BLT standard studio room quality

suse66

When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true!
Hi all,

I have a standard view studio booked this August at BLT and have heard mixed reviews on the condition of the rooms. Some reviews say they are perfectly adequate and others swear they will never stay there again. Has anyone in the group stayed there recently and would be willing to offer some feedback on their experiences?

Would you stay there for location or switch to Saratoga or Old Key West?

Thank you!

Hi all,

I have a standard view studio booked this August at BLT and have heard mixed reviews on the condition of the rooms. Some reviews say they are perfectly adequate and others swear they will never stay there again. Has anyone in the group stayed there recently and would be willing to offer some feedback on their experiences?

Would you stay there for location or switch to Saratoga or Old Key West?

Thank you!
The bigger question is how many people do you have? The living/sleeping part of the room is tiny.

All DVC units vary by quality unit to unit. You could be in a pristine unit and the one up the hall has non-working drawers.

There is no one answer.

The BLT studios are tiny. So people probably notice more.

The bigger question is how many people do you have? The living/sleeping part of the room is tiny.
It’s just me on a solo trip.
All DVC units vary by quality unit to unit. You could be in a pristine unit and the one up the hall has non-working drawers.

There is no one answer.

The BLT studios are tiny. So people probably notice more.
That’s true. Some guests are very hard on the rooms which can affect room quality. Have you stayed at BLT lately?

We were in a GV in January and it was fine. But it is due for a refurb so you could get a room in good condition still or one showing its wear.

I would still choose it.

I was just in a 2 BR dedicated theme park view. I thought it was in very good condition. If I was to be extremely nit-picky, the only negative was that the sliding door to the balcony on of the rooms seem to be very stiff.

We stayed in a studio recently and found it dated, but fine. The dresser was old and had some dings, and the carpet was a little worn, but none of it bothered me.

The studios have a strange set-up with that galley kitchenette, and there isn't much room on the bathroom sink for toiletries, but as a solo traveler, you should be fine.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again before it's refurbished (and in fact, we are).

The studios have a strange set-up with that galley kitchenette, and there isn't much room on the bathroom sink for toiletries, but as a solo traveler, you should be fine.

I know that setup is commonly criticized, but I love the kitchenette at BLT studios.

To OP, BLT definitely needs a refurb, but it isn’t as bad as Boardwalk was pre refurb. BLT was clean, well kept, just outdated (that TV sucks!). Boardwalk was outdated and distressed, and moldy in places. OKW/SSR are a huge downgrade IMO, even though the rooms are nicer.

While BLT is scheduled for a hard goods refurbishment later this year, we believe the villas are still in good condition.

In 2013, we stayed in a VGF studio 1.5 months after it opened. Someone must have spilled their entire cup of hot chocolate as there was a circular stain, in front of the couch, greater than a foot in diameter.

Newer resorts do not always have villas in better condition. It truly depends on the wear of the assigned villa.

Design issues like the lack of USB ports, smallish TV and the rather basic bathroom furnishings will stand out immediately. Especially if you're familiar with more recently updated Disney Deluxe / DVC resorts.

As others have said, room condition will vary from one to the next. Some will have carpet that's more worn. Some will have furniture with chips. It just depends on how those rooms have weathered the last decade. I've stayed at BLT twice in the last 15 months and didn't have any noteworthy issues in either room. Except for the sorts of outdated things I mentioned.

I'm curious what they will do with that gallery kitchen area. I love that addition with the sink, pull out shelves, full length mirror, and counter space with mirror. Even though the rooms are a tad smaller, I really love those studios. I'm sure they will remove the table and chairs and add those pull-out tables. I absolutely hated that table and ottomans in the refurbished BW studios.

Last edited:
Design issues like the lack of USB ports, smallish TV and the rather basic bathroom furnishings will stand out immediately. Especially if you're familiar with more recently updated Disney Deluxe / DVC resorts.

As others have said, room condition will vary from one to the next. Some will have carpet that's more worn. Some will have furniture with chips. It just depends on how those rooms have weathered the last decade. I've stayed at BLT twice in the last 15 months and didn't have any noteworthy issues in either room. Except for the sorts of outdated things I mentioned.

Ideally (as a former IT Security professional) don't use the USB ports in the room for anything with data on it. Its a simple process to remove the wall plate/lamp base/etc. and put a device in there to jack your data. Disney housekeeping, which often cannot find Cheerios under the bed, will never find the device. Bring a power adapter. (I don't mind plugging my e-Reader into a provided USB port. Cell phone, never).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter