bon voyage breakfast - all you can eat or one entree?

collegejunkie

DIS Veteran
the other character breakfasts are buffet or all you can eat family style. wondering if this place is different, as it seems like you order off a menu

You get pastries/fruit for the table and an ala carte entree as I understand it.

this was my understanding too. at some places, you can order multiple entrees. i'm wondering if that's allowed. we tend to do character brunches late to replace lunch so we're usually pretty hungry and want to fill up until later. trying to see if this is a meal that would make sense for us

The review I recently saw had the pastry plate, choice of fruit or yogurt then the full size breakfast. I do not believe seconds are an option. If anyone has, let us know!

Is this still a 3rd Party restaurant (not Disney owned)? I imagine if it is, they will likely be less flexible off their menu.

this was my understanding too. at some places, you can order multiple entrees. i'm wondering if that's allowed. we tend to do character brunches late to replace lunch so we're usually pretty hungry and want to fill up until later. trying to see if this is a meal that would make sense for us

I haven't seen any reviews with multiple entrees, but all of that together, the pastry, fruit/yogurt and entree seems like a pretty good amount of food...The pastry dish looks pretty good and I'm not an enthusiastic fan. Considering it for Sept., if a reservation opens, or I want to stalk it:)

I have been stalking the reservations for Bon Voyage but I am not convinced it is remotely worth the price. I really prefer a straight buffet vs. just ordering one dish even with a pastry/fruit platter for the table.

We went in May, it is not buffet or all you can eat. It is off menu for main breakfast and 1 skillet if pastries and a yogurt parfait.

I'm sure you can order more than 1 entree, but you'll pay for it, just like a normal restaurant:)

When I was there in May I couldn't decide between King Triton's Shipwreck & the Pancakes. My server said why not have the Shipwreck with a side of pancakes & that is exactly what I was served so I ended up with an entree & a half (no bacon or sausage with the pancakes). I wasn't charged anything extra. I was dining solo. I know this was probably an exception but it was offered without me asking. And I also had the fruit & skillet of pastries which they let me box up & take the leftovers.

Every review I've seen says adult portions are large and filling. It sounds like they will bring extra fruit and pastries, if asked.

We were there 2 weeks ago, and it's fixed off the menu... It was a one & done for us... I do want to try dinner there though.

The calzone looked ginormous in the Disney Food Blog review. I would order that with the gravy on the side and have half of it wrapped.

Honestly, I feel that an adult could be happy with the kids portions for the breakfast there. We certainly couldn't finish our meals in May and didn't even touch the pastries. It is a LOT of food!

We asked for extra of each of the mini muffins and our server brought them out right away. I do believe it's only one entree though.

I was way too full of calzone to wonder if seconds were allowed. I think they are, based on what someone else said about getting an entree and a half. When they ask "how was everything" and you say "okay, but I'm still hungry" I bet they'll bring you more.

whoops, i went on vacation then completely forgot about this thread. sorry!

it sounds like this may not be the best fit for us. all of us like getting a variety of breakfast foods and i think if we ended up splitting dishes, it wouldn't be enough. if we go to a buffet breakfast, most of us go back for seconds. that's a bit of a bummer, but better to find out now than be surprised there. thanks, all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter