Boma vs Ohana breakfast

We've done both and we much prefer Ohana breakfast. If you want characters then definitely Ohana is the win. Kids can see Stitch, Mickey, Pluto and Lilo. And they also do a fun parade around the dining room. Yes, Boma has more variety since it's a buffet whereas Ohana is a all you care to enjoy family style platter of eggs, waffles, potatoes, etc. Boma didn't impress me. The food was good but nothing special, I ate everything from the african bobotie to the goat cheese eggs, nothing that special. The food at Ohana is good, nothing is amazing here either, but overall we prefer it for several reasons. At Ohana, we had a 9:05am Res, were seated after meeting Stitch out front and had excellent service. At Boma we had a 9:40am res and it was jammed until we walked out close to 11:15am. It took us about 15 min waiting in line to get our food and head back to our table and unfortunately we also had a slow waitress, she didn't clear plates as she should and when it was time to pay she was no where to be found. It's not worth it to pay over $100 for breakfast when I have to wait in a long line for my food. I don't mind getting my food but the wait is unbearable. I would give Boma another try since some of my impression is the service but I wouldn't go for breakfast again.

I LOVE all things Polynesian! LOVE LOVE LOVE. I stayed away from Boma for years thinking it would be similar to Tusker House, which I dont really love.

Just to finally try something different, now that my kids are older and dont need the character experience at every meal, I hesitantly booked a Boma breakfast. OMG... so good! They have TONS of options, everything was delicious, made to order omelets, Simba waffles :) delicious everything! I will warn you, you will leave there STUFFED, even just taking a tiny bit of 1/4 of the options. Take a walk around the resort prior to heading for a park..youll need to slowly walk it off before getting on EE or the KRR !!!!!

If you want a lighter meal, head to Ohana (they serve plenty, but how much of the same thing can you really eat?). Lilo and Stitch are adorable!

Just back from our quick trip and we ate at Boma for breakfast on Saturday - AMAZING! I would agree that it definitely has the edge on Ohana for breakfast, and it’s not really close. So many options, and the Turkey bobotie dish is outstanding.

The only reason I would pick Ohana over Boma would be for the character experience.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter