Black friday buddies 2010 unite! BACK FROM THE TRENCHES POST YOUR WAR STORIES!

It's nice that Wal-Mart price matches but I always found their crowds to be the worst so I'll be avoiding them. Target has been much easier IMO.

Wow, I must have lucked out as my Walmart has always price matched on Black Friday. I have never had an issue with that.

Okay I have looked at all the ads but I can't decide which point and shoot camera looks the best to me. I am replacing my kodak which has been great but is a little bulky and doesnt just slide into my pocket. I need one for taking pictures of my two kids and also for our first Disney trip next summer. I have read so reviews but would like a little advice from some others. I know I want one with image stabilization and red eye reduction but after that I am so confused. Any advise?

Wow, I must have lucked out as my Walmart has always price matched on Black Friday. I have never had an issue with that.

Mine too! That's why I always go there...yes, it's the crazy store...but it's so worth making the trip to 1 place versus trying to race from store to store in hopes of getting those deals. Makes is SO much less stressful when I only have to go to one store!:santa:

Mine too! That's why I always go there...yes, it's the crazy store...but it's so worth making the trip to 1 place versus trying to race from store to store in hopes of getting those deals. Makes is SO much less stressful when I only have to go to one store!:santa:
Exactly - I have always pricematched at Wal-Mart as well and have never had a problem!

Just got this Best Buy added more
from black friday . net can't add links yet not enough post:headache:

We just finished typing up and posting the 8-page supplemental Best Buy Black
Friday advertisement which will appear as pages 13-20 in our ad scan. It looks
like Best Buy knew that we'd end up leaking their ad weeks in advance and
decided to hold back 8 of the pages until this week. From what we've seen from
these 8 additional pages, there are no good deals that jump out at us. However,
we have posted the rest of the ad so you can see all of the deals Best Buy will
be offering this Black Friday.

Wal-Mart has always price-matched Black Friday deals- it just has to be a local B&M store (not online) and within the time-frame of the sale. It always said it in their TV ads and on the Black Friday ad. I have done it numerous times as have lots of people I know.

(Bolding is mine)
Wal-Mart is advertising that they are opening at midnight. Menards has something I want but they don't open until 6AM.

I'm wondering how exact the "within the time-frame of the sale" I have to be? :confused3 I'd be going on the same day, just not during the exact hours of Menards.

ETA: Is Menards a "like" enough store?

(Bolding is mine)
Wal-Mart is advertising that they are opening at midnight. Menards has something I want but they don't open until 6AM.

I'm wondering how exact the "within the time-frame of the sale" I have to be? :confused3 I'd be going on the same day, just not during the exact hours of Menards.

ETA: Is Menards a "like" enough store?

It is a little different this year since Wal-Mart is opening at midnight, but if something is a "door-buster", you obviously might have a problem if you stroll into Wal-Mart at 10pm on Friday and try to price-match it then (not sure about your situation). I think that it would depend on your sale's person, but it would be worth a try! Good luck!

So everything in the Best Buy ad is available online, right? I believe the sale starts at Midnight? Do you know how quickly these things sell out online? I wanted a few things but also want to head to Walmart when their sale starts at midnight...

According to CNN...Best Buy's BF items are availabl for online purchase starting Thanksgiving Day. Also, I have done the same thing with the Toys R Us ad.

According to CNN...Best Buy's BF items are availabl for online purchase starting Thanksgiving Day. Also, I have done the same thing with the Toys R Us ad.

Do you know what time it starts online? This would be great as 2 of my "main" christmas gifts.. the PC and Wii Fit... are here and I do NOT want to deal with the insane crowds BB draws....

Do you know what time it starts online? This would be great as 2 of my "main" christmas gifts.. the PC and Wii Fit... are here and I do NOT want to deal with the insane crowds BB draws....

I have not seen the time, but it says right on Best Buys ad, that many (but it doesn't say all) of the items are available online on Thursday. They had some of them early online yesterday for Silver Reward Zone Members, but it was a VERY small selection of the items from their ad. Not even close to everything.

Me too. I bought serveral things there later in that day from the Target ad because our Target was out of stock on them.
Just got this Best Buy added more
from black friday . net can't add links yet not enough post:headache:

We just finished typing up and posting the 8-page supplemental Best Buy Black
Friday advertisement which will appear as pages 13-20 in our ad scan. It looks
like Best Buy knew that we'd end up leaking their ad weeks in advance and
decided to hold back 8 of the pages until this week. From what we've seen from
these 8 additional pages, there are no good deals that jump out at us. However,
we have posted the rest of the ad so you can see all of the deals Best Buy will
be offering this Black Friday.

Well thank goodness because i THOUGHT THAT ad looked pretty crappy.:lmao:

The last couple of years I have bought items from BB at Thanksgiving in the middle of the after noon.

Sorry about the disastrous typing! My computer is having issues.

It is a little different this year since Wal-Mart is opening at midnight, but if something is a "door-buster", you obviously might have a problem if you stroll into Wal-Mart at 10pm on Friday and try to price-match it then (not sure about your situation). I think that it would depend on your sale's person, but it would be worth a try! Good luck!

Thanks, I think I'll give it a try. :)

My sister wants to be at Kohls by 2AM for the 3AM opening. I don't need anything from there and Wal-Mart is just around the corner so I was hoping to price match what I want from Menards, they open at 6AM, at Wal-Mart while she's waiting at Kohls. Then when she finishes at Kohls I could go home and go to bed!
:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter