Black friday buddies 2010 unite! BACK FROM THE TRENCHES POST YOUR WAR STORIES!

anyone know when best buys items will be available online?? I'm trying to decide if it'll be tonight in the middle of the night, or tomorrow in the middle of the night??

Nov 24th 2010

Get the Black Friday Deals Online Tonight.
Here is a quick update on what to expect going into Thanksgiving and Black Friday. First, Newegg.com has announced that they are putting their Black Friday items up for sale online today starting around 4:00pm Eastern time. After that, we expect more retailers to put their items online leading up to Thanksgiving morning. Judging from last year, here is what we expect the sale times to be this year:

* Newegg.com sale starting at 4:00pm EST (Wednesday)
* Target Black Friday sale starting at 2:00am - 4:00am EST (Thanksgiving) edit I believe they mean Friday still they call it Thanksgiving?
* Walmart Thanksgiving Day Specials starting at 3:00am EST (Thanksgiving)
* Walmart Black Friday sale starting at 3:00am EST (Black Friday)
* Sears, OfficeMax, Kohls, JC Penney, and other Black Friday sales will begin on Thanksgiving morning.

Some of these sales might start earlier or later than the stated time above. We are going off historical data in predicting these sale times. We suggest that you keep an eye on BlackFriday.info Wednesday night and Thursday (Thanksgiving) morning to get all of the latest updates regarding ongoing sales.

from blackfriday.info site

I picked up my Blu-Ray player today. The Sony s370 was on sale at Best Buy tonight for the same price as it would be for BF. So, instead of getting up early and fighting the crowds, I picked it up today :).

So the ad on walmart.com says Band Hero is in stores and online when you click on the product. If you go to the product page on the website, they are out of stock. It also says this "As advertised in your local ad, this item will only be available in stores at the special low price on Friday, November 26." :confused3

I picked up my Blu-Ray player today. The Sony s370 was on sale at Best Buy tonight for the same price as it would be for BF. So, instead of getting up early and fighting the crowds, I picked it up today :).

Nice...I noticed Costco had them down to $95 too so I was thinking about buying one but I figured I will wait because they had a ton of them so its not going to sell out. I think I should make sure I get a nice fancy flatscreen first.

oooooh they start at 3am online?!? awesome! Im going to do the instore at midnight and if I miss anything I'll get dh to get it online! I need bikes and stuff..

So the ad on walmart.com says Band Hero is in stores and online when you click on the product. If you go to the product page on the website, they are out of stock. It also says this "As advertised in your local ad, this item will only be available in stores at the special low price on Friday, November 26." :confused3

it wont be "in stock" til its for sale online I'm guessing

it wont be "in stock" til its for sale online I'm guessing

I agree... I'm just wondering about the "in stores only" comment on the product page whem the ad says otherwise. I'm hoping to avoid going to WM and just going for it online, but now I'm worried it won't be online.

I agree... I'm just wondering about the "in stores only" comment on the product page whem the ad says otherwise. I'm hoping to avoid going to WM and just going for it online, but now I'm worried it won't be online.

I looked at some pants earlier today and they looked the same way. I think because they don't NORMALLY sell it online, it looks that way, but once the BF sale goes live, they will change to links you can order from. At least that's my guess!

I don't have a map but was at my Target today and they were placing them on shelfs in the electronics department by the TVs. HTH

Nov 24th 2010

Get the Black Friday Deals Online Tonight.
Here is a quick update on what to expect going into Thanksgiving and Black Friday. First, Newegg.com has announced that they are putting their Black Friday items up for sale online today starting around 4:00pm Eastern time. After that, we expect more retailers to put their items online leading up to Thanksgiving morning. Judging from last year, here is what we expect the sale times to be this year:

* Newegg.com sale starting at 4:00pm EST (Wednesday)
* Target Black Friday sale starting at 2:00am - 4:00am EST (Thanksgiving)
* Walmart Thanksgiving Day Specials starting at 3:00am EST (Thanksgiving)
* Walmart Black Friday sale starting at 3:00am EST (Black Friday)
* Sears, OfficeMax, Kohls, JC Penney, and other Black Friday sales will begin on Thanksgiving morning.

Some of these sales might start earlier or later than the stated time above. We are going off historical data in predicting these sale times. We suggest that you keep an eye on BlackFriday.info Wednesday night and Thursday (Thanksgiving) morning to get all of the latest updates regarding ongoing sales.

from blackfriday.info site

Okay, I'm confused. When is says Target Black Friday sale starting at 2 - 4 am est on Thanksgiving, does that mean 2 - 4 Thursday morning, or Friday morning (which is sort of Thursday night cause you are supposed to be sleeping)??? And Walmart's Thanksgiving specials do start on Thanksgiving, but they don't wait until midnight, they start at 3am, which would be tonight (Wednesday)?? :confused:

Lowes Black Friday specials are live online now, if anyone is interested. They're also offering free shipping on anything that qualifies for parcel shipping, with no minimum purchase. I already ordered the jobsite radio DH has been wanting ($60 off!), and the kids' tool set he picked out for DD. :woohoo:

I just ordered a laptop from Sam's Club... if you're a member, they have their black Friday sale up on-line!

Woo Hoo... I don't have to stand out in the sleet on Friday! :thumbsup2

Lowes Black Friday specials are live online now, if anyone is interested. They're also offering free shipping on anything that qualifies for parcel shipping, with no minimum purchase. I already ordered the jobsite radio DH has been wanting ($60 off!), and the kids' tool set he picked out for DD. :woohoo:

Thanks for the heads up. Going to check it out...

read this tonight and had to post!

Don’t let this be you!
If you are not prepared, then you should not be out with the early bird, die hard BF shoppers.
Here is some honest advice that may help you or the people around you navigate the craziest
shopping day of the year:
1. Leave the kids home
Black Friday morning is for die-hard shoppers. Do not drag your child in their PJ’s to wait in
line at 3:00 a.m. They may be sleeping when you leave the house, but trust me– they will wake
up (and most likely scream bloody murder) when they see all the crazy, die-hards in line in the
freezing cold. If you want to participate in BF early bird activities and can’t get a sitter, then let the
kids sleep and do your shopping online. Trust me– you will wish you had stayed home as soon as
the baby starts screaming.
2. Make a list and check it twice
Have a game plan. This isn’t a day to leisurely look around and see what spontaneous things are
going to catch your eye. If you were planning on being leisurely, wait until after 1:00 p.m. to hit the
stores. In other words, stay out of my way. Us die-hards have a mission to accomplish. We need to
get in, grab, and get out. There’s nothing worse than a leisurely shopper who wants to chat about how
cute the snow globes are or ask your opinion on some gift they are thinking of getting and want to know if
I think 25% off is a good deal (the answer will be a quick, sharp, resounding “NO”). Price comparison shop
now! Do not break out your Droid and decide to comparison shop in the middle of the aisles that morning.
Know what your total is going to be BEFORE the cashier hits subtotal. Take a calculator with you to stay
on track. Do the math at home the night before and be sure you can afford to be buying what you are
buying. Nothing worse than going broke and not being able to make your mortgage payment in order to buy
Timmy a new video game system. Given the choice, I am sure all children would prefer a safe and sound
home over a gaming system. If not, then maybe this would be a good time to take a closer look and see
what’s really important in life. Keeping up with the Jones’ kids isn’t going to mean squat if you get a
foreclosure notice.
3. Be Friendly but not chatty
Don’t chat it up with the cashier at 5 a.m. There’s a line. Keep it moving.
4.Prepare the night before
Make sure the gas tank is full. Have all your ads ready for price matching, pack snacks and plenty of liquids to
keep yourself hydrated. BF is the Shopping Olympics, so you need to stay hydrated. Wear comfortable
shoes or sneakers. Dress in layers. If you are a true die-hard shopper, you will get sweaty, which leads me to #5.
5.Wear deodorant!
Nothing is worse than being in a hot crowded line with someone who ran out the door at 4:00 a.m.
without putting on deodorant. Correction: the worst is standing next to someone who forgot deodorant
and is also holding a screaming baby.
6.Divide and conquer
Black Friday isn’t a place for a “girls meet up.” You can do that after the shopping is done. If you truly want to get
everything on your list, then enlist friends and relatives to divide and conquer the stores together. If you do
Kohl’s, have someone else do Toys R Us while someone else takes on Walmart. Be sure you all have
! cell phones, so you can update each other on who got what.
7.Stalk your stores tonight
If there is an Early Bird item you just have to have like a TV, think twice about trying to be the fastest to the
electronics aisle. The Early Bird TV’s may actually be in the Men’s department! Stores are known for putting
pallets of things around the outside aisles of the store and not always in the most obvious spot. If you go out
to the stores tonight, you will be able to see where all the displays are and when everyone is running to the
right side of the store you can stage left to the opposite side where the display is and grab the deal of the day!
8. Be careful!
All jokes aside, Black Friday can get out of control and there actually have been people hurt and even
killed on Black Friday. Do not push, pull, or shove to get what you want. Remember human decency
and no TV or popcorn cart is worth anyone’s life… but I still call dibs on that popcorn cart!

The ad is live on their website, but you have to choose the 11/25 ad from the pulldown menu because the 11/18 ad still comes up by default.
Thank you!

ETA: We had dinner at our local Qdoba and they have a sign up saying that they open at 5:00am on Friday morning and the first 20 people at the store, who order breakfast, get a free entree from Qdoba for the next year (1 for 52 weeks)!

Okay, I'm confused. When is says Target Black Friday sale starting at 2 - 4 am est on Thanksgiving, does that mean 2 - 4 Thursday morning, or Friday morning (which is sort of Thursday night cause you are supposed to be sleeping)??? And Walmart's Thanksgiving specials do start on Thanksgiving, but they don't wait until midnight, they start at 3am, which would be tonight (Wednesday)?? :confused:

I agree it is confusing, I took it to be Friday 2am-4am because Target it not open tomorrow. I think the sites are updating so much so fast they slip up.
Sorry it is not more clear, maybe someone else will add what they think it means.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter