BOG lunch now...braised pork gone...tiny portion...

DisBuckMan

DIS Veteran
We are at BOG now for lunch. Pre-ordered braised pork. When they brought it out, we noticed that the portion size was about like the kid's used to be. Then noticed it is now chicken. We knew the change to chicken was coming, but we should have been told when checking in. It's good, but not as good as the pork was, and there is no way two can share it anymore...I'm still hungry after finishing mine.

They said today is the first day of the transition.

We are at BOG now for lunch. Pre-ordered braised pork. When they brought it out, we noticed that the portion size was about like the kid's used to be. Then noticed it is now chicken. We knew the change to chicken was coming, but we should have been told when checking in. It's good, but not as good as the pork was, and there is no way two can share it anymore...I'm still hungry after finishing mine.

They said today is the first day of the transition.
And I wanted to order the braised pork for our lunch in late July. I better study the new menu before we preorder.

Thank you for letting us know. The Braised Pork was one of my favorite dishes.

I see the Braised Chicken is not only smaller, but more expensive at $18.99. Actually, it looks like they raised prices across the board.

That was my favorite entrée. Last time I was there I ventured out and got the French dip sandwich (which wasn't that great), now I regret that decision. I guess in Nov I'll have to go with the Turkey sandwich.

Ugh - it also looks like they got rid of the vegetable quiche and the quinoa salad and the potato leek soup, which leaves the white bean cassoulet as the only vegetarian option for my DD unless she wants to order the kids' macaroni and marinara.

Look, I have to ask.... how is chicken "braised pork"? It's chicken. That's not an honest menu, to me....
BOG, for all of it's great architecture, continues to amaze me for it's low quality :(.
It says chicken. Looks like DisBuckMan got caught on the change-over and wasn't notified about the change before arrival.

That's disappointing to hear. First the original roast beef sandwich, now the pork. The list of what my family would like eat there is getting smaller with each menu change.

This is just really sad.

I assume OP could have gotten money back for ordering pork and getting the chicken, if OP had asked.

As for portion size, hopefully that's an. opening day mistake. We'll see on that.

We noticed the small portions too. My kids both had the pasta, finished every noodle and were looking for more. I had to give them the rest of my sandwich so they wouldn't be hungry. And fries! :scared: I would have mentioned it to a server but no one was around.

Ugh, one of us orders it every time. Sorry to hear it is gone...it makes me want to rethink lunch options but DD loves going in and lunch is a way less pricey option than dinner

The food at BOG lunch is just awful in my opinion. I love quiche but the quiche there is disgusting. Why not serve the quiche they serve at the bakery in back of Chef de France. I used to love to get it for lunch at Chef de France for years. They need to get a few decent entrees. I’d be happy with even a BLT. I would only recommend lunch there if you want to see the place. Even the desserts I’ve had are not good.

This does not bode well. Hopefully, people will start sharing pictures of the new entrees and portion sizes.

We just got home last night after a week at WDW.

To follow up...the side of green beans are no longer included with the braised *chicken* also. My plate (no longer served in a bowl) had basically one ice cream scoop of mashed potatoes, much less chicken than what one small to medium breast would be, one asparagus "head", two or three green beans, and two cherry tomatoes.

I asked the lady who brought our order if they'd accidentally sent kids' meals instead of the adults. She smirked and said I wasn't the first person who had complained, and no one seemed happy about the change.

Sorry folks...I'm not one to sit at the table and take pictures of my food.

I didn't think the braised pork was large enough to share as it was. It was good for one person.

Yeah, we never shared it either, but I know lots of folks here do, or claim to.

It used to be a good, hearty meal for one, IMO. Me, my wife, and my 13 year old son all left hungry after finishing every bite. Wife and son also had a master's cupcake, which we already know are ridiculously small, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter