Biggest Loser Princess and Tinker Bell 2011 and 2012 -- OLD please see NEW thread

Holy cannoli batman--I got the deal of the century this morning!

I've been watching airfares--and found airfare to w&d for $248.00--that's 248.00 total for me and Mike!!!! Usually I hope to pay that much per ticket!

I keep thinking it's a hoax, so I printed everything in case there is a mistake! I wonder if someone loaded it wrong in the computer! It's delta by the way--which I usually try to avoid, but for that price--goodness!

So now we have tickets, and if the job works out and we are already there I won't be out very much. It was worth it to know I got the flights I wanted.:goodvibes

It will be a good day today, no matter what.:)

I got pm's from some of you this morning--thanks so much! You all are the best. I will get back with you this evening. I am out of time this morning.:goodvibes

Nancy- You are not annoying by any means and I can understand how you feel gaining the weight even though there is an excuse for it...you still just worked so hard to loose the weight. I really understand how you feel because I am putting on some weight and I have no excuse. It will be ok though!!! Its just added work after the baby that you werent really expecting to have to do but you will get it all off yet again and we will be here to support you through it.

As far as nursing. Can you pump so john can give the baby a bottle. Thats what I did and it worked out well. I also found that I could do more with my hands while my 2nd one was nursing. Ryan was 2 1/2 yr old at the time. If he needed a cup openend or something done at least I had my hands to help him. I only BF for 3 months and then shortly after returning to work I stopped pumping all together so I am not an expert but just thought I would offer my experience with having an toddler and an infant at the same time. I found it harder to help ryan while I was bottle feeding. :confused3

I too did not loose any weight while nursing like they say you should. In fact I started WW at 6 wks post partum and my milk supply started to decrease so it made me think I should eat more....well we all know how that turned out.:rotfl2:

Rose- Wow that is some good airfare prices. That is a great way to start the day!:thumbsup2

Yes I am taking a moment during my day to say hello...so you know my life is slowing down a bit.:woohoo: Im sure it wont last for long but I am enjoying it while I can.

I am excited about an evening without the kids. I feel bad saying that.:guilty: I know I will miss them and be excited to see them friday after work.

I also am excited because the new season of jersey shore starts tonight.:rotfl2::rotfl2: I know I am even embarressed to admit it. But I know you all love me just the same...even if I enjoy watching trash tv.:goodvibes

Have a great day!!!!

Nancy- You are not annoying by any means and I can understand how you feel gaining the weight even though there is an excuse for it...you still just worked so hard to loose the weight. I really understand how you feel because I am putting on some weight and I have no excuse. It will be ok though!!! Its just added work after the baby that you werent really expecting to have to do but you will get it all off yet again and we will be here to support you through it.

As far as nursing. Can you pump so john can give the baby a bottle. Thats what I did and it worked out well. I also found that I could do more with my hands while my 2nd one was nursing. Ryan was 2 1/2 yr old at the time. If he needed a cup openend or something done at least I had my hands to help him. I only BF for 3 months and then shortly after returning to work I stopped pumping all together so I am not an expert but just thought I would offer my experience with having an toddler and an infant at the same time. I found it harder to help ryan while I was bottle feeding. :confused3

I too did not loose any weight while nursing like they say you should. In fact I started WW at 6 wks post partum and my milk supply started to decrease so it made me think I should eat more....well we all know how that turned out.:rotfl2:

Rose- Wow that is some good airfare prices. That is a great way to start the day!:thumbsup2

Yes I am taking a moment during my day to say hello...so you know my life is slowing down a bit.:woohoo: Im sure it wont last for long but I am enjoying it while I can.

I am excited about an evening without the kids. I feel bad saying that.:guilty: I know I will miss them and be excited to see them friday after work.

I also am excited because the new season of jersey shore starts tonight.:rotfl2::rotfl2: I know I am even embarressed to admit it. But I know you all love me just the same...even if I enjoy watching trash tv.:goodvibes

Have a great day!!!!

lindsay - thanks for the insight! i am on the fence about pumping. i tried pumping with thomas and could never get anything out! i have ginormous ****s and had tons of milk but anytime i'd sit down and try to pump i just couldn't get more than an ounce! i think if we do the bottle it'll just have to be formula. even just saying that is making me break out in hives though which is RIDICULOUS because tons of people bottle feed for goodness sakes! i'll just have to do my best with the b@@b and the toddler.

and, um, thanks for reminding me about jersey shore - i just DVR'd it. :rotfl2: i saw that there's a true hollywood story about snookie but i just couldn't bring myself to watch it.

where are the boys staying tonight? i have yet to have thomas spend the night someplace else. i wish my parents would take him for a night but we all know that's not going to happen! enjoy your evening. RELAX!

rose holy cannoli is right! the flight for our sept trip was $198 pp and i thought that was a good deal. i know alot of people have issues with delta but i have to say i'm pretty happy with them. of course, watch, i'll get screwed by them but so far so good. when i was about 8 weeks preggo with thomas we flew delta to ireland to do some touring and also see john's family (who by the way are awesome and totally normal so of course they live in another country!). john went to the podium to ask if we one of us could be on an aisle seat since i was going to have to get up and move around alot. he comes back and tells me they are booked and they couldn't do what he wanted....instead they upgraded us to first class! OMG! and of COURSE we had both just slammed down a huge burger king meal and were too full for the fancy meal they give you. and of course i couldn't have the free booze too! oh well, relaxing was nice and definitely made me feel warm and fuzzy towards delta!

i'm about to lay the little guy down for a nap. he just had lunch and, you know, i had to finish half his grilled cheese for him. those calories don't count...right? :rolleyes1

it's absolutely gorgeous here today. we went for a 5.5 mile walk and even he was pretty comfy sitting there while i did it! came home, showered and went to the pool for an hour. came home from that and the stupid dog had helped herself to ALL the stuffed animals my uncle pete gave us yesterday.:headache:

our beach club is having a seafood feast with lobster on saturday. should be fun. i have to head over there this afternoon to pay for it and have to think about what kind of dessert i'm going to bring. hmmm....

Just a quick post so you don't think I've fallen off the face of the Earth...lots going on at work, lots to do and we were just told today we are merging with another agency. I would actually call it "absorbing", since we are much bigger than they are, but of course people are nervous and tense -- since that is all the information they received.

I guess I'm as ready as I'll ever be for Providence -- gotta pack tonight and we are leaving tomorrow after Ben's orthodontist appt. in the afternoon. I'm working tomorrow morning, so I'm very hopeful I'll get one more DIS post in.

Thank you so much for the hilarious, heartfelt, and thoughtful posts. I'm reading along and they've really brightened my day -- Nancy you made me laugh out loud with the Jungle! I have a funny feeling you normally have much more maintenance than I'm willing to do!

Ok, one quick tidbit to share before I go eat my tuna salad and watch "Haven" -- I was watching "Toddlers and Tiaras" (see, I can judge no one!), and one of the moms said she wanted her daughter to do pageants because someday she'll be a wife and mother, and she needs to learn about taking care of herself and presenting herself with hair and makeup done because men need that in their lives...I'm afraid my poor Dennis may be suffering from a severe deficiency, because after 18 years there's only so much effort I'm going to make...

Maybe I'm inspired now and I'll actually read one of the magazines I subscribe to and make an effort :idea: Well, maybe after the Half while ds is at camp, I'm bound to have a little more time for myself...

Everyone have an awesome evening, and a fantastic weekend just in case I don't make it back!

Maria :upsidedow

Maria--Have a FABULOUS race!!!! I was listening to The Middle during my workout and thought about you.:goodvibes Didn't you post the lyrics once? It's one of my favorite songs and always makes me smile!

Lindsay--enjoy your kid free night. I don't think you should feel guilty at all for wanting some down time!

Nancy--my milk never came in. Tom was actually failure to thrive. It was so awful. I should have never even tried to bf. I had way too many complications, one of which was life-threatening. I woke up from emergency surgery with two or three ivs and blood dripping into one of them from a transfusion. All this happened right after he was born. Anyhow, the ob begged me not to bf, the nurses guilted me into trying it. Should have listened to the ob. Tom was a formula baby--and a national merit scholar.:thumbsup2 Don't feel guilty no matter what you do. They can turn out ok even on formula. Of course he does have adhd. I'm sure some people will link that to formula.:rotfl: Oh, and you want a horrible mother story--my teeny tiny mother told me I couldn't bf cause my girls were too big--had nothing to do with the post partum hemmorhage or the million other complications. And she was worried about Mike and the fact that I was going to be "out of commission for a while." Seriously, not making it up. That was the beginning of the end for our relationship. Can you tell 20 years later it still ticks me off a little. ;)

Hi to Lisa, Liesel, Kathy, Taryn, and Jude (if you are reading along!)

I have actually worked out 2 days in a row, and I'm going to run in the morning! Too exciting! Mike is at a work dinner, so I am enjoying a quiet house!

Oh Kathy, I bought The Help the other day, and I'm looking forward to reading it!

Ok, talk to you all later. Have a great evening.

Still singing that Tom Petty song, by the way.:goodvibes

Good luck, Maria! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Can't wait to hear how your literally and figuratively rock it at your RnR half this week-end! :yay:

:wave2: Hello to everyone else. Will post more tomorrow. :goodvibes

Good evening princesses!!

Maria- Good luck on sunday!! :goodvibes You are so ready for that race. I had thought about trying to come down and cheer you and Cam on sunday morning, but I don't think I'm going to be able to. I think michael needs a low key weekend to regroup, so we're just going to hang home, and sunday afternoon go to my nieces birthday party. Have a fabulous time!! It looks like it could be right up there with the disney races. :thumbsup2

Rose- I just bought Cold Mountain. I went to the second hand book store the other night, and was trying to remember the authors you all were talking about here, and did remember stephanie Plum, and Evanowich, but they didn't have either in paperbacks. They had some hardcover Evanowich, but so many, I didn't know which to pick and I found Cold Mountain. I also picked up Michael J Foxes memoir, Lucky Man, and started that first. The Help was an awesome book. You poor thing going through all that after you had Tom. What a nightmare. When I worked ICU, postpartum patients made us all so nervous. Most often if they were bad, they'd be transferred to Boston. And shame on your mom. :sad2: Enjoy that quiet house tonight. And amazing airfare deal!!

Lisa-How are you doing today? Getting back into the old routine, without those margaritas? I hope the transition back to reality wasn't too tough on you. Is Robert doing more summer camp, or does he go back to school soon? Hope you're having a good week, and are back in the swing of things. :goodvibes

Nancy- I too would not worry about what other people think about bottle feeding, and do what works for you and your family. What ever will make it easier for you is the right thing to do. You are amazing with the walks. I on the other hand have committed to my exercise plan, so have had my 2 rest days, and only 1 exercise day, so I need to exercise today and the next 3. Most of the time I'm on call I don't get called in. I hear weekday evenings it very unlikely to be called in since most cases can wait til morning, but my fingers are still crossed. It also seems to go in spurts. For a while last year, I got called in a lot for the small amount of call I do, but the money is good if I get called in, so I truly don't mind either way.
Do you have a basement? My house is 925 sf, so I know how small your house is, but we have a full basement thank god. I don't know about your uncle, but I give a lot of stuff to my sister, and I don't expect her to keep it all, if she doen't need or want it, she can just pass it along. I actually got this house because the couple had one child, and was expecting a second, and needed something bigger. Glad Thomas is enjoying the new toys. Take a deep breath, you all will fit there when the baby comes, it will be nice and peaceful and cozy. :goodvibes

Lindsay-So glad things are quieting down a little today, and you have a night without the boys. No guilt allowed. They are going to have a ball with your parents, and you can just relax and enjoy your husbands company. Poor ryan when he saw the pictures. They hate to miss anything. I hope the inserts help his foot, and he's fine to play on monday. Michael got his shoulder pads and helmet tonight, and sat we'll go to the store to get the rest. He was all excited when he realized his last name will be on the shirt, just like his big cousin who played in high school. I think it's going to be fun to watch, but my fingers are crossed I'll be watching him play not sit on the bench. Sorry about the pants too. :hug: It's sucks that we do this to ourselves. I know we can get back on track and lose the weight for good. My sil and I have exchanged clothes back and forth, as we've gone up and down in our weight. We were remembering 5 years ago before our first disney trip we started around labor day, and we both did really well and lots a good amount of weight before disney in dec. We'll be together for vacation in 2 weeks, and hope to inspire each other and do it again. Gotta keep on trying. We can do it!!

Hello there, Liesel and Taryn. Hope you're having good weeks!!

Michael came home from camp today on cloud 9. They went to the beach and he had 2 slushes, and tomorrow is the whale watch from 12-7, but before that they are going to do the zip-line at the Y. He chickened out last year, and he's so excited but he's also hoping he doesn't chicken out again. I hope he does it. I am sure he'll love it if he does, but I think the climb up the pole is a little daunting, and it's too easy to turn around.

Bonus for me, is it's my 10-2 day, so I have from 2-7 all to myself. :cool1: Guilt free too!! Mommy guilt is so overrated. I plan to come home and take a run/walk, and that's all I have planned but I may just sit out on my porch and read, do nothing for the rest of the time. 5 hours does go by fast.

Hope you're all having a nice evening.

i'm reading The Help now! i am the.slowest.reader.ever! so i'll probably finish it sometime in the next century. i'm enjoying it so far and in the first 20 pages there was mention of "nehis" which are sodas. when i was in college in NC it was like total culture shock sometimes, especially when i met my friends' parents. my one girlfriend comes from a very southern family. you know, she has the two name first name and all that. her mom came to visit and kept talking about nehis and they still laugh to this day because i told them they could probably just get a few pairs of stockings at CVS. you know, knee-highs! hehe.

maria go maria! go maria! go maria!! can't wait to hear about the half! i'll be thinking of you! are you going to wear your WISH shirt? i meant to order one this last go around and forgot. boo. guess i'll wait til next time. i actually wouldn't mind a visor. have a great race! hydrate! i hope the weather is good. i'm going to go check weather.com to see!

kathy enjoy your short day today. and it's friday to boot! nice! we have a basement but it's not finished. in fact, in order to get into the basement and do laundry i have to go outside and get down there through a storm door. it's SO annoying. we would like to finish the basement and get stairs down there that aren't outside but that's like a $50k purchase that we're not sure we want to do. we'd really like to move into a bigger house in silver beach but nobody leaves this neighborhood! that friend who said she's moving? haven't heard ANYTHING from her all summer. we may wind up just staying here and finishing the basement. i can't complain though - my aunt and uncle were next to us until last year when they bought and re-did my grandpa's house around the corner. the house was identical, except their basement was finished....and they had THREE kids!

oooo! i hope michael does the zipline! but if not it sounds like he's still going to have a great time today. whale watching?? awesome! sounds like this has been a really fun camp. i mean, anything that involves not one but TWO slushies has my name written all over it!

rose you poor thing! i wonder what caused all those complications?? my goodness how scary. oh and real nice about your mom. :headache: my mom was pretty nasty post-baby as well. besides the fact that she never came down to offer to help, i think when thomas was about 4 or 5 days old i got mastitis (for the first time). i hadn't slept at all yet and had a fever of 103 or something. she called and i started crying...like alot. she said, "well for someone who wanted a baby so bad you'd think you'd be on cloud 9 instead of crying all day like a baby."

mind you, my mother went back to school at age 56 or so and became a nurse. so, like, she had to learn about all sorts of medical things including hormones and other post-partum conditions! AND, she had a kid! AND she had a kid with bad colic. instead of offering to help she tells me to buck up. rose, how did we end up with such classy ladies as moms???

lindsay how did last night go? did you enjoy your kid-free time? i hope so!! i have jersey shore taped and will probably watch it tonight...or, maybe at nap time ;)

lisa how was the training clinic? what did you do? you know, besides run your tushie off!

good morning friends! i'm up again today. i swear one of these days i'll just accept it. but after doing 5 mile workouts it's so annoying! i mean, i DID have carvel ice cream cake last night...oh, and mr. softee came to the beach club yesterday afternoon. forgot about that. :rolleyes1

holy COW thomas is standing against the couch and hanging his head in his poop stance. the smell just wafted over...:sick: back in a sec...

shoo! back. anyway, we had a really nice summer vacation day yesterday. pool in the morning, lunch and nap at home, beach club in the afternoon, dinner and aunt and uncles. we did a virtual birthday party for my cousin tracey who went to hawaii with us. she's in michigan at school. used our ipads. it was really funny. my aunt mary kept saying, can you see me? do i look thin?? lol! she just lost 28 lbs so she's feeling very good about herself!

oh and i may or may not have fought with a 4 year old at the pool yesterday. :lmao: thomas and this girl - amaya? anaya? some weird name - were the only two in the baby pool. she kept taking his ball and throwing it far away. whatever, no biggie. thomas got out of the pool and was whining a little and i asked him if he wanted a drink or a little snack. and don't you know this 4 year old comes up and tells me that "he can't eat in here. it's not allowed." and i looked right at her and said, "you know, nobody likes a tattletale." WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?? she's 4! i'm an adult! luckily he didn't want a snack so we just left it at that. i got made at a 4 year old for telling me the rules. nice, nance, nice.

looks like another nice day today! have a great one gals :)

Nancy- Don't worry about it, it sounds like that 4 year old had it coming to her. She'll learn who's balls she can mess with.
You're not alone, my scale is going up too, and I'm not even pregnant!:scared1: I know what I'm doing, and not doing, and now am down to 2 weeks pre vacation to get it under control. Today is the day. I got to stop eating so much. sheesh.

Have a fantastic friday, princessbelles!!

Good morning Princesses and Belles! princess: :tink:

Rose, congrats on snagging the fabulous airfare to the W&D! :cool1: Are you staying at the BWV? I wonder if they will have the Halloween decorations up when you are there?

And a big :hug: on the delivery and Mom thing. What a piece of work your Mom is. :sad2: I'm glad that you have kept her out of your life. :flower3:

Lindsay, hope that you enjoyed your night last night without the boys. Too bad it is a work day today. I know that you will be happy to see them again tonight. I'm sorry about the pants thing. :hug: I know exactly how you feel. That is one of the reasons I finally grabbed ahold of myself this week -- I was having to say "no, that will be too tight" one too many times. :sad2:

Nancy, you may be able to pump more this time around if you need to. It won't be easy and it will take some time but I know that you will get things worked out. :flower3:

And, if not, you can tie your kids to the clothesline like your grandmother did! :rotfl: Was there a swimming hole in the backyard? That was funny story.

I was another one who never quite got the BF thing down and ended up with a failing to thrive baby, an extra day in the hospital, and a kid who took off as soon as we gave him the bottle. I just supplemented with pumped milk. 'Course turns out it was in BPA bottles but he's been in the 95th percentile all his life and is a smart wonderful guy. I think we blame ourselves too much for all the things that happen to them when in fact they are all wonderful folks, in spite of us or because of us, you pick! :goodvibes

Maria, interesting news at work. I hope that you won't be affected by it. I would be very surprised if the new outfit had anyone who writes as well as you do! :goodvibes

Good luck on Sunday! :cheer2: Can't wait to hear all about it.

Taryn, hope that the first week back hasn't been too hard. Just think of all those smiling faces you will see next week! :goodvibes

Lisa, hope the last week of summer isn't too hectic. :hug:

Kathy, enjoy your afternoon off! :flower3: Hope you get to hang out on the porch and maybe even take a nap. :cool1:

I think a relaxing, regrouping week-end is just what is needed! :flower3: We are going to do one ourselves, too. The transition this week has not been a smooth one. Every single person I talk to is tense as tense can be, myself included! :sad2:

We can get ourselves back on track together! :hug:

I managed to lose 3 of the 3 1/2 pounds I gained on vacation so I will be posting a 1/2 pound gain today. I'm pretty happy with that since I didn't get on track again until Tuesday and didn't run yet this week.

Yep, wimped out on running yesterday in the 93 degree heat so my 8 miles will be a bit of a chore on Saturday. I'm going to run in the mornings when I know it is going to be hot so I don't have to worry if it is too hot to do my training group.

Have a great day, ladies! :goodvibes

um, lisa, i wouldn't exactly call it wimping out when you don't run in NINETY degree weather! i'd call it making a wise decision! that's too hot.

and, yeah, i just had to laugh when my uncle posted about my grandmother. for anyone who didn't see it...i posted on fb about how i'm getting thomas a swim bubble so i don't have to catch him every time he jumps in the pool. my uncle posted the following ("sena" is my uncle tommy's nickname - my dad is one of 10 kids and not one of them goes by their real name): "just to share- Grandma used to tie Sena to the clothes line cause he used to wander too much. No sh.t! If it happened today we would have been on Nancy Grace. Just reporting the facts :)"

LOL! when you have that many kids you need to do something to keep track of them! my grandma, god bless her, was a little bit on the crazy side and this was certainly NOT the craziest thing she did!

well i went out for my walk but it was UGLY! i was SO SLOW and managed 3.5 miles. took me an hour to do it! i think i need a little break from the workouts. i'm 24 weeks today and need to not push too hard. my belly felt a little weird today too so i'm just gonna relax the rest of the day. well, as much as i can. maybe head to the pool for a bit but that's not exactly relaxing!

what i AM going to do right now is get thomas to stop jumping on me and try to do some DISing. let's go see what crazy things people are saying on the main threads...:eek: oh no! someone's using an old refillable mug! for shame!:eek:

Ok, now I'm really leaving for Providence...THANK YOU so much for all the good wishes! You know you guys and some Glee music will get me through the last miles -- hope it's not rude to have my ipod -- I just figure it's how I run! Hopefully I won't need it much because the bands will be awesome!

Everyone have a fabulous weekend! I'll definitely be chatting more next week when the race is behind me and the offspring is in NH!

Maria :upsidedow

Maria- We will be here cheering for you and awaiting your TR when you return....its a requirement.:goodvibes Good luck you will do great.

Nancy- I to am a formula fed child and I think I turned out ok.:confused3 Do not feel guilty if you have to give the baby formula. BF has some great benefits but the best benefit is to do whats right for your family...including keeping yourself and everyone around you sane. So if that means giving more formula then so be it. Anyone else who debates your decision just tell them to go pound sand.

One thing to consider with trying to pump. Especially when you are really filled up with milk. Try either hopping in the shower or holding warm compresses on your b@@bs for a few minutes prior to pumping. Then gently massage them with your thumb. That sometimes helps to open the milk ducts and to release the milk. You may already know this but I thought any tips I can offer from my peds experience could be helpful if you hadnt heard it before.

BF is not for everyone nor should anyone feel guilty for not doing it. Formula has been research to be made as close to BM as possible. Gosh imagine if we were saying this stuff on some of the main threads...Im sure they would order my hanging.:rotfl:

Rose- Your mother was quite a trip. Sorry you had to deal with her and that you did not have the support you needed from her.

Kathy- I hope you enjoyed your short day. I also hope michael was able to curtail his fears and do the zipline. How cool about the football uniform. I hope that he gets playing time too. That is just so difficult to deal with.

Well my nice kid free evening didnt exactly go as planned. I ended up having to meet with my physician site leader after work. She wanted to meet and I figured it was better to do it without kids vs. missing ryans practice next wk. Needless to say my dh wasnt to happy. He was bored. I didnt get home until 9. So there went that. It would have been nice to eat dinner together and just relax in our quiet house. It is what it is!

Today was a blur. Lots of stuff going on at work...including starting to give the flu vaccine. Gosh I cant believe its starting to be that time of year again. We only got our flumist so far but Im sure the flu shot is going to be at our office in the next few wks. uggh I hate flu vaccine season.

Tonight mike is going to dinner with his old coworkers. One of the girls from his dept found another job and today was her last day. They said the place is a complete mess and people are getting written up and threatened to be fired on a daily basis. He is so glad he left. Its great when you realize you made the right decision.:goodvibes

So its just me and the boys right now. I am not sure what to do with them because I am completely beat. We are going to have dinner shortly and then maybe a movie night...that way hopefully I can relax.:rolleyes1

Pretty busy weekend planned.

Sat- Kids race in the morning (nick only as ryan is still "resting" the leg). The we have ryans FB pics at 445 then a family fun night for the football players at the field.

Sun- Going to Eagles pre-season camp early in the morning. There preseason camp is at Lehigh University which is 15 min from our house. The boys are really excited for this. Then my inlaws are coming over and she is going to make homemade fried chicken. I have to say it is very good and she uses chicken breast not the bone/skin kind but the frying part...not so good.

Well I will talk to you all soon.

Good morning and a happy weekend to all of you!

Yesterday was a great day all around. Michael did the zipline!!:banana: He said climbing the ladder to the metal post on the tree was harder and scarier than actually riding the zipline. He had tried last year and had a hard time climbing up, so he stopped. He loved the whale watch, and they saw a bunch of whales. He took 120 pictures, and maybe 20 were of the whales, boat and ocean. There were pictures of eye balls, ears, ring pops, tables, and my favorite a strangers back pack covered in disney pins. :rotfl:
He was wiped last night, but wanted to watch a movie so we watched Moby Dick, but he fell asleep, and it was the new 2010 version that wasn't very good in my opinion.

I enjoyed my time alone. I ran/walked 5 miles, but was walked a little over the last mile because I needed the bathroom.:rolleyes1 I popped online for a few minutes, after my run while I drank my water, and then after a shower I sat on the porch and read my book, grilled dinner, and read some more til 6:30 when I went to pick up michael. I'm really enjoying the Michael J Fox book. I got a little choked up when he talked about his relationship with his Nana, and his Dad too. They were just regular, hard working people, and it just brought back some memories of my child hood too. I thought, jeez, I'm already emotional and he hasn't even talked much about the parkinsons. I'll need some tissues for sure.

We are heading to the uniform store at 9:30 for the rest of the football stuff, and may meet a friend for dinner, but otherwise, no plans today. Tomorrow we have my nieces' birthday party. I tracked every bite yesterday, and used my activity points, and 4 flex points, so that's one day on track so far!!

Lindsay- So sorry your night with dh didn't work out, and you had to stay at work. It stinks to have to give that up, but that was the right decision, so you can be with Ryan next week when he goes back to football practice. Oh, football pics. Of course, another way to spend some more money. They will be so cute. I like to get a magnet, and team pic for baseball, and he wants the baseball cards, and that brings it up to 35-40 bucks. I'd like to cut back to just magnets, but then I feel the pressure, and order more. Enjoy your busy weekend.

Lisa- I agree with Nancy, smart not to run in 93 degree heat. Guess summer has finally hit you! Just so you know it was only in the 70s here yesterday. Guess we don't often hit the same weather systems at the same time. Nice job getting back on track right away after vacation, and inspiring me. We can do this again, I know we can. We've done it before, and sucks that we backslide, but we will never give up. Hope you all are able to relax this weekend and unwind. It's so hard to come back from vacation, no matter what, but even harder if the vacation wasn't all you had hoped. :hug::goodvibes

Nancy- Do you have a clothes line if you need one? :lmao: Love your grandma. So funny. How else could she keep track of all of them. Probably another reason people have fewer kids, you can't tie them up like you used to. Listen to your body and don't over do it. You have been getting so much exercise in this pregnancy, and are in great shape, you will be fine if you take some days off from walking. When I was tired yesterday during my 5 miles, I thought of you and your motivation. 24 weeks!! That's like 6 months!! Our secretary at work is due the 18th, and she is looking so ready. She has a 3 year old, who never slept for months, so she praying this one's different.

Rose- Hope you have a relaxing weekend planned, too. :goodvibes

Taryn- Hope all went well getting back to work.:goodvibes

Maria-Have fun!!!:goodvibes

Enjoy your weekends!!

good morning everyone! it's 7:42am and i already am ready to kill DH. oh boy. this has the potential to be a loooong day.

maria i agree with lindsay in that we need a TR for the race!

lindsay thanks for the pumping info. i am SO not looking forward to that whole my-b@@bs-feel-like-two-rocks-ready-to-explode feeling. i AM hoping however that they will remember what it's like to bf and won't give me too many issues. 14 weeks of nonstop pain is just something i'm not ready to do again. but after that it was so easy! i will not be afraid to formula feed if need be. DH needs to do some night feedings. he got off so easy last time!! lol!

sorry that your kid free night didn't go as planned. boo! but it sounds like this weekend will be fun :) i almost went to lehigh actually - they gave me lots of $$ and were going to let me pick my own curriculum but there were too many hills at that school! :lmao: i did go an visit for an overnight, met a guy, and we dated for over a year! he even went to my prom with me. he was so dreamy.

have fun at the eagles training camp! sounds like fun. and that's coming from a giants fan ;)

kathy hope you have a nice relaxing weekend! so...any zipline stories?? how was whale watching??

hi lisa!

ok we're off to petco to drop the dog off to be groomed. then heading straight to the bronx zoo for opening aka get the employee discount on their breakfast. yes, we are cheap and often go to the zoo for breakfast! :lmao: we'll probably say hello and give a nasty look to cardboard cutout mickey if he's still here and check out the sea lions or something. home for nap and i have to go pick up a dessert for tonight. we'll head to the beach club for the seafood feast.

i'm taking a break from walking today but i'm sure i'll manage a mile or two at the zoo so that's good. i need a break though.

tomorrow we are supposed to go downtown to my aunt and uncle's to pick up a daybed that they're giving us. we might do a museum or park or something down there too.

next weekend john will probably take thomas to his parents' house for the day. i just don't go there anymore. i don't want to see them and they just want to see thomas so might as well let john take him and i can go see a movie instead. maybe i can try to finish The Help by then so i can see that movie!

anyway, that's my story. have a great day!! be back on later :)

oops i posted when kathy did.

sounds like michael had an awesome day! and he conquered the zipline! woot! very brave!

lol i bet the pictures he took were a trip! kids are so funny with a camera!

nice work on the 5 miles! i HATE having to pee when i'm out. during the princess i was so afraid of being swept that i must have peed 100 times before the race. my running capris are so tight that if i had to peel them off to pee there's NO way they'd get back on me!

glad the MJFox book is turning out to be a good one. he seems like a really nice guy. anytime he's on TV i want to hug him.

We were posting together. Sounds like a fun weekend for you, Nancy. Any discount on food that you don't have to cook sounds good to me. Have fun at the zoo.

Uggh, I am forcing myself to post, cause I so want to be anti-social and hole up in my room until all of this stuff is resolved. Waiting for something to happen that you have little control over just sucks. Mike sent an email to the HR guy on Friday, just asking if they needed anything else and if they were still on track to make some kind of decision next week.

Nancy--have fun at the seafood fest today!

Kathy--Woohoo for Michael! I really want to try a zipline, I can imagine climbing up is pretty scary!

Lindsay and Lisa--Have a good weekend!

My mom really is a piece of work. Those weren't even the words she used to express her concern for Mike. I am too embarrassed to even think about what she actually said. I know over the years I have said some things to Tom I have wanted to take back, but goodness, I don't think I've even come close to being that bad. And the reason I had all those complications has to do with the genetic disorder Tom has. It causes his skin to not exfoliate and also can cause labor and delivery complications. If I was in a regular hospital I'm sure they would have done a c-section way before it got to that point. But I was in a military hospital. But he was healthy--thank goodness--so I could live with the complications. It could have been worse.:goodvibes

Have a great Saturday. I'm sure at some point today, mine will involve bourbon of some sort.:rolleyes1 But not too much cause we are running tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter