Big Changes At DHS !!!!

Born 2 Fish

I'D RATHER BE FISHING.
We are continually focused on providing the best possible experiences for our Guests who visit the Walt Disney World® Resort. Within the last six months, we have added significant new attractions and shows at Disney’s Hollywood Studios™, including Block Party Bash, Toy Story Midway Mania!, Pixar Place and Journey Into Narnia: Prince Caspian.

Coming in October 2008 will be the recently announced “High School Musical 3: Senior Year” and later this year, Disney’s Hollywood Studios™ will host the annual Night of Joy event for the first time and welcome back ABC Super Soap Weekend. At the same time, we have continued to update existing offerings such as Playhouse Disney—Live On Stage! Next year, the park will unveil The American Idol Experience, host the first Grad Nite events at Disney’s Hollywood Studios™ and welcome back ESPN: The Weekend and Star Wars Weekends.

We regularly evaluate and refine our operations. At the same time we unveil The American Idol Experience in January 2009, we will make an adjustment to our operation by offering Fantasmic! on select evenings each week. Fantasmic! will be performed two times weekly –generally Mondays and Thursdays - and more often during our busiest times of the year.

On nights when Fantasmic! is not performed, Guests (with appropriate ticket media) will continue to have the opportunity to enjoy nightly fireworks spectaculars such as Wishes at the Magic Kingdom® Park and IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth at Epcot®.
Showtimes will be published for Guests in the Times Guide, which is available at the theme parks, and online at disneyworld.com."

On nights when Fantasmic! is not performed, Guests (with appropriate ticket media) will continue to have the opportunity to enjoy nightly fireworks spectaculars such as Wishes at the Magic Kingdom® Park and IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth at Epcot®.
Showtimes will be published for Guests in the Times Guide, which is available at the theme parks, and online at disneyworld.com."

What the hell does "appropriate ticket media" mean??? Park Hopper tickets?? We dont usually get park hopper tickets because we plan a park per day...I guess if were not at the right park on the right day we dont get the same privledges as someone who paid the same amount of money and chose a different park on any particular day!!! Good thing theres a good view from the fort. I wouldnt wanna be at HS on the days Fantasmic is showing now....it would be PACKED...and I bet the rest of the week will be walk ons for the better part of the day...maybe theres a bright side to this after all!!!

Fantasmic is the only evening show we haven't seen. I was looking forward to seeing it the next time we go. With it only being shown 2 nights a week will make it VERY packed and I'm not sure I'm willing to wait in line for hrs to get a seat or buy the dinner package to secure a seat. This sounds like another way WDW is tightening their budget.:mad:

We are continually focused on providing the best possible experiences for our Guests who visit the Walt Disney World® Resort. ..."

What is the original source of this quote? Not doubting the credibility, just curious. Thx!

It's ok, the disney marks won't let it affect them

...At the same time we unveil The American Idol Experience in January 2009, we will make an adjustment to our operation by offering Fantasmic! on select evenings each week. Fantasmic! will be performed two times weekly –generally Mondays and Thursdays - and more often during our busiest times of the year...

So...is this for real? I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere, but it wouldn't surprise me.

The earth-ball thing in the EPCOT fireworks show is going down for major repairs starting August 13th, so it would make sense if they cut back on the Fantasmic schedule after the EPCOT ball recovers. Fantasmic is seasonal at Disneyland, so it wouldn't be surprising to have it become seasonal at WDW. At DL, they still show it twice per night during the busiest times of year; I expect WDW would do the same thing. So for those of us who can only get there during a busy season, we wouldn't even notice a difference.

Sue in TX

Another thought...has WDW even seen a downturn yet this year? I heard that upcoming hotel bookings are a bit "soft," but if they're not suffering yet, why are they impacting the guest experience for those of us who *are* going?

Do they *really* want us to go home and tell our friends and neighbors that WDW isn't as good as it used to be, so don't bother going???

Sue in Texas
...still wants to believe in Disney magic...

I don't particularly like Fantasmic - too much of a wait - so it doesn't affect me much, but I think there will be a lot of cost saving measures coming up. News like this kind of confirms that Disney is feeling the affects of a slowing economy or at least they think they will.

I was not a Fantasmic fan. I've seen it once, don't feel the "need" to see it again. Makes for more people there on the nights of the show. I agree with you Rog, may be a blessing...shorter lines someplace else.
Loretta

The earth-ball thing in the EPCOT fireworks show is going down for major repairs starting August 13th, so it would make sense if they cut back on the Fantasmic schedule after the EPCOT ball recovers.

I hadn't heard about this. Does this mean that there will be no Illuminations beginning August 13? I'll be there beginning August 23. May I ask where you found this information?

I hadn't heard about this. Does this mean that there will be no Illuminations beginning August 13? I'll be there beginning August 23. May I ask where you found this information?

I also read about the refurb of the Earth barge. Illuminations will still be shown nightly during the refurb, but in a modified and slightly shortened form. We will be there Aug.18...no Spectro for us and now a modified Illluminations. Oh well! :sad2:

I saw Fantasmic the first time in 2003 or 2004 and was blown away! It was incrdible and we couldnt wait to see it again in 2007. But they had changed SO MUCH of it.....really PRINCESSED IT UP too much, and it was pretty dissapointing the second time. I guess nothings ever as good as it is the first time. On the other hand...everytime I see WISHES, I get that stupid lump in my throat when I hear the little girls voice.

I saw Fantasmic the first time in 2003 or 2004 and was blown away! It was incrdible and we couldnt wait to see it again in 2007. But they had changed SO MUCH of it.....really PRINCESSED IT UP too much, and it was pretty dissapointing the second time. I guess nothings ever as good as it is the first time. On the other hand...everytime I see WISHES, I get that stupid lump in my throat when I hear the little girls voice.

On the last night of vacation Wishes could bring a tear to the eye to the toughest of guys. If they ever wished upon a upon a star.

The news has been around for awhile. Here's what the WDW Update said at the Mouseplanet website this morning: "The latest dates being bandied about for the Illuminations Earth Globe refurbishment have the barge disappearing from the show on August 13. Of course, as the date has been pushed back many times before, it's quite possible that they'll change again. In the meantime, if the globe does take a vacation, the show will still go on, with pyrotechnics filling in that segment of the show, and some segments of the show disappearing completely."

We signed up for an Illuminations cruise on August 11th for my inlaws' wedding anniversary, so I've been keeping an eye on the rehab date because I really wanted them to see the earth globe!

Sue in Texas

If you ever get out to Disneyland in California, be sure to see Fantasmic there, even if you don't think you're a Fantasmic fan. It's the same music, but a much different show and experience. Be sure to walk thru the area a couple of hours ahead of time so you can see the transformation of New Orleans Square. The show basically comes out of nowhere right before your eyes, and it has a lot more story and "wow" factor. The princesses are still there of course, but just they're just one--very nice--part of the show.

Seeing it in DHS is fun, but there's no comparison to the original in DL! :thumbsup2

Sue in Texas

Thanks for the info. This is something I hadn't seen around yet. Seems like everyone is out to get me! No SpectroMagic until 8/30 (which is my last night) and now a change to Illuminations. I've been so excited for my mom to see all of these shows and now everything is changing. :headache:

Thanks for the info. This is something I hadn't seen around yet. Seems like everyone is out to get me! No SpectroMagic until 8/30 (which is my last night) and now a change to Illuminations. I've been so excited for my mom to see all of these shows and now everything is changing. :headache:

I'd consider Spectro being off to be an advantage. I hate that parade! :scared:

But I heard they got rid of the evil glow masks, so maybe it's better now? It totally creeped out my 6 year old last year. It was just a strange, strange experience, but it did present a great opportunity to ride rides while everyone else was watching that horror!

Sue in Texas
...who *liked* Light Magic. I still have the t-shirt!

I say we go to Tokyo and kidnap the MS Electrical Parade back where it belongs.

I agree completely. That's why I was so anxious for my mom to see Spectro. She hasn't been to Disney since 1980, so this was as close to MSEP that I could get. I guess she won't know the difference in what she's seeing anyway, since she hasn't seen any of it! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter