Big upgrades?!

It has happened but it is incredibly rare. The upgrades we’re seeing right now are supposedly to free up more value rooms for booking as only value bookings are being upgraded.

(With GF that would be quite the upgrade right now seeing as the outer building club level is not open and has no scheduled opening date. Only RPC is scheduled to open.)
It's a bit weird because I checked what was available on the website for our dates before calling today and Movies, Pop, and Art (Little Mermaid rooms) were all available. So it's not like they don't have rooms available in the values, yet still they put us at CBR (not that I'm complaining!). Unless they're selling those rooms as bait, and more people will eventually get upgraded? I have no idea. And I booked with the discount to boot.

Interesting thread..we are booked for November at All Star Music. No call or email for us, but I’m excited about “hopefully” getting a renovated room.

We just received a call too. We are booked Music oct 15-19 and offered a pirate room at caribbean. We asked to talk to the other party traveling with us.

If we aren’t thrilled with this choice, can we ask to be placed some place else? I don’t think our girls would be very excited with this option.

I called back and asked if there was another option besides Pirate-and was told no- pirate or stay at all star. Pirates it is!

Enjoy!

I just double checked our November dates on the site and not one hotel is showing as available. I guess they are trying to free up some rooms? They must have held some moderate ones back.

Today I was moved from ASMu to Pop Century for my October stay. Lady on the phone pressed hard that this was quite the upgrade. I didn’t push back because I’m canceling it anyway but it was kind of funny. They must be getting push back for her to go hard about it being an upgrade.

Last edited:
Today I was moved from ASMu to Pop Century for my October stay. Lady on the phone pressed hard that this was quite the upgrade. I didn’t push back because I’m canceling it anyway but it was kind of funny. They must be getting push back for her to go hard about it being an upgrade.

I hope we don’t get that call….we are traveling with my mom who has her own room booked separately. I would rather us stay together…but also don’t really care to move to Pop.

Isn't everything an upgrade if your original reservation is for the All-Stars? ;) Except if you booked a family suite, of course, but then they'd move to you an AoA suite in all likelihood.
I hope we don’t get that call….we are traveling with my mom who has her own room booked separately. I would rather us stay together…but also don’t really care to move to Pop.
The way it was presented to me it sounded like you can refuse to be moved. I suppose they'll just go down the list if they can't clear enough rooms.

We got the phone call for an upgrade also! I am soo excited. We have never had this type of magic, so we are grateful. We never got the email, but I did get the call. Here is my info:
The call occurred Monday evening.
Our dates are: Oct. 10-15.
We were booked to ASMU..upgraded to standard rooom CBR, 5th sleeper room
Traveling party is me and my DD, so we won't need the 5th bed, but works for us!
We have always wanted to stay at CBR so we are stoked! We love the skyliner, so that is an added plus.
I have to wonder if they are freeing up rooms at ASMU due to booking dance show participants. I know some large groups are expected during Oct.

Enjoy!

I just double checked our November dates on the site and not one hotel is showing as available. I guess they are trying to free up some rooms? They must have held some moderate ones back.
Typical for my luck- I'm trying to add one day to our CBR reservation🙄

I called back and asked if there was another option besides Pirate-and was told no- pirate or stay at all star. Pirates it is!
If im not mistaken, all the rooms as AsMu have been upgraded to queen sized beds like AsMo and Pop. The Pirate rooms at Cbr are only doubles and sit a but further away from the main lobby, food and skyline. Just keep that in mind but still a beautiful resort.

Just FYI for the future (not sure if it will help now), when you're traveling with someone it helps to call in and ask for the reservations to be assigned a "traveling with" number. That way the assignors will know that reservation zz is traveling with reservation bb and try to assign rooms together.

I would try talking to guest services though and see how/if they can help you.
@morganms22 see above.

I would also let your mom know not to immediately accept an upgrade if she’s called by Disney to make sure you guys are on the same page.

With what they’ve done to Pop prices over the last two years no wonder she thinks it’s such an upgrade!

I spoke to soon. The family we are traveling with for an upgrade. We didn’t. This really sucks. I know pixie dust is random, but dam! Now our kids can’t even really hang out at the hotel together.
I'd be on the phone until I spoke to the "right person" and get a room where your friends were upgraded. Calming state your plans traveling together and "kids together" is a big part of the vacation. GOOD LUCK!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter