Big Announcement Coming

I personally don't see avatar land ever getting off the ground. The easy out would be creative difference cited as the reason, leaving it up to the public as to who is at fault

I agree about avatar land I don't think disney should pour money into something that is already passé. I could see people maybe going there if they had good rides but I don't know anyone who would want to go for the theming

Sent from my iPod touch using DISBoards

I agree about avatar land I don't think disney should pour money into something that is already passé. I could see people maybe going there if they had good rides but I don't know anyone who would want to go for the theming

would you ride the tron motor bike coaster?

I would go for the theming. I think Disney could do this type of theming beautifully. I think people are getting lost in the moment of the movie. I would go because it would be something different and beautiful. I would hope that all the people on here putting this down, would at least give it a chance.

I know the one sound stage in HWS where the phineas and ferb and cars m&g is was supposed to be getting something in there... we were told this as a CM when getting the tour of HWS. Could be finally unveiling it??:confused3 Just a thought :blush:

I would go for the theming. I think Disney could do this type of theming beautifully. I think people are getting lost in the moment of the movie. I would go because it would be something different and beautiful. I would hope that all the people on here putting this down, would at least give it a chance.

great way of looking at it.......give it a chance

AND WILL BE A huge failure, or as my daughter would say, EPIC FAIL

Why?

I've never seen the movie that the ride "Dinosaur" is based on, but it's one of my favorite rides at AK.

There's also no movie around Expedition Everest, Safari, or Kali River Rapids, but they are all great attractions. Quite honestly we could go on and on about lands or attractions at WDW that were not built around a movie.

I don't understand why all of a sudden that because some people didnt like the movie, than this land will be a failure. Pandora was visually stunning, Disney has the opportunity to do some real theming here that will blow people's mind. The theming alone will make this is a success.

Oh don't take what I said the wrong way. I completely support them and hope it turns out great because then there will be less people in the rest of the park:)

I'll assume you are a big fan of Song of the South if you ride Splash Mountain. If not, then I don't understand why you wouldn't go to Avatarland even if you didn't like the movie.

I'll assume you are a big fan of Song of the South if you ride Splash Mountain. If not, then I don't understand why you wouldn't go to Avatarland even if you didn't like the movie.

Hey, don't hate on Song of the South, its a great movie. lol ;)

Why?

I've never seen the movie that the ride "Dinosaur" is based on, but it's one of my favorite rides at AK.

There's also no movie around Expedition Everest, Safari, or Kali River Rapids, but they are all great attractions. Quite honestly we could go on and on about lands or attractions at WDW that were not built around a movie.

I don't understand why all of a sudden that because some people didnt like the movie, than this land will be a failure. Pandora was visually stunning, Disney has the opportunity to do some real theming here that will blow people's mind. The theming alone will make this is a success.

^This. I'm not a huge Avatar fan, but the idea of walking through the forests that were once only imagined through computer animation is very, very intriguing. Disney has the money and the people to create more immersive experiences than other parks, so it's obvious that Cameron would choose them to host Avatar in theirs.

I don't think that's a very good comparison: all those other rides mentioned have at least a frame of reference here on Earth, where even if people have never seen the movie (Splash and Dinosaur) or there is no movie (Everest), people get what its all about, and they make sense with whats around it. People know that Everest is a tall mountain. They know that the Yeti is a mythical creature. The rest falls into place because there's a pre-existing cultural context.

That context is void with Avatar. You either saw the movie and know what its about, or you didn't see the movie and know that it made a lot of money for Mr. Titanic. That doesn't mean that it won't be good - but it could definitely damage the popularity of the area.

I was at Universal and rode Harry Potter with one of the 6 people on the planet who never read the books OR saw the movies. He thought the ride was "neat" and the ride mechanism was "cool" but wanted to go to another section of the park right after riding it. The immersion failed because he had no real context for what he was seeing and experiencing.

I don't think that's a very good comparison: all those other rides mentioned have at least a frame of reference here on Earth, where even if people have never seen the movie (Splash and Dinosaur) or there is no movie (Everest), people get what its all about, and they make sense with whats around it. People know that Everest is a tall mountain. They know that the Yeti is a mythical creature. The rest falls into place because there's a pre-existing cultural context.

That context is void with Avatar. You either saw the movie and know what its about, or you didn't see the movie and know that it made a lot of money for Mr. Titanic. That doesn't mean that it won't be good - but it could definitely damage the popularity of the area.

I was at Universal and rode Harry Potter with one of the 6 people on the planet who never read the books OR saw the movies. He thought the ride was "neat" and the ride mechanism was "cool" but wanted to go to another section of the park right after riding it. The immersion failed because he had no real context for what he was seeing and experiencing.

I've never read the books or seen the movie (Harry Potter or Avatar actually) but I would visit the land/attractions. Though we would rather just stay on Disney property, and not visit Universal, so we probably won't be seeing Harry Potter. I'm not a big fan of the genre of Avatar, but will definitely visit the land and give the attractions and the area a chance.

How people on here feel about Avatar is how I generally feel about Harry Potter. I have no interest in the books or movies. That said, as I mentioned above, if I were in Universal, I would visit the attractions.

Quite honestly I think that's reaching....

I don't want to be taken as someone that's a big cheerleader of this project, I think money could be spent on something else. But I don't get all the backlash from it, you don't need a frame of reference or a "connection to earth" to see how visually stunning something can be.

I think some of you are over analyzing this thing to death. If the rides are good and Disney does as good of a job on Pandora theming as they did on Radiator Springs, then it'll be a hit.

i actually never saw the movie or read the books before visiting HP and had a great time because the theming was incredible and the e ticket was the best e ticket i had ever been on and you know what i did when i came home i watched all the movies

like others have said you guys are way over analyzing this, if its well themed and has a great ride or two it will be a hit simple as that

Re-Theme the Tomorrowland Speedway into Cars .................................

I always thought they should do this too

I always skip this ride but if it was Cars, then my boy would DEFINATELY want to do it and I couldnt get by with skipping it

but i still want Cars Land at WDW in DHS

Did the Rush cover artist ever sue the people who created Avatar. I wonder if it makes Disney nervous in any way.

Cogswel_Cogs said:
Did the Rush cover artist ever sue the people who created Avatar. I wonder if it makes Disney nervous in any way.

LMAO!!!

Funniest post here ever! Hall of fame material

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter