• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beware of Poachers and Look at the Little Gorillas! 3 trips in 1. NEW TR started 8/31/19**

I was quite annoyed by this as well. They mange to get other limited offerings in mobile order, like the specialty for at Casey's. Not sure why this item wasn't in there.
I read on here the Hei Hei was falling apart/melting when mobile ordering was used so they took it off, lame excuse!

Ok, that's ridiculous. How can you be so oblivious to your kid that he's spitting on people?

Stinks that your MK evening was so busy, but at least you had good FPs to use and yummy nachos (once you finally got them).
I’ve been reading your report and your little girls look and act so sweet, this boy was a real brat and he was wanting any type of attention, yuck!
MK was really packed, worse than I have seen in awhile
The Nachos were worth that awful monorail ride, at least for me!

Wow the crowds sound terrible! I would have done the same and escaped after fp. I have a shirt that says “I can’t people today” and I always think it’s the most appropriate Disney attire. Between totally oblivious people (thought I suspect a lot of them play dumb in hopes of gaming the system) and then totally rude people I can’t take it.
I would love to have your shirt, haha! People do try to manipulate the system and the CM’s for sure. There was at least 5 different families trying to sneak in 7DMT while we were waiting in the long FP line!

CSR looks lovely! I would like to stay there on day.
I was surprised how much I enjoyed this resort, I thought with it being so big and a convention resort I wouldn’t care for it. It was very nice, I loved the rooms and the AP rate I got was awesome! I’m sure the prices will be rising with the new resort.

OH, that looks so familiar! Just like the crowds I had on my first MK day!
The crowds were crazy especially at MK, the other parks weren’t to bad!

Love your shirts! Did Andi have her's made?
Thank you! Andi bought hers from an Etsy shop, I of course have forgot the name!

That is absolutely awful!!!!! What is wrong with some people?? Poor Andi!! I am glad she was able to move past the incident and still enjoy her dinner.
It was so bad!! Let’s hope this never happens again, yuck!!

First off, I am traumatized just reading about poor Andi getting spit on! :faint: I just cannot believe people! What was wrong with the parents that they allowed this, or were so negligent that it happened on their watch?! Poor Andi! Aside from the monorail fail, and the crowds, sounds like you had a great first day. Your food booth selections at Epcot looked amazing! I love the frushi, too :goodvibes
Tracy, it was so disgusting! Andi is pretty laid back for the most part, except this really threw her into a panic. I really felt bad and wished I could have stopped it! The parents were actually laughing at first until they heard me tell him to stop that!
Epcot was a fun first park and thank goodness we had our FP for MK, it was a good day! The food was good that day!

Your F&G choices all look delish! I'm sure its nice for Andi to have all of the vegetarian options at the festival to try.

I'm glad your room was better than you expected! So frustrating though when you don't get a request!

OMG MK looks insane! We got out before the big Spring Break crowds rolled in but that is just bananas. Disney truly needs to do something about the crowds if they want people to have a good time! Good high crowd ride choices though!

That monorail ride DOES sound like a nightmare. I cant believe that kid was spitting on Andi! I don't think me or my sister would have kept our calm in a situation like that so kudos to her! We had a bad monorail experience ourselves on our last trip and its honestly made me never want to take them again!! At least not when its busy
Thanks Cloe! We really enjoyed our first few food choices!
I really liked CSR, our room was actually quite quiet and I liked the location after all
MK was crazy crowded, so happy to have had our FP, Disney does need to do something and know I heard they are taking away EMH at MK at night, that stinks!
The monorail was a one and done this trip, so different from our August trips!

Loving your report as usual! I have to tell you a funny story. My daughter and I (she's 22) have been wanting to take a mom daughter trip for years, but my husband loves it as much as we do so it's never happened. Last week after catching up on your AKL report, I decided that instead of our daughter coming with my husband and I in May, I would book a separate trip in June for her and I. My husband likes the idea, my daughter was thrilled and I get two trips!

As for the spitting kid, how truly awful. Just beyond words on that one...‍
Thank you and I’m so happy to have you following along and commenting! How nice for you to have 2 trips and a mom/daughter one! Andi and I love our trips together, we have so many great Disney memories and I have truly loved all of them! I would love it if my husband and son would come with a little more but I am so happy to have a Disney loving daughter!!
The spitting kid was truly a brat!! He wasn’t being Disney like at all! Haha!

Hi Everyone!

In exactly 3 weeks from today, I will be at WDW for the Epic Dis girls trip! This is so exciting! It will be a first for me in many ways. I will be traveling solo, lodging with 2 ladies I have never met in person, doing two dessert parties and eating at several new places!

I wanted to give you all a look at my plans.

5/1/2019. Arrival Day. I arrive at 1:30pm, I will take the ME to The YC, this resort is another first for me!
I will meet my two roommates in person (I say this because I feel like I know them very well from their texts and TR’s.) My roommates are Molly and Lesley. Both are quite a bit younger than me, Molly is the same age as my son Jack! I will be the mom of the group so it will be similar to having Andi with me, haha!

I have FP in MK with the girls. The FP+ are for Splash, Peter Pan, and 7DMT.
We are doing the Dessert party
for HEA after the fireworks. I’m really excited about this because Andi never wants to do Dessert parties because of her peanut/nut allergy. I will also get to meet some more wonderful ladies at this event. We will stay for some of EMH (since it is ending in MK at night), not happy with this announcement!

5/2/19. AK in the morning. FP for FoP, Safari, and Lion King. I will be joining some of the ladies for lunch at Tiffins. The evening will be in DHS for me with some of the group to do another Dessert party. It will be another first for the Star Wars Dessert Party. I love Star Wars, Andi not so much so again I am happy to do this!

5/3/19 Epcot for me in the morning. I have FP for Soarin, Lwtl, and SE. Dinner will be at Ohana with a big group of Dis friends! I may watch HEA on the Poly Beach with a drink or see what everyone else is doing.

5/4/19. May the 4th be with you! Star Wars day at HS, check out the merchandise and possibly meet Darth Vader, this would be awesome!! I have FP for SDD, ToT and lunch at Sci-Fi with some of the ladies. We will be heading to Epcot in the afternoon for a F&G, WS extravaganza! The Illuminations Cruise will be our event in the evening!

5/5/19 California Grill Brunch with my new friends! I am so excited for this. I have loved reading all the reviews and think this will be awesome! I will go and rest after this and spend the evening in MK on my own doing some FP. I have HM, PPF, Buzz.

5/6/19 AK in the am for FoP and Safari. I will then meet some of the ladies at the GF for Afternoon Tea! I am very excited to try this. I am hoping to get an additional FP for MK in the evening. I will try LTT for dinner with my roommates!

5/7/19 Last Day, I leave at 4:20pm, my ME time will be around 1:15pm. I am going to walk over to Epcot in the morning for a few FP and F&G treats. I have SE, The Sea, TT.

My trip of firsts includes staying at YC and BC, HEA dessert party, SW dessert party, Illuminations Cruise, California Grill Brunch, Afternoon Tea at GF, LTT dinner, and meeting so many wonderful women!

I am very excited and grateful to be included in this trip. Some of the ladies went above and beyond to plan our itineraries and I want to say Thank you!

We took our time and savored the food and atmosphere. Our waiter asked how we like everything and my sister told him everything was great. She asked him how he liked it and he said he has never tried it. I felt bad! My sister asked if they ever get to sample anything left over and he said no, he could get fired for that!:sad: He did actually seem a little bitter towards the mouse, oh my!

Aw, poor guy. This seems so odd to me, as the majority of restaurants out in the "real world" require servers and staff to try all of the dishes so they can recommend things appropriately.

img_mar222019at92052pm-jpg.390028

I love this shirt!

We arrived at Epcot and decided to have some soda samples at Club Cool. Sticky floors and all, I do really like checking this place out at least once a trip. I couldn’t get D to try the Beverley, she knew something was off the way I was trying to sell it :crazy2: My favorite here is the Inca Cola.

I'm going to miss Club Cool when they take it away for the new construction !!

We saw some new light designs on the ground as we were walking, I don’t think I remember these? How about you all have you seen these?
img_mar232019at72237am-jpg.390059

img_mar232019at72214am-jpg.390060

Ooh, I don't think I've ever seen these. I like them!

spent about 90 minutes in Kansas City, Missouri

You were about 3.5 hours north of me!!

The crab wontons were very good, I ate all 3 since Andi wouldn’t try them. The spring rolls were also delicious. I had a bite of these. Everything was just made and very fresh!
img_apr62019at80019am-jpg.392996

This sounds oddly good to me at 9:38am :rotfl:

We wanted to try the watermelon and cucumber slushy, minus the gin :sad1: We loved this, it was so cool and refreshing with a note of cucumber.
img_apr62019at80159am-jpg.392999

This was one of my FAVORITE things from my last F&G trip!!

The massive Grand Destino Resort construction was our view to and from our room. That place is massive. I will post some pictures of the construction soon.

Raeven and I are staying here in Sept, in the new tower. I'm glad to see your pictures!

I really liked how centrally located this resort was to all the parks. This was a big plus!

This is good to hear. I've never stayed at a mod, so I have no reference of distance/travel time.

The kid was around 4 and the parents totally ignored him, he comes up to Andi and starts spitting on her, yes actual gobs of spit. She started to freak out a little (all inside). It was so crowded we couldn’t really move, I told him not to do that and finally the dad said something, it was a little late. We got off and Andi said she was having a panic attack from this, yikes. I calmed her down and she went in the bathroom to get cleaned up. All I can say is how rude and what is wrong with people!!

I would have unleashed the fury on those parents

I will take the ME to The YC, this resort is another first for me!

We'll be staying at YC in June, so I'm anxious to see how you like it. We've stayed at the Boardwalk in 2016, but never YC/BC

Looking forward to hearing how the girl's trip goes! I'm sorry to miss out on meeting so many of you, but couldn't make the timing work this year. Maybe next time!!

Your solo trip sounds amazing! One of my very best friends is a friend I met on the dis. She and I talked online for years, then began talking on the phone. I met her face to face at Epcot over ten years after we began our friendship here on the boards. I'm super excited for you!

As for spitting kid, I teach pre school. I could tell you some not so nice things I deal with!

I rarely ever post, but have decided I need to stop lurking so much and actually post (and maybe try my hand at writing a trip report sometime). I just wanted to tell you that I have read all of your reports and have really enjoyed them. I need to know your secret to making Andi love Disney so much, LOL. My oldest daughter is almost 12 and she loved Disney when she was younger, but doesn't seem very excited for our trip in June. She says she wants to go other places (we do take trips to other places as well though). I love that you and Andi still enjoy Disney together so much.

I'm going to miss Club Cool when they take it away for the new construction !!
I will miss it, even the sticky floors!

Raeven and I are staying here in Sept, in the new tower. I'm glad to see your pictures!
I think you will really like it, it is only about 10 minutes from all the parks, maybe a little more to MK. It is huge but I didn’t feel like it was, it actually seemed quiet and calm the whole time!

Looking forward to hearing how the girl's trip goes! I'm sorry to miss out on meeting so many of you, but couldn't make the timing work this year. Maybe next time!!
I wish you were coming, hopefully our trip paths will cross one day!

So soon! I can't wait to hear how this epic trip plays out for everyone. You have a lot of new things on the agenda which is exciting!
I can’t believe it is only 3 weeks away, I hope it is really hot, I love the heat and it is still like winter here this week!
I am so excited for all my firsts and a solo adventure at my happy place!

Your solo trip sounds amazing! One of my very best friends is a friend I met on the dis. She and I talked online for years, then began talking on the phone. I met her face to face at Epcot over ten years after we began our friendship here on the boards. I'm super excited for you!

As for spitting kid, I teach pre school. I could tell you some not so nice things I deal with!
It’s amazing how you can meet such awesome people on these boards. How wonderful for you to meet one of your best friends! We all have Disney in common and it brings us together! I am so excited to do some new things and meet new people!

I rarely ever post, but have decided I need to stop lurking so much and actually post (and maybe try my hand at writing a trip report sometime). I just wanted to tell you that I have read all of your reports and have really enjoyed them. I need to know your secret to making Andi love Disney so much, LOL. My oldest daughter is almost 12 and she loved Disney when she was younger, but doesn't seem very excited for our trip in June. She says she wants to go other places (we do take trips to other places as well though). I love that you and Andi still enjoy Disney together so much.
Thanks for joining in and commenting. I lurked for a long time and I have to say joining in is fun! Writing a TR is really a nice way to preserve your trip memories and meet new people along the way!
Andi is a shy girl and I think Disney really has brought out her adventurous side and at the same time she can be herself! She fell in love with all the Disney characters, trivia, musicals, and of course Walt. Andi still to this day only wants to go to Disney! I always ask if we should do something else and she says Disney! It will be very odd to be there in May without her, she was a little perturbed I was doing this trip without her, haha! I think the age makes a difference sometimes, I hope your daughter has such an awesome trip in June she will want to go again and again!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter