Between the BLs (Biggest Loser) Summer Challenge 2010 Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I join in?

I started going ot ht egym this Januuary and have lost some weight and some inches but my weight loss has stopped, time to get back on the wagon.

My goal is 1 pound a week.

Thanks!
Denise

Sign me up! I haven't been terribly active on the thread the last month, but I'm planning on getting back OP as the school year slowly comes to an end!

I'm in. I didn't even realize this part of the DIS boards exsisted, but now that I found you guys, (thanks to the post on the DCL board) I am excited to join in!

My overall goal is fairly large :scared1:, but i will start with 17 pounds during this challenge..have to start somewhere right??! :cool1:

THANKS!

Dahly

I'm in for the losers. Would like to lose at least 20lbs. This should be better for me than trying to get to a WW meeting!

Please count me in! I have been waffling for so long and have at least 20 pounds to lose,but I keep going up instead of down. :sad2: Hopefully, this accountabiliyty will be what I need to get going the right direciton on this! So, that wil put me on teh loser team.

Thanks to Lisa and luvBaloo and all who are helping with this!

PS - Lisa - Thansk for coming to the events side to post about this. :goodvibes I don't get to thsi sideof the forum often any more.

I'd like to join the losers group! My goal is to loose 20lbs in the next 13 weeks. I've been having a lot of back problems lately and I'm hoping if I can loose some weight, my back will begin to feel better!

Count me in for this challenge too please!!
:fish:
I'm going to ♪♫ Just keep swimming ♫♪

:welcome: Buffy! Glad to see you back! Enjoy your trip to Washington DC -- you are a brave woman! :lmao:

I'm starting early with DC. I'm hoping all the walking will kick my butt. I'm headed out this weekend to buy the shape up sneakers. And I downloaded a new C25K app (didn't like the old one, no music). So I'm thinking of doing this at night after we get back from the hotel.

Not so brave, really. We have a great group of kids. the 4 trouble maker boys aren't allowed to go so it should be an excellent trip! We are really looking forward to going, the kids are so excited.

add me to the list of losers...........:laughing:

:welcome: njcarita! Thanks for joining us! :goodvibes

Can I join in?

I started going ot ht egym this Januuary and have lost some weight and some inches but my weight loss has stopped, time to get back on the wagon.

My goal is 1 pound a week.

Thanks!
Denise

:welcome: Denise! Thanks for joining us! :flower3:

Sign me up! I haven't been terribly active on the thread the last month, but I'm planning on getting back OP as the school year slowly comes to an end!

:wave: Hi Stephanie! Hope the rest of the school year passes quickly -- won't be too long until we are at DL! :thumbsup2

I'm in. I didn't even realize this part of the DIS boards exsisted, but now that I found you guys, (thanks to the post on the DCL board) I am excited to join in!

My overall goal is fairly large :scared1:, but i will start with 17 pounds during this challenge..have to start somewhere right??! :cool1:

THANKS!

Dahly

:welcome: Dahly! Glad that you found us! :goodvibes Don't worry about a big goal -- a lot of us have them -- you have the right idea breaking it up into smaller goals.

I'm in for the losers. Would like to lose at least 20lbs. This should be better for me than trying to get to a WW meeting!

:welcome: Dahly! The price is right for our challenge, too! ;)

Please count me in! I have been waffling for so long and have at least 20 pounds to lose,but I keep going up instead of down. :sad2: Hopefully, this accountabiliyty will be what I need to get going the right direciton on this! So, that wil put me on teh loser team.

Thanks to Lisa and luvBaloo and all who are helping with this!

PS - Lisa - Thansk for coming to the events side to post about this. :goodvibes I don't get to thsi sideof the forum often any more.

:welcome: wtpclc! Thanks for joining us! I just started venturing to the events side of the board myself -- it is hard to find a nicer bunch of folks than our WISHers! :hippie:

I'd like to join the losers group! My goal is to loose 20lbs in the next 13 weeks. I've been having a lot of back problems lately and I'm hoping if I can loose some weight, my back will begin to feel better!

:welcome: luvmy3jewels! Thanks for joining us! One of our other participants had a lot of problems with her back -- she is a maintainer now and I know her back feels so much better. Hope that will happen for you soon! :goodvibes

Count me in for this challenge too please!!
:fish:
I'm going to ♪♫ Just keep swimming ♫♪

:welcome: kimara!

I'm in too please! Looking to lose 25 lbs.

:welcome: DaniB! For those of you setting goals for the challenge be sure that you include them in your PM to LuvBaloo on 5/28 with your starting weight.

Sign me up!! I want to lose 20 lbs for our trip!!

:welcome: Littleprince2010! A trip sounds fun!

Welcome everyone. I am back for the summer.

:welcome: back donac! And thanks for coaching one week! :goodvibes

Count me in for this. I didn't make myself a priority during the last challenge, so I am committed to it this time.

My goal will be 20 pounds for this challenge. :goodvibes

I'm here. Another loser. Not sure how much I want to lose yet. I'll have to think about it. :)

I'm here too. I'm hoping to lose weight this time. i pretty much just maintained last time. I have a trip in July and I need to lose before the trip. I'll post how much I hope to lose after our next weigh in.

Not so brave, really. We have a great group of kids. the 4 trouble maker boys aren't allowed to go so it should be an excellent trip! We are really looking forward to going, the kids are so excited.

Have a wonderful time! That trip will be something you and those nice kids will remember all your lives! :flower:

Count me in for this. I didn't make myself a priority during the last challenge, so I am committed to it this time.

My goal will be 20 pounds for this challenge. :goodvibes

:welcome: Craftydawn! That making yourself a top priority is a hard one to get ahold of, especially this time of year, but you can do it! :thumbsup2

I never set a goal, do I need to??

I guess my goal would be 20 lbs that would be 10% right? yeah, 20 lbs.

Goal setting is optional. For some of us it is good to have a public goal out there to hold you accountable and keep track of how you are doing so you can see the big picture. Here is a link to an example of the goal results. Remember you don't have to decide your goal now, you can do it at the first weigh in. And even if you state your goal in the thread be sure to PM to LuvBaloo when you PM your initial weight to her on 5/28. You can change your goal anytime during the challenge.

:confused: a good detailed...huh? what's pjlla? :p

Pjlla is a who. :cutie: I was talking about Pamela (pjlla) on our BL 9 thread who always comes up with great, detailed plans of how she is going to get through a holiday. She plans ahead exactly what she will eat, how she will make sure to get her exercise in, and keeps the plan with her to refer to. It has worked very, very well for her as she is a maintainer now and started with a weight over 200 lbs. She is one of our success stories. I wasn't trying to speak in code or anything -- I thought you would recognize that reference from the other challenge.:flower3:

I'm here. Another loser. Not sure how much I want to lose yet. I'll have to think about it. :)

:welcome: maiziezoe! And a big thank you for being one of our coaches! :flower:

I'm here too. I'm hoping to lose weight this time. i pretty much just maintained last time. I have a trip in July and I need to lose before the trip. I'll post how much I hope to lose after our next weigh in.

:welcome: my3princes! Thank you for also being a coach volunteer. :goodvibes

It's fun to see some old and new participants joining us. Remember you are all welcome to chatter with us as we enjoy the last week of the BL 9 challenge. It's NEVER too late to join a BL challenge! :flower3:

I'm a little late, but it's great to see so many familiar faces, and newcomers too. We are going to have a super, losing summer. My goal will be to lose the 15 pounds I gained last summer.:rotfl: I'm going to do it this time, dang it!!!!!

We date every food item that comes in the house with the month and date. We've been doing it for years because both our mothers would have 100 year old things in the pantry.
THis made me chuckle, Lisa. Very impressive. On the organization spectrum, I'd be more toward your mom's. Now, if there's no expiration date on a can, then it must be good forever, right?;) That's why I prefer frozen vegies.

Thank you, Lisa, for keeping these challenges going. :flower3:

See you all soon. :)

I would love to join. My world is about to change in a big way. I am an accountant and our company was bought out last year. I was laid off and my last day is May 31st. My youngest son just graduated from college and has joined the Airforce, he leaves next week for Germany. His older brother is going to Europe for six weeks and then moving to Texas. SO by the end of this month I will be jobless and kidless for the first time in 24 years!!!!! I have to keep myself busy and out of the kitchen!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter