Boardwalk Inn or Beach Club with an only child teen (family of 3)

chucksusanandgrace

Mouseketeer
We are looking to stay at either of the following. BWI, BC or AKL

We don't want a big party place obviously. I'm worried about BWI being too much for partiers or couples without kids/teens. We will spend some time at the pool but not a ton and would like it nice pool to swim in. However, we don't want to be bombarded by a TON of kids or be overloaded with adults only. lol Yes, we sound picky. Just looking for the best place where our teen will fit in.

We've stayed at Wilderness Lodge and Port Orleans Riverside. The food selection at both were great.

I've heard Beach Club is out dated. Is this true?

We like the convenience of walking to Epcot or HS

Thank you so so much!

Last edited:
BC is our favorite resort. If you're looking for a great pool, BC is your place. It's not outdated at all. All the rooms were refurbished rather recently, it was completed in 2015 or 2016, don't remember exactly (on the contrary I would say that the rooms at BWI look dated). There are a lot of food options in the area at BC/YC, BW and WS.

I don't think you have anything to worry about BWI being overrun with partiers. They have alcohol and lounges at all the deluxes and mods so I don't know why the BWI would be any different.

I wonder also if they will accommodate our request for 2 queen beds. They talk a lot about 1 queen and a day bed, or 1 queen and a pull out chair, etc. Praying I get what we requested. Thank you. Glad to hear your reply.

No one drinking in Disney, whether at a resort or in the parks, should really have any impact on you at all. Just wondering based on your other post is there something specifically that’s worrying you about how your teen will feel? Unless someone is bothering me or my kids I don’t really care if they’re drunk or not. Any Disney resort is appropriate for children.

I also read your other post, it sounds like you have already decided that BWI is not for you. Why not try a split stay at Wilderness Lodge and a new hotel? There aren't any guarantees at any hotel that there "won't be a ton of kids, or overloaded with adults, or too much for partiers." Everyone's interpretation of these things can be quite different. That's why Disney offers so many different options.

These are DVC rooms.

Not true.
OP. I don’t know how to help you.
I have read all of your individual post today. I have responded. As others here have stated you seem to be worried a lot.
You’ve started many posts today. You’ve gotten many responses. How can we help you?

When our kids were teens, they loved the BWI and BWV. The hotel hallways remind them of the Shining, so they always say "redrum" while we are there. I have never found the BW area to be loud, not even our BW view room. We find it to be very entertaining and enjoyable. We like to be where the action is and watch people!

The pool is very nice and often has spots open. We found the YC/BC pool SAB to be very crowded and not very relaxing.

BWI is a great location and easy walk to EPCOT and a decent walk to DS.

We LOVE the BWI...
And I toured rooms at Beach last year and loved those, too.

Worrying about drunks at either resort is a waste of a good worry...lol.
It could happen ANYWHERE, but the likelihood is incredibly low.

You’d have a much greater chance of a squirrel or bird stealing your muffin on the Boardwalk.

I wonder also if they will accommodate our request for 2 queen beds. They talk a lot about 1 queen and a day bed, or 1 queen and a pull out chair, etc. Praying I get what we requested. Thank you. Glad to hear your reply.
If you get a queen bed and a sleeper sofa at BWVillas or BCVillas, you are booking a DVC villa (studio, one or two bedroom villa), not a hotel room. Both BC and BWInn have the majority of rooms with two queen beds. In this case the DVC villas are collocated with the hotel in either a separate wing (BWV) or building (BCV).

We just returned from Beach Club with two young adults and a teenager. It was during race weekend so bear in mind it was a little chaotic. When are you going? You need to decide what is important to you. Our family doesn’t really care for beach or yacht club. The pool has lots of kids and It’s too big for us. We also prefer to be closer to magic kingdom. You need to decide what is most important to you and pick your resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter