Beware of National's Refueling Charge

3D Disney

Earning My Ears
We rented from National from March 5-15, using Emerald Club. Over the past few months I had read on the National website that they would refuel the vehicle for Emerald Club menmbers at a comparable cost to nearby stations. When we returned the vehicle (a Mitsubishi Gallant with 950miles on the odometer), we were charged $3.99 US per gallon (about $32. for 8 gals).

When I mentioned the rate, and the offer of a comparable rate to local stations, the attendant said the policy was changed March 1. The local rate in Lake Buena Vista was approx $1.22 per gal.

Although the $3.99/ gal was printed on the rental agreement, I hadn't looked at it. When I picked up the car I asked if the rate was the same as quoted,and the attendant said it was. I had just taken a quick look at the figures, but not in detail. The attendant made no comment on refuelling.

Just a heads up, read the rental agreement and refuel before returning the rental vehicle.

Other than that, the car and service was great.

3D Disney

When I mentioned the rate, and the offer of a comparable rate to local stations, the attendant said the policy was changed March 1. The local rate in Lake Buena Vista was approx $1.22 per gal.

wow..thanks for the heads up..it was only $1.22 for refueling when we went end of Jan, so that would have been a shock!

We were charged $2.49/gallon from Budget back in 2000, they said that they'd refuel at the average Orlando price. That Yukon XL sure could hold a lot of gas!

We just returned this weekend and used L&M at Orlando airport. When I signed out the car, they had me initial the box that showed a refueling charge of $4.99 a gallon!

We rented from Budget and the price was also $3.99 if you had them fill it up.

I just checked National's site. No mention of the special refill rates for EC members anymore. I always refilled it myself anyway, I didn't want them to "guestimate" how much was left. I refill at the Boardwalk or MK Exxon, it's still on full when we get to the airport.

I rented from National last week & they told me when I took the car that refueling would be 3.99/gallon. They offer the option to prepay for a full tank at $0.99/gallon, but then you have to try to return it empty :D

I would agree with debbieb that you can refuel at WDW and it will still show full at the airport. If you take the expressway (with the tolls) there is no place to get gas between the world & the National drop off area.

You might want to talk to National's customer service about this. I have found them to be very helpful in the past.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter