Better Late Than Never ~ 13 Oct Surprise, Birthday, Free Dining, Pop TR UPDATE 2/16

We had breakfast at Everything Pop. This time was biscuits and gravy, croissant, fruit cup, bottled water, oj.

I love croissants!

Today we were going to Studios. I was happy that with FP+ we didn’t have to rush to TSM. Hope wanted to do Jedi Training, but I didn’t want to get too early of a Jedi show so we would go there after RnR.

When we got there we saw this cute little set up to take pictures and we did. We planned to watch Monsters U before the trip, but it didn’t happen.

Ooh, scary!

I was a little annoyed after reading how studios opens earlier than posted time everyday…they didn’t open early for us!

We went straight to RNR. But took a pic of ToT instead!

There was only one group in front of us. There's just something special about being one of the first on a ride. Hope didn’t want to do it again right then but said it was okay. She decided against ToT. I was fine with this because ToT isn’t one of my favorites and Dave didn’t want to ride it even if we did.

Then we said we were heading to sign her up for Jedi Training. She then told us that she did NOT want to do Jedi Training. Now before the trip she really wanted to do this. I mean, she REALLY wanted to do this and now she didn’t??? RED FLAG? Dave said he thought she should so we got in line to sign her up. That way if she decided she wanted to later it would still be an option. While they were in line I got TSM FP. It was 9:38 and the return time was 6:55.

We had a FP+ for Fantasmic! So unless we got to TSM! right at 6:55 and then speed walked to F! we would have to miss one of them.

When I got back to them they were at the desk checking in. Her return time is 4:10 for the 4:40 show.

Up next was Star Tours. We are all big Star Wars fans but Dave sometimes gets sick on this ride and doesn’t usually ride it. He decided to give it a try since they made some changes.

We had the sequence with Yoda talking to us, pod races in the dessert, and being in the death star. Dave didn’t get sick but didn’t want to ride a second time. Hope & I decided to ride again since it was a walk on.

I really enjoyed the second time a lot more. This time we had Princess Leah, which wasn’t as good as Yoda. I know they can computer generate Yoda to do anything and they have to use Carrie Fisher footage that they already have, but it was weird that she was talking to us but not looking at us. We went through a snowy area, met up with JarJar Binks, and the underwater was cool. I just liked it better.

Then we hopped in line for the Great Movie Ride.

We waited a few mins, but it wasn’t long. This ride has a few of Hope’s all-time favorites. Mary Poppins is one. I watched this a few times pre-Hope, but I’ve watched it MANY times with her. It wasn’t until watching it with her that I realize Dick van Dyke played the old guy in the movie.

We watched Indiana Jones just before this trip and she really liked it. She also enjoys ancient Egypt and has learned a few of the hieroglyphics, so I thought this would be a good picture.

By now we were ready to eat, but we tried in vain to get food. First we went to ABC and they were opening in 9 mins. We waited. After waiting 10 mins they said they were having issues and they didn’t know how long it would be before they open. Then we went to Backlot Express which wasn’t opening for another 30 mins. So at 11:06 we got a sugar funnel cake from Oasis Canteen and took it with us to snack on while we watched the Indy show. Dave and I hadn’t watched this show in years and it was Hope’s first time. Now that I know they are closing it, I’m really glad we went.

WHAT!?! They're closing it?

After our show we headed back to ABC Commissary and at 12:09 got seafood basket, fries, bacon cheese angus, fries, chocolate mousse, seasonal cupcake, bottled water. The cup cake was super cute!

Yes it is!

Catch my next update to find out if we did Jedi Training, made it to F! and what all these red flags are about!

Great update!

The scary pose is such a good picture!

Bummer on HS not opening earlier, I've also read that a lot.

Score for 2 rides on Star Tours! Love the glasses pics!

That cupcake is super cute!

Great update!

The scary pose is such a good picture!

Bummer on HS not opening earlier, I've also read that a lot.

Score for 2 rides on Star Tours! Love the glasses pics!

That cupcake is super cute!

Thanks! I always smile when I see that pic, because it's just so darn silly looking.

I was annoyed that the park didn't open early, then I was annoyed at myself for being annoyed. They opened at opening time. That's not something I should be upset over. I really should have just been happy to be there!

I love your nighttime pictures around AOA! I'm super excited to see that resort in May! (We're staying one night at Pop, but I'd love to cross the bridge in order to wander around AOA.)

You had a successful morning at Hollywood Studios! It was unreal how fast the Fastpass times jumped at TSM. I'm curious how the experience will be with Fastpass+.

Mmm, Disney cupcakes. I can't wait to have one of those in just four and a half months!

I'm super curious about the red flags... popcorn::

I love your nighttime pictures around AOA! I'm super excited to see that resort in May! (We're staying one night at Pop, but I'd love to cross the bridge in order to wander around AOA.)

You had a successful morning at Hollywood Studios! It was unreal how fast the Fastpass times jumped at TSM. I'm curious how the experience will be with Fastpass+.

Mmm, Disney cupcakes. I can't wait to have one of those in just four and a half months!

I'm super curious about the red flags... popcorn::

We enjoyed visiting AOA. The grounds were great and the food court had some things we really liked.

I'm working on the answer tonight!

Okay, now I will tell you about the red flags. Well not now, we have to pick up where we left off.

I think we took this picture next.

Then it was time for our TSM! FP+.

We aren’t very good at this. But we enjoy it.

Things started to fall apart around here. We went to look at the character lines and Hope didn’t want to wait in any of the lines. She wants to go back to the hotel. WHAT?!? I got very upset and emotional that every day at every park she wants to leave and go back to swim. Dave suggested we go to see Little Mermaid. She didn’t want to, so I gave her the map and told her to pick what was next, but we were not leaving the park. Then she decided to go see LM. She really enjoyed it and so did I, even though we were both upset.

After Little Mermaid we saw Captain Jack. It was cute and I’m glad we went since it is also closed.

We walked through One Man’s Dream & watched Beauty & Beast. She really enjoyed that even more than LM.

Studios just didn’t have a whole lot that we wanted to do, but I wanted to wait for Jedi Training and I wanted to see F!.
Now that so much has closed, we will skip this park next time.

We sat on a bench while Hope played with bubbles, she did this for a really long time.

Then it was off to Jedi Training. She was still insisting she didn’t really want to do it. Red Flag? But we insisted. She loves Star Wars and has been looking forward to this and talking about it for so long that we knew she would enjoy it.

First we go to a holding room where they get robes, get instructions and line up.

Then they walk to the show area and onto stage.

Then it was time for her epic battle with Darth Vader

She enjoyed it even more than she wanted to admit. And she did admit to enjoying it. These are some of the most treasured pictures from this trip.

Next we rode R&R again using FP+. This time she rode with her dad.

Hope wanted to know why we didn’t tell her it goes upside down? Um, you rode it this morning, it went upside down then too!

It was getting close to supper time so we decided to eat. I got in line to order at Rosie’s All American. The line didn’t move very quickly and then it stopped. A non-English speaking woman didn’t know her pin number to pay with her Magic Band. It took 10 or so minutes for them to decide to move her to the side while managers dealt with that situation. Even after that the service was very slow. It was the worse on this trip. I finally got to order at 6:14PM I ordered pizza, banana parfait, bottled water we only used one meal credit. Hope hardly ate. BIG RED FLAG!

We decided to get to Fantasmic! instead of using our TSM FP. I was really looking forward to seeing F! The last time we watched part of it from the standing room section was when Hope was 2. She didn’t remember it at all and I knew she would enjoy it.

Well I was wrong, she didn’t enjoy it. We got our seats for F! and Hope started complaining about being cold. It was not cold. BIG OL UGLY RED FLAG!!

At 6:46PM I got a cotton candy & popcorn box snack for us to share.

She kept getting wet and I could tell she was not enjoying herself, so we walked out when the floats were started and went back to the room. On the bus I realized, Hope had a fever. It happens EVERY TIME we take her to Disney for more than a few days. I spent hours laboring over our schedule to make sure she had enough rest on this trip. I moved things around so that the late nights wouldn’t be followed by early mornings. I even packed melatonin to give her on the nights that she was too excited to sleep. And still, she got sick. Now I’m frustrated with myself for being frustrated with her earlier in the day. She probably wasn’t feeling well and that’s probably why she wanted to go back to the room.

We now also have learned that she gets fever from allergies. Everything I’ve ever read tells me you don’t get fever with allergies, but my child does. Her Dr confirmed it, but I still don’t really understand. All I do know is that since this trip I have given her allergy medicine every time she sneezes more than a couple times in a day and it really has made a difference.

Ugh. Now what are we going to do? We planned to go to Blizzard Beach tomorrow and WWOHP the next day. The two highlights of her trip.

Will be get to the fake beach, or fly with Harry?…stayed tuned!

I had a lot to catch up on! I am skipping DHS next trip also. There is not a lot to do and the 3 rides will have super long lines!

Poor Hope! I bet now she is glad you got her to do Jedi training, such great pics!

Oh, no! Being sick in Disney is such a bummer... you always want to power through because you're in DISNEY, gosh darn it! I hope it was short-lived and didn't interrupt too many of your plans! :goodvibes

You did manage to do a lot at Hollywood Studios despite the fact that Hope didn't feel well! I'm glad you got to see (most) of Fantasmic! I'm also glad Hope had the opportunity to do Jedi training - the pictures are great!

On the bus I realized, Hope had a fever. It happens EVERY TIME we take her to Disney for more than a few days. I spent hours laboring over our schedule to make sure she had enough rest on this trip. I moved things around so that the late nights wouldn’t be followed by early mornings. I even packed melatonin to give her on the nights that she was too excited to sleep. And still, she got sick. Now I’m frustrated with myself for being frustrated with her earlier in the day. She probably wasn’t feeling well and that’s probably why she wanted to go back to the room.

We now also have learned that she gets fever from allergies. Everything I’ve ever read tells me you don’t get fever with allergies, but my child does. Her Dr confirmed it, but I still don’t really understand. All I do know is that since this trip I have given her allergy medicine every time she sneezes more than a couple times in a day and it really has made a difference.

I am so sorry that Hope was not feeling well on your trip to WDW. What a bummer!

Hope and my DD have the same issue. Everytime Haley gets the sniffles, runny nose she runs a fever! Now that we have this figured out, we give her Tylenol when she starts to get the sniffles and now that she is older I have started to give her one allergy tablet or liquid sinus medicine and it helps her.

We know that she has some type of allergy but have not had it pinpointed since it seems to be seasonal. She breaks out in large hives all over her body at times from something in the air in the spring months. Her doctor figures it to be from a flowering tree or something similar.

Hope's illnesses while at Disney might be related to the different plants/things in the air or grasses that grow in Florida's climate that she normally is not around.

Unfortunately, this probably means that you will need to be armed with lots of allergy medicine on your next trip.

I am glad that Hope was able to participate in the Jedi Training even if she wasn't really excited about it at the moment. You and your DH knew it was something that she had been looking forward to and it looks like she did even when she wasn't feeling her best.

The picture of Hope holding the saber over her head turned out really well, along with the family photos in front of Monsters University and the other one at Studios.

I had a lot to catch up on! I am skipping DHS next trip also. There is not a lot to do and the 3 rides will have super long lines!

Poor Hope! I bet now she is glad you got her to do Jedi training, such great pics!

Of course now that we are planning a December trip, we may have to hop over to DHS to check out the lights. :santa:

Hope loves looking at the scrapbook she made and shows all her friends and cousins the 'time she fought Darth Vader.' :goodvibes

Oh, no! Being sick in Disney is such a bummer... you always want to power through because you're in DISNEY, gosh darn it! I hope it was short-lived and didn't interrupt too many of your plans! :goodvibes

You did manage to do a lot at Hollywood Studios despite the fact that Hope didn't feel well! I'm glad you got to see (most) of Fantasmic! I'm also glad Hope had the opportunity to do Jedi training - the pictures are great!

We did get a bunch done that day. I just felt really bad for getting so upset with her over her wanting to leave the park. Mommy guilt.:headache:

Poor Hope! At least you know now for next trip that she gets allergies down there!

Well, you called it!

Yes, hopefully now we know what signs to look for and the wonders of allergy meds. Maybe, just maybe we won't have to deal with :sick: on our December trip.

10/31

We were supposed to spend the morning at Blizzard Beach and then come back to Pop to trick or treat.
Plans changed because Hope was sick last night. We tried to be as quiet as possible to let her sleep in. We finally put together it was allergies. I know you aren’t supposed to get fever with allergies, but my kid does. When she woke up she wasn’t hungry and didn’t want to eat. So we aren’t going to the water park. If Hope starts throwing up, she ends up in the hospital. So we decided to take it easy and maybe we’ll go to Blizzard Beach Saturday before we drive home.

We got some food at 8:39AM at Landscapes of Flavors. We had the WCP platter, French toast , oj & v8.

Then we drove to Universal so I could pick up my phone. Dave dropped me off and I trekked over to the lost and found, praying they had my phone. I described it to the woman and they had it! It was missing the black case, but who cares, I was getting my phone back! She asked me the password to check to make sure it was mine. Umm, it’s a fingerswipe, not numbers or letters. So then she asked what the picture was on my screen. It was Dave and Hope playing Jurrasic Park. She gave it to me. I was amazed that the battery was still kicking after all this time. I called Dave to let him know I had my phone and was on my way back, but then the battery decided to die. Oh well.

While we were on that side of town we went to the other outlet mall.
At Disney’s Character Warehouse we spent a total of $46.73 using Disney Rewards at 11:04. We bought silly bands, colorbooks, plane, trays, placemats, pen, pencil, pirate shirt, basketball, and a shirt for Dave. The plane, pencil, pirate shirt and basketball were for Hope. She picked out the airplane and got it right away. The rest she didn’t see me buy and was put away for Christmas gifts. The silly bands, color books, trays, and placemats were for the grandkids and the ink pen was for me.

By 11:37 were back at Pop and having lunch. We got grilled chicken sandwich, cranberry juice, pineapple cup, chicken salad, cranberry juice, milk, rice krispy treat, strawberries, tuna roll.

We let Hope swim for a little bit and then enjoy some of the Halloween games.

12:00 halloween savenger hunt

Hippy Dippy pool Haunted Bash 4:00-7:00

A couple of old friends dropped by.

There was a table set up where you could learn to make mini Mickey heads out of the wash cloths.

5:20PM Everything Pop ~ bacon cheese angus, fries, flatbread chicken, Honest Abe Pom Blue, macadamina cookie, dessert. Hope ate the bacon and little bit of cheeseburger, so at least she was eating something again.

Then we went to the parade.

I'm sure I've said this before, but I just have to say, I love Pop!

She won the cup stacking contest.

The trick or treating began.

Even though she was feeling better at the end of the day we had her take a bath and go to bed early. Tomorrow would be an early morning because we had early access to WWOHP.

Dave liked the sushi, so I went back and got the California roll, hone ade pom blue, rice krispy treat at 7:57 to take to WWOHP.

Poor Hope, not feeling well. WDW would be the worst place for not feeling good. I'm glad she was able to make it through the rest of the day and even enjoyed a few things.

So funny how something as simple as bubbles is the best thing for kids.

Ah, the Jedi Training photos are so awesome, I am glad she enjoyed it!

“Why didn't you tell me RnR goes upside down?” HAHAHHAHA

Too bad Hope didn't enjoy Fantasmic! :(

Good idea on taking it easy, bummer your plans had to change. Looks like it all worked out.

Hooray...you got your phone back!

Love all the Halloween festivities at POP! Mickey and Pluto showed up, how cool?!

A scavenger hunt, character towel making, cup building contest (way to go Hope:thumbsup2), trick or treating and a parade. WOW! So so cool!!!

Poor Hope, not feeling well. WDW would be the worst place for not feeling good. I'm glad she was able to make it through the rest of the day and even enjoyed a few things.

So funny how something as simple as bubbles is the best thing for kids.

Ah, the Jedi Training photos are so awesome, I am glad she enjoyed it!

“Why didn't you tell me RnR goes upside down?” HAHAHHAHA

Too bad Hope didn't enjoy Fantasmic! :(

Good idea on taking it easy, bummer your plans had to change. Looks like it all worked out.

Hooray...you got your phone back!

Love all the Halloween festivities at POP! Mickey and Pluto showed up, how cool?!

A scavenger hunt, character towel making, cup building contest (way to go Hope:thumbsup2), trick or treating and a parade. WOW! So so cool!!!

The child just really likes bubbles. She's almost 10 and she still loves them.

I was so, so, so happy to have my phone back!

Having the characters stop by really made it an awesome evening. It was really nice and laid back. There wasn't much of a line and that's always a plus. Cup stacking is another thing she's liked for years. She got to try it at the Ohio state fair when she was younger and really enjoyed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter