big, important question - please answer if you can.

__disneygirl

well, all that's left now is the happy ending.
Hi everyone. I booked a very impromptu trip to WDW just a month ago. I have set all the ADRs and we am NOT on the Dining Plan. Money is not a huge issue for us, but as I am reading a lot of posts about how much money is saved, i'm thinking it would be stupid to pass up saving all the $$ it can save you. The problem is, we are leaving April 1.. is it worth adding the dining plan to my trip?

You can still add it, just call Disney.

Even if cost/savings isn't a big factor, the DP is very convenient. Its prepaid and all on your key card.

__disneygirl said:
Hi everyone. I booked a very impromptu trip to WDW just a month ago. I have set all the ADRs and we am NOT on the Dining Plan. Money is not a huge issue for us, but as I am reading a lot of posts about how much money is saved, i'm thinking it would be stupid to pass up saving all the $$ it can save you. The problem is, we are leaving April 1.. is it worth adding the dining plan to my trip?

As for adding it now, well, it depends on your package. I'd call CRO or your travel agent, and just ask.

If money really isn't a big deal, then add the plan, use it and pay out of pocket for extras if you feel you need them. You might try comparing a couple of typical days of spending cash versus what you'd be able to get on the dining plan, and see if it saves you money. For me, part of the pleasure of the dining plan was not having to deal with the cost of everything -- I just made sure we had enough reservations to use up our credits.

It depends on whether you anticipate spending time in the sit down restaurants -- from your comment about ADRs, it sounds as if you are planning on it, so take a look at those menus and work out a couple of the meals. Or, pay out of pocket for a buffet or two, and use credits to go to a specialty restaurant that might normally be outside your budget....that sort of thing.

That's my take, anyway.

The plan only saves you money if you usually eat one restaurant meal a day and one couter meal a day. And I mean FULL meals. Counter gives you a combo meal, dessert and drink. Table gives you appetizer, meal, dessert and drink. You can save money with the plan if this is how you usually eat. If you usually eat a burger and fries for lunch with ice water and a pizza with ice water for dinner then the plan will cost you a lot more than you would normally spend.
It is no savings if you want to eat on a real tight budget.
It is a nice splurge if you want to eat the full meal way but you usually don't.
It is a big savings if you usually eat 2 full meals a day.

Hope that helps!

Thanks! You've all really helped me and I decided not to get the plan based on how we'll be eating and stuff. Thanks again :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter