Biggest Loser "Sizzlin' Hot" Summer Challenge

I'm open to suggestions for Disney themes for Healthy Habits.

I will post more in the intro to HH box, but I wanted to give a quick snapshot. Each week will have a Disney theme. I'm doing a scaled-back version of HH for the summer challenge because summers bring their own challenges. It is harder to track everything you eat 7 days a week, when you attend a different potluck BBQ every other week, etc. I think everyone will enjoy this "approach." If anyone has any ideas for a Disney theme, please PM me. I want to make as much of HH a surprise as possible. TIA!

Hey Janis!

I'm in again! Not sure how much I will be posting between now and our 12 day PCC3.0 and our 7 nights at Disney but I will need to be back here again after that trip! I didn't post and do weigh ins as much as I should have the last challenge but hopefully I will be back in full control in mid July! I will coach at some point as well.

Thanks for doing this again! I know how much work it is!

TTFN :tigger:

I'm in!!

I'm hoping to be in ONEDERLAND come the end of this challenge!! I'll be home most of this challenge except for 3 days in July when we're going to Vegas to celebrate our anniversary. I hope to be part of the challenge more but we'll see how it goes. I'm part of this BLC and another one on Sparkpeople. I've added email notifications so I know when people are posting so hopefully that will help me to stay in more contact with the thread.

In as a Loser again! Definitely hoping to participate more this time and hoping to stick with HH! I did ok last challenge, it was by far my most successful weight loss experience! I made it to ONE-derland, which was such a great feeling! Despite slacking off the past couple of weeks, I am still in ONE-derland. My wedding is coming up sooo fast! It's down to crunch time now, only 4 months and 20 days to go! I would like to lose at least 40 pounds by then, which is do-able but is going to take a lot of discipline! I am hoping that this challenge will get me back on track so I can be happy with my body on my wedding day!

Good luck to everyone!!

OOOh. I'm in. I dont think I have done one of these in years! And I have gained quite a bit, so this is just the motivation I need!

I'm so excited to join you! I'm joining in as a loser and will have plenty of time because my current show ends on june twenty fourth. Can't wait to see what happens.

count me in! I lost 48 pounds during the last challenge and want to lose 25 more before my son leaves for college!

I'm in! This will be great for summer! We will be in WDW the first week, but I'll still check in.

Melinda

I can't wait for this challenge! This will be my first one and I am so determined to lose some weight before our trip to Disney in September! Just hope I can stick to it after many failed attempts with weight watchers. Come on June 1st....:thumbsup2

Hello everyone!! I'm in for summer too :cool1: This last challenge really helped me get my exercising up, so this time I will focus on eating better (and keep the exercising up too!!). It should be easier to eat more fruits and vegies in the summer, so I'm excited to get started!! Good luck to all!

--Lynda

Can't wait for the summer challenge. :)

Looking forward to summer and summer break for dd. The two of us are working some plans for a routine of fitness. For me it will be that strength and fitness and extra cardio to help burn some of this fat off, for her mostly(well ALL, since she doesn't have an ounce of fat on her) about arm/shoulder strength but some leg and core strength too so she can master some tumbling skills and hopefully fully join some gymnastic classes when I get working. I wanted to see if I could get her going for some stuff to do this summer, it may end up just being us working on in preparation for later. We are working on details to get her going on some gymnastics classes. I'm thinking she might start with tumbling at the YMCA this summer to get some arm strength. She's been practicing like crazy here and there. She had a trial gymnastic class and had a ball. She loved it all.

I have a volunteer position I'll be doing here in a week or so and it has a chance to turn into paid work if they like how I work. The agency placing me there seems to say they see a lot of hiring after a few weeks when they determine how you work. The place is a dementia home and it seems like something I'd like doing. Fits in closer to my goal to work as a medical assistant some day and start repaying the loans I had to take the certification classes.

One thing so far she is pretty well mastered in the line of gymnastics, a bridge(backbend). Cartwheels are going to take a lot more arm strength on her she has poor muscle tone in her arms. Kid has to boost her protein more. Tempted to let her try protein shakes or soy based pediasure like drinks(doesn't really digest cows milk well) while she works on building muscle. I think she's gotten some baby muscles going in the last couple weeks. I think we are gonna work on doing 30 Day Shred. And walks in the neighborhood here especially down to the parks where she can work on doing monkey bars. The coach she had for her free trial class told her push ups and monkey bars and she finally believed me when I told her she needed more shoulder/arm strength to do the cart wheels she keeps trying for. She's improved slightly.

Here she is with my cell's camera she's in the purple shorts and pink leotard.

zoebridge by Melissa Campbell, on Flickr

Lookie the flowers my sweet Zoe found odd jobs cleaning and such to buy for me. Plus the chocolates in the second pic. I know, I know. They were yummy and I shared.

On Mother's Day loading up the truck to go to a little waterpark public pool. Cheap entertainment at $1 for kids and 2.25 for adults.

IMG_20120513_115725 by Melissa Campbell, on Flickr

IMG_20120513_110702 by Melissa Campbell, on Flickr

So nice to see so many new and returning participants! :goodvibes

I will post a warm up question at the beginning of next week before my official coaching gig starts on June 1st. In the meantime please feel free to join us in the chit chat on the Spring Challenge thread where we are yakking until the results come out soon. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850167&page=84

Looking forward to a great Summer Challenge! :yay:

Can't wait for the summer challenge. :)

Looking forward to summer and summer break for dd. The two of us are working some plans for a routine of fitness. For me it will be that strength and fitness and extra cardio to help burn some of this fat off, for her mostly(well ALL, since she doesn't have an ounce of fat on her) about arm/shoulder strength but some leg and core strength too so she can master some tumbling skills and hopefully fully join some gymnastic classes when I get working. I wanted to see if I could get her going for some stuff to do this summer, it may end up just being us working on in preparation for later. We are working on details to get her going on some gymnastics classes. I'm thinking she might start with tumbling at the YMCA this summer to get some arm strength. She's been practicing like crazy here and there. She had a trial gymnastic class and had a ball. She loved it all.

I have a volunteer position I'll be doing here in a week or so and it has a chance to turn into paid work if they like how I work. The agency placing me there seems to say they see a lot of hiring after a few weeks when they determine how you work. The place is a dementia home and it seems like something I'd like doing. Fits in closer to my goal to work as a medical assistant some day and start repaying the loans I had to take the certification classes.

One thing so far she is pretty well mastered in the line of gymnastics, a bridge(backbend). Cartwheels are going to take a lot more arm strength on her she has poor muscle tone in her arms. Kid has to boost her protein more. Tempted to let her try protein shakes or soy based pediasure like drinks(doesn't really digest cows milk well) while she works on building muscle. I think she's gotten some baby muscles going in the last couple weeks. I think we are gonna work on doing 30 Day Shred. And walks in the neighborhood here especially down to the parks where she can work on doing monkey bars. The coach she had for her free trial class told her push ups and monkey bars and she finally believed me when I told her she needed more shoulder/arm strength to do the cart wheels she keeps trying for. She's improved slightly.

Here she is with my cell's camera she's in the purple shorts and pink leotard.

Lookie the flowers my sweet Zoe found odd jobs cleaning and such to buy for me. Plus the chocolates in the second pic. I know, I know. They were yummy and I shared.

On Mother's Day loading up the truck to go to a little waterpark public pool. Cheap entertainment at $1 for kids and 2.25 for adults.

How great that you are doing the fitness together! My DS needs encouragement to stay active and I love it when I can get him to go to the Y with me!

LOVE that your DD was proactive and responsible enough to think ahead to Mother's Day and take on the jobs and buy the gift! You are raising a superior child! Thanks for sharing...................P

Me! Me! Me!!!

I am singing joyful Me-Me-Mes to this challenge!!! Just what I need to lose and get fit before our 20th anniversary cruise!!! :) I'll also be turning 45...so many milestones..I want to be out of the OBESE category for sure by then, but think with y'alls encouragment I might make it into healthy numbers!! :)

Here's my story...Yo-Yo Extraordinaire! :)
Gained 90 pounds in 9th grade 9 (stress eater...family had a rough patch)
Lost 100 pounds my freshman year in college (left the stress, lived better!)
Gained 60 pounds with first child, 40 pounds with 2nd and 25 pounds with third, BUT they were all born in 4 years and never managed to drop those pounds from the previous ones.
Hit 233..lost down to 174 about 6 years ago, but then we hit a rough patch, had 2 houses for 31 months...the debt about sank me and my eating! We sold the house and I have been on a 'GET BACK TO FIT' ever since. I weighed January 2011 at 265!!! Oh my goodness!! I started walking on the treadmill and working on getting my exercise and food in sync. So far, as of Sunday (my weigh day)...I have lost 51 pounds!!!
I am 214!! And I hope to be 205 by June 1st or close to it. For this challenge, I would be sooo thrilled to lose 45 pounds to hit 160 before the cruise, but anything between 30 and 45 pounds gone will be joy worthy :)

Right now, my calories are 1200-1500 a day and try to make 1/2 my calories raw foods, I vary my workouts, either walk 15 miles a week or 30...I would like to get back to p90x, but so hard to do by yourself...I feel I get more work out for my time with the treadmill..(I use weights for arms and do some get down with it boogying on there :)) I also have Zumba Fitness on Xbox...may try that...once the weather warms more I can start swimming more laps...got up to 75 laps last year... I am going to go find that 50 pound clippie and add it to my siggie!! Can't wait ...I had earned the 65 pound clippie 6 years ago, now I have to re-earn it (very short pity party :hug:) but I think I can do that in 3-4 weeks easy! :) Then on to the 70 and BEYOND!! :)

Look forward to meeting each of you and encouraging you on your journey to fitness!! W.I.S.H. is awesome and it is so wonderful to see old monikers from my losing days :)

lmhall2000 I would love to hear how you like zumba on xbox! My kids have been wanting an xbox for a long time and I'm thinking I would like it for the zumba!! haha!! Sounds fun.
--Lynda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter