BOG light breakfast to see castle vs. more ride time?

BLdisney

Mouseketeer
We will be at MK on 12/29 (so will be outrageously busy). EMH at 7 AM, regular park opening at 8AM that day. We plan to be there near 7 (!) and have FPs for 7DMT, PP and BTMT. We currently have a 9:20 BOG ADR, mainly so that we can see the inside of the castle. I know we can order a light breakfast but debating if it is worth it to use that morning time when ride waits may be a bit less.

We have an 11:30 ADR for lunch so feels like I may be scheduling too much restaurant time.

We are a party of 7 including an 8 year old, 6 year old and 10 month old (as well as my Mom and sister, and DH so technically also a 5 year old). :D We will only have this 1 day at MK during this 3 day trip.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

The inside of the castle is worth a visit and the least expensive time would be breakfast...but....if I were doing that i would cancel lunch and wing it with a hotdog or something...you dont say where lunch is so.....I mean the kids are young enough they could see it another time... even some grown men i know were impressed with the inside of the castle...

Thanks! Lunch is at Crystal Palace. I think you’re right, it’s a decision between one of those, to keep both seems like too much..

We only do BOG breakfast if we can get get a pre-park open reservation with the intention of riding either 7DMT or PP then Haunted Mansion right when they allow us to go. Basically we look at it as buying a fastpass for certain rides since they are walk in those few minutes before the offical park open people get there. But I really don't think it's worth the price of breakfast outside that. If you do end up going, I'd split 2 breakfast entrees. They almost all come with a pastry plate so two entrees would be enough food to tide your whole party over until your Crystal Palace reservation.

The inside of the castle is worth a visit and the least expensive time would be breakfast...but....if I were doing that i would cancel lunch and wing it with a hotdog or something...you dont say where lunch is so.....I mean the kids are young enough they could see it another time... even some grown men i know were impressed with the inside of the castle...

How is breakfast the least expensive time? An adult meal is $29, while you can get lunch much cheaper then that.

Another option would be to use BOG more as a snack. Order drinks and split a few cupcakes so that you can get in and see the Beast's Castle without devoting a lot of time or stomach space to it.

If you want to see the inside of the Castle, keep the ADR and those of you who want to go can have a snack. You can order as much or as little as you wish, so a cupcake or coffee is fine. If you are worried about how much you can do in your MK day, then best to cancel it and see it another time.

I would not cancel Crystal Palace. Your family will want lunch, and during the Holiday haveing an ADR is priceless.

I think you need to cancel either BOG or CP...just depends on which you would prefer and how you want to structure your morning. I personally would keep BOG and move CP to later. But that is because on those early EMH days, we are up and out by 5:45 and don't really have the time or appetite to eat much that early. Maybe just a banana and coffee or some dry cheerios.

So another thing to consider is when/what are you going to eat for breakfast that will keep everyone full until your lunch at CP at 11:30? You will probably be leaving your hotel room before 6:00 a.m. if you want to do EMH at 7:00. So you might be ready for a break and a big breakfast at 9:20. You can get a lot done from 7:00-9:15 and then head to BOG for a big breakfast and a break. If you do that, then I would move CP to a late lunch around 2:00.

Happy planning!

Definitely would cancel BOG. The inside of the "castle" is cool but it's definitely something you can do another time when it's not so busy and when you don't already have an 11:30 ADR. Use that time to do as many rides as you can before lunch. Have something quick in the room or at your hotel before you get to MK.

Crystal Palace is great with lots of food options for everyone and feels more "worth" the price because it's buffet, all you can eat and you meet the characters. BOG at breakfast is very expensive for what you get, it's also first come, first serve for seating and can be loud and chaotic. I would definitely opt for Crystal Palace and plan to do BOG another time. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter