Bippipty Boopity BOO take 2! PTR for Oct '10 updated 7/20

My best friend and I are planning a trip for next year (late Oct-early Nov) and I kind of want to have us stay at the Poly, but I have a feeling we'll wind up at Pop :lmao: But you never know, I could (FINALLY) get a pin! :rolleyes1

My favorite resort is probably the Boardwalk, actually. I just love it. It's so pretty to me :lovestruc

You uh, don't mind if I sneak into your suitcase then, do you? :lmao:

Pins for all! The discount resort part of this board is great for pin advice, and again, if all else fails, it might be passed onto your relative! Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you that you get a pin you can use for your next trip!

The board walk is so beautiful as well!!! Love how the lights look at night from the photos! . I think that would have been a contender for us if not for the clown pool. It reminds me of the clown from Steven Kings IT ? Hungry. Nom Nom nom.

Ut oh. Time to get into serious planning! I just double checked and my ADRs I booked in advanced are a hot mess. I just wanted to get something down at 180 so if we needed to change it later, depending on what the parks looked like. Help!

We want to try something different. I am leaning towards California grill pretty heavy at the moment, but not sure when!

Oct 30-

Breakfast:
1900 Park Faire at 8:00am or
Cinderella's Royal Table at 8:40

Dinner:
Narcoossees 5:35 or
Ohana

Oct 31- Open

Nov 1-

Le Cellier 7:00pm- unfortunately we might have to cancel this if we are going to do the MNNSHP :(

Nov 2-
Sci Fi dine in : 4:30

Nov 3-
Open

Nov 4- WCC or Captians Grille

Nov 5-

You uh, don't mind if I sneak into your suitcase then, do you? :lmao:

Pins for all! The discount resort part of this board is great for pin advice, and again, if all else fails, it might be passed onto your relative! Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you that you get a pin you can use for your next trip!

The board walk is so beautiful as well!!! Love how the lights look at night from the photos! . I think that would have been a contender for us if not for the clown pool. It reminds me of the clown from Steven Kings IT ? Hungry. Nom Nom nom.

:lmao: No, go ahead! Just pay the overweight baggage fee, since there's no way you weigh less than 50 pounds ;)

I've tried to get pins, but they've just never worked. I'm curious to know if it's possible to get a Bounceback offer while staying at Pop. That would be awesome if I could get a Bounceback for our trip next year.

:rotfl: Am I the only person who wasn't afraid of Pennywise? I love Stephen King, though, so I guess I'm just biased. He's one of my favorite authors.

Ut oh. Time to get into serious planning! I just double checked and my ADRs I booked in advanced are a hot mess. I just wanted to get something down at 180 so if we needed to change it later, depending on what the parks looked like. Help!

We want to try something different. I am leaning towards California grill pretty heavy at the moment, but not sure when!

Oct 30-

Breakfast:
1900 Park Faire at 8:00am or
Cinderella's Royal Table at 8:40

I've never eaten at either of them, but I've heard good things about both of them.

Dinner:
Narcoossees 5:35 or
Ohana

While I'd go with Narcoossees, I think Ohana would be awesome for you guys because of your kids :) I think they'd have a good time there, and I've heard that the food there is excellent.

Oct 31- Open

Nov 1-

Le Cellier 7:00pm- unfortunately we might have to cancel this if we are going to do the MNNSHP :(

It's too bad that's not on my Epcot night :( I'd swap you for my Tokyo Dining ADR :lmao:

Nov 2-
Sci Fi dine in : 4:30

I think you guys should keep Sci-Fi, but I'm also a huge huge geek and love that place. The themeing is awesome, and I think your son would like the trailers they show on the movie screen :)

Nov 3-
Open

Nov 4- WCC or Captians Grille

I personally would go for Captain's Grille, but I'm not a big fan of the hijinks that go on at WCC. If I was going with kids, maybe I'd change my mind.

Nov 5-

Also, random, but what side of Chicago are you on? Just curious :) I'm on the north side. :yay:

:lmao: No, go ahead! Just pay the overweight baggage fee, since there's no way you weigh less than 50 pounds ;)

I've tried to get pins, but they've just never worked. I'm curious to know if it's possible to get a Bounceback offer while staying at Pop. That would be awesome if I could get a Bounceback for our trip next year.

:rotfl: Am I the only person who wasn't afraid of Pennywise? I love Stephen King, though, so I guess I'm just biased. He's one of my favorite authors.

Also, random, but what side of Chicago are you on? Just curious :) I'm on the north side. :yay:

I think so! Even though technically, Pennywise IS played by Tim Curry who one of my favorites... yeah. Can't get passed the clown make up and scary teeth. Every time pictures are posted of that pool I get flash backs to being 7 and being terrified of clowns. :eek:

Steven King is a good author though for sure. A couple of my favs were the Stand and the Green Mile.

I am actually in a NW burb, but we moved from Logan Square, then Lincoln Square/ravenswood. So definitely north side. :)

<~ cubbie fan.

Which reminds me.

I saw that you are into sci fi. Ever been to B-fest?

I'm in! I just got sucked back into the PTR bandwagon and now I'm obsessed. :thumbsup2 Yay, congrats on staying at the Poly! Don't you love using that pin? Such a great deal.

Oh, and you'll LOVE Le Cellier. At least, you better! Haha. No seriously, it's my absolute favorite place to eat at WDW. The pretzel bread, soup, red maple drink, and pretty much anything else on the menu is AH-MAAA-ZING!!! Seriously, so good. I hope you can still go and do MNSSHP. Both are not to be missed!

Oh, and you're so right about trying to explain the magic to non-Disneyphiles. They just don't get it. Everyone in my office things I'm mental for going back so much. Psh, they're just not as cool as we are. And, I've been fighting the urge to pack for awhile now. I keep eyeing my suitcase thinking, oh...why not get a head start? :rotfl:

Are you guys planning on dressing up for MNSSHP? You should! My sister and I did and had a BLAST!!!

I think so! Even though technically, Pennywise IS played by Tim Curry who one of my favorites... yeah. Can't get passed the clown make up and scary teeth. Every time pictures are posted of that pool I get flash backs to being 7 and being terrified of clowns. :eek:

Steven King is a good author though for sure. A couple of my favs were the Stand and the Green Mile.

I am actually in a NW burb, but we moved from Logan Square, then Lincoln Square/ravenswood. So definitely north side. :)

<~ cubbie fan.

Which reminds me.

I saw that you are into sci fi. Ever been to B-fest?

:eek::eek::eek:

I live in Albany Park! I went to high school at Lane, a couple miles west of Wrigley on Addison :)

I haven't yet, but my brother has. I keep meaning to go, but I'm never available when I find out about it :(

I'm in! I just got sucked back into the PTR bandwagon and now I'm obsessed. :thumbsup2 Yay, congrats on staying at the Poly! Don't you love using that pin? Such a great deal.

Oh, and you'll LOVE Le Cellier. At least, you better! Haha. No seriously, it's my absolute favorite place to eat at WDW. The pretzel bread, soup, red maple drink, and pretty much anything else on the menu is AH-MAAA-ZING!!! Seriously, so good. I hope you can still go and do MNSSHP. Both are not to be missed!

Oh, and you're so right about trying to explain the magic to non-Disneyphiles. They just don't get it. Everyone in my office things I'm mental for going back so much. Psh, they're just not as cool as we are. And, I've been fighting the urge to pack for awhile now. I keep eyeing my suitcase thinking, oh...why not get a head start? :rotfl:

Are you guys planning on dressing up for MNSSHP? You should! My sister and I did and had a BLAST!!!

I know! I am so so so mad at myself that I didn't book multiple Le Cellier days when we were 180 + 10 days out.

So now our choices are to either suck it up and do MNSSHP on the 31st or do it on the first and lose our ressies. Boo!

And yes!! Last year I was the wicked queen from snow white, and my daughter was a dark fairy. Unfortunately DH and DS couldn't wear their costumes because they were both dark velvet and extreeeeeeemeely hot :(

This year we're planning on bringing multiple costumes to try to plan around the weather.

Don't know what to do about DH and I.

What did you guys dress up as?

Okay! So this is what we have so far. This will probably look drastically different if my MIL joins the party.

Still need some help figuring out final plans.

Oct 28th
Final Packing call! All bags infront of garage door except for the parishable cooler in the fridge.
Make sure all mail is held by the post office.
Run kids ragged. :lmao:

Watch Pirates of the Carribean on last time before our trip!
Dinner @5.
Leave @ 6. Open Road!

Oct 29th
Arrive in Orlando sometime between 2-4pm.
Check into a hotel on the strip, Pop, Coronado springs.
Relax in pool for few hours.
Possibly head to DTD.

Oct 30th
check out of hotel @7. If disney hotel, ask for bag transfer.
Drive over to the Poly. :cloud9:
Head to either 1900 park faire breakfast or Cinderella's Castle for breakfast.
check in @ 1 or sooner.
Pool time!
Dinner @ Naroos or Ohana

Oct 31
Open!
Head to MK for rope drop

Nov 1st
Epcot!
Either stay or go to MNSSHP.
Dinner @ Le Cellier 7:00pm.

Nov 2
Hollywood studios
Sci Fi dine @:4:30

Watch wishes from Poly.

Nov 3
Animal Kingdome!

Nov 4
Magic Kingdom/Epcot
WCC or Captain Grill
Illuminations?

Nov 5
Head to MK again. Ride pirates 3 or 4 more times. :laughing:
Check out of Poly. Head to DTD.
Shop. Be on the road by 2.
Arrive home sometime around 10-12.

On a whim today I called Disney to try to do something I've been trying for several months. To get upgraded to regular Club level. Since my kids tend to be graziers, and we plan on spending time resting at our resort... it would be amazing for us if we could.

I was trying every single day Going through the automated menu most of us have so grown to love when you call 80 thousand times in a short span :crazy2:.

The lovely CM seems a little cool at first connect. But soon, we're crackin jokes back and forth when I ask her what I really wanna know.

"Sooooo...... are there um, any club level available?"

I cringe inside knowing what's coming, or what had been coming. The only club level available is Theme park view, which is actually.. ahem, 2000 more than our vacation package. :eek: I can't do that knowing that is another vacation for us.
.. wait a minute, ... :scratchin

I hear that magical voice tell me Theme Park and Lagoon view are available. I get excited at finally some difference, but unfortunately.. that's also something that is out of our reach.

Of course, if we really wanna.. we can switch over to the Contemporary which does have a standard view at club level. .. I don't say anything for a minute. It's about 240 dollars more than what the Poly's basic club level would be.. adding an extra 480 to our bill.:faint: I consider a split stay between my beloved Poly in order that half of our vacation we can finally do club level. I know my husband does not like the Contemporary, and switching resorts might be a total PITB. So, reluctantly, I thank her for her help but tell her no thanks.

I try not to keep imagining what it would be like. I am trying to be content that this is still our dream deluxe resort no matter which way it goes. :cloud9: Yes, I did give up any plans for my 30th birthday to be at disney, and well as our anniversary. This trip is going to be amazing, besides.

I still wanna go club level.

Come on Tink. Sprinkle me with some dust. :tinker:

Ooh, those costumes sounds great -- but also blazing hot. That's only bad thing about dressing up. Now I understand why I saw a lot of people dressed as Tinker Bell -- much cooler. My sister dressed up as a pirate wench and I was the tightrope lady from the Stretching Room Portrait over in the HM. Here's a pic of us from when we went in 2008.

n6852884_47089221_3068.jpg

Your plans look great! Sorry that the club level isn't working out for you so far. I don't blame you for skipping that extra $2000. Yikes, that's A LOT!! Hopefully, something will open up for you guys. :goodvibes You're going to have a great time, regardless of where you stay at the Poly. I mean...it's the Poly, you can't go wrong!!

Saying Hello and Subbing to your Pre Trip Report! :) I found you because I was looking for people going the same time as my family! :) We are arriving October 30th and staying til November 8th! Can't wait to read more.. your plans sound great. We talked about staying at a monorail resort or animal kingdom lodge and decided for a longer trip this time instead of a nicer resort.. So its 10 days at Pop instead of 5 days at Poly or AKL!

Ooh, those costumes sounds great -- but also blazing hot. That's only bad thing about dressing up. Now I understand why I saw a lot of people dressed as Tinker Bell -- much cooler. My sister dressed up as a pirate wench and I was the tightrope lady from the Stretching Room Portrait over in the HM. Here's a pic of us from when we went in 2008.

n6852884_47089221_3068.jpg
You guys look awesome!! What great ideas for costumes.

Did that come with photopass or was that a special halloween party thing?

Your plans look great! Sorry that the club level isn't working out for you so far. I don't blame you for skipping that extra $2000. Yikes, that's A LOT!! Hopefully, something will open up for you guys. :goodvibes You're going to have a great time, regardless of where you stay at the Poly. I mean...it's the Poly, you can't go wrong!!

I know, right? Seriously as soon as I heard 2000, I thought that was another trip to disney. In my head I was already starting another PTR for another time. :rotfl: A true sign of an addict, eh?

That's true. No matter where you are, or where you stay.... it's Disney! The only way I'd be happier is if they opened up hotel that was all decorated like the PoTC ride or maybe in the ride (like the hidden room is cindy's castle).

Saying Hello and Subbing to your Pre Trip Report! :) I found you because I was looking for people going the same time as my family! :) We are arriving October 30th and staying til November 8th! Can't wait to read more.. your plans sound great. We talked about staying at a monorail resort or animal kingdom lodge and decided for a longer trip this time instead of a nicer resort.. So its 10 days at Pop instead of 5 days at Poly or AKL!

:welcome:
Happy to have you aboard!

Oh man, lucky! 10 days at Disney! :cloud9: Are you guys doing the MNSSHP or the MVMCP (I know it starts on the day you leave.. maybe a late flight? :upsidedow)

We'd love to be able to do 10 days. Unfortunately, DH's company will not allow him to take that much time off at once.

Who knows, maybe we'll run into each other! :wizard:

Looks like we will be having company with us!

MIL says she is most definitely in for our vacation. Not only that.. but she talked to my SIL along with her new DH and they want to join us for apart of our trip.
:scared1:

I's having the buyers remorse.

Instead of being on our schedule, we are going to likely need to switch our plans a little bit. This may not be so bad, and maybe I am just freaking at the idea of 3 more people joining our 4. We are one short of a grand gathering...
anyone else want to go?:rotfl:

We're going to get more hashed out during the weekend of exact details. Where they are going to be staying.. We are going to need to modify our ADRs.

The good news is, this will at least afford a night for DH and I to explore the magic of disney without children.. and it will allow for the children to experience the magic with their grandmother. At least, that's the idea.

The Halloween border was on the PhotoPass website. Isn't it cute? I'm a little bummed that we miss out on MNSSHP by a little over a week. It's so fun!!

That's great that you can at least enjoy some kid-free time while you're there. I just hope you get along w/ your in-laws! :rolleyes1

Y
:welcome:
Happy to have you aboard!

Oh man, lucky! 10 days at Disney! :cloud9: Are you guys doing the MNSSHP or the MVMCP (I know it starts on the day you leave.. maybe a late flight? :upsidedow)

We'd love to be able to do 10 days. Unfortunately, DH's company will not allow him to take that much time off at once.

Who knows, maybe we'll run into each other! :wizard:

We are very excited for sure.. My husband technically only gets 7 days off work but I planned the trip with very strategic dates. His work schedule runs Sunday thru Monday.. so his two days off for the week we leave will be fri and sat.. then his one week off will be Sun(31st) -the following saturday.. Then his days off for the next week will be Sunday and Monday. We get home on monday and he works the closing shift most often.. So he will work at 4 on tuesday and will not be taking any more than his allotted 2 days a week off and 7 vacation days.. ( I am tricky.. lol) We are doing the MNSSHP on November 1st.. we really wanted to do both parties.. but we would get very little time at the first party cause our flights depart at 9... but we really just wanted to see the change happen from Halloween to Christmas from one day to the next.. which should be pretty neat.. so we are ok with no doing both parties.
We might run into each other.... that would be really neat!

Looks like we will be having company with us!

The good news is, this will at least afford a night for DH and I to explore the magic of disney without children.. and it will allow for the children to experience the magic with their grandmother. At least, that's the idea.

Wow.. yeh, its going to change things a good bit for you but I think it will be worth it.. provided your SIL isn't my sister.. lol.. then I would say run for the hills while you can! :) When we went in 2007 my parents met us at Disney half way thru their trip.. They flew to florida the same day we did, but they went to Jacksonville to meet family and my son didn't know they went as well.. On our Epcot day my mom called him on his cell phone and asked if he was having fun.. as he was talking to her on the phone she and my step dad walked up behind him.. The moment when he realized he was hearing her on the phone and in person was great.. he was so excited and it was a nice two days spent at Disney with them.. Yeh we missed a few things cause we wheren't just on our schedule but I wouldn't change it.. My son has those memories of a trip with grandma and grandpap that can't be replaced by anything...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter