Black friday buddies 2010 unite! BACK FROM THE TRENCHES POST YOUR WAR STORIES!

For those skeptical about the previous post, this comes straight from Walmartstores.com (the corporate website). It's a definite must-read (and too big to put into a single post).

While Walmart has now seriously changed the game on many sought-after items, keep in mind that many of the BF specials around the retail block may be items that are "exclusive" to a particular retailer for the event.

cool this will save me from going to kmart for the tag reading books

I hadn't thought about price matching...off to go over my lists again and see if I can pick up anything at Walmart and save a trip to any stores.

How does a 24 hour Super Walmart work Black Friday? I think last year they handed out tickets for the electronics, but what about everything else?

My Supercenter gives tickets for the "big" items. Everything else is spread out all over the store (in unpredictable places) covered in boxes and such and they cut the cords at the opening time.

"Gap Set your alarm clocks! We’ve got the most stylish Black Friday sale for you – 50% off the entire store until 10am." Got this from the gaps facebook page. i know my gap opens at 5am.
Wish they would do online 50% too, i have my cart filled and ready to pay.

Okay I have looked at all the ads but I can't decide which point and shoot camera looks the best to me. I am replacing my kodak which has been great but is a little bulky and doesnt just slide into my pocket. I need one for taking pictures of my two kids and also for our first Disney trip next summer. I have read so reviews but would like a little advice from some others. I know I want one with image stabilization and red eye reduction but after that I am so confused. Any advise?

I just replaced my Kodak point and shoot with a Sony cyber shot w330. It has both of the features you mentioned as well as as 14.1 megapixel. I am very pleased with the quality of the pictures it takes. I saw it listed in target or walmarts bf ad (can't remember which at the moment) for $120.

I thought I saw an ad scan of theirs. When I go to the black friday website, Pennys is crossed out? What time do they open, anybody know?
Thank you!

We've been doing BF for 17 years, but have never bought any of the larger electronics. Last night, out of the blue, DH says he'd like to try to get a TV at WM for DD. I know that I need to get the map for him. How early will he need to be there? If the one he wants is available online, how fast do they usually sell out online?

We've been doing BF for 17 years, but have never bought any of the larger electronics. Last night, out of the blue, DH says he'd like to try to get a TV at WM for DD. I know that I need to get the map for him. How early will he need to be there? If the one he wants is available online, how fast do they usually sell out online?

Last year I was at Walmart well after the doorbusters started. I made two stops before I hit Walmart. They had pallets of the TV's all around the store in various sizes and I didn't see a lot of people with them in their carts. Both DD and I commented that most of the carts seemed to be filled with clothes and toys. If its one of the really low priced ones that are starting at 5 am I would get to the store by about 2 am - you just never know how many they're getting and how many people want tvs!

Anyone looking for the nintendo DSI it is $139 on amazon under black friday deals right now till it sells out. Good luck.

Wanted to pass along a few things I was told/heard while out this am/

I was at Walmart and was told that my Walmart, which is located in a very large city, had 26 of the Play Stations that they will be putting out on Friday. This was told to me by a very good source, not saying anymore that that. Take it for what it is. I am not even in the market for one. SO just an idea of how many of these types of items that may be available. Was also told better chances online for the door buster items.
Again take it for what it is.:)

Was also told at my local Gap to befriend that particular store on FB for special promotions for that store on Friday. Don't know what they will offer or even if it will be anymore than the 50% off. I had a 40% off coupon with me and was told, I will do better on jeans Friday and to wait or buy and return. :santa:

Thanks for the info Darcy03231 :)

I can't get the WM map to load (we have dial up), will it be available at the store?

Anyone have a link to the website that has all the adds on it. I can't seem to find it again as I dig through all the pages on this thread. Thanks

The dyson at Target???? will they be in their normal location since it is not a doorbuster????? would you still be there first thing? Thanks! It is supposed to be raining in my part of the country on Friday...

Wanted to pass along a few things I was told/heard while out this am/

I was at Walmart and was told that my Walmart, which is located in a very large city, had 26 of the Play Stations that they will be putting out on Friday. This was told to me by a very good source, not saying anymore that that. Take it for what it is. I am not even in the market for one. SO just an idea of how many of these types of items that may be available. Was also told better chances online for the door buster items.
Again take it for what it is.:)

Was also told at my local Gap to befriend that particular store on FB for special promotions for that store on Friday. Don't know what they will offer or even if it will be anymore than the 50% off. I had a 40% off coupon with me and was told, I will do better on jeans Friday and to wait or buy and return. :santa:

Do we know what time or what items will be available online??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter