BOG or BOMA dilemma

katriscari

Mouseketeer
We (me, hubby, DS 8, DS 10 months) are heading to DW May 6-16, 2017. We are staying at AKL-Jambo. The last time we stayed at AKL we smelled BOMA constantly. I vowed to book it for our next trip. Here we are fast approaching arrival day. I've also been trying to get BOG (after all of the Beauty & The Beast hype) and scored an 815p reservation on the 15th. We have never had dinner at either place. Any suggestions?! We will be going back to DW next year too at the end of April, so this isn't a one & done issue.

May 15: BOMA 640p and BOG 815p WHICH ONE DO I KEEP? :worried:

Our other dining is:
May 6: Chef Mickey dinner 740p
May 7: Whispering Canyon 545p
May 8: via Napoli 105p
May 9 -nothing
May 10-Crystal Palace 1030a
May 11: KONA 9am
May 12: Trattoria Al Forno 5pm
May 13: 1900PF 510p
May 14: Beaches & Cream 6p
May 16- nothing

What are your plans the rest of the day?

I think BOG at 8:05pm is a bit late for dinner. I would go with Boma. Especially since you are staying at AKL. They have an awesome breakfast buffet as well!

Have you ever been to Be Our Guest before? If you have not I suggest you keep that reservation. Could you move your Boma reservation to one of your days with nothing on them? Or have it on the day you have Kona for breakfast?

I was also going to mention that along with a fabulous dinner buffet, Boma also has a great breakfast buffet.

Perhaps do Boma dinner on the 9th when you have nothing planned? There is so much to be said for doing dinner at Boma when you are staying at AKL.

What about replacing Trattoria al Forno with Boma (unless you are doing it for logistical reasons of taking a break during Epcot touring)? Boma is such a unique experience - and food that you will not easily find at home - Italian food is probably ubiquitous by your house.

With a 10 month old I would recommend an earlier Boma reservation. Judgement free zone as you as parent know your own kids better than anyone. But an 815 bog will end about 930 and then leaving the park with the masses with a baby sounds like a potential disaster waiting to happen.

With a 10 month old I would recommend an earlier Boma reservation. Judgement free zone as you as parent know your own kids better than anyone. But an 815 bog will end about 930 and then leaving the park with the masses with a baby sounds like a potential disaster waiting to happen.

I'm trying to get an earlier BOG. Still have touring plans searching. I moved BOMA to May 9. he's a pretty laid back baby, but I know Disney is a different animal lol

Have you ever been to Be Our Guest before? If you have not I suggest you keep that reservation. Could you move your Boma reservation to one of your days with nothing on them? Or have it on the day you have Kona for breakfast?

This is what I did. May 9th boma and hoping for earlier BOG!

Boma is my favorite restaurant on property, hands down. I'd save BOG for the next time. I agree with PP that waiting until after 8pm for dinner with young ones might be hard since they'll no doubt be tired. That's just my opinion.

Both Boma and BOG are wonderful. I hope you get to do both. If I had to pick one, I would pick BOG simply for the experience of eating in the castle. I also like being served as opposed to having to go to a buffet. That can be more of a challenge with children. I find myself standing and getting food for the children more than enjoying my own food.

Your dining reservations look pretty full, but I will also suggest Sanaa, if you happen to be at the resort for lunch one of your days. It is our favorite restaurant on property (actually, it is my favorite restaurant anywhere). You just take a quick resort shuttle or walk over to AKV. Sanaa is fabulous.

Hope you have a great trip. Can't say enough good things about Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Had to jump on as I assumed most would recommend Boma. My family just didn't care for it. So I would look at the menus and make a decision from there.

Had to jump on as I assumed most would recommend Boma. My family just didn't care for it. So I would look at the menus and make a decision from there.

An attorney I work with told me the same thing! My husband and older son are not adventurous eaters at all. My 10 month old will probably love it because he will try anything right now HAHAHA. I am debating the cost as well. I think it is pretty pricy at dinner time. I just booked flights for an adults only October trip, and canceling this reservation would pretty much pay for that. I will probably wait until 24 hours before though. Once I start smelling it, BOMA might rope me in for good! People say breakfast is amazing there, but I wanted to try different foods and have some zebra domes. I was also toying around the idea of just making a Sanaa reservation to do the bread service, since we are staying at AKL.

I would prefer BOG. But try and get an earlier reservation. I didn't care for BOMA either. The Zebra domes were nice. But the food wasn't to my taste. The food at BOG is lovely as is the atmosphere. Right there in the Beast castle in MK!

I think you know your baby so you know if the late meal at BOG is an issue.

My family did not like Boma. I did but was the only one. The rest found the food was okay, and that the crowded tables were awkward. WE were staying at AKL so the meal was very convenient, but honestly we felt like cattle in a stall. We won't go back unless we are staying at AKL, and even then it would be tough to convince them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter