Blended O'HANA: lights, water fountains, and characters OH MY!

I also agree the Ohana shirts are awesome! I love your blended family and I think Gia will have so many fond memories for the rest of her life!

Love all of the shirts you made! I'm like you... I can't do the whole "matchy-matchy" thing. My husband and oldest son aren't fans either, so even if I wanted to, I'd have to hear it from them.

I'm caught up again. Your outfit game is on point!! I love the shirts you had made for repping as Gia's Ohana! Super cute and flattering for everyone!

While I wish I would have realized that BEFORE “the lost years” (middle school, back when kids were still awkward),

She won't even look at pictures from her middle school years, but we still have them.

I probably put WAY too much thought into it. I like colors, everyone to be in different things, and quite frankly-- attention.

Yup this sums up my girls to a tee.

I swore I was going to be more creative than that. Yeah, that didn’t happen.

She had to eat her words on this.

My stepkid wants to be just like me

Gia wants to be another Michelle. She wants to dress like Michelle and even repeats what Michelle says.

upload_2018-4-24_10-14-0-png.318841

The only picture we got of all of us in our shirts and you can't even see them all.

Mom actually bought a khaki romper for JP right after he was born. It has dinosaur bones all over it, and she got it in a 12 month size with the anticipation he would wear it in Disney.

I loved this outfit. We found it at Carters. It was just perfect for AK.

Mom did her disneybound and she looks stinkin adorable! So proud of her, she never takes the time for herself to be as cute as she can be;

I really enjoyed putting this outfit together. I usually just dress for comfort. I ordered my shirt from Amazon, the necklace came from Etsy and I borrowed Danielle's ears. They were really great for holding my hair back.

JP's first outfit was an "original mouseketeer" onesie that he pooped through before we got to the park. Then he moved to Hipster Mickey that he peed on while getting his diaper changed at Be Our Guest.

We have some real interesting bathroom stories from this trip, this was just 2 of them. Guess who was cursed with dealing with them?

One of my favorite pictures from the trip. Believe it or not Jimmy took this with his phone.

Minnie and her Princess, Snow White.

Snow White is my princess by default. She did like my outfit and caught on that I was doing her. Because of the heat those pants came off after this.

And I was so sad Ariel wasn’t at this breakfast,

I was too. We had planned on doing dinglehopper pictures again with Ariel.

There were a lot of different ways to do this one, too. Villains, Star Wars, Pixar OH MY.

I just went with comfort this day since we would all be changing into our Ohana shirts later in the day.

I suggested I make everyone shirts.

I remember there being more than one person doing these shirts. I do give the majority of the credit to you. She did a great job designing the shirts. She also made sure I got the Cricut Easy Press for Christmas.

Great report! We were there that week as well. Also from Louisiana. My DD15 got a vinyl cutter a few years ago for Christmas so she is our shirt maker.

Bear with me. I'll start with myself.

This is probably a good idea. ::yes::

I'm Michelle. Self-proclaimed, born and bred, Disney addict.

:wave:

*hi, michelle*

:laughing:

Hi!

Love this. No, really... I love this shot.

She will always be my first baby, even though I got her after she was potty trained :)

This is a good idea. Wish I'd thought of that for mine.

After an early miscarriage

:hug:

and a long battle with doctors, we finally gave up. That month we stopped the medicines and cancelled the doctor appointments… happened to be the month we found out we were expecting our little man. John Paul (yes, he has a double first name)

A little miracle. :)
(And I've known several JPs.... at least 4.)

She had just went in May (WHEN I WAS BARELY 2 WEEKS POSTPARTUM!!!! #stillbitter)

We all know she just couldn’t hold out any longer on a trip while we waited until the baby was big enough.

Yup.
"So I was waiting in traffic for the light to turn green. It finally did. Yay! Let's celebrate by going to Disney!"

we do our best as parents to make life as seamless and easy as possible for a little girl that lives in two different houses any given week.

Stop! Are you trying to make me cry????

I just hope that she looks back one day and remembers how great her childhood was because she didn't have to choose between parents or sides.

:hug: That's wonderful. It really is.

Hi Everybody! I'm here too.

Hi Vanessa!

Michelle is a such a fun storyteller. She's my equal when it comes to loving Disney and planning Disney trips. It's a great feeling when you know you've done your job right and raised a true Disney addict(there are much worse things to be addicted to).

::yes::

AND THAT, MY FRIENDS, IS MY NUMBER ONE TIP FOR BRINGING BABIES TO DISNEY: WING IT.

So as much as I wanted this to be THE MOST MAGICAL TRIP EVER, our plans, and my expectations had to change a lot.

Oh yes. I frequently give out that advice. Always remember who you are doing this for. If you're taking your kids, then you're doing it for them. And their idea of the perfect Disney vacation my vary completely from yours.

My husband and I started the “it wouldn’t be THAT weird, would it?” conversation.

Uh, oh.... I know that conversation.

Then we found out right after that, that Gia’s First Communion was the same weekend as the wedding in Sedona, so we couldn’t go on that trip, either. Basically, had we waited, we could have done our own Disney Trip over Spring Break. But God works in mysterious ways, and this was all a part of His plan, apparently.

Meant to be.

Once we realized we would be getting in to Orlando about 3, I did that thing where I lower my expectations and decided we would just play at the hotel that evening and take it easy after traveling all day with a baby.

Good call. I wasn't there. Hasn't happened yet.... but good call.

Not only did we change resorts several times, we changed meals a bunch too.

Part of the fun. :)

Planning for Disney is always fun, but our conversations quickly go from “okay this is a good time of year” to “so where do you want to eat?” Food.

Gia cares too much only when she knows too much.

Ah yes... My youngest is like that.

When I was indecisive on things, I’d show G my 2 options and let her pick. But asking for her opinions on things or MENUS is just a terrible idea.

And that's exactly what I would do.
"Unbeknownst to DD, I have narrowed the choice from 100, to 2. She now feels that she has picked the restaurant."

She may only be 8, but she’s a worrier and an over-thinker, and her worst enemy is having too many options.

Yep. Exactly like my youngest. She's 17 now and still doing it.

FINAL PLANS, GOD HELP US:

Ha! "Final".... We'll just see about that!

:lmao:

Coral Reef Dinner (8pm for both families)

Just once, I want to be diving when someone I know is dining.

Next up: OUTFIT PLANNING! Because that’s DEFINITELY a thing, now.

Yes... it is... and....

Guys… I apologize in advance. The outfit planning is kind of MY THANNNNNG. And it’s not particularly masculine. But it is FUN!

.... yup.
Me: "One pair of shorts and a bunch of T's.... good enough! Let's go!"

Cute shot! :)

Just hangin' around. Did that quite a bit, too. :hug:

*yay new clothes*

upload_2018-4-24_10-27-40-png.318848

...had to sneak this picture of G with chocolate ice cream down her white shirt. She was not happy.

Nope! Oh, the ignominy!

JP (Prince Charming) and Cinderella.

Okay.. I really like that outfit. :)

(outfit complete with Rose choker from Hot Topic-- yep, i went there)

Do not mention Hot Topic to me.

Do. Not.

And I was so sad Ariel wasn’t at this breakfast, but here’s a better look at Gia’s outfit for the day. We made the shirt and went through 2 Amazon returns and a ton of shopping to get the leggings just right for her. I told you she was picky!

xqDYhsO4XuLpJsV0BQFecLJinJXaM4Y7kEMmGF3Ag1LFbUhwKVyR5913-P17uYUXDF4SD9Yf3mLl1UGzAjU8kOnO6_0aR0F6xCPu2YD_-blCmX2C7YCbeaqlm8qSRPx7xW8jyFgs

Those leggings are perfect!

:lmao:

I also agree the Ohana shirts are awesome!

Thank you! They were my favorite. Honestly, just thinking about it makes me so sad we didn't get a group shot. But we got lots of compliments. And Gia likes attention, but she doesn't command to be the center of attention. So it made her feel really good that we did that and everyone knew we were all there to watch her 15 minutes of fame!

I'm like you... I can't do the whole "matchy-matchy" thing.

can't. won't. it bother me.

Your outfit game is on point!! I love the shirts you had made for repping as Gia's Ohana! Super cute and flattering for everyone!

Thank you! Amazon!!! And yes, it was flattering. I made them blue, like her school color, so if she has a school thing, we can all wear them again. Except the boys, they'll obviously grow.

Guess who was cursed with dealing with them?

....then what's the common denominator here? Maybe it wasn't JPs fault. :rolleyes1

One of my favorite pictures from the trip. Believe it or not Jimmy took this with his phone.

This is the background on my work computer. This one I actually got with the camera, but Jimmy's was super cute, too!!!

I remember there being more than one person doing these shirts.

Mom was a BIG help in the t-shirt factory. She was a great wingman from the time we decided we were going on this trip, even until now as we talk about it, upload pictures, make photobooks, etc.

She also made sure I got the Cricut Easy Press for Christmas.

Well, technically Dad made sure you got it. I was the one pushing for you to get it for your bday (november) so we could start making stuff. Dad said no because he wanted your big gift to be your ring. LAME! :P

Great report! We were there that week as well. Also from Louisiana. My DD15 got a vinyl cutter a few years ago for Christmas so she is our shirt maker.

Thank you! Having the vinyl cutter has been so awesome. Great for gifts, projects, everything really! Got a first birthday next weekend and Friday night I've got a babysitter and a date with the cutting machine to get stuff done.

Love this. No, really... I love this shot.

bought those hands specifically with this shot in mind. it's a personal favorite!

(And I've known several JPs.... at least 4.)

Really?! Not common down here, but my cousin's wife is from up north and said you can walk into any room and there would be at least one. I was weird about it at first because people were weird about it. But it suits him, it's beautiful, means a lot to us, and it's a strong name for a kid with a very strong personality. We are Catholic, named him after Pope John Paul II, got the medal for his baptism, then a few months later had that metal blessed against a first class relic from Saint John Paul II! So I wear it everyday until he's old enough to appreciate it. Long story, shot... I love the name! And I love that you know several!

Always remember who you are doing this for. If you're taking your kids, then you're doing it for them.

This is a very good point and something I need to remind my Dad as he's deemed himself the trip planner of the next vacation. He likes to GO GO GO. But little kids don't GO GO GO like he does. noted.

"Unbeknownst to DD, I have narrowed the choice from 100, to 2. She now feels that she has picked the restaurant."

Parental Trickery at its finest. Actually, I have to do this for my husband too. But he specifically asks for that.

Right?!

sounds like my husband. There was one point in the trip that I went to do laundry and asked which of his shorts were dirty. He had no idea, he just wore whatever he grabbed when I told him what shirt he was wearing each day. And we sweat a lot each day. So, gross. I ended up just washing all of his shorts that didn't look like they were still packed.

Okay.. I really like that outfit. :)

It's a favorite. Saw it on Etsy and liked it. Opened the package and LOVED IT! It actually has his name on it on the badge.

Do not mention Hot Topic to me.

yuuuuuup. not particularly a fan. But they have the disney stuff! My sister loves it. My biggest complaint, besides the fact that I clearly do not belong in there, is that it's not stroller friendly. not that is should be. but, that's my complaint.

Those leggings are perfect!

we bought and returned so many pairs because she's so picky. when she opened this package I finally said, "if these don't work, there no time to order another. You're just going to have to deal with it." She loved them and all was

Yeah, I took this picture for obvious reasons. It is SO my husband. But I posted this picture because it's the best one I had of the Ohana shirts LOL.

Really?! Not common down here, but my cousin's wife is from up north and said you can walk into any room and there would be at least one.

Yep. And I have to up my total to at least 5. I forgot there's one at work, too. :laughing:

then a few months later had that metal blessed against a first class relic from Saint John Paul II!

No way! Cool!!
He was such a wonderful man.

This is a very good point and something I need to remind my Dad as he's deemed himself the trip planner of the next vacation. He likes to GO GO GO. But little kids don't GO GO GO like he does. noted.

Yup.

Aladdin's Magic Carpets.... 7 times in a row....... 7.... times..... :faint:

Parental Trickery at its finest. Actually, I have to do this for my husband too.

I love interacting with the guests (God only knows how many photo albums I'm in) but just once...

yuuuuuup. not particularly a fan. But they have the disney stuff! My sister loves it. My biggest complaint, besides the fact that I clearly do not belong in there, is that it's not stroller friendly. not that is should be. but, that's my complaint.

I was quite pleased when DD outgrew Hot Topic.

Joining in! My DD did Dance the World in 2014 so we did the kind of the same thing, I went with my husband, his son, my two kids, and my mom, and my ex and his girlfriend met us there. The kids loved having us both there!

I love that 'Ohana shirt too. So cute!

Hi Vanessa!

Greetings Ponzi!

Part of the fun. :)

I also helps pass the time until the trip.

Yep. Exactly like my youngest. She's 17 now and still doing it.

Sounds like we need to get Gia and Kay together.

I thought about you when we were there. We did not see any divers, it was a very late dinner.

.... yup.

That's no fun.

Cute shot! :)

I'm going to take credit for this one.

....then what's the common denominator here? Maybe it wasn't JPs fault. :rolleyes1

Oh yes it was. Maybe next time I'll pass on helping with the diapers.

This one I actually got with the camera, but Jimmy's was super cute, too!!!

It's really good. I didn't realize you had gotten some too.

Well, technically Dad made sure you got it. I was the one pushing for you to get it for your bday (november) so we could start making stuff. Dad said no because he wanted your big gift to be your ring. LAME! :P

I knew you would not let Dad get by with NOT getting it for me.

Yup.

Aladdin's Magic Carpets.... 7 times in a row....... 7.... times..... :faint:

What's the story on this?

Sounds like we need to get Gia and Kay together.

Never happen. They'll never agree on where to meet!

I thought about you when we were there. We did not see any divers, it was a very late dinner.

There's only two dives/day. I don't recall the exact times, but they're both late afternoon I believe.

That's no fun.

What's the story on this?

Well.... I always tell parents to remember why you're there. "I want to take junior/juniorette to Disney!"
Okay... Then do that and remember that's why you're there. If you're screaming at your kid about how much you paid to be there... :sad2:
And their idea of a fun trip will differ from yours. My DDs were 4 and 8 when we took them the first time. They were scared of HM so we didn't go. (No HM!!! :faint:) They were scared of coasters, so no coasters. Then we happened to be walking by Carpets and "Can we go on that?" Basically a glorified carnival ride, right? But... "Sure!"

Seven times in a row. I've never been so sick of a ride.

But the point is.... they had a ball. (Rode figment several times too... that was their fave.) We stopped everyday and went back to the hotel for pool time which they loved. We only stayed out late one night to watch Wishes so they could get enough sleep...

Result? They loved the trip, they fell in love with Disney.

Loving this trip report! I bet it was amazing to get to see Gia dance at such an amazing place. Where was her performance? Also, the Gia's ohana shirt are the BEST. How supportive and SUPER cute.

Never happen. They'll never agree on where to meet!

So true!

They were scared of HM so we didn't go. (No HM!!! :faint:)

We didn't do HM either this trip. Same reason .

Seven times in a row. I've never been so sick of a ride.

You'e a great Dad. Gia and JP would have been happy to do Small World that many times but the lines were too long .

Result? They loved the trip, they fell in love with Disney.

:hug:

Joining in! My DD did Dance the World in 2014 so we did the kind of the same thing, I went with my husband, his son, my two kids, and my mom, and my ex and his girlfriend met us there. The kids loved having us both there!

I love that 'Ohana shirt too. So cute!

Thank you and WELCOME! I love hearing stories about other people that did this, too. I know it's not "the norm" but it feels good to feel a little more normal. It's hard for me to understand a lot, since my parents have been together for over 30 years. But this is GIA'S normal, so we try to do our best to make it as normal as possible for her.

yuuuuuup. gotta keep my hands busy.

Maybe next time I'll pass on helping with the diapers.

BUT YOU'RE SO GOOD AT IT :worship:

They'll never agree on where to meet!

HILARIOUS!

Well.... I always tell parents to remember why you're there.

I love this. this whole story. this whole point. all of this.

Where was her performance?

She danced in downtown Disney on the stage across from the World of Disney! It was really neat to do. All the groups from the studio performed. Drew a nice crowd. People would ask what we were waiting for, and we would tell them and make friends (my father in law has never met a stranger), and they would stay and watch, and cheer Gia on with us. She danced for maybe 90 seconds, but I know she was on top of the world!

Just found your TR. Wow, what fun!! Love the outfits. SO CUTE how the 2 little guys seem to love Tigger!
I don't have the energy to be as extra as you, but it sure is fun to read about/look at pictures of you guys' extra-ness! LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter