Boardwalk to Go, Hotdogs?

Here now.

No hot dog/funnel cake stand at boardwalk. Espn turning into some cake place (cake bake?). Boardwalk bakery is now boardwalk deli. Refillable mug $21+tax. Drink stand for your mug runs out of ice by mid day; lemonade and seltzer water doesn’t always work.

Pizza window - no pie option. They claim the slices are “large” at $9/each.

Beaches and cream: Kitchen sink $36, burgers $20, anemic looking chicken sandwich $19. It’s a little disappointing. Our lunch was $80 for 3 ppl and we barely ate (small portions). It is what it is.

We are ordering amazon fresh and making our own food 50% of the time….

Quick service seems to have teeny portions (satuuli cafe, cooks cafe in poly, etc). My 13 yr old needs 2 adult meals to “not be hungry”

Hopefully that hotdog place and the other stand will reopen. We did make a joke in May of wondering how much Disney would want to rent that stall. You could make a killing with dogs fries wings etc. Clearly the demand is there.
I think you hit it on the head. Disney's crazy rent and lease fees is why the ESPN Club closed. ESPN was perfect for that location and sorely missed by me.

I am still stuck on the Pizza window it was 18 in 2019 and they had a good meatball sub. Skipped 2020 2021 it was 21 or 22 OK still good pizza yes a small pie by pizza shop standards 22 I heard ,stayed at WL, it was sometimes a pie sometimes 8 a slice now 9… I had a pulled pork sandwich once from one of the oaths never again…this is sad it was nice to get a table order a pie and enjoy the BW at night.

Here now.

No hot dog/funnel cake stand at boardwalk. Espn turning into some cake place (cake bake?). Boardwalk bakery is now boardwalk deli. Refillable mug $21+tax. Drink stand for your mug runs out of ice by mid day; lemonade and seltzer water doesn’t always work.

Pizza window - no pie option. They claim the slices are “large” at $9/each.

Beaches and cream: Kitchen sink $36, burgers $20, anemic looking chicken sandwich $19. It’s a little disappointing. Our lunch was $80 for 3 ppl and we barely ate (small portions). It is what it is.

We are ordering amazon fresh and making our own food 50% of the time….

Quick service seems to have teeny portions (satuuli cafe, cooks cafe in poly, etc). My 13 yr old needs 2 adult meals to “not be hungry”
Wow! Last month the servings were huge! But we had the French dip, Reuben, and grilled cheese. No burgers. They were all massive with the fries.

Eh, the corn dog thing is not too exciting but better than having it sit empty I guess. Can't even get fries with the corn dog, just a bag of chips 😴

Maybe the wdw one will have a different menu, we'll see.

We were happy to discover this place a few years ago for our Mr Picky son, and did get French fries and corn dogs a few times, but they took FOREVER to make, and often waited in the blazing sun. very slow service. But still an option for stuff like french fries, when we didn't feel like walking all the way back to Epcot. Hope the new place will at least have fries, corndogs, and not be as slow.

We were happy to discover this place a few years ago for our Mr Picky son, and did get French fries and corn dogs a few times, but they took FOREVER to make, and often waited in the blazing sun. very slow service. But still an option for stuff like french fries, when we didn't feel like walking all the way back to Epcot. Hope the new place will at least have fries, corndogs, and not be as slow.
Yeah the pizza window is notoriously slow, too. Which I wouldn't even mind so much if there was some seating to use while you wait. There are a few benches and tables, but I never find an open seat when I need one, usually in the evening. If the limited menu speeds up the service, decent trade off I guess. Hopefully it does.

TBH these days it makes more sense for us to order door dash to eat at the hotel than try to use the QS in that area. It won't take much longer (if any) be cheaper and you can get anything you want. Last time we were at the Swan, I ordered as I was walking past the pizza place, and it was there not long after I finished walking back to my room. Uber/Lyft and Door Dash has changed the way we do WDW quite a bit, even though we stay on site.

Last edited:
So the corn dogs wont be there next week when I visit (I've never had one) and the Ruben at the Bake shop was not all that good but they opened up a new Carousel Coffee shop a little while ago to my understanding. Is it decent and where exactly is that in the hotel?

So the corn dogs wont be there next week when I visit (I've never had one) and the Ruben at the Bake shop was not all that good but they opened up a new Carousel Coffee shop a little while ago to my understanding. Is it decent and where exactly is that in the hotel?

The coffee shop is just off the lobby in the spot where the little store used to be..right before the elevators to the DVC rooms.

The coffee shop is just off the lobby in the spot where the little store used to be..right before the elevators to the DVC rooms.
WHAT?? They got rid of the little store? Where am I going to get gummies?? Next you are going to tell me they are getting rid of the clown slide.

WHAT?? They got rid of the little store? Where am I going to get gummies?? Next you are going to tell me they are getting rid of the clown slide.
They moved the gummies down to the Screen Door.

And I guess you know it’s RIP clown on the slide, but the best slide at a wdw resort is still there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter