Boo to the Halloween on the Highs Seas Crew

After dinner we went back to the gift shops some more and looked around. At some point in time…Aunt Mary had bought some sunglasses for Claire that she wanted and Mom bought me a jacket that was cute, so this could have been one of those moments.

We ran into Pluto!

tort40 by Jenseib, on Flickr

sttom31 by Jenseib, on Flickr

sttom61 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort39 by Jenseib, on Flickr

sttom32 by Jenseib, on Flickr

sttom33 by Jenseib, on Flickr

040 by Jenseib, on Flickr

039 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Claire went off with Alexis again and I went off on my own for a bit. I don’t know if I met up with anyone this evening or not, but I don’t have any club pictures, so that leads me to believe I didn’t.

stthom5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

sttom34 by Jenseib, on Flickr

sttom35 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was still rocky and it was a little hard to walk at times. I did send a message to everyone in the family to be sure they kept taking their pills and also to eat a green apple.

I could really feel the rockin and rollin tonight but luckily I didn’t feel bad.

That sounds pretty cool. We did this excursion when we were in Aruba:

That looks awesome!

Yes, that was my experience, too.

She has so many good things to say about Aruba. Years ago it was a big destination around here to go to, but I haven't heard much about it in recent years till she started talking about it.

I hear you. Buying shoes is a recurrent nightmare.

Shoes! UGH. I mostly live in tennis shoes and sandals...and the sandals that are most comfy for me are mens sandals.

That is great that the girls got multiple goes on the Aqua Duck. What a shame that you ended up with some rough seas in the evening.

They really had a lot of fun together. They liked that they had freedom too.
The seas ended up not taming down that night....more to come on that.

Oct 27, Thursday, Day 9

Day at Sea

Again I was up early. It’s just how I do it when not home. We were still rocking. The Captain ended up making announcements all day long about the waves. I think when it started they were 10-15 and by the end we had some up to 35 to 40 feet….yeah it was pretty rough! Though looking at the water it never looked that bad.

I went out for a walk to take in the morning air.

rough1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The sun was just coming up and it was so beautiful to see.

rough2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

A little video.

Many people I talked to were not feeling well and had a rough night. I was so glad I wasn’t feeling bad. I gave them my “eat green apples” tip.

Speaking of green apples…I went and had one for a prebreakfast treat.

rough4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It had been raining off and on too. Not too hard, but at times more than a sprinkle.

rough6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

A donut a day keeps the Dr. away…..well that was my theory and I made sure I was healthy. LOL.

rough9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Just more exploring…

rough10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough12 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I still can’t believe I never got in the adult pool! I will have to remedy that on my next cruise on the Fantasy. I think on this trip I only did the Aqua Duck a few times and then sat in the hot tub for a short while one day.

rough13 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough14 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough15 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough16 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And then I saw a rainbow. It’s such a neat thing to see out in the middle of the ocean.

roughseas9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was actually a double!

roughseas6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was on the port side so I messaged the family to all look out and see it. A few did before it disappeared.

rough17 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I then headed to guest services and let them know about my AC issue. It was still a bit warmer in my room than I like and at this point I thought I should let them know so they could address this issue for anyone else. She said they would have someone look at it and maybe even the filter just needed cleaning out.

I then needed to get some real food in me.

rough18 by Jenseib, on Flickr

As I munched on my breakfast, I sent a message out to the family that to be sure to take 2 bonine this morning and to eat a green apple. Geoff was working out in the gym and said he was almost done so he then came and joined me and we both ate and chatted. He was wearing a seasickness patch and was feeling ok too.

rough19 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I left him after we were done and he went to take a shower. I went on exploring a bit.

rough20 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough21 by Jenseib, on Flickr

By now Claire was up and we got her some food and then she joined the family for a hot game of bingo. This was a huge hit for many of them. Mom, Vicki, Aunt Laura, Aunt Mary, Geoff, Alexis and Claire were constantly going to bingo when they saw it offered.

One day Aunt Mary sent out a message that said “help! I am at bingo and I need someone to come play with me!” LOL. Rob had been doing something on the other side of the ship and came running to “help” Aunt Mary out. We kept joking how he would take one for the team if needed!

I walked by Bingo and took a peek in but they were all the way on the other side.

rough22 by Jenseib, on Flickr

roughseas7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough23 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I took a walk outside and it was looking dreary again.

rough24 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough25 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough26 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I just kept walking around and taking pictures.

rough27 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough28 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough29 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I headed back to our room to just chill a bit out on the balcony.

roughseas1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough30 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough31 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough32 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I took a video. It doesn’t really show how much we were bobbing, but you could see the front of the ship go way up and then down…over and over. On top of that we were also rocking side to side.

I went and delivered some of my fish extender gifts then. I think I mentioned this already….we did a private one with just our families. It was so much better than doing a public one. We bought each other decent stuff for the kids…things we knew they would like.

rough33 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We all had these dry erase boards on our door (I gave them to each room) and some would write trivia questions for people to answer as they walked by. Aunt Mary had the best ones.

rough34 by Jenseib, on Flickr

After Bingo was over, Aunt Mary had us all over to her room. We were going to play Cash Cruiseship. This is taken for the TV show Cash Cab and we played a version of it on our NYC trip in 2015 called Cash Van! Aunt Mary has questions that we have to answer and if we get it right, the kids each get a dollar. Of course the kids love it! This was Luke, Jude and little Violet’s (who could have cared less) first time playing and they soon learned this is a good game to be part of. Hahaha.

Aunt Mary stepped it up and had some hard questions this time. Not all related to Disney or cruising either. One was “who was Barbie’s boyfriend for a short time when she and Ken broke up?”

Most had no clue that Barbie ever even did break up with Ken….but as dumb as it sounds…I knew and I could picture the new guy…..He was Australian and a surfer……even though he wasn’t around long….I did not get the answer though. Do you know his name? I do now!

Alexis had a “secret” hiding place for her money.

roughseas10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

UM???? I think you might lose it if you try walking with it in there.

After the game, Claire headed off with Alexis again. At this point I was hardly seeing Claire at all. She and Alexis really loved just hanging out together. They did the ship detective agency several different times and had a blast.

I went off exploring again.

roughseas2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

roughseas3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Someone had asked me for pictures of the pigeons and I had just remembered I hadn’t taken any yet.

roughseas4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I went out to get a drink and the pool was open. It had been closed most of the day, so hopefully that meant that we were in calmer waters soon.

rough41 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I totally busted up laughing at all the life guards though. This was the only pool open and they had 10 life guards at it (2 are not in the pictures).

roughseas5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And off I went to take more pictures.

roughseas8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough35 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough36 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough37 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I think this is when I realized the carpet and stairs was a peacock. LOL.

rough38 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough39 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough40 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough54 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The fairly pictures lead to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.

rough55 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough61 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough62 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The Captain ended up making announcements all day long about the waves. I think when it started they were 10-15 and by the end we had some up to 35 to 40 feet….yeah it was pretty rough!

Wow, that were some serious waves. We had waves like this on our very first cruise, but at the time we were surrounded by three hurricanes.

By now Claire was up and we got her some food and then she joined the family for a hot game of bingo. This was a huge hit for many of them. Mom, Vicki, Aunt Laura, Aunt Mary, Geoff, Alexis and Claire were constantly going to bingo when they saw it offered.

I played a bit when we first started cruising, but then lost interest. I am glad that they enjoyed it.

I love this photo. This is a very unusual space.

I totally busted up laughing at all the life guards though. This was the only pool open and they had 10 life guards at it (2 are not in the pictures).

Wow, I wonder what the collective noun for life guards is?

It looks like you had a nice chilled out day.

Corinna

Wow, that were some serious waves. We had waves like this on our very first cruise, but at the time we were surrounded by three hurricanes.

EEK! Now that would be scary!

I played a bit when we first started cruising, but then lost interest. I am glad that they enjoyed it.

I have never played it but have friends who love to do it too. I just know I will never win so I don't waste my money. Maybe someday I will try.

I love this photo. This is a very unusual space.

It is very different...but pretty!

Wow, I wonder what the collective noun for life guards is?

Maybe they are a Pod? or a school? lol

The kids club (the lab) was having an open house. I had yet to go in and check it out. I like to do that on the first day, but we were so late and so busy I never had a chance so I went in to check it out now. I could only go on one side but at least I got a look.

rough63 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough64 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I took some really bad video of me washing my hands in the auto hand washer thing….that is so cool!

rough65 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough66 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough67 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough68 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough69 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough70 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough71 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough72 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough73 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough74 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough76 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough77 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I love the little kid sized bathrooms.

rough78 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough79 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough80 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough81 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough82 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough83 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough84 by Jenseib, on Flickr

In the room that connects the 2 clubs they had something going on for all to join. I think they were making something….possibly flubber. I didn’t join…because I would look stupid as an adult without a kid…..dang it! Where is Claire?

rough85 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough86 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And I took some video as well.

And then I left and walked by the nursery.

rough87 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough88 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And proceeded on taking more pictures.

rough89 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I think this is when I took this next video…which is really bad…but I wanted to record the Captains announcement about the rough seas.

Sooo……now we would have this till about midnight tonight. I hope it ends then. I didn’t feel sick but it was super annoying and REALLY hard to walk at times.

And I kept going on the stairs….to find a kid emptying a bag he had really quickly and started to throw up in his bag. I felt bad for him….but was grateful he was smart enough to empty the bag he had and use that.

I then went on to look at our pictures.

rough90 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough91 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough92 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough93 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough94 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough95 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough96 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough97 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough98 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We got a message that Aunt Mary wasn’t feeling well. I think that they were all playing bingo again and Aunt Mary said it just hit her and she was not feeling well. She had not eaten all day! Rob got her some popcorn quick and she said that helped a bit. She also had also taken off her sea sickness patch!! Shame on her!

Gail brought her some green apples to her room and then she ordered room service and she said after she got some food in her and then put the patch back on she was starting to feel better again.

Just an FYI! People often think when they might get seasick or are feeling it that they can’t or shouldn’t eat. That isn’t true. You want to eat something. That actually helps you. People also sometimes keep drinking fluids thinking that will help…which won’t. When you drink, you should sip…and not too much. Too much water or other liquids in you will actually start sloshing inside of you which will make you feel sick.

It was actually getting a bit rougher out and like I said before…I think at times we had waves as high as 35 -40 feet, but I think they stayed around the 15 – 20 most of the afternoon.

rough99 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough100 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough101 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough102 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough103 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We went and got showered and ready for the evening then. I was happy to hear Aunt Mary was starting to feel better and everyone else was doing good. Abby and Gail both get seasick/motion sickness and both were doing perfectly fine…just annoyed with it all like I was.

We headed to the show and we found Gail and Abby…and Minnie! It was semi-formal night and Minnie was dressed up.

We got in line behind Gail and she took Abby up. There was no formal line that we could tell so after Gail was done, we started to walk up and the CM says rather rudely that the line is over there……with one person who had just walked up. UGH. I said to her that maybe she should have told us that while she saw us standing there all together. She just gave me a dirty look. I then said something about how I had been standing there with my sister and she went and was not told to go to the proper line either. She made some comment under her breath and that just ticked me off. I had been bobbing up and down all day long and I admittingly knew I was suffering from lack of sleep, so I was probably a bit crabby. Of course by the time I got to the “line”, there was another family in it too.

We waited our turn and Claire was not all that excited about getting her picture in the first place but I was insisting she did.

stthom1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

She was better once she actually got to Minnie though.

rough104 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The CM just was a huge bump on a log so while Claire was interacting with Minnie I took a picture of the CM and her name tag. The CM then goes…Did you just take a picture of me? That’s not allowed. Um yes it is! I said, yes I did. I wanted to be sure I remembered your name when I report you….though I am sure I won't forget it. Yeah, I was not nice about it AT ALL! Her face looked horrified and I almost felt bad for her….almost.

Now I am not one who will go report people….and I rarely do. I don’t even remember if I ever actually filled out a card to report her or left a comment on the final comment card you turn in the last day. But she really was rubbing me the wrong way. I am one though who will also send praises to really good CM’s. I let them know how great they are and will fill that out on the comment card too.

And Claire finished up with Minnie.

041 by Jenseib, on Flickr

042 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We got our popcorn and headed into the show. Gail asked what took so long. LOL. Um…BAD CM!

Tonight’s show was Believe. As it started…I am like wait? I have seen this before? I whisper to Claire…have we seen this before and she says yes, on the Dream. Oh. Hmmmm…..I thought the name was different….nope….I looked it up when I got home and it has the same name.

At the end I took some pictures again.

rough42 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough43 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough44 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough45 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough46 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough47 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough48 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough49 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough50 by Jenseib, on Flickr

believe1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I guess I took several tonight. LOL.

believe2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

After the show we sent the girls off to do their own thing and Amanda and I decided to head to 90’s music trivia a little bit later.

I went to the bathroom and they had barf bags in there…..Yeah you know it’s rough when they are supplying puke bags.

rough51 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Amanda and I met in O’Gills and got a drink and messaged Gail to get her rear down here to help!

I ordered a Moet Ice and now I see what all the fuss is about….those are darn good!

rough105 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Gail came down and then messaged Rob to take Abby over to Mary and Geoff’s room and come down, but he never got the message till later on. Darn it! I think if he had been with us we could have won.

rough106 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough107 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Between the 3 of us we did pretty good. I got the first one immediately…Achy Break Heart and neither of my sisters even had a clue on that one. Others we would work together…one would say…it’s Michael Jackson song…with that rap part….Oh Black or White! A few we knew the song and put the totally wrong name and/or wrong group who sang it. We had a lot of fun though. I am pretty sure the group who won cheated….yeah I am going with that! They only had 1 wrong…..sounds like cheaters to me! Hahahaha.

Time for dinner! Tonight we were in Animators Palette again.

rough108 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And for the first time for most of us….we would get to do the drawing for the Animation show.

rough109 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough110 by Jenseib, on Flickr

My guy!

rough111 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Claire’s.

rough112 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I think this is Rob’s.

rough113 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Claire tried a new drink tonight. I can’t remember what it was called but it was good.

rough114 by Jenseib, on Flickr

A little video of a sneak peak of Mickey!

Our appetizer tonight was a set dish for everyone.

rough115 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I wasn’t a fan of it at all. I have heard that if you ask the server the night before he may be able to get you something else. I may try this next time.

rough116 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I got the lobster tonight. It’s not the best, but typical cruise ship lobster.

rough117 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough118 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Our head server came over and helped us get them out of the shells.

rough119 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I also got the chicken to try.

rough120 by Jenseib, on Flickr

That was just ok too.

Amanda took a few selfies with us.

amanda12 by Jenseib, on Flickr

amanda13 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I can’t remember if dessert came out first or the show…I’ll pretend dessert was first. This was Amanda’s allergy free dessert.

rough121 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It smelled really good and she said it tasted great.

Here is my dessert. One picture has ice-cream with it…. I am not sure if I asked for some on the side then plopped it on top? Or maybe Claire got ice-cream and I stole some of hers. LOL.

rough122 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough123 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Our drawings were returned with a little seal of approval on them.

believe3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And the show. Of course I started taping it and the battery died so I had to switch to my phone then.

We realized while watching it that it was just our area on our screens. I hadn’t realized that before.

As the credits rolled we saw 3 Paula’s on the list. My mom’s name is Paula and it’s kind of rare, so it was really strange to see her name up there 3 times.

We really enjoyed the show. It was fun and I can’t wait to see it again….and hopefully have a full charged battery.

rough52 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Back to the room where we had a frog waiting for us.

believe4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And something else!

rough125 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough53 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The card basically says they hoped they fixed the issue and have a great cruise.

rough126 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rough127 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I told everyone we got some treats and Gail told me she had been getting them almost every day. REALLY? She said one day they had an issue with the bathroom door not closing right and they mentioned it to the stateroom host. After that they were getting all sorts of treats daily….even rice crispy treats! Man!!!!! I should have mentioned the AC problem earlier in the cruise. LOL!

Claire went off with Alexis again for a bit and I just went up on deck and accessed facebook for a bit and sat and talked to some people nearby. One gal was not feeling good and could not wait to get off the ship. She said her MIL paid for the cruise for the family to go and she did not want to come in the first place. She finally gave in and was regretting it now.

I found so many people were sick and that night in the dining room half the staff was out sick and it was not full either. Many people chose to skip dinner, including Aunt Mary. She was feeling better, but she just was fine hanging in the room for the rest of the night. I think Alexis and Claire joined her after dinner and played cards.

Gail also mentioned to me that her stateroom host was not feeling good either and Gail gave her some ginger gum and she said she later told her it helped a lot. Many of the CM’s on the ship even commented that this was one of the roughest sailings they had ever been on.

At guest services they had a bowl of seasickness meds sitting out. And when it wasn’t out, you could ask for it and they would pull it back out.

I was very fortunate to not be feeling sick but the motion was taking its toll on me. It was just becoming so annoying. I was ready to be able to walk in a straight line again.

We finally settled into bed. Claire was starting to not feel well. She was getting a sore throat and running warm...but she was so sunburnt it was hard to tell if she was getting a temperature or just warm from the burn. Katie is a pediatrician and said to let her know tomorrow if Claire got any worse and she would give her some meds.

We watched a little tv and hoped that by the time we woke up tomorrow the seas will have calmed down.

That is great that you got the chance to visit one of the kids' clubs. On some of the longer cruises I have done, they offered adult only sessions in one of the clubs on some evenings. I made Flubber at one of those and had a lot of fun.

Minnie's outfit is so pretty, but what a shame about the less than magical cast member.

That was nice that you got some treats.

What a shame that Claire was feeling unwell. I hope she felt better soon.

Corinna

Trying to catch up again! Sorry to do this all at once!

Loving the night pictures around the ship. It's hard to imagine all that beauty out on the open sea.

That Halloween tree is awesome. If I was ever going to do a cruise, you have me convinced to do a Halloween one!

You have me addicted to those light fixture photos. Are the ones on other cruise lines as pretty?

I bet I would love sleeping on a ship too!

The bathrooms are just jaw dropping. Dare I say almost worth the trip? LOL.

Cool observation about the staircase being a peacock. It's just stunning.

Love the spider web detail on the window!

So what's with the scooter?

And did you eat the donut with the knife and fork? :p

I want one of those Mickey chairs! OK, I want half a dozen of those Mickey chairs! I hope you brought at least one back for me.....

I had no idea they scheduled meet and greets on a cruise. Is that new?

I always love princess photos in the atrium. So beautiful!

Too funny that Ariel was so taken with pen. I wonder if she thought it was a gadget or a gizmo?

Poor Ariel though, She had to put her arm way up in the air to reach Claire's shoulders!

Love those shots with Cinderella with the stairs behind them!

Love the shot of Abby with Goofy with her shoe off!

I'm laughing out loud at the plate of "nothing". :rotfl2:

Brunch at Palo looks amazing!

The double rainbow shot on Tortola is amazing! I've never seen one that low, like I could just reach out and touch it!

Love the dolphin shots. Just adorable!

Claire looks awesome in her pirate costume. That was a great find.

That sunset looks amazing. Sigh. Just gorgeous.

Love the pirate shots of you and Claire!

That's too strange that everyone sat down at the pirate party. But it was nice of them to give you a clear shot of the stage!

Geoff's costume is amazing! He must be a ton of fun to be around.

Beautiful turtle shots! Your underwater camera did great.

The octopus is so cool!

Too funny that you took a picture of the CM with Minnie and told her why! I hope you remembered to fill out the card. Or even if you didn't, I guess you gave her something to think about!

Love Minnie's formal attire!

I hope the seas settled down later that night.

Ohh...you're making me miss the Fantasy. This is a great TR...and I love your pictures. I need another cruise NOW!!!

Nice update!

So sorry about the rough seas. I have been on a couple cruises with really rough seas, especially ones going to and or from Bermuda. There were a couple times it was so rough that they put the seasick bags in the handrails down the hallway. Glad you weren't sick. I haven't gotten sick yet on a cruise, I usually do the patch and that helps, one or 2 times I couldn't get the patch and I took Bonine. I don't know if I would actually get sick or not but I don't want to take any chances, LOL.

That handwashing thing is neat.

Looks like a nice dinner, that animation show looks fun.

I love those trivia/name that tune type games.

That is great that you got the chance to visit one of the kids' clubs. On some of the longer cruises I have done, they offered adult only sessions in one of the clubs on some evenings. I made Flubber at one of those and had a lot of fun.

That would be fun!

Minnie's outfit is so pretty, but what a shame about the less than magical cast member.

I loved her outfit! I was really appalled at the CM's behavior.

That was nice that you got some treats.

I ate them all too!

What a shame that Claire was feeling unwell. I hope she felt better soon

Claire can be a bit of a drama queen sometimes, so it was hard to tell if she was really as bad as she says.

Trying to catch up again! Sorry to do this all at once!

That's OK....I am trying to post so I can get it done in somewhat of a timely fashion.

Loving the night pictures around the ship. It's hard to imagine all that beauty out on the open sea.

The ship is just so wonderful at night. You can just sit out there and stare at it.

That Halloween tree is awesome. If I was ever going to do a cruise, you have me convinced to do a Halloween one!

It was a fun time. The kids loved getting more candy.

You have me addicted to those light fixture photos. Are the ones on other cruise lines as pretty?

Yes, most lines have pretty light fixtures...some better than others....and each ship is usually different.

I bet I would love sleeping on a ship too!

It is so nice to be rocked to sleep.

The bathrooms are just jaw dropping. Dare I say almost worth the trip? LOL.

LOL. They are really cool.

Cool observation about the staircase being a peacock. It's just stunning.

It looks so grand and you feel like you are super special to be able to use them. lol

Love the spider web detail on the window!

I thought it was cool too.

So what's with the scooter?

OK, I can't remember this one.....?? You'll have to refresh my memory

And did you eat the donut with the knife and fork? :p

Well......no. I shove it in in 3 bites! hahahaha

I want one of those Mickey chairs! OK, I want half a dozen of those Mickey chairs! I hope you brought at least one back for me.....

They are pretty cool...but they are heavy and don't move easily

I had no idea they scheduled meet and greets on a cruise. Is that new?

It's kind of new. I think over the past 2 years maybe?

I always love princess photos in the atrium. So beautiful!

It is a great spot to have them. It feels so grand.

Too funny that Ariel was so taken with pen. I wonder if she thought it was a gadget or a gizmo?

hahaha. So many characters loved those pens.

Poor Ariel though, She had to put her arm way up in the air to reach Claire's shoulders!

I know....I wish she would stop growing.

Love those shots with Cinderella with the stairs behind them!

It is so pretty.

Love the shot of Abby with Goofy with her shoe off!

I saw that too. Abby is so cute.

I'm laughing out loud at the plate of "nothing". :rotfl2:

Aunt Mary loved that....me. I would lick off the chocolate.

Brunch at Palo looks amazing!

It was tasty...and as I am dieting and starving right now...it sounds even better

The double rainbow shot on Tortola is amazing! I've never seen one that low, like I could just reach out and touch it!

It did seem so close!

Love the dolphin shots. Just adorable!

I am glad I got them. The faces that Alexis made were so funny too.

Claire looks awesome in her pirate costume. That was a great find.

It really was. She better not grow out of it!

That sunset looks amazing. Sigh. Just gorgeous.

It was so stunning in person.

Love the pirate shots of you and Claire!

It was fun! Even if she grumbled about it.

That's too strange that everyone sat down at the pirate party. But it was nice of them to give you a clear shot of the stage!

It really was the strangest thing.

Geoff's costume is amazing! He must be a ton of fun to be around.

He is...he does all these great things for the kids....but I am sure he enjoys it too.

Beautiful turtle shots! Your underwater camera did great.

I am very happy with this camera. I am glad I got it. I ONLY took that one to Universal in Feb. It's not great at night, but it was so freeing to not lug the big guy everywhere.

The octopus is so cool!

We saw so many neat things. I love to snorkel.

Too funny that you took a picture of the CM with Minnie and told her why! I hope you remembered to fill out the card. Or even if you didn't, I guess you gave her something to think about!

I think the fact that I scared here was probably enough for me. hahaha.

Love Minnie's formal attire!

I do too. That dress is so cute.

I hope the seas settled down later that night.

It didn't!

Ohh...you're making me miss the Fantasy. This is a great TR...and I love your pictures. I need another cruise NOW!!!

It is a great ship...though I haven't met a Disney one I haven't liked. LOL. I think size wise, I prefer the Magic, but each ship has something that makes me like it better than others.

So sorry about the rough seas. I have been on a couple cruises with really rough seas, especially ones going to and or from Bermuda. There were a couple times it was so rough that they put the seasick bags in the handrails down the hallway. Glad you weren't sick. I haven't gotten sick yet on a cruise, I usually do the patch and that helps, one or 2 times I couldn't get the patch and I took Bonine. I don't know if I would actually get sick or not but I don't want to take any chances, LOL.

I agree. I don't want to take any chances. I have had a lot of calm sailings but also some rough ones too and if I don't take my meds on time, I can feel it for sure. Now I know I can take more than I though daily and will do that in the future too.

That handwashing thing is neat.

It is so cool.

Looks like a nice dinner, that animation show looks fun.

It is a fun show!

I love those trivia/name that tune type games.

I do too. I did better with the 80's one on the Magic last Feb though.

Oct. 28, 2016, Friday, Day 10

Castaway Cay

Another beautiful day in store! Sadly the cruise was coming to an end and this was our last full day. Gosh it had seemed like we had been on this ship for years and only boarded yesterday…all at the same time.

Again, I was up early.

ccday61 by Jenseib, on Flickr

No site of Castaway Cay yet. I walked around a bit.

ccday62 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I talked to some people who thought that the island was off to the side of us as we could see faint line of land in the distance.

ccday63 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I don’t believe it was because we passed on by.

ccday64 by Jenseib, on Flickr

morning1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday65 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I had realized there was a lot I never took pictures of, so I started clicking frantically.

ccday66 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday67 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday58 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday68 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday69 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday70 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Claire was feeling a little down yet this morning so Katie took a look at her throat and brought over an antibiotic for Claire to take. There is a lot of drama when it comes to pills with Claire. She can’t swallow….well she has before but then after she got braces she had an issue and ever since then she refuses to try. She will only do liquid and she is picky on flavors. She will do chewable….but again, picky on flavor. These were chewable but Katie said they would taste awful…and they did and she choked and gagged and made a huge deal about it.

So after that ordeal, I gathered up Claire and we got some breakfast.

amanda9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And we started backing into Castaway Cay.

ccday192 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday72 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday59 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I wish I was sticking my toes in that beautiful blue water right now.

ccday2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday74 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday75 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday193 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Claire and I had an early excursion planned with Gail and her girls….The Stingrays! Now Claire and I and Gail, Rob and Alexis all did this on the last family cruise, but Abby was just a little shrimp at the time, so she couldn’t do it. For me, it was kind of a one and done type thing, but since Gail was taking her girls, I knew Claire would want to join again as well.

ccday76 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We got off the ship and headed towards the stingray hut.

ccday77 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday78 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday79 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday80 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I ran ahead a bit so I could get a picture of them following me.

ccday3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday81 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Now the last time we had all been here as a family (4 years ago) we had come just a few weeks after Hurricane Sandy had been through and a lot of the foliage was brown. I was hoping this time the family could see it in all its glory…but then about 3 weeks before we sailed….Matthew came through….and he hit Castaway Cay. The island still looked great and had very little damage. There were some browning to some of the leaves, but honestly it looked better than that last time.

ccday82 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We were happy to take some brown leaves just to be here and not home.

ccday83 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday84 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday85 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We kept moving along.

ccday5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday86 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday87 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Look at our beautiful ship.

ccday6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday88 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday89 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And we finally have arrived!

ccday8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday90 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday91 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

A look back over at the ship again.

ccday92 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We got checked in and got our gear and had a seat on the benches.

ccday10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

When doing this excursion, you have to take a little class first to learn about stingrays. I noticed this time we really got less information than last time. Last time the lady was very passionate about stingrays. Don’t get me wrong, this guy was good, but I think the lady last time went above and beyond.

ccday93 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Another peek back at the ship.

ccday94 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And then the class was over and we headed over to the feeding stations.

ccday95 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I think we had the first class of the morning and the rays were ready for some chow!

ccday96 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I dipped my camera under the water and took a shot.

ccday97 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Ready to go!

ccday12 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday46 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I had a tasty treat in my fingers…..gross! I think it was squid or octopus.

ccday98 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Claire grabbed a shrimp and Alexis has stingray jello.

ccday13 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday14 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The stingrays are to come up one side and you place your hand flat on the Mickey heads. They come along and basically vacuum it up out of your fingers. If your fingers are too bent you will feel a little bite…It doesn’t hurt….it just feels like you are being gummed….but totally freaky.

ccday15 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday16 by Jenseib, on Flickr

If the stingray comes up the exit side, you are supposed to pull your hands out. You are not too reward them for going the wrong way.

ccday17 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday18 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Abby was not a fan of this either.

ccday47 by Jenseib, on Flickr

A little video of the experience.

After we were done feeding them we ran back up to get our snorkel gear. I spotted another hermit crab.

ccday20 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We all got our masks on.

ccday21 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Some looking cuter than others. LOL.

ccday22 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday23 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Looks like your Castaway Cay day is a starting to be a beautiful day.

Really cool excursion with feeding the stingrays! I remember seeing and feeding them at Sea World, it feels neat when they take the food from you.

I would like to do a stingray excursion someday, I wanted to do one on our Honeymoon when our cruise stopped in Grand Cayman but my hubby isn't into animal interactions and I didn't want to go alone.

Ah, back to CC. Love all your photos (as always, :lmao:)
funny to hear that Claire has problems with taking meds - I would much rather swallow a pill than take something liquid - not even cough syrup. :scared:

Your stingray adventure photos are great - we have never done one. The stingrays in the Serenity Bay Lagoon are more than enough for me. ;) I think we did the feeding at Sea World in San Diego though.

And those "dive-mask" photos had me in stitches - thanks for sharing. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter