Biggest Loser Princess and Tinker Bell 2011 and 2012 -- OLD please see NEW thread

Kathy--have fun at your 5k tonight!:goodvibes

Lisa--yep I remember the missions. It's one of the things I really liked about San Diego. When we first moved there I thought (being from one of the original 13 colonies) this place is too new with no history, but the missions were pretty cool.:goodvibes

I have the snacking down pretty good--the chips were just a binge. I had healthy snacks at home, I just didn't want them. :thumbsup2 The issue is flour replacement products. While it's true things are significantly better than they were even a few years ago, the reality is some of the stuff tastes really awful--and I mean really awful. Amy's g-f mac and cheese--really bad. Most g-f pizza crusts--really bad. We found a loaf of bread last night--it had a shelf date of 2012.:scared1: Yes, you read that right, 2012. I'm sorry, I cannot eat bread that it is supposed to be ediible off the shelf for almost a year.

The issue around here is that stores are just not ordering enough--but they are mailing out newsletters saying that they now carry these products. I get a g-f newsletter from Kroger about once a month now. Well, when the shelf holds maybe 6 loaves of bread (and I'm being generous here) and you are only ordering it once a week, but you're mailing out fliers to all the folks who buy g-f products saying that you have it, it becomes a problem. I have been trying since March to get our store to add the g-f Snyder's pretzels. The Snyder's rep told me he was set up to put it in every Kroger in the region. But for some reason our store manager just can't figure it out.

I've decided when I move it's going to be near a Whole Foods and then that will take care of a lot of these issues.:goodvibes And I do feel better. I really do. I am so grateful to have figured this out. I am just not really liking food right now. Mike and I talked about this last night--this is why people with chronic illnesses cheat--diabetics, people with heart disease, etc. It's just a pain sometimes. And I won't cheat--not worth it to feel sick. I guess I just need to stop whining about food.:goodvibes I refuse to use this as an excuse to gain the weight back. It's just going to take a little getting used to.:goodvibes

morning all!!!

still annoyed with the dog. she was eating a plastic bag when i turned my head. it is totally for spite!

we are big crate people too. we just got rid of the crate a few months ago because fiona was really reliable! ha! thing is, the crate is really big and our house is so small. it takes up most of the free space we have in here. ugh. i have been telling DH we need to bring it back up. but the thought of losing all that space that we're even more going to need when the baby swing comes back up is too much!!

rose i'm so bummed for you about the g-f thing. why can't it be easier? i know that i keep telling myself that i should do that thing where you cook for the week all on sunday or something but i never do. i would suggest you do that...but who wants to spend a whole weekend day cooking??? i'm glad you got a good solid run in though. that had to help at least a little!!

lisa how long is the sandpoint race? another half? running school? um, how AWESOME is that???? i can't wait to hear about it!

lindsay nice work at mcdonalds! that is restraint baby! i couldn't do it! two cheeseburger meal all the way!! oh and slap bracelets? loved them! they are SO back in now too! i remember they were banned when i was in school b/c kids were cutting their wrists with them. sheesh, all the bad kids have to go an ruin it! i saw slaw bracelet watches at the mall on saturday! cool!

kathy have an awesome time at the 5k tonight! what a nice mid-week thing to do!

maria darn! sorry about the bleach on the pants but yeah, maybe that sign was a good kick in the...pants :)

taryn ah, i want to go with you on your trip! driving?! i find people who drive to WDW to be very brave!!! that's alot of work! wait, you haven't done beauty and the beast at DHS yet?? oh you'll love it. i really think they do a great job with that!!

la la la waiting for the mattress people to come. annoying! i could have had a nice run and been back and showered by now. of course if i left then they would have come.

i'm a little crazy i know but i've decided to drive to NJ to go to chick fil a. it's the closest one and i really want it! i love their grilled chicken sandwiches! i mean, i need to go shopping for DH's father's day gift and anniversary gift so might as well go to a mall that has food that i want. lol. sure, i have to go over the GWB and pay the toll but i'm so worth it! ;) a friend of mine who i went to grammar school with is going to meet us! should be fun!

Good morning, Princess Pals!

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:
Big hugs all around to all of you. You are beautiful, strong, amazing women, and as long as we keep on trying, and never give up, our focus may come and go, and real life may get in the way but we will be successful, and reach our goals. Hang in there, ladies. We can do this!!!!:cheer2:

I have my 5k tonight, and feel pretty good about it. I've been running with my friend, and the last couple times have noticed I've actually been having a conversation, while running, not just during the walk breaks, which is huge for me. Sunday we did 3.2 miles, and I tried to run more and took just 4 one minute walk breaks. And though I haven't been working on speed, I definitely have more endurance. I've decided I'm going to really push myself like last year and hope to break 40 min. My other big hope is not to look like I"m about to have a stroke in the finish line pics. :rotfl2:

Still trying to reign in the eating, but scale is holding steady.

Taryn- Love hearing about your trip. I loved Boma and was pleasantly surprised to really love Biergarten too. Especially the Bavarian cheesecake. I showed the pics to my sister before her trip, and she couldn't wait for the cheesecake. I give you so much credit for all the classes you're taking. I have a hard time getting my 15 contact hours of continueing ed every two years. You rock! Hope all goes smoothly this week.:goodvibes

Rose -Honey, you have had so much going on the past year, and have dealt with each thing thrown at you with such grace and resolve. You are one strong woman, and I hope you can catch a break soon. :hug: yay for 4 miles with no knee issues!!! So excited for you. I hope you're able to smoothly increase your mileage, and get back to a good running routine. That alone will help with the stress. And don't worry about the chips. Sometimes chip therapy is needed.

Maria- You are amazing. So glad the party for the pastor worked out well. You must have been exhausted. Thanks for the reminder when I'm cleaning the toilet to be on the alert for signs, rather than just cursing ds in my head for peeing all over the place. :laughing: Some times you just need a little break to regroup, and rest. You will get back on track, and get running again. I know it because you have a moderate resort waiting for you at the princess half. Regroup, take some down time and relax.
I hadn't thought about camp after age 12 not being tax deductible. What a bummer. Yeah, no way they're ready to be home alone all day. So 12 is the cutoff here? 3 more years. My friends 16 yo is going to busch gardens for an animal care camp this summer. There's so many amazing camps out there, I may need to get another job.

Lindsay- Congrats on your NSV at mcd's. You are living the ww plan. You can have anything in moderation, and that's what you did. I'm sorry the scale isn't moving as you'd hoped. It stinks that we need to work so much harder as we get older to lose the weight like we did in our 20s. Keep plugging away, one day at a time. Sorry your vacation week seemed to fly by.
I was laughing at you lying to your pedi too. It kind of stinks when the kids get older and the doc asks them the questions. Ds told his doctor he watched tv every night from when he gets home from school til bedtime, and all weekend long. :rotfl2: I did insert some defense, but I'm sure it wasn't beleived. It was a long, cold winter. I also think about the vegies, and do pediatricians think everyone is lying and if they say the kid gets 4 vegies a day, cut it in half to 2? We do that with alcohol, automatically figure if someone' s a drinker they drink twice as much as they admit to.

Nancy- So sorry about the train set. Such a bummer, and they are wicked expensive. Michael had a little set, and then got some hand me downs which was great. We sold the whole lot for 20 bucks at our yard sale last year. If he loves it, you shoud think about craigs list, or second hand stores. And thank you for the reminder of why I don't want a dog. :rotfl2:
I was thinking of you, my friend chaperoned her dd's middle school trip to nyc and the bronx zoo, and man she had a tough group of boys she was in charge of, and told us some funny stories. Made me rethink trying to chaperone ds's trips in the future. lol.

Lisa- Thanks for the good wishes. Glad to hear your house is getting cleaned, and you'll be all ready for Mom to visit tomorrow. She must get so excited to come and see you and ds. My mom loved going out to my brothers' with to visit taylor. Is today's ds's last day? So exciting for him to be done, and have survived his first year of middle school. A night to veg is exactly what he will need. Michael want's to stay up for the bruins game, and is telling me it will be historical if they win, and it hasn't happened since 1971, so I'll probably give in with the agreement of bed at 8 pm tomorrow night. Glad you had a beautiful moon to look at today when you woke up. Sounds far too early to me. Hope you get a good nights sleep tonight.:goodvibes

Have a great day everyone. princess:

oh kathy if DS does a trip down here you have to chaperone! i'll meet you!! it would be so fun!!!! and i'll bring you wine to make the trip back easier!!!

and taryn i forgot to saw that biergarten is one of our favorite restaurants at disney! i think you'll like it! tons of things to try and the show is cute! the beer is so good too. they have a flight you can get and test them all. yum!

is it me? do i stink? :rolleyes1

i'm the last poster on FOUR different threads on the w.i.s.h. forum right now.

i'm getting a complex now.

Don't get a complex, Nancy!

I was in tense meetings and away from my desk all day. I needed to mindlessly relax -- so for once instead of mindlessly eating I found mindless tv. I had taped Toddlers and Tiaras (I hadn't seen it, but decided to watch once), and I just saw all I need to. :rolleyes1

I'm too spent to do a real post -- and I have another day of meetings tomorrow. I am starting to think I should just buy several yards of material and make muumuus -- but that would imply I know how to sew :rotfl:

Seriously, my head is not there right now, and I don't know when it will be. I'm starting to regret being registered for the half in August, I am just too tired to be making life decisions, that's for sure. I can always tell when I start fantasizing about my life as a lady of leisure...and it includes unlimited sleep! :cloud9:

Ok, that's why I wasn't posting -- no one should be subjected to this sad sack! :sad2:

Have a lovely weekend, ladies!

Maria :upsidedow

I was in tense meetings and away from my desk all day. I needed to mindlessly relax -- so for once instead of mindlessly eating I found mindless tv. I had taped Toddlers and Tiaras (I hadn't seen it, but decided to watch once), and I just saw all I need to. :rolleyes1

I'm too spent to do a real post -- and I have another day of meetings tomorrow. I am starting to think I should just buy several yards of material and make muumuus -- but that would imply I know how to sew :rotfl:

Seriously, my head is not there right now, and I don't know when it will be. I'm starting to regret being registered for the half in August, I am just too tired to be making life decisions, that's for sure. I can always tell when I start fantasizing about my life as a lady of leisure...and it includes unlimited sleep! :cloud9:

Ok, that's why I wasn't posting -- no one should be subjected to this sad sack! :sad2:

Maria...we are always here to listen whether it is good or bad. You will swim out of this...hang in there. I know the feeling but once things settle you will come around.

Thanks, Lindsay!

My dh just told me to go to bed. Even he can see I am a mess!

Have a great evening -- and as FlyLady would say, "Go to bed at a decent hour!"

hugs maria! hang in there. and don't watch that toddlers in tiaras crap. that would drive me to eat! those people are scary!!!

Maria-:hug:A big hug for you. Like lindsay said, we are here for you on the bad days as well as the good. I hope you have a low key weekend, and can get some quiet, me time. You deserve it.:hug: This healthy life is like a rollercoaster, with ups and downs, but know when you're feeling low, it will turn, and get easier again. Hang in there.

Nancy-Some contraband wine on a school trip is probably what gets the chaperones through it. lol. Our 8th grade does washington, and I know they always want nurses and doctors to go, so I've thought I'd like to do it. This girl had a brittle diabetic with a broken foot in her group, and said there was a girl with panic attacks and claustrophobia in another group, who could hardly function. She felt so bad for the girl. And the diabetic was one of a group of boys who took off from the group in times square.:scared1: We were talking, if they were our kids, wouldn't we go too, to be their support. Or maybe the parents were looking forward to a couple days alone.
Nice job getting out and running yesterday. Thanks for saying I inspired you. I actually think I inspired myself too. I want to work on my speed and one of the easiest ways to do that would be to lose weight. So I'm feeling focused and motivated again. Hope you had a nice visit with your friend.

Rose - I hope you're having a good week, and just busy. :goodvibes

Lisa - Enjoy your visit with your mom this week. And hooray for summer vacation!!!!!

Lindsay- I'm so happy you're doing so well and have your focus back. I know you're going to stick with it, and see lots of pounds gone over the summer.

I know I posted on the other thread, but I was happy with my time the other night. Of course I would have been happier if I had beat the 40 min, but I know that I didn't put in the time to do that. At the first mile, which I knew would be my fastest mile, it was 13:10, and I thought that to beat 40 would be hard, but kept on trying, and did my best. 41:26 was my official time, last year I was 43:26, and another 5k last fall I was 42:40ish, so a PR for me. It was a hot night, and I felt great after I was done. Funny, it was my breathing that didn't allow me to go faster, but after the race, my body felt pretty good, just a little sore. Last year, I remember being so sore for days after. So I think physically I'm in much better shape than last year, but cardiovascularly, I still need some work. Again, I know weight loss will help.

I had thought about a 5 mile race on 7/2, but I don't think I'm going to do that. I feel a little overwhelmed at how fast this month is going, and we have our fireworks party on the 3rd, and my yard is a mess, and I have a lot to do for that.

Hang in there, princesses!:grouphug: One day at a time, never give up.princess:

Good morning Princesses! princess:

My Mom arrived yesterday and we are going to a Leonardo da Vinci exhibit in Spokane and to lunch today. It is still cool and rainy but since she comes up here to escape the heat in Arizona she doesn't care that she has to wear a sweatshirt! :rotfl:

Kathy, great job with your 5K and PR! :thumbsup2 I think it is harder to get ready for these local races because "real life" seems to intrude a bit more easily. I think a big accomplishment is that we are getting out there and still doing this long after the Disney race! princess:

Nancy, of course you don't stink! :hug: Nice job being inspired and doing a 5K. That is great time, especially for someone pushing someone else around! :thumbsup2

Maria, get some rest this week-end, girl! :hug: I do not deal with sleep deprivation at all.

Rose and Maria as Lindsay says, we are always here to listen to any of our princesses! :hug:

Toddlers in Tiaras sounds like one of those shows that makes you glad that you have a boy! :rotfl:

Taryn did you see this blog about what is going on at WDW on 4th of July? http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/4th_July.htm Looks like some fun stuff going on. :goodvibes

Have a great day Princesses! princess:

is it me? do i stink? :rolleyes1

i'm the last poster on FOUR different threads on the w.i.s.h. forum right now.

i'm getting a complex now.
:rotfl: Silly Nancy.:goodvibes

Hang in there Maria. I know those feelings.:hug: I hope you can do something this weekend that takes some of the stress off of you.:goodvibes

I know I posted on the other thread, but I was happy with my time the other night. Of course I would have been happier if I had beat the 40 min, but I know that I didn't put in the time to do that. At the first mile, which I knew would be my fastest mile, it was 13:10, and I thought that to beat 40 would be hard, but kept on trying, and did my best. 41:26 was my official time, last year I was 43:26, and another 5k last fall I was 42:40ish, so a PR for me. It was a hot night, and I felt great after I was done. Funny, it was my breathing that didn't allow me to go faster, but after the race, my body felt pretty good, just a little sore. Last year, I remember being so sore for days after. So I think physically I'm in much better shape than last year, but cardiovascularly, I still need some work. Again, I know weight loss will help.

I had thought about a 5 mile race on 7/2, but I don't think I'm going to do that. I feel a little overwhelmed at how fast this month is going, and we have our fireworks party on the 3rd, and my yard is a mess, and I have a lot to do for that.

Hang in there, princesses!:grouphug: One day at a time, never give up.princess:
We chaperoned an 8th grade trip to Chicago, a 9th grade trip to Atlanta and a 10th grade trip to Chicago. After that Tom decided he was done with trips--thank goodness!:goodvibes On one of the trips I spent a good portion of the trip with a girl who was having panic attacks and did not get her medication on time. She wouldn't deal with any of the other parents. Fun stuff.:thumbsup2

Congrats on the race! And I am living proof that losing really helps with time, which is a great motivator!:goodvibes

Lisa--have fun with your Mom!

I am still here, still maintaining, still running, still dealing with a bunch of stuff at home.:goodvibes Life is good, just a little tiring right now. And I had a doozer of a t.o.m. visit--honestly I'd forgotten what it was like, it's been such a non-event for a while now.:thumbsup2 Major pms, and major cramps. I feel like a teenager--what's that about???

I ran 4 miles tuesday and 4 miles yesterday. Going to go 6 or 7 on Saturday or Sunday. Haven't decided yet. We are all doing a 10k on 4th of July--Tom, too. It's the same race we did last year. I would really like a pr--if only by a minute, but I need to baby my knee, so we will have to wait and see. It would be a big mental victory to cross that finish line a little faster than last year, but at this point I am just happy to be running. I feel like I am slowly getting my cardio back--it's hard cause it's humid. Mike and I are going to sign up for w&d this weekend. I am feeling much more confident that I will be able to complete it even if it means having to take a lot of walk/picture breaks.:goodvibes

Have a great day!:goodvibes

TWO WEEKS FROM RIGHT NOW I WILL BE AT AKL!

Hey everyone, I dont' have time to quote, so I am going to on memory.

Nancy - you just have a little more time than some of us. ;) Not that stayin at home with a little one, and being pregnant, and cleaning... yeah well, you don't have any more time. Thought about you yesterday when one of our dogs chewed a flip flop.:headache: thanks for the reassurance about Biergarten - I'm skeered!

Maria - Vent away. That's what I love about this group. We CARE. But I know the feelings of just not having it in you to post. I did mindless tv for a bit yesterday, too. I watched Sweet Home Alabama. :rolleyes:

Kathy Good job on your 5K! I am so proud of you!!!!! We only take teachers on class trips, because you can't say yes to the good and no to the bad, and there are plenty of parents I want no where near my kids. Like the one that took her 11 year old son out to Hooter's and an Eminem concert for his birthday. :scared1:

Rose - Sorry TOM was so awful. Mine almost always are. Guess when he's coming back? Yep,. WDW... The 10K as a family is such a very, very, very cool idea!!

Lindsay - Hope you are okay!

Lisa thanks for the post. We're going to watch the 3rd Mk fireworks from TOWL at BLT. And going to Epcot all day on the 4th. I just thought the American Adventure was the perfect place to be!

I did work on the trip a little on morning, and made reserv. for the girls at Pirates' League - cheaper than BBB and something different. Well, apparently there are mermaids in the new POTC movie, adn they are offering a mermaid makeup hair and nails pkg. The girls will be so excited!!!!!! It's a surprise!

ONE CLASS IS DONE!!! All over but the grading. 3-6 more assignments for another, depending on how many more she posts.:headache: then that one will be done. Turned in 20 assignments in the last month for her, she's graded 3... Then just have to keep up w/ my weekly stuff and for the summer long one, get a week ahead.. So yeah. I really shouldn't be here.

Full moon, cloudy day, messy house, loud kids, I just want to go curl back up in bed!!!! Did I say loud kids? I mean, really loud kids. I am on sensory overload right now!

[ Funny, it was my breathing that didn't allow me to go faster, but after the race, my body felt pretty good, just a little sore. Last year, I remember being so sore for days after. So I think physically I'm in much better shape than last year, but cardiovascularly, I still need some work. Again, I know weight loss will help.

I definitely find it harder to breath when i try to go faster too. I think the weight is def. part of it but I think the heat and humidity makes a huge difference as well. Either way you did so great and it is always nice to get that PR.

Mike and I are going to sign up for w&d this weekend. I am feeling much more confident that I will be able to complete it even if it means having to take a lot of walk/picture breaks.:goodvibes

Have a great day!:goodvibes

This could be the perfect excuse to stop and take pics with the characters without feeling guilty. Glad you are going to be able to do it.:thumbsup2

Meeting went well today. There are many unanswered questions with all of our changes but my title I know for sure was changed to Senior Practice Manager. I am most likely going to finish this year in the next level which is associate practice director and is a starting salary difference of about 6,000 so I am fighting to be able to get it changed by the time our annual evals are done which is july or aug. My current salary should go up a little which is better than nothing but it would be nice if I can hit that next level.

Anyway I am happy to report that I have lost 3lbs this week.:cool1: I really needed to see that for my own mental health.:thumbsup2

Well I have a bunch of work to get done before I leave so I will need to catch up later.

Hi Princesses! princess:

Greetings from Her Highness Princess Unreliable! I'm really sorry I don't have time to reply to everyone right now - we're packing up for a little trip, not to WDW, so nevermind. :laughing: I hope to be a bit more back in the loop next week. It's great to catch up on what y'all have been up to at least a little, though!

Maria - :grouphug: Take good care of yourself this weekend - it sounds like R&R is just the thing.

Talk to you all soon.

-C

First let me apologize because I only have until dh gets back with my Subway dinner to DIS, then he needs the computer to do our finances and the church finances. DS has commandeered the laptop to make studyguides for finals, so I'm the SOL family member. We just need three computers...DH has an ipad for work, but I don't seem him using it for non-work...:sad2:

Anyway, dh and I had a talk last night and it helped me recommit to doing what I need to do. I'm miserable when I don't, so I don't know why I keep stopping....:confused3 I'm going to reprioritize my workouts, and go back to journaling all my food. It seems so basic, but I just get lazy and stop doing it.

I've written down every morsel that crossed my mouth today, and I'm eating with my points -- or at least I'm on target as of now. Dinner will leave me with 2 pts. I earned 9 earlier, so I'm going to have a 3pt. ice cream dessert. I am positive I actually have 0 weekly points left, but whatever. Tomorrow is my regular start day, so I'm doing just that, starting my points counting and weighing tomorrow. I know I will have a gain, but better to know now.

In a very un-Marialike move, when I got home today from my meeting I did 3M on the TM. I wouldn't call it pretty, but it's done. I plan to run 8M tomorrow. I'm going to get up early, go a little slower since my weight's up and I haven't run consistently for a week, and see how it goes.

Ok, so I was looking in the WW Dining Out guide, and imagine my surprise that I could have a BLT with cheese, for 9 pts! I was stunned. I never thought I could eat that! It's going to be my dinner tonight, along with veggie chips and the ice cream dessert. If I do find myself hungry later I can have an orange, and I have hot and cold tea also ready to go.

I am going shopping with dh this week (sometimes he just goes alone) to make sure I get things I really want to eat this week. I'm going to buy what looks good, and see how the points work out. I know that sounds a little strange, but I think I need to get back to eating what I like, and making that work. I've been eating WW yogurt every day, and I don't love it. I do really like yoplait, and it's a point more. I think I can fit that in -- so stuff like that. I'm picking my own ice cream treats. It's a little tweak, we'll see how it works out.

Corinna -- Have a wonderful trip! Looking forward to catching up with you :hug:

Lindsay -- That would be an amazing raise, I really hope it all works out with the timing. I know you deserve it! :thumbsup2

Taryn -- I read about the Mermaid pkg and it really sounds great! I know the girls are going to be thrilled pirate:

Rose -- TOM finally left today, and I think that has had a lot to do with my mood improvement. My hormones just go wacky :crazy:

Lisa -- I had no idea of what goes on with those pageants. I cannot believe these people willingly inflict this on their little girls, who cry, scream and melt down because they are being forced to dress and act like little hoochies in training :eek: And there are not crowns for everyone, so that is the saddest part of all. There literally is a "most beautiful" title. Can you imagine your self-esteem if you didn't get it? Not for me, that's for sure.

Kathy -- Did you get the e-mail that the Disney store at North Shore is closing? I am sad because that means I have to start going back to Square One, but I have to admit that store was never my favorite. It just seemed thrown together. :smickey:

Nancy -- Yep, those people frighten me. Living in a trailer and paying $1,000 for a dress that will be outgrown in 6 months...let's just say I have different priorities :thumbsup2

Ok, dh is back so I have to run. Thanks so much for being my buddy!

Taryn- the mermaid pkgs sound like they will be a great surprise for your girls. I bet they will be thrilled.

Maria- Im glad to hear your day was a bit better today and great job getting on that TM.:thumbsup2

It has been a long day. I started work at 730 and just got home and got the kids in bed around 9. I had to pick the kids up at my moms and of course she talked me into going over to my nana's for dinner. we had rotiserre chicken and pasta salad. I did good and left without eating any cake this time.:thumbsup2

Tomorrow is the kids first race at the parkway. They are excited! We are then getting together with my in laws. We will spend some time for fathers day with them tomorrow and then with my dad so we wont have to hop around to different places on sunday.

When i got home tonight I got ryan's final report card in the mail. He went up and got some above averages in alot of areas and the teacher commented that we should be really proud of how far he has come academically but that he was still needing frequent reminders to keep on task, raise his hand, and not worrying about what is going on with others. The PE teacher put that he continued to have trouble listening and following directions and his lack of ability to pay attention was distrupting to the class. Honestly Ryan really is a good kid but I am almost starting to worry that he has ADHD. I have thought about this even before he started kindergarten more so just because I have worked with kids with ADHD for the past 15 years and sometimes you can just tell. I am going to talk to his pediatrician (since its convienent that I work with her) and see what she thinks. I am not big on giving meds and Im not sure that I would even do anything before school starts next year but I hate to keep waiting if he truly does have a problem. Im just not sure how young you should worry about this.

So other than that I am feeling pretty good and really glad the wkend is here.

Good morning, princesses, and Happy father's day to all your dad's and the dad's of your little angels too.

Lindsay-glad to her ryan did improve on his report card, but it must be hard to be worried about adhd.:hug: I think talking to you md is a good idea, and I don't think I would be in a hurry to get him on any meds, but to be aware and see how he does going into 1st grade. He's young, and I am sure that many kids have had hard time getting focused in kindergarten. I remember volunteering in michael's kindergarten and first grade classes, and it wasn't always smooth. And how is the rest of the class doing? I know you can't get that info, but I think a teacher really sets the mood of the class, and keeps in charge, and so I would wonder if lots of kids have trouble staying on task, or if it's just ryan. It's tough and a worry for you. I hope talking to the doctor about it will help, and if it is an issue, getting him extra help in school may help, before thinking about meds.
Hope you enjoying your weekend.:goodvibes

Maria-Hope getting those runs in helped you this weekend. You sound like you're feeling better and having a plan to track the food does give you so much more control over things. Hope you're enjoying the weekend. Thanks for the disney store tip. I might have to pop in and see what on sale.

Taryn-Thinking of you today, and know that your daddy is with you in your heart. :hug: Hope you have a peaceful, relaxing day.

Lisa-Hope you're enjoying your visit with mom. I bet it's nice for her to be with you for father's day too, and you can share memories of your dad. Have you got a plan for your sept half written out yet? I need to do that since my plan only went to my 5k, but I just don't have the motivation I had for a disney race.

Rose-glad things are going well, and youre' just busy. so happy you've been getting some runs in and doing well. A july 4th family 5k sounds really fun. I'd look for one here, but since we have the fireworks on the 3rd, I tend to have a bit of a hangover on the 4th.:laughing:

Corinna-Great to see you. Have a great trip!! Where are you off to?

Good morning gang,

I did 3.2 yesterday afternoon in the heat with my friend, and then we floated in the pool for a while. I do need to write up a plan for the sept half, and get my run's in faithfully. that was the 3rd time this week, but I know going forward I need to have it written down.

I'm on call today, so we're just hanging i our pajamas this morning. My friend's dd is in the champoinship soccer game at 11, so we will go see her play if I don't get called in. Otherwise, grocery shopping and laundry is the on the agenda. I'm doing really good with food this weekend, but more because I need to go grocery shopping and there's no junk around. So to go to the grocery and not bring home junk will give me another good week. I can do it.

Have a wonderful sunday, princess girlfriends.

Thanks Kathy, it's been a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day, and I will be glad that it won't come around again for another 365.

Lindsay - We waited until after 3rd for AK's meds. I wish I had done it for 3rd, but she handled it okay until then. Honestly, 1st is such a huge reading year. I would base my decision on how he does in the reading dept. If he's reading okay, I would let it slide. If he struggles with reading, he'll always be behind, at least in our area, because 1st is the big grade to teach it.

Guys, we're flailing. I'm a soo stressed with schoolwork. The girls have decided to whine and argue constantly, and Brad is ready to call off the trip completely. I know part of their acting out is my lack of attention to them because of classes. The house is such a wreck that I can't focus, but i'm in the weeds now with school and trying to get ready for the trip. On top of it all, they called Friday night and said they'll need Brad to work some the week before we leave after all. Which means I won't have his help getting ready to go. It could also screw up his unemployment for the week. My eating is out of control, and honestly, I don't know how much more I can take...

Send some ppd my way please.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter