Biggest Pet Peeve(s) when you visit Disney?

MooseBucks

Living the Dream
Mine is without a doubt people who try to cut in line or leave and come back up with their group. I get kids have bathroom emergencies but there is no reason for 6 people to cut through the line. Other one is people yelling at their kids. If you’re threatening to hit your kid at Disney I feel truly sorry for how their home life could be.

People who do not do the research needed to plan a WDW trip and either
1. Complain cause they are not having a good time (for example: why are all the restaurants booked?) or
2. Latch on to a planner and expect the planner to do all the work, and not actually following their advice. (For example: you mean I gotta read maps? Why don’t we just follow you?)
3. Act like you know everything about WDW when you have no clue. (For example: The Harry Potter ride is over in UK Epcot.)

It's a toss up I have a couple that are too close to call. Number one people taking photos or video recording night time shows or dark rides without turning off their flash or dimming their screens.

The second is six foot tall dad's who hoist their eight year olds on their shoulders seconds before a show begins, blocking rows of folks behind them. I only stood on a curb, behind a trash can, for over an hour to be blocked at the last minute by that one, true story. It was my second night trying to get a view of the projections on the castle.

This is coming from someone who has children that I have held at hip level so they aren't an outrageous obstruction. At least give me a fighting chance by warning me or hold your kid up there the whole time so I can move before hand. I also have the common courtesy to dim and shield my screen while holding it in front of my own face during recording. One lady had what looked like the flashlight feature on her phone on while recording. Which she was extending it out like a beacon. She could have prevented ships from crashing on the rocky shores along the New England coast if properly positioned. An elderly man finally put his hand in front of her phone because it was bright and adjacent to his wife's face and she got the hint. I wish these were isolated instances. If I had to guess the people I saw were in their thirties, old enough to know better. Heck my kids had more courtesy at age ten.

Overall lack of consideration and common courtesy by some people...and adults too busy looking at their phones to notice their kids are climbing all over railings or rolling on the floor or other such behavior...and also people who let kids ride on their ETVs...that’s just so dangerous..

1. Double-wide strollers and people who use strollers as rolling storage units.
2. People who decide the best place to stop is in a doorway or in the middle of a walkway.
3. People who try to run at rope drop.
4. People who take the "move fwd and fill in all available space" to heart. A little personal space is a good thing. You don't need to be in my back pocket while standing in line to order QS.
5. Groups that want to walk 6 across like they are the only people in the park.
6. People show up early for their FP and stand in the way waiting.

Definitely agree with everything here, but I found a new one on my last trip; people who are so preoccupied with their phones in ride queues that they don't notice when the line moves. It got so bad in the Big Thunder line that a CM had to come over the speaker and remind everyone to keep up with the party in front of them. I don't remember it ever being that bad before, and it drove me crazy :headache: And this is coming from a 20-something who definitely spends a lot of time on her phone :upsidedow

Another one that seemed to have gotten really bad on my last trip - parents letting their kids watch videos on their phones in ride queues with the volume turned up loud and no headphones. The one that stuck out to me was in the Soarin queue, when we were getting close to the boarding area; everything echoes in there so it was super loud. Also, a kid in a stroller right next to me watching a movie through the entirety of HEA with the volume turned all the way up. And his mom was one of the people recording the fireworks with the flash on :rolleyes:

Definitely agree with everything here, but I found a new one on my last trip; people who are so preoccupied with their phones in ride queues that they don't notice when the line moves.

Disney is partially to blame for this. In 2008, 2010 and 2012 I didn't even bring my phone to the parks. Now you have to have it to check ride times, change FP's, etc.

Strollers and wagons. Double strollers. Some groups walking side by side with strollers. Folks using stroller as battering ram. Folks waiting until they are stepping on bus to stop amd fold up stroller. Then they sit by door to bus with big beast stroller blocking walk way. Folks taking up monorail cabin with big beast stroller while their kids aren't even in said stroller and then take up seats. Or even worse they let toddler push stroller and again it becomes battering ram. Going through bag check and park enter behind stroller. Most of time stroller is loaded with crap and bag check folks have to search through it all.

generally I try not to chime in on these and let much get to me so I can relax and enjoy myself but... somehow I always get stuck watching fireworks, a ride (test track last trip), etc. through someone else’s phone or iPad screen which I guess is better than not seeing it at all because kids are on shoulders blocking my view??? Also I’ve plenty of friends capable of putting me on their shoulders if we ever went to the parks together - bet it’s not allowed though. I’m always surprised about rules like that where you’re not allowed on shoulders in pools and stuff but for some reason kids on shoulders for shows and fireworks is allowed. Ok tangent over, go back to your grumbling!

People walking backwards (usually when taking photos) then acting all surprised when they bang into somebody.

Flash photography on dark rides, it ruins the hauntedness on the Haunted Mansion.
People who will stop and stand and dwaddle before deciding to move in front of something. For example: Picking a side at Big Thunder Mtn, Leaving Buzz lightyear

Another one is going to a lounge for a drink and it taking 30 minutes just to have server take order because lounge is packed and they only have 2 servers working ...ahem, Mizner's, TOTWL, Outer Rim Lounge, Victoria Falls, Sanaa Lounge, The Wave Lounge, Territory Lounge, Tambu Lounge... (forget even getting 1 drink at 50's PT lounge...Tune In)

Strollers and wagons. Double strollers. Some groups walking side by side with strollers. Folks using stroller as battering ram. Folks waiting until they are stepping on bus to stop amd fold up stroller. Then they sit by door to bus with big beast stroller blocking walk way. Folks taking up monorail cabin with big beast stroller while their kids aren't even in said stroller and then take up seats. Or even worse they let toddler push stroller and again it becomes battering ram. Going through bag check and park enter behind stroller. Most of time stroller is loaded with crap and bag check folks have to search through it all.

How about the stroller pirates who get upset you won't get up and stand on the bus so they can sit with their stroller? Or the people that feel it necessary to bring a double stroller into tight, crowded gift shops?

How about the stroller pirates who get upset you won't get up and stand on the bus so they can sit with their stroller? Or the people that feel it necessary to bring a double stroller into tight, crowded gift shops?
Or now even bring them through resorts to wait, for say, an Ohana ADR and crowd the waiting area. Top that off with not being able to get a flippin drink at Tambu Lounge while waiting 30 mins past your own ADR....the nerve of it all!!!! (and not to mention it's 8:45 pm ADR and little kids should be getting ready for bed but, nope, they are running around fussing and throwing a fit with their big double strollers sitting empty)

sometimes I think alot of bad behaviour by park guests is due to

1. Not being used to walking in a group on a crowded city street with narrow pavements
2. Not being used to using a stroller, EVC or wheelchair on a crowded city street with narrow pavements
3. Not being used to using public transport
4. Not being used to managing strollers on public transport

When you drive everywhere in your regular day to day life you dont become aware and learn about personal space and how to manage in a very crowded pedestrian place

I second pretty much all those things mentioned already and this from MooseBucks reminded me of the absolute worst thing I've ever seen at WDW:
Other one is people yelling at their kids. If you’re threatening to hit your kid at Disney I feel truly sorry for how their home life could be.

We were in Epcot WS one day and we saw this guy approach a couple who were with their (presumably) son who must have been about 4-5years old. This guy went to shake the dad's hand and congratulated him on not being afraid to smack his kid - the kid was crying at this point so we assume he was indeed just given a smack. The men then went on about how people are "afraid to discipline their children these days"!!! We were so horrified, my partner and I still talk about it; these two big guys congratulating themselves over hitting small, defenseless children!!

Last edited:
People walking backwards (usually when taking photos) then acting all surprised when they bang into somebody.

Lol.
Had that nearly happen during a rundisney event. Disneyland, going through radiator springs, and a woman was backing up halfway into the *running* path (that she’d just been running on, so it’s not like she was unaware) to get a picture of friends. There were still people running through!

not to mention it's 8:45 pm ADR and little kids should be getting ready for bed

Your idea of bedtime is 5:45 my family’s time for at least a week into a time zone-jumping vacation. Assuming we know where exactly people are from isn’t always helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter