Bewitch324 and FR's November 2014 Wishes Wedding

Congrats on everything so far! I'm just catching up now! Do you think you'll get to WDW early enough to do the Wine & Dine Half Marathon weekend?! My fiancee and I are getting married a few days after you and we're spreading out our visit with that in mind!

Oh & transport is so tricky. WDW is so massively huge that if you have people in several resorts it's really hard to come up with something that isn't gonna be an inconvenience or be really, excessively expensive! There just doesn't seem to be a good option unless you can rent a few vans cheaper than Disney will charter them for you and charge a handful of your guests with being mini-tour-directors, wrangling and transporting groups! I've actually considered that but will probably end up doing a hybrid, we'll have people who are coordinating the group but we'll use a Disney (Mears) minibus. It's times like this I'm glad my guests are all staying in one resort but I definitely wish the locations were near each other! It all seems like such a good idea at the time but later on you have to deal with all this practicality! Best of luck with that, I'm sure your guests will understand the predicament and no matter what you decide, it won't detract from the magic.

I really wish we could come in early and do the Wine and Dine but with our work schedules, I just don't think it's going to be possible. Just getting away for the wedding weekend is going to be really tough for us, unfortunately! I haven't tried one of the night races yet, and I really want to! I think you will have so much fun kicking off your wedding trip with that event!!!

I've scheduled a conference call in a couple weeks to talk through several issues with my planner...transportation will definitely be a hot topic!

Brooke

Updates, lots of updates!!

My goodness, work has been so insane, I can't believe I haven't been online to update my planning journal or to keep up with everyone else's. I'm so out of the loop!!! Ok, I've got a little bit of time right now, so I'm going to try and make some progress and update y'all on what's been going on. A little teaser...I FOUND MY DRESS!!! more on that later :woohoo

First: I decided to go ahead and order these for our welcome bags.

They were on sale, and then I got an additional 25% off with the Disney Rewards Visa, so I decided to pull the trigger. They ended up being $2.36 each, which I thought was pretty good. I've seen people do similar bags for cheaper, but I just wanted to get it done and was worried if I kept waiting for one I liked to go on sale that much, there wouldn't be enough of them and then I'd end up with several different versions. Do you guys like them? They're not exactly in my color scheme but they're cute and I'll put tags on them that match my save the dates/invites/door hangers etc. so they'll tie in that way. I got 25, that should be plenty with a few left over...unless EVERYONE ends up coming, then I'll probably need to get a few more, but those will be kids bags so I'm fine with those being different... What do you guys think?

So at this point, we've gotten cute little kids sunglasses and sandals for each of the kids, and lots of "bare necessity" type items. We're also going to order these cute little travel candles and stick stickers on them with our logo.

I also bought a bunch of those little Disney beanie baby type stuffed dolls right after Thanksgiving for $5 each. I figure we'll give one to each of the kids and give the rest to Toys for Tots next Christmas. (I wasn't sure how many kids we would end up with--still not sure!)

I'm also planning to include the door hangers and some printed stuff...itineraries, Disney MUST DO's, Hidden Mickeys that kind of thing...Not sure what else...

Ok, that's the update on the welcome bags....more to come...

Brooke

I just popped in to say hello! Read through to now on your planning journal. I've been so far behind on mine, I haven't been able to keep up with anyone else's. I just posted my most recent update--so I thought I'd try to catch up on everyone else's.

Gotta say, I LOVE your STD's. I said that before--but I have to say it again. So sparkly and magical. :)

How do you get a picture into the post without posting a link to it? I keep trying in mine, but it wants a link. :(

Keep up the good planning! I think it'll all be beautiful!

Tiffiny

Hello everyone! Sorry it's been awhile since I've updated. I have lots to update, just need time to upload some pictures to photobucket...I will try to do that for the weekend.

Quickly: Our invitations have been designed and approved; I should get them in the next couple of weeks, I think. I'm super happy with them, I think they're beautiful. I plan to add a couple of Swarovski crystals to each one, we're only sending out about 22, so that shouldn't take too long. I can't wait for everyone to see them!

We have officially asked our wedding party members to be wedding party members, I got little Pokitpal boxes for each person and put a note inside, I'll post pictures soon of all the little boxes we did. Everyone seemed to really like them.

I think I found my veil...thinking about it for a few weeks, but if I still like it mid-May, I'm going to buy it. I'll post pics once I make that final decision...

Our planning session is coming up: May 23...less than a month away! I have to turn in our tasting menu choices this week and I haven't even started on my list...oops. Anyone have any great suggestions? We're doing a brunch, but I'm not too worried about breakfast items...

Have pretty much narrowed down the bridesmaid dress choices/colors, just waiting for my girls to have time to actually go shopping and finalize. The plan is to choose 3 different (slightly different) dresses, all in the same fabric (crinkle chiffon) in three different shades, I think it will be really pretty. I'll post pictures of those too, as soon as I can.

Working on the first newsletter...I had planned to get it done and sent by late March, but that didn't happen...I'm HOPING to maybe finish it this week...We'll see how that plan goes...

Well, that's all for now...hope everyone is having lots of fun planning and dreaming...

Brooke

I love the totes! I saw them on Disneystore.com and almost bought them for my welcome bags. I can't wait to see picture of your invitations, your save the dates are so pretty I bet your invitations are just as amazing. My planning session is a couple weeks after yours, can't wait to hear all about you session. you can let me know what to expect! :)

So I thought I had posted on your PJ but i haven't I just love your wedding favor ideas and your save the dates, espically your travel candles I might have to borrow that idea ;) its to cute and perfect :cool1:

Hello everyone how are you doing? Thank you for reading along...it's so fun to know that other brides (present, former or future) are all helping each other and acting as sounding boards...I have read so many planning journals over the years...it's so cool to be doing my own now.

Anyways, I think I'd mentioned that I asked our wedding party by using little pokitpal boxes. Here's how that project turned out:

This first one is for Tracy, my maid of honor:

Then Cindy, my bridesmaid:

Then my niece Jada, my junior bridesmaid:

Next up is my nephew Vinnie, he's a junior groomsman:

Next was my stepbrother Jason. He's going to be a groomsman. He works for homeland security so I decided this was the best box for him:

And finally, my brother, Chris. I asked him to walk me down the aisle. He loved trains as a kid, so I chose this box for him:

DF still hasn't decided who he wants as his best man, so we haven't done anything there yet.

Overall, I think everyone liked their little boxes and everyone said yes, so that was really awesome. My brother couldn't have been any sweeter when I asked him to walk me down the aisle, we had a really special moment.

Oh, the little "rocks" are beach glass...we all spend time in the summer walking along the beach, collecting beach glass. It's kind of an obsession in our family. So I'd decided relatively early in the planning process that I wanted to put some beach glass on our tables around our centerpieces. So I decided to stick a couple pieces of beach glass into each little box as a little wink at that idea.

More to come....

Brooke

Bridesmaid dresses:

Last summer I was in a friend's wedding (Cindy, she's one of my bridesmaids) and we did dresses from David's Bridal. I liked that they were economical, and that there were a lot of dresses available in each style, fabric and color choice.

So I pretty much knew early on that I wanted to do different dresses in different shades of teals and blues...but all in the same basic fabric and design. I love the look of chiffon, so floating and pretty, and I thought David's line of chiffon short dresses offered quite a few options...So I'm hoping my girls will choose from those options. I'm going to let Tracy choose her dress and color first, then I'll go shopping with Cindy and Jada to pick theirs.

But here's kinda what I was thinking...

So basically...chiffon or crinkle chiffon, short (or maybe tea length) and either oasis, pool or spa (David's colors). I also like Peacock, so that's an option too, but I think it might be a little dark.

My goal was to keep the dresses around $100 or less...most of these are around $120 but David's has a lot of sales, so hopefully....

What do you think? I'm hoping my girls will go for the idea. I'm going to my planning session in a couple of weeks, and I'm basically going to be assuming this is the direction we are going...

Brooke

I really like your first bridesmaid dress! The one shoulder dress in Oasis. :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

That one is my favorite too. I really hope one of the girls chooses it! Brooke

Girl, it's your wedding!!! Your bridesmaids are the frame around YOU!!! If you want them in the dress, tell them that's the dress!!!!! Lol. Sometimes I think brides are too nice!! I've been in so many weddings-- sometimes I like the dress, sometimes I don't. But my job is to smile and tell the bride whatever she wants to hear. It's your wedding, Brooke! Don't be a bridezilla but choosing what you want definitely isn't bridezilla like it's just normal. ;-)

Girl, it's your wedding!!! Your bridesmaids are the frame around YOU!!! If you want them in the dress, tell them that's the dress!!!!! Lol. Sometimes I think brides are too nice!! I've been in so many weddings-- sometimes I like the dress, sometimes I don't. But my job is to smile and tell the bride whatever she wants to hear. It's your wedding, Brooke! Don't be a bridezilla but choosing what you want definitely isn't bridezilla like it's just normal. ;-)

Thank you I appreciate it!!! I just want everyone to be happy and comfortable...

Brooke

Hello!! Less than a week until our planning session!!! Oh my goodness, I am so excited!! We're flying in pretty late Thursday night, and staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village. We've never stayed there before, so we're excited about that too. Our planning session is at 9 am Friday morning, followed by a food tasting over at the Beach Club at 2. Planning to look at Ariel's and Martha's Vineyard while we are over there, since we have never actually seen them in person.

Friday is the 24 hour day at Disney...so I'm hoping we can go into the MK late Friday night and stay until the early hours...not sure if that will work. We're both old and tired, haha.

Saturday I'm planning on us sleeping in (on the assumption that we'll have been up very late the night before) and then maybe heading to Typhoon Lagoon for a few hours (or just the pool...depends on our mood and level of fatigue). Dinner at Jiko and then the evening in MK.

Sunday is Star Wars day at Hollywood Studios. We have tickets for the "special event" which I think is just a viewing location for the motorcade thing and then the fireworks that night, but it will hopefully be fun. Lunch at Mama Melrose, we've never eaten there before (I was trying to mix in some different experiences this trip) and dinner at Hollywood Brown Derby. Hoping to fit in Fantasmic before the fireworks.

Monday the plan is Epcot. Planned lunch at Coral Reef and dinner at La Hacienda.

Tuesday morning at the crack of "oh my goodness it's early" we're on a plane back home. Sigh. Hopefully we'll have good weather...although it SNOWED here yesterday so really...anything will be good weather that doesn't include SNOW. I think it will be a good getaway fun weekend for us. We've both been so stressed and crabby between work stress and sick cat stress and money stress...Of course going to Florida for the weekend is maybe not the WISEST use of our money, so that stress might not ease...but I think it will be good for the two of us to have some US time...at our favorite place, of course.

Looking forward to meeting our planner, Vita and hopefully Lacee, our assistant planner. So far, I've mainly talked to Lacee, and she's been just terrific.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Brooke

Hello!! Less than a week until our planning session!!! Oh my goodness, I am so excited!! We're flying in pretty late Thursday night, and staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village. We've never stayed there before, so we're excited about that too. Our planning session is at 9 am Friday morning, followed by a food tasting over at the Beach Club at 2. Planning to look at Ariel's and Martha's Vineyard while we are over there, since we have never actually seen them in person.

Friday is the 24 hour day at Disney...so I'm hoping we can go into the MK late Friday night and stay until the early hours...not sure if that will work. We're both old and tired, haha.

Saturday I'm planning on us sleeping in (on the assumption that we'll have been up very late the night before) and then maybe heading to Typhoon Lagoon for a few hours (or just the pool...depends on our mood and level of fatigue). Dinner at Jiko and then the evening in MK.

Sunday is Star Wars day at Hollywood Studios. We have tickets for the "special event" which I think is just a viewing location for the motorcade thing and then the fireworks that night, but it will hopefully be fun. Lunch at Mama Melrose, we've never eaten there before (I was trying to mix in some different experiences this trip) and dinner at Hollywood Brown Derby. Hoping to fit in Fantasmic before the fireworks.

Monday the plan is Epcot. Planned lunch at Coral Reef and dinner at La Hacienda.

Tuesday morning at the crack of "oh my goodness it's early" we're on a plane back home. Sigh. Hopefully we'll have good weather...although it SNOWED here yesterday so really...anything will be good weather that doesn't include SNOW. I think it will be a good getaway fun weekend for us. We've both been so stressed and crabby between work stress and sick cat stress and money stress...Of course going to Florida for the weekend is maybe not the WISEST use of our money, so that stress might not ease...but I think it will be good for the two of us to have some US time...at our favorite place, of course.

Looking forward to meeting our planner, Vita and hopefully Lacee, our assistant planner. So far, I've mainly talked to Lacee, and she's been just terrific.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Brooke

How exciting that in less than a week you will be doing your planning session have lots of fun and hope you get everything you want! pixiedust:Oh and I love bridesmaid dress number one its a good length nice and flowy and overall super cute!

Happy Planning
Melissa

Thank you I am so excited I can hardly stand it...Of course now I'm in "what do I need to get done before we leave" panic mode...

Brooke

Your save the dates are so gorgeous! I am totally stealing the idea of adding rhinestones! I look forward to more posts from you :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter