Big Announcement Coming

Star wars land is just a rumor, agreed.

However, I think everyone and their mother can see the writing on the wall with this one. It's only a matter of time. How big, where and when are the questions rather than will it happen.

All the other current rumored and announced projects have a fair amount of dissension among disneyphiles. I think most agree that more star wars based theme would be successful.

There might be fist fights as to which episodes to base the themes on etc, but in general Star Wars is about as safe a direction to go for new content as anything else.

Star wars land is just a rumor, agreed.

However, I think everyone and their mother can see the writing on the wall with this one. It's only a matter of time. How big, where and when are the questions rather than will it happen.

All the other current rumored and announced projects have a fair amount of dissension among disneyphiles. I think most agree that more star wars based theme would be successful.

There might be fist fights as to which episodes to base the themes on etc, but in general Star Wars is about as safe a direction to go for new content as anything else.

I agree that expanded star wars offerings...if not "lands" or maybe even "parks" are a foregone conclusion at this point.

However...i don't agree that the timing and outlays make new announcements and construction of these imminent.

I do think that more star wars is going to be built in - at a minimum - California, Orlando, and China....there other two i'm not as sure.

The only reason I think this is for one silly reason.
Space ship earth is just begging for a remodel into the death star. The death star is an Icon. It's the perfect central icon for a star wars themed area. Yet I don't see them having both a spaceship earth AND a death star park icon at least in Florida.
Future world of Epcot could be re-themed for star wars to give it an identity, but then the theme doesn't really flow smoothly to world showcase.

I believe that one of the first things they will do is upgrade the Star Tours at Disneyland Paris. It is still playing the 1.0 version of the attraction. Updating it couldn't cost much and seems like a no brainer for the new Disney/Lucas Co.

Larry

Space ship earth is just begging for a remodel into the death star. The death star is an Icon. It's the perfect central icon for a star wars themed area. Yet I don't see them having both a spaceship earth AND a death star park icon at least in Florida.
Future world of Epcot could be re-themed for star wars to give it an identity, but then the theme doesn't really flow smoothly to world showcase.

This sounds like a fun idea.

I just read on another board where several members received a survey regarding Star wars and potential lands and rides. I'm not a stars war fan but would love to see what Disney could do with it.

bananasplitkids said:
I just read on another board where several members received a survey regarding Star wars and potential lands and rides. I'm not a stars war fan but would love to see what Disney could do with it.
Apparently they surveyed guests at DL over starwars land. A year ago guests were surveyed about a marvel themed area at DL. Logical choice would be marvel to DL. Star Wars DHS, however if this will happen it will be opened at the earliest 2018

Apparently they surveyed guests at DL over starwars land. A year ago guests were surveyed about a marvel themed area at DL. Logical choice would be marvel to DL. Star Wars DHS, however if this will happen it will be opened at the earliest 2018

or later...construction takes forever.

i can't wait for May...only to see the reaction when no huge money addition is announced for WDW. The whole entrapment in these rumors makes no sense on so many levels.

Just to mention, The DIS Unplugged (3/26/2013) discussed a rumor that the Backlot may be possibly leveled, with half of the space turned into Carsland, the left half being Star Wars.

However, I think that that might present a much grander overhaul of that side of the park, with Star Tours 2 leaving Echo Lake and headed to the Star Wars land, leaving the 23 year old Indiana Jones by itself. Could that lead to the Muppet Studios as a long term possibility? :)

--- Just thought I'd throw this out there.---

Personally, I just wish that the Sunset Blvd expansion had gone as originally planned. There were so many great attractions that had to be shelved, I assume because of the development of Animal Kingdom around that time. (Just an assumption.)

This sounds awesome!!! Just add the Cantina, Mos Eisley space port and you have a reason to travel to other lands, "far far away" as you enter World Showcase...

now do I think that will ever happen? No. Sadly. But man that would be cool.

Scoop is a summer campaign featuring Monsters Inc which will involve a 24 hour Magic Kingdom party on May 24 along with some other events scattered about.

Re-Theme the Tomorrowland Speedway into Cars and then focus on Star Wars and Pixar in DHS... Leave the full Cars Land for CA.

I certainly would hesitate to call Avatar "Land" a failure before I ever see it.

I would, however, prefer "Beastly Kingdom" or Australia.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter