• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Biggest Loser 8 Fall Challenge -- for losers and maintainers!

QOD:

My goodness what a lovely thought! We have 62 days until we're at WDW and I am so excited I can hardly stand it!

Let's see if I were at WDW right now, where would I be? Probably either on the Haunted Mansion at MK or TTA...at this point, we'd already have been enjoying the parks for most of the day, so we might be ready for a lovely sit down and cool off ride...

Or maybe just sitting on a bench watching the people go by...I love people watching at the World.....

Have a wonderful day!
Brooke

My goodness what a lovely thought! We have 62 days until we're at WDW and I am so excited I can hardly stand it!
Hey, I just had to figure out how many days we'll be there in 59 days!! It sounds so close now. I can't wait either!! We're staying at Pop, what about you? My trip is a big motivator for this challenge. I have loved reading everyone's answer to today's qotd. Really getting me in the mood.

I had a challenging moment today. I went to see a friend who's been sick, and picked up a bunch of cookies that I love from a little bakery nearby, and normally, I would have bought extra for me, or opened the container and eaten a few on the way, but I didn't, and really didn't feel tempted. I keep trying to remember that nothing tastes as good as being thin feels, and right now most of my clothes are a little too tight and uncomfortable, so those cookies wouldn't have helped. It is such a good feeling when I am pumped to be on track, I hope I'll remember that in a few weeks as it gets harder. I'm so glad you all will be here to help motivate.

Corinnak- awesome medals. What an accomplishment.

QOTD (Question of the Day) If you were at WDW or DL right now, where would you be and what would you be doing?

It is now about 5 and we would be getting dressed to go back to the parks for dinner. Last time we ate dinner at The Plaza in MK. It is right around the corner from the bakery and I had never eaten there. We ate there on our trip last month. It was great. There was more on the menu than any website listed. I had a great tomato soup and a rueben. Dh had the chicken soup and a meatloaf and mash potato dinner that we didn't even know they had until we were told the specials of the day. It is a small place but really lovely. I only wish we had room for dessert since they had some great ones listed.

A little about me. I am a 54 married school teacher with two sons 24 and 19. Ds1 is now back at home, workking but looking for a job in his field. Ds2 is at college and I do miss him since we have spent a lot of time together on some projects at his school. I teach high school mathematics (AP Calculus) and have been in the same school for 32 years:scared1:(where did the time go) I have been married to my college sweetheart for 31 years. He loves Disney almost as much as I do and it was he who suggested a short trip there this past AUg (planned in 30 minutes oone SUnday afternoon in July).

I have had a rough year but not as bad as some people here. :grouphug:to everyone who has lost a loved one this past year. I had ds2 go off to college last Sept and at the end of the month I caught the shingles. In May I went in to talk about having my bunion removed and they found several other problem with my foot including arthritis of the left ankle (I never know when it is going to act up. There have been times when I can't stand on the foot). I have spent the past two months recovering from surgery. For the first time today I finally feel like I have gotten my walk back. ANd it showed. Someone stopped me in the hall and said "I've seen you three times this morning (and it was only 9am) and you look like a speed demon":yay::yay: It really made me feel good.

We are all in this together for the good, the bad and the ugly. I didn't lose anything during the summer BL but I stuck it out and if I can you can. Let's go team:cheer2::cheer2:

Good morning all!

QOTD (Question of the Day) If you were at WDW or DL right now, where would you be and what would you be doing?

would it be bad to say I would be in Epcot eating a nepolian? man that was good! My mom and I did food around the world while my dad and DH did beer!:rotfl: we still talk about those desserts!

Is it too late to join in on the Fall Challenge???? I sure hope not--I've got 30lbs more to lose and I need some support :) I'm a SAHM mostly, but I do work a few days a week (saving up for our Dis trip!) I have a 4 1/2 yr old daughter :)

Veronica

THe time has come for the first COW

COW 1

THis week's COW starts on tomorrow 9/11/09 and will run until midnight Thursday 9/17/09. It will be an easy COW since we are all just getting started. I am starting easy but will be adding and/or subtracting as we go through the challenge. I will try to keep some on for 4 weeks since if you follow something for 30 days it will become a habit.

YOu get 1 point for each day you follow the COW

This week will start easy

Drink 8 glasses of water (1 point for each day)
Spend 5 minutes a day doing something special for yourself. Sit and read, do some needlework, take a bubble bath. Just something for yourself (1 point for each day)

On Friday 9/18/09 send me

XX days drinking water
XX days doing something for yourself

Thanks and enjoy the COW

Do you do not have to do the entire COW. You can do bits and pieces of it that work into your plan. It is just there to motivate you and to help you think about developing new habits. THis will be a progressive thing. As the weeks go on I will be adding to these new habits. For next week you might want to find or get a pedometer, it might come in handy.

Hey, I just had to figure out how many days we'll be there in 59 days!! It sounds so close now. I can't wait either!! We're staying at Pop, what about you?
I will be at Pop too in 54 Days!!! :woohoo: Maybe we will see each other there.

:welcome: to MagicMomentsMom and anybody else wanting to join!

It is never too late to join BL8 (that rhymes :thumbsup2).

In the summer challenge, we had people joining up 3/4 of the way through the challenge. Anybody at any time is welcome to join in!

Hmm If I was in WDW right now I'd probably be using a fast pass for Rock N Roller Coaster!

Awesome COW, Dona!

We are going to have glowing skin with all that fantastic hydration! :woohoo: And we're going to enjoy that "me" time!

Maria :upsidedow

You get 1 point for each day you follow the COW

This week will start easy

Drink 8 glasses of water (1 point for each day)
Spend 5 minutes a day doing something special for yourself. Sit and read, do some needlework, take a bubble bath. Just something for yourself (1 point for each day)

Does tea count? I'll admit, I am addicted:rotfl:

5 minutes a day doing something special for myself. I don't remember the last time I did that, so this will be a really good challenge:thumbsup2

Tea does count but only for 2 glasses. YOu do need plain water to keep hydrated.

I am addicted to Twinnings cold brew tea. I found it this summer and everytime I went shopping I bought a couple more boxes for the time they didn't have it in the store any more. I am worried about the day they are all gone

I would be at EPCOT. I would FP Soarin, then ride Test Track. Dinner at one of the countries, followed by a walk around the Boardwalk. I would finish the evening with Illuminations. Oh, that sounds so good.

I am so excited for this challenge! :banana:
I know the next time I go to WDW I will be healthier and slimmer!:yay:

Can't wait for tommorow!
Molly :goodvibes

Good morning all!

If I were at WDW right now I would be enjoying a nice dinner at the Plaza before scouting out a nice spot to watch Spectromagic and Wishes.

Tea does count but only for 2 glasses. YOu do need plain water to keep hydrated.

I am addicted to Twinnings cold brew tea. I found it this summer and everytime I went shopping I bought a couple more boxes for the time they didn't have it in the store any more. I am worried about the day they are all gone

I am a plain old Lipton tea drinker here. Maybe I will have to try Twinnings sometime...I am not sure I have seen it in the stores. This will be a challenge because I definitely get in more that 8 glasses of liquids a day, unfortunately most/all of it is iced tea. On the bright side, it isn't a soda habit. My DH still struggles with that one on a daily basis.

:woohoo: Here is to a great start to the COW:woohoo:

Good morning all!

I'm pretty sure I'd be at the MK, trying to keep the tears at bay long enough to capture every single second of DD1's first trip on film. I've been looking forward to her first trip for so long!

QOTD:

Hi Everyone, we were in WDW during the boys' Spring Break in March and the one thing we didn't have time for was the waterparks so I definately would have spent the day at Blizzard Beach followed by a nice meal at one of the Resorts...

5 minutes of "me time" :scared1:. I am glad we had some notice on this one, now I must go re-arrange the schedule :laughing::laughing:. See, this is why we need you, to realize we do need to put some time aside for ourselves.

Cheers! :drinking: Here is to lots of water and lots of trips to the bathroon (extra exercise getting those steps in)!

Hello! Kinda scared for tomorrow's weigh in. Ick....I don't even want to know. I know I've gained at least 20 pounds since April and I was almost to my goal then. (Again!)

I love this weeks COW. Super simple and I've been working on that this past week anyway so I should do great.

Can't wait to chat with all of you as we lose together. Good luck everyone!

I'm so excited about this challenge :)

My goals for this challenge are:

1. Aim for 1-2 pounds a week.
2. Exercise more
3. Start doing Yoga and Stretching exercises
4. Eat Protein when I eat carbs(try to hit 7g for every 15g of Carb -except veggie carbs) and eat ever 2-3 hours to keep my bloodsugar up.
5. Increase my veggies and fruit
6. Get more sleep - go to bed earlier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter