Beyond Big Thunder

I would like to see a ride that uses the Spiderman from Disneyland technology. I don't care what it is themed but it was fun ride.

Agree with this sentiment. Although WEB slingers isn't my all-time favorite attraction, it's fun. I thought the perfect place for this ride system would've been at the proposed Play! pavilion. Even though WDW may not be able to use the core-Marvel characters like Spidey, I felt like it could converted to a Black Panther engineering attraction. That way WDW can boast that they satisfied their Inclusion Key which is something TWDC is keen to do.

The problem with the test track clone with outside track is the weather. It's not a good match for florida weather. I'd love a carsland in florida, but i'm not sure it fits at Magic kingdom in the rumored beyond big thunder spot.
If they did a test track clone, I'd love to see journey to the center of the earth tokyo disney sea clone.

I think villains is a good choice as it's general enough to give you a lot of options. You can get multiple IP within the disney brand and still fit the overall theme.
I sure hope they have some high capacity people eating attractions. I'm not necessarily hoping for cutting edge tech, but good theming. A classic dark ride that can serve all heights. A thrill ride for the older demographic, and a kiddie high capacity ride. I'd love it if screens are not the primary focus, but understand they'll be involved somehow.
I'd love for a themed restaurant to integrated in to one of the attractions like Blue Bayou/Pirates.
I think the dark ride could be a journey into the underworld boat type ride.

Thrill ride inside Maleficent castle.

Kiddie ride could be ?? I am struggling with the idea here.

Cars Land.

It will naturally fit in with and extend the physical attractiveness of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

It is set in the West.

TWDC already built Cars Land in DCA so it has all of the plans and blueprints and kinks worked out. This makes it cheaper to budget and build.

Finally, Cars Land is cool.
If they wanted a cloned land Cars Land would work really well and be nice. Do feel the RSR is different enough from Test Track to have it as the E-ticket still as well.
The Alaskan Frontier with a Denali themed ride (although this might be redundant since it's near BTM) as the biggest attraction. That way the already present western frontier would flow into the northwestern frontier.
Alaskan frontier with a snowy feel would be neat and something different, but would b hard to find a major attraction different enough from BTM, but be great if they could. If going for non-IP, would be neat to see them add in the once planned Geyser Mountain attraction.
Well, it would sort of continue the progression theme of the Frontierland area - Liberty Square (founding of the USA), to Tom Sawyer Island (mid 1800's time frame), Big Thunder (industrialization and Western migration/Gold Rush), to the early and mid 20th century (Route 66, automobiles, etc).
A New Orleans street with Tiana would fit well with this too as it was early 19th century. Liberty Square on around basically creates a loop from the original colonies, into more Midwest/Mississippi expansion, out to New Orleans and then on to the far west with Big Thunder. Stargazer's Denali expansion beyond would fit in well with this progression too across the country, while Carsland works for the timeline progression well too.

Do feel the RSR is different enough from Test Track to have it as the E-ticket still as well.

First, sure. They are different enough. I am not sure guests will confuse a RSR clone and TT 3.0 in two different parks in WDW. I don't think guests complain about Tri-Top Spin and Dumbo but they are essentially the same ride vehicle, right?

Second, I'm still hazy with TT 3.0 concepts, because there are apparently World of Motion influences to TT 3.0. I am old enough to say that I rode World of Motion when I was a child and although I cannot recall every detail, I do know that the ride was significantly different than TT. So, maybe TT 3.0 is changing quite-a-bit.

Nevertheless, I think TT 3.0 and RSR will go together like peas and carrots.

Agree with this sentiment. Although WEB slingers isn't my all-time favorite attraction, it's fun. I thought the perfect place for this ride system would've been at the proposed Play! pavilion. Even though WDW may not be able to use the core-Marvel characters like Spidey, I felt like it could converted to a Black Panther engineering attraction. That way WDW can boast that they satisfied their Inclusion Key which is something TWDC is keen to do.
Black Panther can't be used at WDW, he's on the list of Islands of Adventures characters. That's the big problem with the agreement with Universal, Guardians is on a very short list of characters that CAN be featured at WDW. Disney got very lucky that the franchise blew up for them.

My main hope for this expansion is that it’s unique to this park and something that can’t be found elsewhere. Would be so disappointing if it was another Arendelle, or Cars Land or something else that’s basically taken from another park. I’m all for including IP but would like it to be within a broad overarching theme (like ‘Villains’ or ‘Western River’ etc). Either way, it will be very exciting to watch it all progress!

It sounds like Encanto is going in at AK, so I doubt they will double-down on it.

Honestly, the one I'd like to see is Pocahontas. I doubt they will, but it would fit pretty well.
Unpopular opinion but if they were to of done a Pocahontas attraction I’d of loved for it to be the theming for splash east while Tiana still happened as is for splash west as it vibes better thematically

That said I’ve also heard speculation that beyond big Thunder/Tom Sawyer island could become a Shanghai Zootopia clone but take that with a LOT of salt grains
I would like to see a ride that uses the Spiderman from Disneyland technology. I don't care what it is themed but it was fun ride.
Big Hero 6 could be an interesting IP as it could still have a similar storyline

Unpopular opinion but if they were to of done a Pocahontas attraction I’d of loved for it to be the theming for splash east while Tiana still happened as is for splash west as it vibes better thematically

That said I’ve also heard speculation that beyond big Thunder/Tom Sawyer island could become a Shanghai Zootopia clone but take that with a LOT of salt grains

Big Hero 6 could be an interesting IP as it could still have a similar storyline

I agree - Pocahontas for Splash would have been great too.

I think BH6 could easily go in Tomorrowland!

Pocahontas fits better in there than anything more contemporary.
MK is more toddler themed than the rest so I like to 3 nice family attractions and dining options sufficient to accommodate the extra traffic.

Whatever it is it better be as good or better than the new Epic Universe lands.
While everything we have heard and seen (concept art) looks epic, we won’t know for sure until the park opens. There is quite a bit of hype surrounding this park, I just hope it lives up to it. Not only from a ride and theming perspective but the customer service side as well

Whatever they add to MK will likely see an increase in people capacity in the park as there will now be more space. That said, what will they do to address the overcrowding in the hub during fireworks or the entrance exit fiasco that occurs after fireworks or during after hours parties?

I'm all for expansion, but MK has people capacity problems. Now you're adding another "land" which equates to more people, but not dealing with the current setup of Main Street or anything else.

Sorry to be the Debbie Downer on this one, but hope they think this through a bit more than just opening up more land area.

Whatever they add to MK will likely see an increase in people capacity in the park as there will now be more space. That said, what will they do to address the overcrowding in the hub during fireworks or the entrance exit fiasco that occurs after fireworks or during after hours parties?

I'm all for expansion, but MK has people capacity problems. Now you're adding another "land" which equates to more people, but not dealing with the current setup of Main Street or anything else.

Sorry to be the Debbie Downer on this one, but hope they think this through a bit more than just opening up more land area.
I agree. They need a half dozen attractions at the other three parks before they add onto MK.

And when I say attractions I mean mostly rides.

Last edited:

One thing that could help is at Disneyland they have always had alternative Fireworks viewing sopts. They would projject on the water screens for Fantasmic! at the Rivers of America and on the IASW facade. Now though they have an alternate spot in Galaxy's Edge where, while it's the smae pyro, there is different music for a totally different experience. They call it "Fire of the Rising Moons." If it's possible to see the fireworks well from the new Beyond are at MK, they could do something like that.

This is why I think “The other side” could be so effective. A Maleficent castle with its own show during the fireworks could be a draw away from the main hub.

Shifting Frontierland into this new section has always made sense to me with the entry to the area being Big Thunder. Then you could convert the current Frontierland into New Orleans Square to have Tiana’s Bayou make some sense in that location. Then you could dock the paddle wheel boat permanently in that section and turn it into Tiana’s restaurant.

Maybe convert Tom Sawyer Island into a Pocohontas themed area as part of the New Frontierland. Two bridges could be built (with the idea that the paddleboat will now be docked - but with bridges capable of being raised occasionally for necessary use of the river) to connect to the island, one down near where the boat to TSI now goes and another in the upper section of the island to connect to the new build section. . On the island I would see a family suspended coaster themed after Flit (Flit’s Forest Flight or some such) that could perhaps encircle the lower section of the island. There could be a Mother Willow attraction with a giant animatronic tree. Perhaps have a recreated Powhatan village with historical information, a Pocohontas meet and greet and dining experience with indigenous foods.

I assume the path to the new area while wind around the other side of Big Thunder Mountain just over the train tracks and going north. I’d look at maybe a Little Thunder Mountain adjacent to BTM on its north side, a mini-coaster for kids. And then the rest of this New Frontierland could be called Bear Country. Similar in vibe to Critter Country at Disneyland, they could relocate the Country Bear Jamboree and Winnie the Pooh ride here and add a new dark ride, perhaps either themed after Brother Bear or maybe The Legend of Mor’du, with a Brave theme featuring Merida and associated characters and the evil cursed bear prince Mor’du. Having that ride positioned adjacent to a Disney Villains area could make sense.

Not sure how much space there would be to do a Villains area justice. (Personally I’d prefer a whole Dark Kingdom park that is like a Mirror Universe version of sorts of Magic Kingdom). The centerpiece of a villains area that I would love to see would be Bald Mountain. A large mountain with the Chernabog atop whose wings could open and close at times. The core of the mountain could be an indoor roller coaster while at the base around it going in and out of the mountain I envision a family dark boat ride themed around Fantasia. Other possibilities would be a Capt. Hook swinging pirate ship, Cruella de Vil dark ride with you in her car screeching around the streets of London (kind of a new Mr. Toad), maybe a Queen of Hearts hedge maze, The Curse of Maleficent dark ride…

In addition I would also love to convert Liberty Square into Sleepy Hollow. It could still retain the colonial aspects, but it would tie the Haunted Mansion in better, and I’d replace the Hall of Presidents with an Ichabod and Headless Horseman dark ride. Move the President animatronics somewhere else (maybe to the American Adventure or something).

For the relocated Pooh ride in Fantasyland the creates an opportunity for a new dark ride, maybe Pinocchio or Tangled?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter