Biggest Pet Peeve(s) when you visit Disney?

I've encountered a group of people walking side-by-side on a narrow path. I'm coming from the opposite direction, and the group would not move to single file to allow me to pass. I had to move out of their way or we would have bumped into each other.

Aside from going home, my biggest pet peeve (before Disney finally cracked down on them) was those who take massive strollers into the Parks and use them like battering rams, or even Panzer tanks. My hatred of them is well-documented.

Aside from going home, my biggest pet peeve (before Disney finally cracked down on them) was those who take massive strollers into the Parks and use them like battering rams, or even Panzer tanks. My hatred of them is well-documented.
Thing is though, Disney didn't really crack down on them. Was there May 20-22 and they were still all over. Didn't even see those measuring templates someone posted pics of. So I think it was all lip service. Even saw a few of the wagons.

sometimes I think alot of bad behaviour by park guests is due to

1. Not being used to walking in a group on a crowded city street with narrow pavements
2. Not being used to using a stroller, EVC or wheelchair on a crowded city street with narrow pavements
3. Not being used to using public transport
4. Not being used to managing strollers on public transport

When you drive everywhere in your regular day to day life you dont become aware and learn about personal space and how to manage in a very crowded pedestrian place
I agree when space is a living commodity you’re more aware of surroundings and practices.

I’m on vacation and I try to relax. I’m very type A but I try my best to enjoy the moment because I am in Disney. I would say for me walking pet peeves are my issue because I have motor skills related health issue. Trying to remember to stay to the right for traffic flow which is hard if you’re from a different country and trying not to stop in a walkway if you’re not sure where you are going. Those are things that can cause me to stumble and get hurt. Everything else are inconveniences but not detrimental. I just go with the flow.

I too, try to be very tolerant of the craziness around me but on our last trip we paid extra for the Star Wars Dessert Party and a father/mother/son barged right up to the front of the reserved area for fireworks viewing. They did not have party bracelets on but charged forward anyway. They totally blocked my disabled DH's view from his scooter and then the father picked up the son and placed him on his shoulders. The son proceeded to swing his light saber all around while his parents ignored him. And yes, mom was recording the whole thing on her iPad blocking the fireworks even more. I did make some rather loud comments about the iPad blocking our view but she was clueless. I am convinced that some people feel that they exist in their own world oblivious to the rest of us........

Thing is though, Disney didn't really crack down on them. Was there May 20-22 and they were still all over. Didn't even see those measuring templates someone posted pics of. So I think it was all lip service. Even saw a few of the wagons.
Really? I was under the impression that they were finally doing something about it, or maybe either the CMs are being too lax in enforcing the rule or they quietly dropped it because too many entitled parents were whining about it.

On my 2016 trip the disney dads were awful...all these 35-42 ish bro dudes with baseball hats and sunglasses who were OBVIOUSLY annoyed to be at WDW, like theyd rather be home playing video games or "watching entertainment" solo at home...so many dudes yelling at/hitting their kids, my DH was mortified and said to one guy who was yelling at his family "Why didnt you just stay home and send grandma with your wife and kids?".It was especially bad at EPCOT, where the dudes were fueled up with beer. Ive been on a ton of trips since 2005 and never saw so many disgruntled and frankly mean dads as I did in 2016.
It wasn’t much better in 2017 for us either, we actually watched a woman drop her baby on her head whilst she was juggling three beers from one of the F&W booths ... the beer was more important to the mom and she wondered why she got filthy looks from everyone around her when her baby girl screamed her lungs out and went purple.. there were others vomiting all over the path between the France pavilion and the bridge over to the UK pavilion . It was disgusting to see and a poor CM with just a dustpan and brush was expected to clean up after them whilst they discussed where to get their next beer!! It’s put me off the whole festival especially when grumpy families were forcing their kids to keep going until midnight and anyone could see those kiddos of theirs were already way too young to be up and active and were in fact shattered and crying they wanted to go to bed but nope they were not allowed coz Momma and Poppa spent all their money on this trip they were gonna have their moneys worth out of it sheesh...they split one salted pretzel between 7 kids to shut them up, after following them along the very packed walkway we discovered they hadn’t even eaten a meal since breakfast or had a drink.. that annoyed me no end. DH had to remind me to leave it alone and just hope those kiddos didn’t come to any harm. I had to remind myself there are public water fountains around if the kids can reach them.

It wasn’t much better in 2017 for us either, we actually watched a woman drop her baby on her head whilst she was juggling three beers from one of the F&W booths ... the beer was more important to the mom and she wondered why she got filthy looks from everyone around her when her baby girl screamed her lungs out and went purple.. there were others vomiting all over the path between the France pavilion and the bridge over to the UK pavilion . It was disgusting to see and a poor CM with just a dustpan and brush was expected to clean up after them whilst they discussed where to get their next beer!! It’s put me off the whole festival especially when grumpy families were forcing their kids to keep going until midnight and anyone could see those kiddos of theirs were already way too young to be up and active and were in fact shattered and crying they wanted to go to bed but nope they were not allowed coz Momma and Poppa spent all their money on this trip they were gonna have their moneys worth out of it sheesh...they split one salted pretzel between 7 kids to shut them up, after following them along the very packed walkway we discovered they hadn’t even eaten a meal since breakfast or had a drink.. that annoyed me no end. DH had to remind me to leave it alone and just hope those kiddos didn’t come to any harm. I had to remind myself there are public water fountains around if the kids can reach them.
In full disclosure, I dont really drink, maybe one cocktail a month, if that...I dont adults who like a drink, but these parents guzzling beer and wine (because theyre not driving, maybe?) and out til 10, 11 with 2-6 year olds and babies. Geez! That poor baby dropped by its own mom! We dont go to Epcot after 4pm, too much boozing. Im sure Iger loves the $$$ from the booze sales, but all these "drink around the world" tshirts in what was a family friendly venue is upsetting. But the grumpy,bitter dads really got to me.Why go if you're going to yell at your family and make other guests and castmembers miserable? Sad.

MK has plenty for kiddies, Leave Epcot to the festivals and adults who want some drinks. We've been going every F&W since 2013 and our kids are all 20-somethings. So we didn't do it while we had littles. We did heavy MK and AK on our kiddo trips. And we took them out of parks and put them to bed by about 10pm. ANd we have NEVER thrown up at WDW from over imbibing. We did have friends with us one trip where we were feeling pretty good and closed the park and then went to ESPN club. But I remember the whole night and did not throw up and we weren't acting rowdy. I know how to be responsible. PLEASE let me have some adult atmosphere at WDW. I have DVC points to use in my tweener years (between having little kids...my own kids and my grand kids).

Last edited:
Really? I was under the impression that they were finally doing something about it, or maybe either the CMs are being too lax in enforcing the rule or they quietly dropped it because too many entitled parents were whining about it.

No wagons when I just visited. Double strollers were still there but they are within the size limit.

In full disclosure, I dont really drink, maybe one cocktail a month, if that...I dont adults who like a drink, but these parents guzzling beer and wine (because theyre not driving, maybe?) and out til 10, 11 with 2-6 year olds and babies. Geez! That poor baby dropped by its own mom! We dont go to Epcot after 4pm, too much boozing. Im sure Iger loves the $$$ from the booze sales, but all these "drink around the world" tshirts in what was a family friendly venue is upsetting. But the grumpy,bitter dads really got to me.Why go if you're going to yell at your family and make other guests and castmembers miserable? Sad.
It amazes me even now how the Mom was more bothered about keeping hold of the beer than picking up her own baby to see if they needed any medical help... she just looked at the poor mite while juggling the clear plastic cups... another mom had to pick the little one up and calm them.The baby’s Dad didn’t even realise what happened he was too busy talking to the other men in their group when it happened.. once he realised he wasn’t a happy camper but kept walking muttering under his breath.
I’m all for adults enjoying the parks and remembering that alcohol hits harder in hot humid weather. Thankfully this was a one off not all families are like that one but still to me quite shocking to see at the time.

The common theme here which is inconsiderate people. Line cutters, people changing their babies' diapers on park benches and on buses, people throwing trash on the ground, people feeding the ducks and birds, people yelling and threatening their kids.

It makes me twitch when someone comes home from WDW and declares that they had the worst time and it turns out it's all because they didn't do even the bare minimum research. "We couldn't get in anywhere to eat" "All these people paid to have Fastpasses to get in the front of the line meanwhile we waited 2 hours" "My daughter loves (insert character) and they weren't even there!" "It turns out Harry Potter is in a whole other park miles away!" :headache:

The common theme here which is inconsiderate people. Line cutters, people changing their babies' diapers on park benches and on buses, people throwing trash on the ground, people feeding the ducks and birds, people yelling and threatening their kids.

It makes me twitch when someone comes home from WDW and declares that they had the worst time and it turns out it's all because they didn't do even the bare minimum research. "We couldn't get in anywhere to eat" "All these people paid to have Fastpasses to get in the front of the line meanwhile we waited 2 hours" "My daughter loves (insert character) and they weren't even there!" "It turns out Harry Potter is in a whole other park miles away!" :headache:
Yep that one always amazes me too, fancy having the nerve not to have everything in one convenient location:rolleyes2 and if they did some research they would know to book FastPass+ and ADRs in advance.. it’s become a necessity these days..to get the best experiences for the days you plan to be in the parks. So many people still have no idea how far from WDW property the Universal parks are or that there’s now Volcano Bay water park up there along with the lovely modern hotels too. It’s so simple to take an Uber or Lyft car up there and back it’s really not a problem if they just downloaded the apps to their phones. It also baffles me how many people think the airlines from the UK will only land at MCO ( they also land at Sanford and they probably need a prepaid coach transfer) and that transport will be taken care of somehow... well they also need to research car hire and insurance too. I talked to a family just a couple of weeks ago who spent three weeks in Orlando went to two parks and moaned just as you said. I asked them how much research and planning they did before going. The dad said he thought they’d be fine he went as a kid and boy how things have changed since he last visited. I said you have to research prep plan book and pack in advance these days. I got the impression next time the whole family with either get involved planning or go elsewhere.

I've encountered a group of people walking side-by-side on a narrow path. I'm coming from the opposite direction, and the group would not move to single file to allow me to pass. I had to move out of their way or we would have bumped into each other.
For these folks I simply stop in the middle of the path and make them go around me. And I'm not a small man either.

Mine would be the wondering child. Parents are on one side of the walk way with their noses in their phones and their kids/kids are on the other side.

It’s very sad when parents are screaming at their kids... last trip I saw a child at the entrance of ToT crying and telling mom he was scared and didn’t want to ride. The mom totally lost it and screamed at the kid, saying that he’s ruining the whole family’s vacation... which, of course, only made the poor guy cry harder. So much for making magical family memories :(

That is just sad. When I take our youngest somewhere, especially a place as big as Disney, I am always on her time. She just turned 6 and Im not going to push her to do things that she doesn't want to do or that scares her.

Yep that one always amazes me too, fancy having the nerve not to have everything in one convenient location:rolleyes2 and if they did some research they would know to book FastPass+ and ADRs in advance.. it’s become a necessity these days..to get the best experiences for the days you plan to be in the parks. So many people still have no idea how far from WDW property the Universal parks are or that there’s now Volcano Bay water park up there along with the lovely modern hotels too. It’s so simple to take an Uber or Lyft car up there and back it’s really not a problem if they just downloaded the apps to their phones. It also baffles me how many people think the airlines from the UK will only land at MCO ( they also land at Sanford and they probably need a prepaid coach transfer) and that transport will be taken care of somehow... well they also need to research car hire and insurance too. I talked to a family just a couple of weeks ago who spent three weeks in Orlando went to two parks and moaned just as you said. I asked them how much research and planning they did before going. The dad said he thought they’d be fine he went as a kid and boy how things have changed since he last visited. I said you have to research prep plan book and pack in advance these days. I got the impression next time the whole family with either get involved planning or go elsewhere.
It took us a bit as a family to be able to afford our 1st trip in 2005, but you better believe I researched it first, as I hadnt been to WDW prior since going with my parents as a teen. I wasnt going to spend thousands & "wing" it, so I went here and another famous site and educated myself.We had an INSANE trip, so much pixie dust! Granted,it was right after Hurricane Katrina, so the parks were empty,we walked on everything! But what made it special was interacting with CMs,my son having a great 7th birthday (including being picked to open HS).It amazes me when people say "Im going to Disney" and have zero plans and resources.Its not like going to Six Flags!!!

I saw a couple new ones on our last trip. I work for a vet so I pay attention to animals. I saw at least a half dozen “service animals” that were clearly not trained to behave in public which means the owners probably bought a vest online and slapped it on their dog to avoid paying for kenneling. I love dogs. I don’t want your hyper/aggressive one trying to eat the scraps of my meal. And I use a wheelchair while in the parks because of stamina issues. There was a lady that entered the queue with us at small world... she had an ancient looking Yorkie in a pet stroller which she had somehow managed to get a stroller as a wheelchair tag for and was using all the wheelchair entrances to rides....because of the dog! No one else in the party was in a wheelchair or EVC. These kinds of things make it so much harder on people who legitimately have disabilities and need their service dogs and alternate entrances.

Just got back, and I thought of this thread several times. Two peeves I can think of right now are:

1. Not listening to and/or following the directions of the cast members, announcements, and signs. A young woman almost fell out of the monorail while it was parked because she was leaning against the door (didn't have to be, had just decided that was comfy) while buried in her cellular device. They opened the doors and girlfriend almost went hind-end over tea kettle out the door.

2. Related to the first....GET. OFF. YOUR. PHONE!!!!!!!! I understand looking for fastpasses or playing games and such when in line or any other time that you're not supposed to be actively doing something. But walking through a crowded park, never looking up from the doggone phone while everyone else has to maneuver around YOU? No. And leaving a huge gap in a long line of tired people who are trying to get on the monorail or into an attraction because you're too busy showing your friend pictures of something that isn't even related to Disney and happened last winter? No. Just No. There is plenty of down time at Disney to scroll through a million pictures or play games, or do whatever on social media...but there are also plenty of times when that really isn't what you should be doing!

Two big ones - to us.
1. Out of control kids running, screaming, playing with food in restaurants - danger to themselves and others while dad & mom are having a grand time ignoring them.
2. Ever starting serving alcohol at the parks. Have been going since MK opened in '71 and all was good and people were happy, so can't see anything is for the better - but have seen lots for the worse. (At the most, select restaurants only.) But, I understand, Disney is making tons of $$$'s on it, so they are happy, and that's 'all' they are concerned with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter