Blizzard Beach vs Typhoon Lagoon For a 4 Year Old?

Michaelsch

Earning My Ears
We will be taking our daughter to DW this October. She will have just turned 4. Which water park is better for 4-year-olds, Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon? We aren't interested in doing anything ourselves, we just want our daughter to have fun so we probably wouldn't do any of the adult rides at all.

If you aren't doing anything for yourselves (which I'd encourage you to reconsider), then I'd lean slightly toward BB. It has Tykes Peak and Ski Patrol, which are kiddie areas. TL has kid areas too, very cool ones actually, but BB may have just a bit more.

At 4yo, our kids were more than happy w/ the resort pool.

If I had to choose between the WPs, BB has more options for younger kids and their wave pool isn't as challenging.

Blizzard Beach was absolutely fabulous for my 4 year old last spring. I haven’t been to typhoon lagoon since 1990, so I can’t speak to that, but B.B. has multiple designated kids’ areas depending on the comfort level of your 4 year old.

At that age, we actually preferred TL. Their kiddie area is in a great location for the parents to swap for rides. It’s also really cute and fun for them. Also, near Crush n Gusher is a sandy beach area (great if you have a shovel and pail), and a pool area built into the spillway for CnG. You can wait at the bottom and swim while you watch mom or dad slide down. Our DD was even tall enough at 4 to ride. And you can’t beat the wave pool. Ours loved playing in the smaller waves, and waiting for the big wave to come!

BB closes for refurbished starting October 28.

I'd say it depends on your kid. The kids areas at BB are more adventurous, but some of it in the Ski Patrol area may be too advanced. The lazy river at both parks are great. The wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon is awesome, but the waves are kinda crazy. They do have an area off to the side with a couple of small kids slides though and the water there isn't nearly as choppy from the waves. TL has 2 family raft slides, one of which is pretty new. BB has one and you will have to either take the ski lift up to it or walk up about a million stairs to get to the ride entrance.

My toddler seemed to like TL just a little bit better. My 8 yo seemed to like BB just a little bit better, but they both had fun at each. I don't think you can really go wrong.

Also, near Crush n Gusher is a sandy beach area (great if you have a shovel and pail), and a pool area built into the spillway for CnG. You can wait at the bottom and swim while you watch mom or dad slide down. Our DD was even tall enough at 4 to ride. And you can’t beat the wave pool. Ours loved playing in the smaller waves, and waiting for the big wave to come!

She must have been way off the height charts. Crush n Gusher has a 48" height requirement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter