Bey Blades?

CountryDuck

Mouseketeer
Just wondering how many have been able to get their hands on these Bey Blades for their children?

Where can you find them as our Wallmart & Zellers are all sold out!:mad:

Any chance they will be available in stores around WDW?

I had heard about these but so far DS who is 10 has not mentioned them at all so sorry no help here! From what heard they are all the rage right now!

Grover in Winnipeg
:)

Where I live we are finding them in variety stores owned by chinese/korean owners and at a kiosk in the mall (japanese owners I believe). I think because they've been in those cultures longer they know what they are when the wholesalers are offering them. One enjoyable store owner was telling us how he waited in line at supplier for 4hrs just to get 30 of them.

I did also see them at stores you mentioned and toys r us, don't know if they sold out here as well.

My DS(6) loves these things almost as much as pokeman and yu-gi-oh!

Does anyone know the difference between the ones they sell at Zellers and Wallmart virus the small indepentant stores? Are they knock-off's and not the original thing?

I was able to find some at a small local store who said they are the "original" but, I am not able to read the writing. Are the ones that have the Hasbro label that sell at Zellers & Wallmart type stores the ones that are the real thing?

I know this is off the topic of WDW but, since teh kids have no clue about the trip:) Bey Blades is all they are talking about:mad:

The interest in Bey Blades reached fever pitch in our household last week and we had to begin the search. Both Walmart and Zellers had just sold out the morning that we got there. My husband lucked out and was in the Zellers in St. Catharines just as they were going on sale last Friday. He said the crowd was unbeleivable and he had to battle some mad moms himself, while he and another man tried to go about selecting the "perfect" one to suit our boys' requests. Apparently some are better than others and they had checked out the internet to review them. They played with them for two days and now they just sit there. We used the top of the games table/air hockey to battle on. Warning - watch the eyes and face when they are battling - they can fly apart!! Our boxes - which I am told by my son are the real thing have the Hasbro sticker on them. Trying calling each day to your Walmart or Zellers toy department to see if they have or will get them in. Our Walmart toy clerk is very good about daily calls.

CdnDisneyNut and Kim: I just asked Tim what Bey Blades are because I hadn't heard of them either and this is what he said "they are the stupidest thing!" (This is a 15yo's opinion.) He went on to say that they are like "tops" that you spin and try to knock the other opponent's top out of the arena. There is a Japanese Anime cartoon on TV about it.

Well, Bey Blades seem to be the craze around our area.

I don't know where we fit in as far as keeping up with the trends but, I know 5-10 years old in our area all want them.

I guess it's because you can't find them! :mad:

They had an article about Bey Blades in today's paper, so I know a little more now about this latest craze. Sounds like they would be perfect for my 7 yr. old nephew, but also, almost impossible to find.

The link wouldn't work for Julie, I don't why (I'm sooo not techie minded..lol), but thank you! Hopefully CdnDisneyNut can view it! :)

I am so glad neither of my boys are into these things.My nephew has a bunch of them and my sister told me that she has had to return a few of them because they broke the day they bought them.I really dont think that they are worth the $10 to $12 I have seen them selling for.But good luck to all of you who are looking for them.

I managed to find the blades (back in the summer) but I am having trouble finding the arena that my nephew wants (it is what the kids race the blades in so he tells me)

I am going to check in Orlando to see if we can find any. I haven't been able to find a Stadium either, so the kids just use one large bowl thta I have!:)

I couldn't find them either so our neighbour's son was kind enough to lend my DD one of his! She uses her frisbee as her arena! Trust me though, make sure you invest in a set of ear plugs, they are noisy!

Be happy you can't find them!

Scratch
:smooth:
PS I don't think anything could get as bad as when the Cabbage Patch Dolls first came out, could it?!?!?

Actually a frisby is a good idea for an arena. I was wondering what we could pack to take with us. I know my husband was not going to let the kids take a bowl!:eek:

I saw a sign in front of a trading card shop, that also carries sony playstation games, etc. selling them for $7.99. Maybe a games shop is a place to find them.

As some know, we were not going to tell the kids about their upcoming trip to WDW.

Well my husband had to go away overnight last night and the kids were sad. So my husband told them it was time for a family talk. :eek: Well the kids were so surprised:) He left and I spent all evening talking to them about what we would be doing on their vacation. It was amazing how much the knew already about WDW.

Our son said "Can we take our Bey Bledes?" after awhile.
I guess the craze is going to follow us to Disney!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter