Birthday trip report! WDW & Fort Wilderness for 8 nights! March 8-16 2019

A text message your site is ready in your desired loop, trails end grub, feet up, Mickey Bars, boat ride on a beautiful day and a pub crawl - doesn't get any better than that. Relax, enjoy and hope the rest of your trip is filled with Disney magic. LOVE the vintage T-shirt! That's the spirit and the smile tells the whole story.

Day #3 (Saturday) starts out great. We're loving the warm temps and going outside feels sooooo good!

Chillin in the hammock in the AMResized_20190309_115347_7255.jpg

So we decide to ride the boat over to the Wilderness Lodge and check it out.

Resized_20190309_123852_4297.jpg

Wow, it's nice inside.

Outside we find the Geyser Point Bar & Grill. Is it to early for a drink? Who cares!!

Resized_20190309_130539_4943.jpg

Saturday night we start our fun at the parks! We have tickets for the Disney After Hours at Hollywood Studios! And, I have a FP for RRC at 7:30!!

This will turn out to be a big MISTAKE on my part...

Sooo, since we can enter the park at 7pm with the After Hours ticket we are headed for HS!!! On the bus we go...

We weren't the only ones with this idea -

Resized_20190309_183637_2765.jpg

Overcast skies, temps great and it never rained

Resized_20190309_184729_6456.jpg

Resized_20190309_201056_9213.jpg

We had a great start to the evening! Crowds were big but it was soooo much fun to finally be in a park and enjoying some MAGIC!

I had no idea how bad this would get...

Well glad you remembered all about Camping World and kudos for knowing your mechanical systems well enough to come up w/ a short cut.
Following.

So, it's Friday night and we're not planning on going to a park today. It's looking like a beautiful evening so what to do?

How about taking the boat over to MK, jumping on the monorail and go bar hopping at the Polynesian, Contemporary and the Grand Floridian?

Didn't have to ask me twice... Gone...

First stop - the Polynesian. Drinks and a shrimp appetizer.

Next stop - Grand Floridian for drinks and another appetizer

Next stop - Contemporary for drinks and I don't remember what else...

What a GREAT first day at WDW and Fort Wilderness.

You did the monorail crawl (like a pub crawl). :drinking1Congrats!

Bama Ed

Motion sickness is a REAL THING people. REAL.

WHY would I get a FP for RNR right out of the gate? Why, because I'm crazy like that.

I started getting nauseous RIGHT HERE in line!! It's like 7:05 PM.... we just got here...

Resized_20190309_190201_3173.jpg

After the ride I am wiped out! I mean I am sick to my stomach and I have the cold sweat going on. I'm not a "ride" kinda guy but I wanted to kick *** this trip. Right? Uh, no....

Screenshot_20190310-000602_Disney_World.jpg

That is not a happy face. That face has NO Disney magic. That was shear terror...

Man was I nauseous. I went from feeling on top of the world to wanting to puke in, uh, how long is the rockin roller coaster ride? Well, that long...

So, please let me walk around and regain my composure (that was shot to heck when we saw my picture...).

After a few minutes i was feeling better and we strolled around enjoying the sights (and me trying to forget what just happened).

We stumbled upon "Star Tours". I don't know what "Star Tours" is?? Let's take a look. No crowd so let's check it out. Maybe it's a film, or show, or just a walking tour. I just needed a break for a few minutes.

Hey, why to these seats have seat belts? WHY do these seats have seat belts?

Unbeknownst to me, Star Tours is a 3D RIDE. OMG I have made the worst mistake EVER (actually not, later on tonight I make an even bigger one).

2rad4u,

You know what I like best about your trip report? It shows that things can go wrong before even leaving for Disney, on the way to Disney, and even at Disney, and you can still have a great time.

We have a Class C, and I always worry about it developing issues during a trip.

I came out of Star Tours with the FULL BLOWN cold sweat (you're about to puke kind) pouring off of my head, walking sideways (you're about to puke), almost crying (cause I'm literally about to puke) and DW looking at me like I just arrived from outer space (like, what's wrong with you honey, with her held tilted cause you ain't standing straight up).

Man that was miserable... Fighting back explosive upchuck is not fun nor easy. That tingling feeling in your jaw....

I need to sit down. NOW, cause the earth is still spinning...

After a few minutes the hard core case of nausea wore off and I only had a defcon 3 case of nausea. Let's try this again. Movement that is...

At this point, I made mistake number 2 of the evening. Hey, I need something on my stomach. Something salty. Something easy.

Into Toy Story Land we stroll. There is a food spot (I don't recall the name) and they had the greatest thing ever! Toasted cheese sandwiches!

What can go wrong with this plan? Huh?

That was an awesome sandwich. It was gone in 2 seconds! And, I felt better.

Little did I know that mistake # 3 for the evening was within site.... SDD

Sooo,what's next? I'm feeling better after the cheese sandwich and I decide I'm going to weather this storm and march on (even though I can't, as of yet,march in a straight line).

Hey we're in TSL,why not ride SDD? Well,you have a well documented case of motion sickness along with the previously mentioned associated nausea. But hey, a cheese sandwich is the new cure for motion sickness,right? Oh, I was so wrong...

20190309_205655_small.jpg

20190309_205701_small.jpg

20190309_221751_small.jpg

Looks okay.... Let's ride!

So, here's where the story goes really, generally, flatly, south. What am I thinking went through my head several times (hundreds more likely).

SDD was NOT fun. It should have been fun. It was NOT fun. The cheese sandwich is NO FREAKING cure for motion sickness and the cold sweat comes back with a vengeance and I feel absolutely ILL by this point. Nausea is at defcon 5 and I am feeling like the projectile vomiting is going to commence at ANY second.

Sit down and breathe with a purpose is ALL I can do at this point. BTW, my DW has used the term "wimp" about 1000 times by this point and I am gladly wearing that moniker like a badge of honor.

I don't care who knows it, I'm a wimp (luckily, no one really cares).

I am back to needing a Coke and something salty (i know, weird, but there it is).

Popcorn and a cold soda (free BTW at the after hours event). Well, calling a coke and popcorn "free" after forking over $250 for the evening is hard to spit out of your mouth. Hey, don't mention spitting anything right now, please...

So, again, munching on some popcorn and a few sips of Coke and I'm feeling a little better. My feeling a little better is at the "I still want to be sick all over the place" on the "how do you feel" scale. But, better!

We walk around some more and decide to call it a night. We fell like we've got our money's worth (we didn't) so we head for the exit.

Wait, we have to ride the bus back to the campground. I'm not liking that thought at all...

So, the bus finally comes to pick us up from HS and take us back to Fort Wilderness. Hooray...

The bus is empty so we grab a seat in the middle, across the isle from each other.

I still have my popcorn container (cardboard) and the popcorn is about gone.

The first part of the ride was ok. Then, the sweat glands in my head decided to relax....

The tingling feeling comes back in my jaw. The movement of the bus is making me feel really nauseous.

Short ride, dude, just hold on. We'll be there in a few.

I look at my DW (who has had a rough night) and say "I'm going to throw up"

She gives me the sweetest look and says "you better not"

I said, again, "I'm going to throw up"

She said "please don't"

I was going to say "I'm going to throw up" one more time, but I was interrupted by vomit coming out of my mouth...

Thank goodness I still had the popcorn box. It mostly went into the popcorn box.

Before she could scream in horror, vomit came out of my mouth and I managed to hit the popcorn box again.

Okay, okay, we're okay I was thinking. I was going to verbalize this to her directly when vomit interrupted my sentence again. 3 times the charm?

No, no it's not.

Before I could say "I'm sorry honey, for ruining your evening with my motion sickness after I stupidly decided to go gangbusters on some freaking motion sickness inducing rides RIGHT OUT OF THE GATE", vomit interrupted my thought process and my aim this time was hit or miss (and my cardboard popcorn box was beginning to fail due to the shear amount of cheese sandwich and popcorn and coke that it was now holding, which I'm sure was over the recommended weight limit for a freaking cardboard popcorn box!) and I got some on me, the floor and the seat.

Great! Now I've really done it...

We finally made it to the Fort and the lights came on and to my absolute horror there was vomit on me, the seat and the floor (I was in denial).

The poor bus driver was SOOOOOO NICE! I explained to her what happened and offered to clean it up if she could wait. She said "absolutely not, I'll take care of it and thank you for telling me about it". She was an angel.

By this time, my tum tum was empty and I was feeling a little better and curiously hungry. Weird day.

GC back to the camper and some much needed sleep. Day #4 coming up!

No makes no sense on the bypass there. We have been thru since 2015 and even with the construction have always cruised right on thru Jacksonville.

I agree now! On the way home we stayed on 95 through Jacksonville and had no problem. Live and learn.

I look at my DW (who has had a rough night) and say "I'm going to throw up"

She gives me the sweetest look and says "you better not"

I said, again, "I'm going to throw up"

She said "please don't"

I was going to say "I'm going to throw up" one more time, but I was interrupted by vomit coming out of my mouth...

Even an Auburn fan can see what's about to happen at this point. :sad2:

I have one child left at home, 2rad4u, who wants to ride the coasters and such at WDW. When I was younger and the other two kids were here, Space Mtn or RR or Star Tours were no problem. However, I have reached an age where those rides are no fun anymore. DW has NEVER wanted to ride those rides so I am stuck being the ride buddy for DD but Lordy I don't enjoy it anymore. Even on Big Thunder I looked at DW during one brief lull in the agony and said, "you know I must love you" because I so did not enjoy it any more. :crazy2:

I'm a PeopleMover or Carousel of Progress or Jungle Cruise kinda person now. The Enchanted Tiki Room is more my speed. And happy to say so. Been there, done that.

I'm enjoying your trip report. Please continue. I'm gonna set my chair up down front for the rest of the story.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Day 4 starts out with an early trip to the trading post. Like opening time early. I need something special and I'm hoping I find it.

Bingo!!!!!

20190310_090156_small.jpg

and a little something for the DW....

20190310_090430_small.jpg

I get back to the camper and for some reason now is the time I want to jump into the way back machine and relive Thursday mornings stabilizer debacle (well, it was my birthday) and take this picture. Why? I honestly can't tell you.

Notice the wire hanging down...

20190310_093445_small.jpg

I let it go cause today we're doing our first full day at the parks!!!

I step back and take this picture. What a beautiful campsite!!!

20190310_093503_small.jpg

Good news is we haven't had any rain so far and there is NONE in the forecast!!!

(yes, i straightened the truck. OCD remember)

Oh no!

Tip, my family fishes and boats a lot in the ocean. I get sea sick once in a while (which is motion sickness) and I have found over the years that if I go ahead and throw up, I'm fine right after.

If I try and keep myself from throwing up, it will ruin my day and make it worse.

Next time, run to the mens room and get it over with.

Tbh, i dont know whether to laugh or cry for you at this point. I would have never have thought that the happiest place on earth could inflict so much pain on one individual. I do feel for you!

So, it's Sunday, day 4 of our adventure and we're off to our first full day at a park! I have Dramamine!!!!

We were originally going to return to HS on Sunday to finish up anything we didn't do or see on Saturday night. NOBODY had any desire to return to that he!! hole. NOBODY.

JK, we decided to go to AK instead cause we really felt this would be our favorite park. Monday would be our "official" AK day and I had my FP's set up for AK and lunch ressies at our fav place Rain Forest Cafe on Monday so today would be a recon mission.

Hello AK!! Recon commenced.

20190310_100546_small.jpg

It's crowded

20190310_101403_small.jpg

Enjoyed walking around looking at everything and some animals

20190310_103959_small.jpg

20190310_104051_small.jpg

20190310_104212_small.jpg

20190310_110535_small.jpg

Impending doom....

20190310_110702_small.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter