Boatwright's- Honest opinions wanted

bridgettesmom

<font color=green>Got a tag because she eats all h
We will be at POR the saturday during Columbus weekend and I'm expecting big crowds. On that Saturday, we will be not be doing any parks and we will be moving from the Poly to POR. Should I make a PS for Boatwight's, eat at the food court or just go to Downtown Disney and grab a sandwich or a pizza. Did you enjoyed your Dinner at Boatwright's?

:wave2:

I truly believe Boatwright's is one of those restaurants at WDW that is looked over. Last year we loved our meal so much that we went 2x. Whenever one of us mention this now that we are home my dad says stop teasing- can we be there for dinner tonight? The food is excellent- I loved the red pepper ravioli and the pot roast!!! You can only eat so much fried food and buffets. I hope you decide to go. ENJOY!!!!

Linda

I agree! We really like to go to Boatwrights for breakfast and dinner. Good food and good prices. Another overlooked restaurant in the area is Olivia's.

I had dinner there last September and it was very good, and really not crowded. I had the glazed chicked and ordered a side of grilled asparagus, it was yummy!

A few years back I wasn't a huge Boatwrights fan. I tried it again a couple years ago and had the Four Cheese Ravioli - it was wonderful. Tried it again for breakfast (hadn't eaten there since the bfast buffet in 2000) and had the Banana Stuffed French Toast - yummy!

The only negative I can think of is neither time the service was too quick, even though the restaurant wasn't crowded.

I'd definitely say go for it, it's underrated.
:)

While we have never had dinner at Boatwrights, we have eaten breakfast here many times. There sweet potato pancakes are so good......

Just goes to show that different people have different experiences and tastes, but for what it is worth, and this is only my opinion, Boatwright's is hands down the worst meal I have ever eaten at WDW in the 25+ times I have been there.

Breakfast there in Sept of 2002 was horrible. The food was dry, hard, and tasteless (as though it had been under a heat lamp for wayyyy too long) and our service was terrible although the dining room was not busy. Waitress never came back to our table to ask if everything was ok, or if we wanted drink refills. We waited 20 min after completing our meal before we finally had to flag down another server to ask if we could get our bill.

I have stayed at Port Orleans several times, and gone to Boatwrights once for breakfast and 2 or 3 times for dinner. Although the food was decent, the service was not. I would recommend Olivia's at nearby OKW before Boatwrights.

My son and I enjoyed our breakfast at Boatrights last November. I thought the food was very good and the service "relaxed." Definitely not crowded so PS wasn't needed for us.

Wow, I certainly appreciate all your opinions!!

Thank you!!

Anybody else??

::yes::

Another "Not a Fan" of Boatwrights. We ate thereon our trip in April 03 and do not plan on returning there. Service was very slow and they were not busy at all. I do not remember exactly what I had, but it had shrimp and pasta in it and it was very greasy. Ick. DH has some kind of beef that ended up being more gristle than beef. I do not remember what the rest of the group had but it is best described as edible but not good.

I did not eat dinner at Boatwrights when I stayed at POR this year, but I did eat their breakfast. The breakfast menu was decent and I liked my omlette. DW had Stuffed French Toast which was good, but very rich. Prices were ok as well as the service. The only bad thing for me was the atmosphere. There wasn't any. I would try the complimentary boat ride from POR to DTD and eat there.

Couldn't disagree more about Boatwright's not having atmosphere. The theming is great, IMO!!! I love the partially built boat hanging from the ceiling, the boat building tools all over the walls, the sketches of boats on the walls. So charming! Our dinner was really good in May 2003 and we never miss breakfast there!

Funny that someone mentioned Olivia's at OKW as an alternative. See my review I just posted tonight. Just goes to show that every place can have an off night!

We stayed at POR in May of this year. We ate at Boatwright's once for breakfast and once for dinner. We loved breakfast: food, service, everything was top notch.

Dinner was another story. Food was very pricey for the quality. Service was OK, but when you don't enjoy the food, it keeps you from returning! We won't be back for dinner.

We've eaten there for breakfast and dinner many times, and always had very good to excellent meals and service. (Of course, we are not the 'get in, get our food, scarf it down and get out quick' type of diners, so we don't mind a more relaxed pace with a meal, but I would never call the service we had 'slow' either.) In fact, we have actually travelled to POR to eat there when staying at other resorts, and there aren't many moderate hotel restaurants we would do that for!

Boatwrights -

Hi all,
Had dinner at Boatwrights a week ago today and all four of us liked it very much. Two said their prime rib was great and my wife's strip steak went over well. The Jambalaya was a little too spicy for me, but tasty. After dinner we watched Bob Jackson in the lounge until 10:00 - he was the reason we were at POR in the first place - and he is just a great entertainer. Then took the boat to DTD which allows spectacular views of the area as the boat approaches the landing.

We ate at Boatwrights once...it was about 4 years ago. We really liked it. Don't know why we haven't gone back...probably because we're lazy and don't want to have to drive there. We were pleasantly surprised. Some friends of ours were staying there and that's the only reason we tried it. Otherwise, I think I would have never thought of it. It is indeed an overlooked restaurant.

PamNC

We stayed at Dixie Landings four times in the past (before the name change). We go back on most trips to walk around since then and have eaten at Boatwright's twice since then. I don't think Boatwright's is anything special.

If it was up to me (& it usually isn't), I would eat at the food court. It's the best at WDW! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter