Between the BLs (Biggest Loser) Summer Challenge 2010 Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hugs to you LtlMermaid!

Just had to fix a "bad" drink as I was getting aggravated at everything! Oven won't ignite so I couldn't make anything decent for lunch. Repair place is closed for the holiday so along with working I have to have them come and hopefully just replace the igniter on the oven! Ended up making some pasta, some sauce and some chicken teriyaki meatballs! Sweating like crazy as it's about 97 outside! I think I'll have water and ground turkey and pasta salad the rest of the day! After my next drink! :rotfl:

Bought some material so my mom can make me some tube tops. Also got some material so mom can make DD2 some dresses for the fall!

OK, enough venting from me for the day! Time for the last of my drinks for the day! Still technically the holiday weekend! With what the scale said this morning, I doubt I'll reach 50 this week! I am going to step up my workouts this week though! Walking twice in the morning and then some WATP or EA Sports Active!

Back from TS3. Yes, DH and I BOTH cried. We rarely go to the movies, in fact, this was DD2 - age 3.5 first trip to the theatres. Now I remember why. I know it was a 3-D movie, which is more expensive. But just to get the four of us in was $40. How does that compare to the rest of the country?

Then the popcorn and drinks. I KNEW I shouldn't have left DH to get them. 2 HUGE, refillable even, bags 2 HUGE refillable sodas (I haven't had a soda since January! :scared1:) and 2 small drinks for the girls.

We spend $70 at the movies at noon.

DH was disappointed in the movie, he didn't think it was as good as the first two. But he had laughed at me when I commented that from what I'd read from the losers, I'd better grab some tissues. Then, I could tell he was weapy eyed when we left! ;)

Oh well. Took a curvy backroad home so DD would fall asleep and nap, came home, and promptly got sick - curves, butter, and soda do NOT mix! Thinking about taking a nap while she does!

Have a great afternoon.
Taryn

I do miss you all when I don't have time to read every day. I am holding my own which make me happy. Up .2 this week which is basicly a maintain. :rotfl: I ran this morning too, which starts my day off right. Might not counteract all I eat and drink today, but it won't hurt.

Rose- Congrats on your race!! YOu look fabulous and so happy!! Awesome time, too!!!

Well, I'm off to fill some water balloons. The neighborhood is starting to rev up. Happy fourth!!
Thanks Kathy! We miss you, too!

Great time, and you look fantastic!!! What a wonderful way to celebrate Independence day!!!

Just finished 30 minutes of yoga, and 10 minutes of ab work. I'm hoping to do a little zumba from you tube, or something cardio, for just about 15-20 minutes later today, and arm work. I am thinking that my cross training days, I am hoping for 2 a days, as DH calls them from high school football, to really rev up my metabolism. Had a great salad for lunch, with 1oz of steak left from last night just for a little extra flavor. Kashi bar for breakfast, pineapple for snack. I'm feeling it, meaning the plan!

Have a great day everyone!

I did do zumba for about 30 minutes, I like the girls from Hickory NC. Maybe I burned off a little of the snack, and got the metabolism and post workout burn going.

We'll walk to the fireworks tonight, but only around .5 mile each way. Since we are carrying chairs, I know I won't get Dh to add more to the walk!
Thanks! Are you doing the zumba from you tube? I'm thinking about trying it at home before trying it at the Y. I really don't want to emabarrass myself too much!:lmao:

Hi fellow losers!! I was away for 6 days camping with my family in WV. We just got back late last night. I have NO intention of weighing myself until NEXT Friday. :headache: It wasn't bad food-wise but I didn't have a ton of choices. I really hope I can get myself on track I have so many things I want to lose weight for in the next few months!!!
Welcome Back!
You look amazing! You also had a great race time! I would love to finish with that kind of time. :woohoo:

As for needing more salt/sodium in my diet, I got really sick on Wednesday. My doctor isn't exactly sure what happened, but I may have blacked out. She recommended more salt and lots of water. I am considering being excused this week because I know the huge gain I had is due to all the extra salt I have been eating. I'm still debating. I will make a decision by tomorrow morning and PM Shannon accordingly. I am hoping the extra water I've been drinking will help as well. On the positive side, I am feeling better. Thanks for asking! The support here is so wonderful!
Thanks CC. Hope you continue to feel better!

Hello everyone. I have not been here to read or post in about a week. I hope everyone is doing well!

And today, I think, I have been re-motivated! I went clothes shopping!!!! :goodvibes

I have not purchased a single clothing item since January, and it turns out I did lose a size! My shirts are a 1X now, and my waist is 20 (1X).

I just was not planning on purchasing as much as I did... I really truly only went for at least 1 pair of shorts and capris. Came home with 2 shorts, 1 capri, 1 pant/capri, and 3 shirts. Not sure I'm going to keep them all...

There was this REALLY nice dressy shirt I wanted but I need to lose more weight for it to look as good as it should/will. Hopefully by then it will be on sale/clearance as well.
Yea for smaller clothes!!!!:cool1:
Congratulations on your race. You did fabulous. You look fabulous too :goodvibes
Thank you so much!

Wow, Rose! You look great! I have to say that I wouldn't think that you are the parents of a college aged kid just by looking at your pics. You look so happy and fit. Great time on your race. Remember you are the one who did all the hard work -- we were just here to help you along the way! :goodvibes

Going to a neighbors to have dinner and watch fireworks tonight. The kids will play together and do our own fireworks before the big ones on the lake. It's nice to watch but be able to stay home.

This is a big celebratory week at our house. The 4th of July and two birthdays, company coming, if I can just hold the line I will be happy.

Have a safe and happy 4th of July everyone! :cool2:
Thanks Lisa! That sounds like a great way to spend the 4th of July!

You look great! You're adorable! Congrats on your run!
:goodvibes Thanks!

Rose - wow, wow, wow. Thanks so much for the inspiration. Those are terrific pictures. We have roughly the same goal but I'm not as close are you are yet. It really helps to see someone getting that much closer...!!
Thanks Jude, but really you all inspire me. I really feel like right now at this point in my life, I have absolutely no excuses. I have no kids at home, only work part time, and have the financial resources to do what I need to do. I am humbled to hear how you all manage your busy schedules.:goodvibes

Hi all. It has been a tough summer so far. I have been losing and gaining the same bit though I think I am down a hint overall. So far July has been ok. I am trying to think of it as a fresh start (again) but I know it will be hard with my birthday coming up next week. Hope you all have a safe and healthy 4th. I am thinking of stopping by subway on the way to the party to get me a healthy filling option.

SarahMay
Hang in there SarahMay!:goodvibes

Hi Rose! I didn't realize there was a Morse mini :confused3 If you and/or Ann go to the Dis Meet I'll definitely be there! We only live 1 1/2 miles away. Aaron (ADP) does a great job organizing it. He has a silent auction with proceeds going to Give Kids the World - I got a great DVC watch last year! He also has giveaways every hour. He gets stuff from WDW and also picks up some donations from our local Disney Store.
We are seriously considering it and treating it like a training run. For anyone who doesn't know, a mini is actually a half marathon. For some reason they call it a mini in this part of the country. My b-day is the 4th and I thought what a great present to myself--run 13 miles and then go to a Dis Meet!:thumbsup2 I'll let you know what we decide. Do you think there will be other people there without kids?

Had a great day at the party. Not as many people this year as usual. Ate way too much. Not really going to eat supper tonight, just snacky stuff and have a nice drink or two!

We're watching UP now. It's my Dad's favorite! It just happened to be on when we got home. Everyone is resting up so we can watch the Boston POPS Concert and the fireworks over Boston Harbor. We do this every year.

I love UP!
No, the whole course wasn't muddy. The worst of it was in the park before we got started. All of the 5K course was paved, but most of the 10K course was on a crushed gravel running path. There were some puddles but it wasn't too bad. And, would you believe that, yes, I totally DID wear my new running shoes. :rolleyes1 They just felt TOO good not to. (And the girl at the store assured me that this shoe really did wear well out of the box with no break-in period.) They ran great! I can hardly wait to run in them again. I washed them this morning and they are fine. But I did sound like such a girlie girl complaining about getting my new shoes muddy. :rotfl:
I would have been freaking about the mud in my new shoes! I have a spot from who knows what and it's driving me crazy! Glad everything came out in the wash. How was running on gravel?
I actually ate fairly well last night, but consumed a few pina coladas, so any calories saved on the food was counteracted with the drinks.:rotfl: We had a really fun night, and were exhausted today. We just relaxed at my brothers and swam in his pool this afternoon, and when we came home around 6, I took a 2 hour nap on the couch while michael watched a movie. That kid doesn't sleep. He was up til after midnight, and up at 6:30 this morning, and just went to bed at 9. I snacked today away, chicken wings, leftover shrimp dip, blueberry cake, congo bars, a little vegie dip for good measure, and a couple mikes hard lemonades. Not an on program day, that's for sure. We are going to start tomorrow off with a run/walk and then clean the house. We have a cookout in the afternoon, but I'm driving, so I won't be drinking, and I'm going to get back on track tomorrow. I have 7 weeks til my vacation, and I want to get to onederland, which is 11 pounds away. I know I can do it if I buckle down.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Have a nice night. :)
You can do it, Kathy!!!:goodvibes

That is great advice. I was reading an article that talked about the "diet vs. lifestyle" mindset the other day, and how people with a "diet" mindset statistically almost always put it back on. If this is the way we are going to life for the rest of our lives, it is unrealistic to think we are not going to have meals/days/ that aren't the healthiest. Choose to do it then, then choose the lifestyle again the next meal.

Have a great day, everyone! Going to work on my TR and dining review until the family wakes up!
I really try to look at it this way, so I don't beat myself up all the time. I'm sure there are people out there who can never eat another french fry as long as they live, but I am not one of them. I have found I am much pickier about the empty calories I consume. If I am going to have junk, then it's going to be junk that I REALLY want.

Haven't lost weight in a month so I can't get out of the 190s which is really frustrating!! I'm changing up my excersize this week, going from just running to alternating running and weights/circuit. Hope this helps!!

Does anyone have any good running music? I recently downloaded "It's your life" by Francesca Battestelli (the song they play on the BL all the time) its funny when it comes on because I pretend i'm on the show lol
Here is part of my playlist:
Bulletproof--LaRoux
I'll be you--the Replacements
Lose Yourself-eminem
escapade--janet jackson
into the groove--madonna
boom boom pow
heartbreak beat-pychidelic furs
save it for later--english beat
behind the wall of sleep-smithereens (LOVE this song!)
stronger--kanye west
under pressure--david bowie
imma be
1985--bowling for soup
cuts you up--peter murphy
so whatcha want--beastie boys
c'mon c'mon--von blondies
runaway--bon jovi
hey soul sister--train

I love my music!!!!

Well, we saw Toy Story last night. I must say I picked the worst night to go--the Reds have finally returned from there verrrrrrry lonnnnnnng road trip. I am glad, because it saved me a doctors visit, but goodness, I cried through almost the entire movie. The part where Andy's room was empty--OMG! I won't say anything else, because I know people haven't seen it yet. Let's just say if that would have come out last year when DS was getting ready to go to college, I would have had to get up and leave the theatre. I thought it was a wonderful movie, very well done.

Then today I bagged up stuff for good will that has been accumulating in our spare BR and found a ton of stuff that DS had put in there. More waterworks! The good news is Mike took a pickup truck full of stuff to good will. We are slowly getting organized. We had a very emotional discussion last night, but I think we are definitely going to buy a new house. We stayed here for DS, we wanted him to have some consistency growing up, but we have outgrown the neighborhood. Mike pointed out we didn't even put out a flag yesterday, which is so unlike us. We just don't want to be here anymore. So, time to get serious about getting the house ready to sell, and finding a new one. I feel like I am in a good place with food right now, so hopefully the stress of moving won't be too much.

I am up 2 pounds from Friday, but I am sure it's a girl thing.:thumbsup2 Hoping to be down by Friday.:)

Hope everyone is great!

Thanks! Are you doing the zumba from you tube? I'm thinking about trying it at home before trying it at the Y. I really don't want to emabarrass myself too much!:lmao:

Well, we saw Toy Story last night. I must say I picked the worst night to go--the Reds have finally returned from there verrrrrrry lonnnnnnng road trip. I am glad, because it saved me a doctors visit, but goodness, I cried through almost the entire movie.

Then today I bagged up stuff for good will that has been accumulating in our spare BR and found a ton of stuff that DS had put in there. More waterworks! The good news is Mike took a pickup truck full of stuff to good will. We are slowly getting organized. We had a very emotional discussion last night, but I think we are definitely going to buy a new house. We stayed here for DS, we wanted him to have some consistency growing up, but we have outgrown the neighborhood. Mike pointed out we didn't even put out a flag yesterday, which is so unlike us. We just don't want to be here anymore. So, time to get serious about getting the house ready to sell, and finding a new one. I feel like I am in a good place with food right now, so hopefully the stress of moving won't be too much.

I am up 2 pounds from Friday, but I am sure it's a girl thing.:thumbsup2 Hoping to be down by Friday.:)

Hope everyone is great!

Wow Rose! I'll take my comments in order:
1. I love the zumba on you tube, especially the girls from Hickory, NC. They are really good! I made a whole playlist of stuff they do to songs I like.
2. I actually thought about you watching Toy Story today!
3. I remarked to DH - well, I'd planned on going through some of the girls toys today. That won't be happening now. Can't imagine how you did it!
4. Selling your house? Major move! Are you going to try to stay in the same area, just a different neighborhood? If you don't like the place, and want to move, do it! Sounds like a great change, we moved to our house about 8 months after DD2 was born. I loved it then, and certain things I like, like being 1 block from school, .5 miles from the park, and in the middle of our little "town". But somedays I wish we had a lot of land in the middle of nowhere!!!!

Hope you can hang in there through this week!:hug:
Taryn

QOTD Saturday: What place do you dream of visiting someday. This can be anywhere in the World.
I Love :love: to travel – there are so many places we want to go, we are planning Italy and Greece for 2012, and maybe Hawaii in 2013. I would also love to go to France, Germany, Egypt, and Australia. I’d like to see the Grand Canyon, but since I’m afraid of heights, I’ve always been too chicken to plan a trip there – it’s super cool to fly over though :rolleyes:! Of course, I’d love to go to Disneyland and Disneyland Paris. I’m going to try to plan a side trip to Disneyland on our way to Hawaii when we go. I’m definitely going to be a traveling retiree – I may just sell the house and travel non-stop for a few years when I’m older! I’ll be the oldest backpacker in Europe :rotfl2: !

50sjayne – Great pic!

Rose – You look great too! Congrats on a great race!

Tricia1972 – Wow, great loss!

Shelby – Welcome back.

QOTD for Sunday: What is your favorite summer activity to do with your family?
DS and I like to go to the pool, but since we don’t have a neighborhood pool anymore we have to pay to go to the county pool. It’s a nice pool, but it’s kind of far away, it’s inconvenient (no loungers – really, it’s a freaking pool with no loungers!) and it’s usually crowded. So that’s not really our favorite summer activity anymore. We do enjoy watching movies and playing video games together, even though we can do that all year; it seems to be more fun during the summer. I’m not a very outdoorsy person and I dislike being sweaty and hot, so there aren’t many things I like to do during the summer that don’t involve air conditioning :rolleyes1!

Connie - Congrats on your great race too!

Tayrn – Yikes on the getting sick part! I have pretty bad motion sickness, so I totally understand how you felt – yuck :sick:. I hope you are feeling better.

Well, today was another busy day. Between oversleeping and helping with our company cookout I did not get much accomplished today at work. I will try to check in tomorrow, but I’ll be pretty busy catching up with work so I may not get to “talk” to you guys again until Wednesday. Have a great rest of the day everyone!

Bree

Wow Rose! I'll take my comments in order:
1. I love the zumba on you tube, especially the girls from Hickory, NC. They are really good! I made a whole playlist of stuff they do to songs I like.

OMG! I grew up in Hickory, NC! Moved to MA when I was 9, 31 years ago! THe winner of the last, Last Comic Standing was from there! I'll have to look that up! I would love to get into Zumba!

Great job :cool1:
Whoo hoo!! That is awesome!!
Sounds like a great race, Connie! :cool1:
Connie - Congrats on your great race too!

Thank you so much, ladies!

Sounds like a fun time. Bet you felt hardcore slogging through the mud! Good time, too! You all motivate me to try to find a race somewhere, I still haven't done an official one yet. Maybe one on the horizon would be a motivator! Great job Connie!

You should do it! Having my next race on the calendar really helps me stick to my training plan. Otherwise, I'd get way too lazy and not get any exercise to speak of. Go for it!!

I would have been freaking about the mud in my new shoes! I have a spot from who knows what and it's driving me crazy! Glad everything came out in the wash. How was running on gravel?

The gravel was fine. The route was posted online last Thursday and it was marked on a satellite photo like from google earth or something. I could tell it wasn't on a paved road, but I could see some kind of path. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it turned out to be a jogging path. It made for a really pretty run down by the lake. (I don't know that anyone would want to look, but here is the course map: http://www.ci.the-colony.tx.us/lbl/documents/Liberty10KRoute.pdf)

OMG! I grew up in Hickory, NC! Moved to MA when I was 9, 31 years ago! THe winner of the last, Last Comic Standing was from there! I'll have to look that up! I would love to get into Zumba!

He used to be in a Dodge commercial. I can hear him now saying Hickry! When we went by a sign for Hickory off 77 on our way to WDW, with both said "Hickry" Too funny!

Boy, it has been a busy weekend! After spending Friday and Saturday in Dallas for my race, my nieces spent Saturday night and all day Sunday with us. DH, DD, my sister, nieces and I all went out to dinner and to the park for the fireworks. We got home about 11:00 last night. And, since DD fell asleep in the car, she wound up going straight to bed still in her clothes. We all slept late this morning and then decided at the last minute to join my sister, her girls and my other sister's two kids at the zoo this morning followed by a late lunch. Once again, DD went straight from the car to her bed to finish her nap.

So, here it is, 6:30 in the evening and nothing remotely productive has occurred during my 4-day weekend. Oh well. It's been a ton of fun! Back to real life. First thing in the morning...

Well, we saw Toy Story last night. I must say I picked the worst night to go--the Reds have finally returned from there verrrrrrry lonnnnnnng road trip. I am glad, because it saved me a doctors visit, but goodness, I cried through almost the entire movie. The part where Andy's room was empty--OMG! I won't say anything else, because I know people haven't seen it yet. Let's just say if that would have come out last year when DS was getting ready to go to college, I would have had to get up and leave the theatre. I thought it was a wonderful movie, very well done.

:hug: I'm sure it will be emotional packing up and moving with all the memories you've had there, but it sounds like it's the right thing for you and your husband. So good that you know it. Good luck with the house shopping and getting your house ready to put on the market.

I’m not a very outdoorsy person and I dislike being sweaty and hot, so there aren’t many things I like to do during the summer that don’t involve air conditioning :rolleyes1!
I am enjoying my new air conditioner right now. I only had one in the bedroom and it broke 2 summers ago, so we went without last year, pretty cool summer here, but so far this year it's been so hot so today we went to home depot and bought a new one, and I am so excited to sleep tonight. I was a bit cranky yesterday with the heat, and I know I wouldn't make the rest of the week with temps in the 90s without killing someone. :rotfl: Luckily, my computer is in the bedroom, so I'll be checking in here more often.

Your kid sounds like mine. I wish I had their energy!!! And good for you on recognizing those liquid calories counted up!

Well, the cookout was a blimp on my journey! I ate half of a chicken breast, some corn on the cob, green peppers, green beans, and one of DH's aunt makes this salad that we call Dorito salad. It literally has 2 inches of doritos on the bottom, and some on the top. But the middle is really good, with pinto beans, corn kernels, onions, and green peppers. Maybe ranch dressing, or something like it. I ate a LOT of this salad, but none of the Doritos mushed in with it. I felt good about my food choices, until I hit the desserts. MIL made a parfait with red and blue jello, strawberries, blueberries and cool whip. It was good, and probably not too terribly bad. Only drank lots of water. UNTIL I got to these bars she makes, similar to rice crispie treats, but they have peanut butter, butterscotch, and topped with chocolate. I ate several of these during the day, but in 1 inch squares at a time. Spent a lot of time playing in the pool. I haven't weighed yet, but it can't be good. Hoping all the corn, beans, and other veggies will help things to move away soon!

On a side note: I've noticed that my weight is at it's lowest around noon. Anyone else have this? My first thing in the morning weight is usually up, but after coffee and moving around a bit, it's lower. I always thought first thing in the morning weight was your lowest. :confused3
Unfortunately the fun summer frozen drinks are wicked high in points. Also, mikes hard lemonades- 5 points each. :confused3 Today, I went back light beer, 2 points. Gotta get serious again.
Sounds like you did great at the cookout. It's all about making choice, and making this a lifestyle. Those bars sound awesome, and by eating small pieces at a time, I'm sure you kept it in check. I like to think about how I used to eat until I was stuffed, without out any thought of how many calories I was consuming, and know how much better I am doing, even on those challenging days when I do indulge a bit much.

I tried to fall back to sleep, but no luck. So, I exercised! :cool1: I did 35 minutes on the Wii Fit+ and burned over 150 calories. I did some Free Run and the Island Lap. This time, the Wii actually registered my movements and I had a good "Burn Rate." :goodvibes
Awesome job on getting up and exercising rather than tossing and turning for an hour.

Haven't lost weight in a month so I can't get out of the 190s which is really frustrating!! I'm changing up my excersize this week, going from just running to alternating running and weights/circuit. Hope this helps!!
Sounds like a good plan to mix things up a little. Hang in there on the scale not moving, at least it's not going up. Maintaining is highly underrated, though it can be frustrating. Hope you see a change on the scale this week.

Now that you've got this holiday week-end behind you, I bet you can get into ONE-derland before vacation! :thumbsup2 But the pressure is going to start building here keeping that trip a secret from Michael until the last minute! :eek:
Thanks, Lisa. I know I can do it if I can just set my mind to it. I have 7 weeks. I know what to do. I'm already planning where I'll do my runs when we're away in maine. So funny, I was talking to a patient the other day who runs marathons, and his daughter is 17, and wants to run a race with him, so I was telling him about the disney princess, and what a wonderful memory that would be if he took her to run that for her first big race. He was so nice, but probably thought i was such a disney freak. Doing the princess is really such a big motivator too.

I was up until 1:30 am babysitting the aquarium. Literally. I happened to get up for a few minutes around 11:30 and checked on our very pregnant fish who'd been freaking out before I went to bed.

She was in labor, and with babies already in the breeder box, it was nearly impossible to get her in.

Enter Tricia with her amazing rescue net.

Our OTHER pregnant fish ate a lot of the babies :rolleyes: :sad2: but I managed to save 11 of the new babies.
congrats on the new fish. Jeez, I always thought having fish would be a low maintenance pet, but I guess not. Glad we went with the guinea pig.

I have been eating horribly, stress eating due to all of the family drama, which is NOT an excuse and I am NOT happy with myself right now. I feel bloated but I can't seem to stop eating junk!

I hope to get back on track soon, wish me luck and I will check in later today or tomorrow!
:grouphug: Hugs to you and I hope things settle down soon. Hang in there.

I know it was a 3-D movie, which is more expensive. But just to get the four of us in was $40. How does that compare to the rest of the country?

Then the popcorn and drinks. I KNEW I shouldn't have left DH to get them. 2 HUGE, refillable even, bags 2 HUGE refillable sodas (I haven't had a soda since January! :scared1:) and 2 small drinks for the girls.

We saw it in an Imax 3d theater and it was 12$ each. I am one to sneak in drinks and candy though, and just buy the popcorn. It's crazy the prices these days. Glad you enjoyed the movie.

We went to our last bbq of the weekend, and as I planned to get on track, I did only have 2 light beers, and stayed away from the chips. I didn't journal my food today, so I probably did nibble more than I wanted to. Tomorrow is back to work, which is easier for me to get into a healthier routine. I went out this morning for a run/walk with michael, but instead of scootering, he wanted to run/walk with me. I likes to sprint for a minute then stop and take a break, so I ended up running ahead and turning back and circling around him, so I was moving the whole time. It worked out much better rather than getting frustrated with him. We were out for 40 minutes, before it got too hot.

Have a nice evening. Stay cool. We're going to watch a movie on the computer in my bedroom tonight and enjoy my new air conditioner.

Hey gang. I have to confess, with my follow up at the Oncologist (I have to go every 6 months) looming tomorrow, my head has not been in the game. Not to mention I feel SUPER bloated and have no idea why. Anyway...I'm ready though...my appt is tomorrow and we always go to PF Changs afterward. We go to the Dr, go shopping and go there for an early dinner. I already know that is happening tomorrow.

I just ordered myself a Jillian Michael's DVD - 30 Day Shred.....anyone else doing it or have done it????? Exercise will play a key roll in this for me and I need something like that because my schedule just doesn't allow for much more. I'm curious if anyone else has had success with it???????

On a happy note ...my DD6 donated her hair to Locks of Love for the second time. (first time was when she was 3) She donated 12 inches of hair!!! I'm so proud of her!!! She had hair down to her butt and now she has a sassy little bob!

Anyway...I haven't been around much lately as we're having some internet issues at home (plus I was away). I'm at work now so I figured I'd check in while I could!!!

On a side note: I've noticed that my weight is at it's lowest around noon. Anyone else have this? My first thing in the morning weight is usually up, but after coffee and moving around a bit, it's lower. I always thought first thing in the morning weight was your lowest. :confused3

Have a great day, everyone! Going to work on my TR and dining review until the family wakes up!

I'm definitely lighter late morning or early afternoon. It is often as much as 2 lbs.

Hey gang. I have to confess, with my follow up at the Oncologist (I have to go every 6 months) looming tomorrow, my head has not been in the game. Not to mention I feel SUPER bloated and have no idea why. Anyway...I'm ready though...my appt is tomorrow and we always go to PF Changs afterward. We go to the Dr, go shopping and go there for an early dinner. I already know that is happening tomorrow.

I just ordered myself a Jillian Michael's DVD - 30 Day Shred.....anyone else doing it or have done it????? Exercise will play a key roll in this for me and I need something like that because my schedule just doesn't allow for much more. I'm curious if anyone else has had success with it???????

On a happy note ...my DD6 donated her hair to Locks of Love for the second time. (first time was when she was 3) She donated 12 inches of hair!!! I'm so proud of her!!! She had hair down to her butt and now she has a sassy little bob!

Anyway...I haven't been around much lately as we're having some internet issues at home (plus I was away). I'm at work now so I figured I'd check in while I could!!!

:wizard::wizard:Good luck at the Oncologist:wizard::wizard:

Good Evening Everyone!

I had a very good day today! I spent 75 minutes in the pool, plus my morning Wii workout. I am hoping to do something similar tomorrow.

I have a few minutes now so I am going to finally reply to some of you. I really have no idea where my times goes over the weekend. I did manage to clean out more of my bookshelf than I had hoped. I never touched the basement, but I did do another project that took precedent as it needs to be ready for tomorrow afternoon.

I ended up drinking at least 10 8 oz. glasses of water plus 1 can of diet soda today. I was hoping for more, but I think that's plenty. I will aim for at least 10 glasses of water tomorrow as well. I need to get better about spreading them out throughout the day. I'm sure you all know why.:rotfl:

Have a great day tomorrow!

So yesterday was a new start for my husband & I (as he had gained weight as well). I'm sure the past 2 days he's sweated off weight while putting up the pool. ;)

And today, I think, I have been re-motivated! I went clothes shopping!!!! :goodvibes

I have not purchased a single clothing item since January, and it turns out I did lose a size! My shirts are a 1X now, and my waist is 20 (1X).

Way to go on dropping a size! Good luck recommitting on this journey to a healthy lifestyle. You CAN and WILL do this! :goodvibes

QOTD for Sunday: What is your favorite summer activity to do with your family?

Definitely swimming in our pool or the neighbor's pool!

Well, I am glad to say the scale keeps sliding down, bit by bit. I am super worried about this picnic at MIL and FIL's today. It is with MIL's family, and all 3 of her sisters and her watch what you put on your plate, and make it into a mini competition -"Did you try my.....?" "I made this because you liked it so much last year, and brought another bowl for you to take home with you." "Now you know you have to try some of my...." Ugh. The problem is, they are all really good cooks. FIL is barbecueing chicken, which is enough without the 3 tables of salads, casseroles, desserts. I am going to TRY to be as strong as possible without hurting feelings! Maybe if they are all standing guard over the table, they won't see what makes it to the trash can!

You are doing great getting back down to your pre-WDW weight! Your determination is such an inspiration.

I've been reading, but haven't had time to reply until now. You did great at the party!

No secret other than this is my first big loss since I started, and initially weight seems to come off easily for me (between water, and initial fat).

The next 60 lbs are going to be a bear.

My favorite thing to say: You CAN and WILL do this!

Hope that you have a great, OP day, too, CC! :)

Thanks! Hope you had a great day yesterday!

Favorite summer activity: a stay-cation in our backyard, hanging out in the pool with DH and kids. I really don't think there is anything better!!

:thumbsup2 I could spend hours in the pool just chilling.

Hi all. It has been a tough summer so far. I have been losing and gaining the same bit though I think I am down a hint overall. So far July has been ok. I am trying to think of it as a fresh start (again) but I know it will be hard with my birthday coming up next week. Hope you all have a safe and healthy 4th. I am thinking of stopping by subway on the way to the party to get me a healthy filling option.

SarahMay

I love Subway! You are doing great! Sorry to hear that you are struggling. Happy Birthday!

This has always been one of my favorite quotes from the time I was a child. I thought that it may help you.

"Marilla, isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?" From Anne of Green Gables

What a great quote! I definitely need to remember that one!

Here's the way I look at it. One meal/afternoon is not a failure. So last night when I went to the ballpark and had beer, french fries with ailoi mayo sauce for dipping and hummus, I did not fail. I chose it. Was it healthy--nope, ok the hummus was ok, but the rest--no nutritional value. Am I up a bit today. Yep. But I did not fail. I don't do this everyday anymore and that's what makes the difference. If I ate and drank like that everyday I would be back where I was in January. So you have to choose what it is you're going to do tonight. There is not a bad choice. You could get a pb and j or a salad at home before you go and say no to the theatre food or you can make reasonable choices there, enjoy them and get back with the healthy choices tomorrow. The lesson in all this is to not beat yourself up no matter what you choose.

WONDERFUL REPLY! THANK YOU!!!!

Oh my goodness. This is the first time I've had a chance to catch up around here since Friday. My mom and I got up about 5:30 Saturday morning and headed out to the race site at 6:30. The parking was about a half mile from the packet pick-up and starting line, so we were warmed up long before starting time. It was still sprinkling a bit when we arrived, and it was MUDDY! Sticky muddy. But, it stopped raining pretty quick and held off the rest of the morning. The cloud cover remained, so the temperature was nice although it was really very humid. Anyway... I finished my first ever 10K in 1:08:38. Other than walking long enough to drink a cup of water at each of the two aid stations, I ran the entire length of the race. I couldn't believe that i ran the whole time. I was kinda thinking that I'd have an even better time since I did run the whole way, but I still came in about where I thought I would. All in all, I thought it was a very successful event. Thank you so much for all the good wishes. You guys are great!

Great time! Congrats!

:goodvibesHi everyone!!!
I am back from my first summer vavation....i didn't weigh in until this morning....I'm up 2lbs. :scared1: I'm not too impressed, I have really need to get it together. I haven't got caught up on my thread yet, I'm still doing laundry :rolleyes1......I will maybe hop ontonight. I just needed to confess my weight gain, confession is good for the soul.
talk to everyone soon. Stay focused

Like Lisah said, you'll lose 2 lbs very quickly. I think lots of us would agree with the value of water.

We went to a big family gathering today. I did really well with eating, lots of fruit, no bun on the hamburger and only a small amount of homemade mac and cheese. I did try a few small desserts, but not nearly what I would have consumed. We also took the peddleboat out. That was a workout and I snorkeled several hundred yards so I feel like I got a workout in :thumbsup2

You did do REALLY well! I think there's a lot of benefit in realizing how far we've come. Yes, I may have went over my points for the day, but by 5, not 50. :goodvibes

I actually ate fairly well last night, but consumed a few pina coladas, so any calories saved on the food was counteracted with the drinks.:rotfl: We had a really fun night, and were exhausted today. We just relaxed at my brothers and swam in his pool this afternoon, and when we came home around 6, I took a 2 hour nap on the couch while michael watched a movie. That kid doesn't sleep. He was up til after midnight, and up at 6:30 this morning, and just went to bed at 9. I snacked today away, chicken wings, leftover shrimp dip, blueberry cake, congo bars, a little vegie dip for good measure, and a couple mikes hard lemonades. Not an on program day, that's for sure. We are going to start tomorrow off with a run/walk and then clean the house. We have a cookout in the afternoon, but I'm driving, so I won't be drinking, and I'm going to get back on track tomorrow. I have 7 weeks til my vacation, and I want to get to onederland, which is 11 pounds away. I know I can do it if I buckle down.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Have a nice night. :)

You'll reach your goal. I know it!

That is great advice. I was reading an article that talked about the "diet vs. lifestyle" mindset the other day, and how people with a "diet" mindset statistically almost always put it back on. If this is the way we are going to life for the rest of our lives, it is unrealistic to think we are not going to have meals/days/ that aren't the healthiest. Choose to do it then, then choose the lifestyle again the next meal.

Going to work on my TR and dining review until the family wakes up!

Would you be willing to post a link to the article or note where you read it? I'd love to read it. Also, I read your dining review. Thanks for sharing! I've been trying to keep up with your TR too. I have no idea where the time goes. Your TR is great too!

Sounds like a good plan!

I was up until 1:30 am babysitting the aquarium. Literally. I happened to get up for a few minutes around 11:30 and checked on our very pregnant fish who'd been freaking out before I went to bed.

She was in labor, and with babies already in the breeder box, it was nearly impossible to get her in.

Enter Tricia with her amazing rescue net.

Our OTHER pregnant fish ate a lot of the babies :rolleyes: :sad2: but I managed to save 11 of the new babies.

Anyone need some Tropical Fish? We have lots now! (I shouldn't have checked on the stupid tank and then most of the fish would be gone through natural selection. However I am a bleeding heart and as soon as I saw babies, I had to save them :laughing: )

Today, I am sure, it will be hard to keep motivated. When I am tired, I treat food like fuel and I like sugary fuel!!

Do most people have off today? My husband had to go into work (He manages a lube center in town), but will be coming home early if it's slow.

Sorry, my parents have a no fish rule. :rotfl: You had one busy, but rewarding night!

My kids are so bummed (me too!). Hubby had a 4-day weekend and worked at putting up the pool. Today was suppose to be the first day for the kids to use the pool. Only he phoned this morning (from work) and said NO! :scared1: Two of the supporting posts "sunk" into the dirt enough that the level went down further on one side. He and my dad will fix it this evening. Lovely... I had to break that news this morning. They're kids - they don't "really" understand why they can't use it.

How disappointing! I hope they are successful tonight!

Congrats to cclovesdis - this week's winner of the BLC!

Thanks!

OMG things have been crazy and I have been missing my Disboards fix. Some family stuff came up and I was out of town until just yesterday! I have missed the weigh in the past 2 weeks but will be participating again this week, though I am not looking forward to stepping on the scale.

I have been eating horribly, stress eating due to all of the family drama, which is NOT an excuse and I am NOT happy with myself right now. I feel bloated but I can't seem to stop eating junk!

I hope to get back on track soon, wish me luck and I will check in later today or tomorrow!

Hope everyone had a good 4th!

Glad to hear from you! I have a feeling you will get a few recommendations for water. You CAN and WILL do this!

Just had to fix a "bad" drink as I was getting aggravated at everything! Oven won't ignite so I couldn't make anything decent for lunch. Repair place is closed for the holiday so along with working I have to have them come and hopefully just replace the igniter on the oven! Ended up making some pasta, some sauce and some chicken teriyaki meatballs! Sweating like crazy as it's about 97 outside! I think I'll have water and ground turkey and pasta salad the rest of the day! After my next drink!

Stay cool! Hope all worked out with your oven!

Back from TS3. Yes, DH and I BOTH cried. We rarely go to the movies, in fact, this was DD2 - age 3.5 first trip to the theatres. Now I remember why. I know it was a 3-D movie, which is more expensive. But just to get the four of us in was $40. How does that compare to the rest of the country?

DH was disappointed in the movie, he didn't think it was as good as the first two. But he had laughed at me when I commented that from what I'd read from the losers, I'd better grab some tissues. Then, I could tell he was weapy eyed when we left! ;)

Oh well. Took a curvy backroad home so DD would fall asleep and nap, came home, and promptly got sick - curves, butter, and soda do NOT mix! Thinking about taking a nap while she does!

Have a great afternoon.
Taryn

Hope you are feeling better!

Thanks CC. Hope you continue to feel better!

Here is part of my playlist:
Bulletproof--LaRoux
I'll be you--the Replacements
Lose Yourself-eminem
escapade--janet jackson
into the groove--madonna
boom boom pow
heartbreak beat-pychidelic furs
save it for later--english beat
behind the wall of sleep-smithereens (LOVE this song!)
stronger--kanye west
under pressure--david bowie
imma be
1985--bowling for soup
cuts you up--peter murphy
so whatcha want--beastie boys
c'mon c'mon--von blondies
runaway--bon jovi
hey soul sister--train

I love my music!!!!

Thanks! And, thanks for sharing your music list! I got an MP3 player for Christmas and the only things I've downloaded are the C25K podcasts. Inspiration is greatly appreciated.

QOTD Saturday: What place do you dream of visiting someday. This can be anywhere in the World.
I Love :love: to travel – there are so many places we want to go, we are planning Italy and Greece for 2012, and maybe Hawaii in 2013. I would also love to go to France, Germany, Egypt, and Australia. I’d like to see the Grand Canyon, but since I’m afraid of heights, I’ve always been too chicken to plan a trip there – it’s super cool to fly over though :rolleyes:! Of course, I’d love to go to Disneyland and Disneyland Paris. I’m going to try to plan a side trip to Disneyland on our way to Hawaii when we go. I’m definitely going to be a traveling retiree – I may just sell the house and travel non-stop for a few years when I’m older! I’ll be the oldest backpacker in Europe :rotfl2: !

The Grand Canyon is so beautiful. I am afraid of heights. As in, I don't like stepstools. I did fine there as long as I stayed about five feet from the canyon wall. I think you can do it!

Zumba is such a good workout! There is a place near my house that offers 10 classes for $50. I think that's a good deal considering the cost of a gym membership around here that offers classes. Of course, youtube sounds like a great idea, especially to help me learn the moves. It's a nice challenge for me as far as workout difficulties go, but very rewarding.

Boy, it has been a busy weekend! After spending Friday and Saturday in Dallas for my race, my nieces spent Saturday night and all day Sunday with us. DH, DD, my sister, nieces and I all went out to dinner and to the park for the fireworks. We got home about 11:00 last night. And, since DD fell asleep in the car, she wound up going straight to bed still in her clothes. We all slept late this morning and then decided at the last minute to join my sister, her girls and my other sister's two kids at the zoo this morning followed by a late lunch. Once again, DD went straight from the car to her bed to finish her nap.

I wish we had a zoo nearby. I was just reading that some zoos let people walk around in the morning, like a mall does.

I like to think about how I used to eat until I was stuffed, without out any thought of how many calories I was consuming, and know how much better I am doing, even on those challenging days when I do indulge a bit much.

Awesome job on getting up and exercising rather than tossing and turning for an hour.

Thanks! I am planning a morning workout for tomorrow too!

I was just replying to Deb about how important it is for us to know how we have changed on this journey. :goodvibes

It was very hot here today, it is supposed to stay that way all week :eek: We ended up putting air conditioners in the bedroom windows. We hadn't needed them thus far. I did a bit of carpentry today too, that added to the heat. We ended up bringing dinner to my parents house and cooking there. It was a nice evening around the pool. My brother's family was there too. I have a feeling it won't be our only trip to grandma's this week.

QOTD Tuesday: Since there has been much discussion about Toy Story 3 (which we have yet to see :sad2:)...What is your favorite Disney Movie of all time? Part 2: What is your favorite Disney television program?

Favorite Movie: Pirate's of the Caribbean
Favorite TV program: The Wonderful World of Disney (yep, from my childhood)

CC - I think it was this month's issue of Allure! :laughing: I looked online, and the articles aren't available yet. There was an article about how long you have to lose weight, and how much you can realistically lose in that time frame. I am pretty sure the statement was in there.

QOTD Tuesday: Since there has been much discussion about Toy Story 3 (which we have yet to see :sad2:)...What is your favorite Disney Movie of all time? Part 2: What is your favorite Disney television program?

I CAN'T DO THIS!!
Cinderella, for the obvious.
I've always loved Snow White, love the Dwarfs!
Mary Poppins holds lots of fond memories of watching it one day at school, cutting up with my friends, singing the songs, and my girls love it!
Little Mermaid - LOVE IT, and so does DD2,
Lady and the Tramp, because of the friendship, and DH gave me the VHS one night on a date when we first starting dating and he found out my love for disney, and we ate spaghetti and meatballs that night. :lovestruc
UP because it reminds me of my parents and their love for each other,
the Toy Stories, because my girls love it, and it gives warm fuzzies.
Lilo and Stitch, first movie we took DD1 to see.
Nemo because Dory is so funny, and a dear friend of ours had an issue with memory loss after a serious horse riding accident, and sounded just like her!
Beauty and the Beast - I love the food scenes!
Lion King because it reminds me of FOTLK.
And finally, the Hannah Montana movie, because DD1 and I went to see it, and we really needed some non-little sister bonding time, it was a day I'll cherish forever.

See, that's why I am a Disney freak. I could go on, but I'll stop for now. :laughing:

Disney television show? I loved Wonderful World of Disney as a child. But I tend to think of Disney channel, which is always on at my house. In fact, Phineas and Ferb are on now! I like them, and pretty much all the Disney channel lineup!

Just finished my ZUMBA for the night. My abs will be feeling it in the morning, those girls believe in body rolls! :laughing:

Night everyone!

Favorite Disney movie??? Yeah, that's just unanswerable. POTC is fantastic. I love Meet the Robinsons. There are so many "favorites" in my head right now, I can't possibly pick.
I'm not sure what MY favorite Disney TV show is, but the fave in our house right now is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. DD watches it every morning.

(Was there a QOTD for Monday? Maybe I skimmed too fast, but I just didn't see one.)

Good Morning Everyone!

I have a few minutes so I thought I'd pop in this morning. I am happy to report that I am down a bit more. Drinking water is definitely helping. I've already had 5.5 8 oz. glasses this morning. I needed 3 just during my workout. I am so proud of myself. I did 2 10 min. "Free Runs" on the Wii Fit+ this morning, plus other exercises so in 45 minutes I burned 200+ calories. It was a great morning!

Have a wonderful day!

:goodvibes for your appointment today! DD6 sounds like such a sweetie. I've donated my hair too, but I think it's so much more special when a little one does. There's just something about a 3 year old helping someone like that.

It was very hot here today, it is supposed to stay that way all week :eek: We ended up putting air conditioners in the bedroom windows. We hadn't needed them thus far. I did a bit of carpentry today too, that added to the heat. We ended up bringing dinner to my parents house and cooking there. It was a nice evening around the pool. My brother's family was there too. I have a feeling it won't be our only trip to grandma's this week.

Stay cool!

I don't think I've watched a Disney movie I didn't love! TV show: I loved watching the Mickey Mouse Club when I was younger. My dad would have me watch it when I woke up way before I was supposed to and he was trying to get ready for work.

CC - I think it was this month's issue of Allure! :laughing: I looked online, and the articles aren't available yet. There was an article about how long you have to lose weight, and how much you can realistically lose in that time frame. I am pretty sure the statement was in there.

Thanks! Your story about Lady and the Tramp, how sweet!

Off to get ready for work!

QOTD- I like many Disney movies for many different reasons, love little references in the animated movies, I love hearing them and thinking "I don't remember that line". Of course it isn't because I haven't heard it before, it's just that I forgot it! Have a good day everyone.

I have the 30 day shred, and haven't done it in a while, but it's a fabulous workout. I couldn't do all the exercises completely, like pushups, but I did the best I could, and I was covered in sweat after. Good luck today at the Oncologists. :hug:

Isn't it nice to have family with a pool. :rotfl: We stop by my brothers a lot during these hot days. Michael's going there all week instead of camp, so it's a perfect week for that.

Favorite Movie: Pirate's of the Caribbean
Favorite TV program: The Wonderful World of Disney (yep, from my childhood)
Great question. I used to love the wonderful world of disney.
For movies, It's hard to pick one- Finding Nemo, Toy Story movies, and Up.
Shows- Love the suite life of zack and cody.

I CAN'T DO THIS!!
Cinderella, for the obvious.
I've always loved Snow White, love the Dwarfs!
Mary Poppins holds lots of fond memories of watching it one day at school, cutting up with my friends, singing the songs, and my girls love it!
Little Mermaid - LOVE IT, and so does DD2,
Lady and the Tramp, because of the friendship, and DH gave me the VHS one night on a date when we first starting dating and he found out my love for disney, and we ate spaghetti and meatballs that night. :lovestruc
UP because it reminds me of my parents and their love for each other,
the Toy Stories, because my girls love it, and it gives warm fuzzies.
Lilo and Stitch, first movie we took DD1 to see.
Nemo because Dory is so funny, and a dear friend of ours had an issue with memory loss after a serious horse riding accident, and sounded just like her!
Beauty and the Beast - I love the food scenes!
Lion King because it reminds me of FOTLK.
And finally, the Hannah Montana movie, because DD1 and I went to see it, and we really needed some non-little sister bonding time, it was a day I'll cherish forever.

See, that's why I am a Disney freak. I could go on, but I'll stop for now. :laughing:

Disney television show? I loved Wonderful World of Disney as a child. But I tend to think of Disney channel, which is always on at my house. In fact, Phineas and Ferb are on now! I like them, and pretty much all the Disney channel lineup!
Love your list!! So sweet, the Hannah Montana movie and special time with your oldest.

I have a few minutes so I thought I'd pop in this morning. I am happy to report that I am down a bit more. Drinking water is definitely helping. I've already had 5.5 8 oz. glasses this morning. I needed 3 just during my workout. I am so proud of myself. I did 2 10 min. "Free Runs" on the Wii Fit+ this morning, plus other exercises so in 45 minutes I burned 200+ calories. It was a great morning!
Nice work. I thought of you this morning as i hit the snooze alarm for the 3rd time, and got out of bed and did 30 min free step while i watched the news. But I just wanted to lay in bed.:rotfl:

I stepped on the scale last night, and was up 7 pounds from friday, but this morning I'm only up 3 pounds. Just to show what fluid and salt can do to ya. 3 days on plan could see those 3 pounds gone. Gotta drink plenty of water. My feet and ankles felt so tight last night too. I'm off to work now. Have a great day. Try to stay cool if it's a hot one where you are too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter