Black Panther Reviews *SPOILERS! YOU’VE BEEN WARNED!*

I was thinking a bit today that Wakandans seems very involved in the previews for Infinity War - I'll be interested to see how they are involved. I'm thinking Wakanda might be a target of Thanos...maybe the Soul Stone is in Wakanda...maybe he's after the Vibranium...maybe only Wakanda's weapons will be a match for him? After seeing Black Panther I'm excited to see how they are all incorporated into Infinity War.

I was thinking a bit today that Wakandans seems very involved in the previews for Infinity War - I'll be interested to see how they are involved. I'm thinking Wakanda might be a target of Thanos...maybe the Soul Stone is in Wakanda...maybe he's after the Vibranium...maybe only Wakanda's weapons will be a match for him? After seeing Black Panther I'm excited to see how they are all incorporated into Infinity War.
My assumption was that they have the soul stone but it’s not explicitly stated in the movie. Definitely will be interesting how it all plays out

I absolutely loved Black Panther on so many levels. The acting and visual effects were fabulous as was the soundtrack. The tension around Wakanda staying hidden vs. helping to undo the negative longstanding effects of colonization and slavery for Black people was very well done and made the villain a deeper character than other Marvel villains. Ironically, my daughter’s class is doing a unit on “explorers” so the topic of colonization is timely and something we can talk about after I take her to see the movie.

Just to build on this - while this is an extremely important part of the movie and the fact that a movie with a black super hero is doing so well is amazing and very important - but one thing I liked was the themes were presented both very specifically but also universally as well

The idea of opening your boarders to those in need is obviously very relevant to our country right now and even just that you can't *just* take care of your own - you need to look beyond yourself to your family, to your community, to your nations, to other nations - but do it without losing who you are as well

I bet they could use it. The "land" or the other characters are not "Avengers" per say. I have been interested to see if he could have been or not. Some of the ancillary characters - Dr. Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy - are making appearances in the parks. I still think that even if he couldn't, that land could be so incredible in a park.

The movie itself was great. I was surprised by how much I liked it. And the villain might have been one of the most complex villains in any of these films. The lines of good and evil or black and white were so eloquently blurred in this movie. I can't remember the last villain that possessed the potential for so much sympathy. He was essentially exiled by the people that should have helped him - the "good" guys. It was truly well done.

Also interesting to me that the villain doing what he did les to the change in the end - that while not agreeing with his methods, T'Challa understood his motivation - sonit brings up the idea of creating a stir or driving a movement through something bold to illicit change

Also interesting to me that the villain doing what he did les to the change in the end - that while not agreeing with his methods, T'Challa understood his motivation - sonit brings up the idea of creating a stir or driving a movement through something bold to illicit change

I agree with this - T'Challa was changed by both learning the truth about his father (who he held in such high regard in Civil War and the beginning of Panther) and through seeing what leaving Killmonger behind and ignoring the world outside of Wakanda had caused (as portrayed through the evil part of Killmonger). There were other characters pushing him to consider this as well (Nakita's work as a spy and W'Kabi's rejection of the "old way"). I think this will be important for his character moving forward in other movies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter