Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique FAQ PART II - w/ Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there. My daughter is turning 5 during our trip and we got her a reservation at BBB in MK for 4:30 on her bday (only time available). I continue to call to get that pushed up to no avail.

If you had a later appt time- did you think it was still worth it?

What did you do after to make it memorable?

CRT completely booked- we were thinking of taking her to then meet with the princesses at the meet and greet- any other suggestions??!?

I assume she won't be able to swim that night since it'll mess up her hair. Hmmmmm.

My DD BBB appt. is at 6:00pm at the DTD location. It is our arrival day so we will go to MK in the morning then back to the room for a swim, shower, nap. We will then head to DTD for BBB and dinner. We have an 8:15am at Akershus the next morning so she will still be all princessfied :goodvibes We did the late appt. last time we went a few years ago and it worked out great. BBB wasn't crowded. My dd had 2 Fairy Godmothers in training fussing over her and there was no one at the picture location when we got there and the Photopass photographer took a TON of pictures for us.

Yes our girls sleep in their hairdos and they received extra makeup to take home with them at the boutique (that was 2 years ago). So they kept their "look" for two full days before jumping in the pool. this time I will plan on them being made up for two days so I booked a few princess things in that time frame. It will be perfect. You will love it. What a great birthday present. Absolutely perfect age for it too!!!

We have an appointment at BBB at downtown Disney at 4:30 and want to buy tickets for the Cirque du Soleil show at 6:00. Does that allow enough time for BBB?

That's not enough time. That late in the day, it's quite possible BBB will be running behind. And just getting down to Cirque will take a bit of time. And you really don't want to be late for that.

I'd keep looking for an alternate plan.

Help! DD4 just decided to try and cut her own hair, so now she is sporting a sort of cut bob (with a couple of way short 1" bangs that I might be able to hide for a couple of months).  We have BBB reserved for her before MNSSHP, but now I am wondering if I should cancel? Her hair is too short for a bun and likely won't grow enough by Oct. She also loves Snow White, so a bob and a headband would work for that costume idea? Other than the experience, and being IN the castle, which would be pretty cool, just not sure it's worth more than $50 now? What would they do with a bob style?

LOL, there must be something about that age. My daughter cut her hair a few days before our Disney trip when she was 4. I had to rush her into our hairdresser for some remedial work and she ended up with a cute short style too. :)

Don't cancel BBB. I've seen tons of stories about how they work with short hair. I'm sure you'll be fine. There's something very magical about getting a makeover IN the castle. I really wish they had the BBB when my DD was that small. Don't pass up this opportunity. Soon enough she won't want to do it any more.

Sorry - but I didn't read through all the posts but

Does the Magic Kingdom BBB do the package with the t-shirt and tutu? Or just Downtown Disney? Is it 90 plus tax?

The dresses that you get at World of Disney or in The Magic Kingdom, are they the same as the ones sold at the disney store? Taking our DD for her 5th birthday, and plan on early morning BBB appt in the MK. Think as part of her birthday present I am going to get her an outfit, but not sure who. Any pictures of what is currently offered? Looking towards Belle or Aurora, as she will already have a home made Snow White, Cinderella and Rapunzel (which will probably come with us just in case)

does anything change at bbb if you are using the photopass plus?

Let the photographer know that you have this.....they tend to take more photos when they know they're actually going to be bought, lol.

Does anyone have a favorite seamstress on Etsy or seller on Ebay they'd like to recommend? I'm looking for dresses under $40 that aren't poofy/itchy/tulle. Preferrably something comfy like cotton but looks nice, but not the "peasant" or "apron" styles. They don't have to match the official dresses, but I'm hoping to find something Cinderella, Ariel, or Tiana-inspired.

Try mydressuptrunk.com , the dresses are nice and soft, but still silky.

That's not enough time. That late in the day, it's quite possible BBB will be running behind. And just getting down to Cirque will take a bit of time. And you really don't want to be late for that.

I'd keep looking for an alternate plan.

LOL, there must be something about that age. My daughter cut her hair a few days before our Disney trip when she was 4. I had to rush her into our hairdresser for some remedial work and she ended up with a cute short style too. :)

Don't cancel BBB. I've seen tons of stories about how they work with short hair. I'm sure you'll be fine. There's something very magical about getting a makeover IN the castle. I really wish they had the BBB when my DD was that small. Don't pass up this opportunity. Soon enough she won't want to do it any more.

Yes, my daughter's hair was pretty short and I couldn't believe they pulled it into a bun. I thought for sure they'd just leave it down with a cute barrette or something. Now we're going this year and I'm pretty sure my youngest definitely has too short of hair. But it's still such a fun experience getting the royal treatment with makeup, nails (if you do castle package), sash, and pixie dust in hair.

We've done the BBB the last 3 trips we've taken and Sunday June 16th was the first time we've done it at DTD. I've got to say I wasn't as impressed with that location as I am with Magic Kingdom. The lack of seating for people waiting their turn is horrible, standing in the general area is annoying and crowded. And we were called back 20minutes after our appointment, the "dressing room" wasn't what I was expecting after seeing MK's I wasn't impressed. The staff was friendly enough but at MK there's a better edgy and they seemed more engaged with the kids. With our trip in December our girls hair lasted three days , we had it done our last night there (Friday) before eating at CRT and MVMCP. They slept in it that night and the next and we took it out Sunday night. One DD had the bun the other had the diva hairstyle, this time they both got the bun and they were falling out Monday morning. I had to reinforce them with more bobby pins. I was very disappointed as I know from previous experience they can last longer than that. So for our future trips (spring break 2014) we'll just go to the BBB at MK.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

What is the largest sizes the dresses come in? Last year we bought 10/12 but I'm not sure that will be big enough next year :confused3

I think they may have 14? I do believe my DD who wears 14 would fit in the 12 ...... However, She did the package that had the tutu skirt, I can't remember what it's called. She wore L skirt and it was fine. Good luck.

We are going to WDW for the 1st time in Dec. and I have decided to do BBB for my youngest DD. I plan on doing it on Dec. 2 (her bday) and our appt is 11:40 am at DTD but we have an appt at Akershus at 2:45pm we will be able to make the appt or should I try a later time for dining?

I'd try for a later eating time. I was just there last week and my 2 nieces had appts. for 12:50. They were just finishing up at 3:14, both girls were done at almost the same time. I know this because I had to call Photo Pass to locate our missing photo shoot pics and that was the time that the reveal pics were taken! Then we had to wait in line at Castle Couture for for their photo shoots. Count in at least an hour travel time to get to EPCOT if you are using Disney transportation. We had a 6:25 ADR at Akershus and easily made it without rushing but went pretty much right there by monorail after the BBB & the photo shoot. I think we waited about 20 minutes. BTW they did find the missing pictures, over 50 of them.

I'd try for a later eating time. I was just there last week and my 2 nieces had appts. for 12:50. They were just finishing up at 3:14, both girls were done at almost the same time. I know this because I had to call Photo Pass to locate our missing photo shoot pics and that was the time that the reveal pics were taken! Then we had to wait in line at Castle Couture for for their photo shoots. Count in at least an hour travel time to get to EPCOT if you are using Disney transportation. We had a 6:25 ADR at Akershus and easily made it without rushing but went pretty much right there by monorail after the BBB & the photo shoot. I think we waited about 20 minutes. BTW they did find the missing pictures, over 50 of them.

About how long will it take me to get to Epcot if I have my own car?

my daughter will be two years and 10 months when we go down in january and i just got told by someone at disney that they will not make an exception. is there anything i can do? this will be her first trip and all i want is to make it special for her. she is a very mature 2 year old and i just find this absurd. all of the money people put out for their trips to make it special and they cant make an exception for 2 months? someone please help!

my daughter will be two years and 10 months when we go down in january and i just got told by someone at disney that they will not make an exception. is there anything i can do? this will be her first trip and all i want is to make it special for her. she is a very mature 2 year old and i just find this absurd. all of the money people put out for their trips to make it special and they cant make an exception for 2 months? someone please help!

They really arent trying to ruin your almost 3 year olds vacation, its a liability issue. The make-up they use is not approved for children under 3, and while its only 2 months, your child is still under 3. If they made an exception for her, then they would have to make an exception for every other child under 3 whose mom wants their trip to be special. That would be everyone under 3 ;)

There is plenty you could do as far as dress up to make it special. A 3 year old will still have the time of their life even if they dont get to do BBB :wizard:

I don't want to be mean, but are you taking advantage of her being 2 and getting into the park for free? With age comes some up sides (like doing BBB) and some down sides (like paying to enter the parks).

How about a quick stop at the barber shop for some sparkle?

At the very least you can stop by the BBB and ask for her to be pixie-dusted. Unless you think it would upset her to see it and not be able to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter