Biggest Loser "Sizzlin' Hot" Summer Challenge

lmhall2000 I would love to hear how you like zumba on xbox! My kids have been wanting an xbox for a long time and I'm thinking I would like it for the zumba!! haha!! Sounds fun.
--Lynda
I got Zumba fitness rush...it is awesome! Really burns when you do the hour! It has the Kinect so follows all your movements and rates you on precision! Very motivating!

Me! Me! Me!!!

I am singing joyful Me-Me-Mes to this challenge!!! Just what I need to lose and get fit before our 20th anniversary cruise!!! :) I'll also be turning 45...so many milestones..I want to be out of the OBESE category for sure by then, but think with y'alls encouragment I might make it into healthy numbers!! :)

Here's my story...Yo-Yo Extraordinaire! :)
Gained 90 pounds in 9th grade 9 (stress eater...family had a rough patch)
Lost 100 pounds my freshman year in college (left the stress, lived better!)
Gained 60 pounds with first child, 40 pounds with 2nd and 25 pounds with third, BUT they were all born in 4 years and never managed to drop those pounds from the previous ones.
Hit 233..lost down to 174 about 6 years ago, but then we hit a rough patch, had 2 houses for 31 months...the debt about sank me and my eating! We sold the house and I have been on a 'GET BACK TO FIT' ever since. I weighed January 2011 at 265!!! Oh my goodness!! I started walking on the treadmill and working on getting my exercise and food in sync. So far, as of Sunday (my weigh day)...I have lost 51 pounds!!!
I am 214!! And I hope to be 205 by June 1st or close to it. For this challenge, I would be sooo thrilled to lose 45 pounds to hit 160 before the cruise, but anything between 30 and 45 pounds gone will be joy worthy :)

Right now, my calories are 1200-1500 a day and try to make 1/2 my calories raw foods, I vary my workouts, either walk 15 miles a week or 30...I would like to get back to p90x, but so hard to do by yourself...I feel I get more work out for my time with the treadmill..(I use weights for arms and do some get down with it boogying on there :)) I also have Zumba Fitness on Xbox...may try that...once the weather warms more I can start swimming more laps...got up to 75 laps last year... I am going to go find that 50 pound clippie and add it to my siggie!! Can't wait ...I had earned the 65 pound clippie 6 years ago, now I have to re-earn it (very short pity party :hug:) but I think I can do that in 3-4 weeks easy! :) Then on to the 70 and BEYOND!! :)

Look forward to meeting each of you and encouraging you on your journey to fitness!! W.I.S.H. is awesome and it is so wonderful to see old monikers from my losing days :)

Thanks so much for sharing your story! It is nice to meet someone new on this life-long journey! Often one of our first QOTD involve introducing ourselves.... you got a jump on it!

No more talking about Zumba for Xbox.... DS is already trying to talk me into an Xbox "for you Mom!" so that we can buy the Disney game. I don't need anything else to put the pressure on! We don't need any more games!:laughing:

Just a quick hello to everyone! I already posted on the "no excuses" thread, so I won't repeat myself here. TTYL....................P

I just got Zumba today for the Wii! It was a blast - but oh so exhausting! I'm so sore now!! I think Zumba will be much easier to stick with than the traditional workouts - so much more fun!

Count me in- I start hard training for race season first week of June (on vacation till the 5th) and figure this will keep me motivated as I attempt 3 halfs, 1 10miler and a full within the next 7 months :)

Count me in- I start hard training for race season first week of June (on vacation till the 5th) and figure this will keep me motivated as I attempt 3 halfs, 1 10miler and a full within the next 7 months :)

Hey stranger! Nice to see you back with us!...........P

:wave2:

I need to use this next challenge to make my changes stick. I have to conquer food!

Whoohoo! I am totally ready for the summer challenge! I signed up as a maintainer, but wouldn't mind if I lost :)

Jill

Morning Everyone!

Just checking in to say that you will love the Summer Challenge. :cool1:

I haven't figured out my goals yet. Right now I am working on not gaining until I see my nutritionist on June 5. I'm doing that by keeping my portions in control and exercising as much as possible.

I also wanted to say that I'm up for as much tough love as you are willing to give. I have got to get rid of some of these extra pounds.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Hey all! I am in! I started one of these challenges awhile ago, but I have never finished and have gained a lot of weight since then. :( We literally just got back from our (non-dis) vacay, and I put on like another 6 or 7 pounds. So bummed! So here I am!! I am planning on going back on WW and I try to run 3 times a week. Both went out the door on vacay, so that was the problem there. I am back, though!!! Let's do this thing! :)

Hi everyone! So glad to be signed on for the summer challenge. The spring challenge was my first BL challenge here, and it was what I needed - I got to goal! So I'm coming to the summer challenge as a maintainer, and this summer will be a challenge.

We'll be on vacation June 22 - July 6 (Podcast Cruise 3.0 followed by a week at AKL - our first 2-week vacay *ever*!). Then we're around until the third week in August, when we'll be at Myrtle Beach.

I'm bringing my running shoes...I just restarted a C25K program after recovering from a broken toe. I was over halfway through the program when I broke the toe, and the little program coach thingie recommended I start over, which seemed like a good idea to me. I'd been doing the exercise bike the whole time, and I was really happy to find that going back to the beginning was pretty good!

My other fitness favorite is Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30. I think that interval style is what bumped me out of a very long plateau, and I've seen a huge difference in my body since doing those.

I'm (officially again!) a lifetime WW member and really believe in that program, too. But it wasn't until the spring challenge that I kicked my exercise up to a much higher level. DH and I are now signed up to run the Tower of Terror 10-miler at the end of September and the Donald 1/2 Marathon in January. I'm excited and kind of freaked out!

This summer challenge will also see me turn 40 (on August 1st), and I am loving the idea of hitting 40 with this major accomplishment going strong.

Welcome to the newbies, and hello to my spring challenge buddies - let's rock this thing! :cool1:

XO
Liz

I'm going to give this another go. DS and his GF FINALLY got engaged and will be married next year. They've been together for 6 years. He called me year 2...."She's a keeper, Mom." I really want and need to be a healthy weight when the wedding comes. With summer vacation coming, I will have more time to focus on me and not school, so my fingers are crossed that my will can be strong. I'll be out for a week in July and one in August, but I am here, and ready to move.

I am in...did a BL challenge a couple of years ago, and lost 20 or so pounds, and of course, put it back on since then. My "want to lose #" is higher than I care to admit, so this challenge, along with the Monthly Exercise minutes thread, is going to be the kick in the pants I need.

looking forward to summer and to getting to know everyone in the challenge!

Dahly

Hello all.

Had a lot of success with the Spring challenge and can't believe I ended up in the top 10. Have been a bit of a slacker the last 2 weeks and know that when I weigh in on Friday, I will be slightly up from my finishing the last challenge.

Not sure of my goals yet. Working on developing them now.

I have started using myfitnesspal and would love to have any other users of this program as friends on there to help keep us motivated even more. Please PM here on the DIS if you want to be friends on MFP.

Looking forward to the challenge.

Christopher

Hi all!! :wave: I did a challenge in 2007, I lost a bit but put on a bit more. I could really benefit from some support on this journey. Looking forward to joining you all as a LOSER!!

Kim

It won't let me PM anybody until I have made 10 posts. Please add me to the summer challenge. Also warning there will be random posts to follow as I want to get past that magical 10 post minimum :)

CC let me know how the nutritionist goes. I am thinking about doing that too.

Will do!

Can we start now...........

I'm antsy!!

Same here! The scale is moving in the right direction now and I am looking forward to a successful challenge! I love the support!

It won't let me PM anybody until I have made 10 posts. Please add me to the summer challenge. Also warning there will be random posts to follow as I want to get past that magical 10 post minimum :)

Not a problem. :) We have great ideas for helping you reach 10 posts. What is your name? We try to use our names or nicknames or however you want to be addressed. I go by CC which is short for Christina.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter