Boo to the Halloween on the Highs Seas Crew

OK, I can't remember this one.....?? You'll have to refresh my memory

Do you have any idea how hard it would be to find that photo back? :rotfl2:

I called it a scooter, but later I think you referred to it as a motorcycle. It was on board. Was it just for photo ops? Or did it tie into something?

That water on Castaway Cay looks heavenly! :love:

The stingray feeding looks cool! Not sure I'd like holding the slimy food, but I'm sure I'd eventually do it.

Loving the facemask photos! :rotfl:

Yay! I am caught up! It has been so busy I have not been able to read the disboards. (gasp!) So I have been in withdrawal, especially from your trip report,as I am gearing up for our last minute Fantasy cruise in May! I love CC (who doesn't, right?) and your pics are fabulous.

Poor Claire, I can totally relate on taking pills, I make a big deal out of it too. Give me liquids or chewables anytime. :crazy2:

Feeding the rays looks fun, but no way would I want to hold that slimy stuff they call food.

After the rough seas, glad the Captain was able to dock at CC. I was a little worried you were going to say "And this picture of the island is the closest we could get!" :eek:

I am loving your pics..! I'm also sad its your last day already... your reports are always fun to read.

There is a lot of drama when it comes to pills with Claire. She can’t swallow

I have the same issue. For me, it is either chewable, dissolvable or liquid. For one medication that I have to take on a regular basis, the only alternative is injections so I had to learn to inject myself.

Abby was not a fan of this either.

I am with Abby there. I have a mild phobia of stingrays. The set up is fascinating though.

Corinna

Looks like your Castaway Cay day is a starting to be a beautiful day.

We had really great weather that dday

Really cool excursion with feeding the stingrays! I remember seeing and feeding them at Sea World, it feels neat when they take the food from you.

I didn't realize they had that there.

I would like to do a stingray excursion someday, I wanted to do one on our Honeymoon when our cruise stopped in Grand Cayman but my hubby isn't into animal interactions and I didn't want to go alone

It's on my list there too but hasn't worked out yet.
Ah, back to CC. Love all your photos (as always, :lmao:)

Thanks

funny to hear that Claire has problems with taking meds - I would much rather swallow a pill than take something liquid - not even cough syrup. :scared:

She is horrible. I try to tell her how easy swallowing a pill is.

Your stingray adventure photos are great - we have never done one. The stingrays in the Serenity Bay Lagoon are more than enough for me. ;) I think we did the feeding at Sea World in San Diego though.

It is neat but no need to do it again. I am done now. If someone wants to go back to it, I will have to decline now. hahaha

And those "dive-mask" photos had me in stitches - thanks for sharing. :thumbsup2

It's always an attractive look!

Do you have any idea how hard it would be to find that photo back? :rotfl2:

hahahaha

I called it a scooter, but later I think you referred to it as a motorcycle. It was on board. Was it just for photo ops? Or did it tie into something?

Aha!!! I guess it's just because it's a park theme...piazza?

That water on Castaway Cay looks heavenly!

It really was nice that day.

The stingray feeding looks cool! Not sure I'd like holding the slimy food, but I'm sure I'd eventually do it.

Yeah the food is gross. Abby was having fits about touching it too.

Loving the facemask photos!

Don't we look lovely?

Yay! I am caught up! It has been so busy I have not been able to read the disboards. (gasp!) So I have been in withdrawal, especially from your trip report,as I am gearing up for our last minute Fantasy cruise in May! I love CC (who doesn't, right?) and your pics are fabulous.

I understand....I have been busy off and on too.
How great you get to go in May! The water should be warmer then!

Poor Claire, I can totally relate on taking pills, I make a big deal out of it too. Give me liquids or chewables anytime

Claire just has so many issues. I gave her cold medicine today and it was the childrens stuff. I would rather take a pill than swallow that crud.

Feeding the rays looks fun, but no way would I want to hold that slimy stuff they call food.

hahahahaha

After the rough seas, glad the Captain was able to dock at CC. I was a little worried you were going to say "And this picture of the island is the closest we could get!" :eek:

I had wondered the day before too if we would but it got a lot calmer as we got closer.

I am loving your pics..! I'm also sad its your last day already... your reports are always fun to read.

Aww thanks. I have a bunch of Jamaica/Sandals pictures edited so I might do a report on that one from last summer. I'll probably put it in the Disney World portion...I wish we had a board for other destinations here.

I have the same issue. For me, it is either chewable, dissolvable or liquid. For one medication that I have to take on a regular basis, the only alternative is injections so I had to learn to inject myself.

I bet she would go for a pill over an injection. LOL

I am with Abby there. I have a mild phobia of stingrays. The set up is fascinating though.

LOL. Abby was disgusted with the food and didn't want them touching her fingers.

We headed back out to snorkel for a bit in the stingray lagoon. The CM’s were pushing the feeding stations back to shore.

ccday99 by Jenseib, on Flickr

They also told us if we wanted to pet a stingray to just get a CM’s attention and they would get one. Gail tried this for Abby and the CM’s either ignored or disappeared. Gail was a little mad about that.

ccday24 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Snorkeling here is not really good. There is nothing really to see except stingrays, so you really don’t need a lot of time here.

ccday25 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday26 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday100 by Jenseib, on Flickr

When you walk, you are supposed to shuffle your feet so that you don’t step on a stingray. When you shuffle it makes them move with the stirred up ground. So many people were bouncing around instead.

ccday101 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday102 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday103 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Gail, Abby and Alexis off in the distance.

ccday27 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Claire.

ccday28 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday104 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday105 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday29 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Abby

ccday30 by Jenseib, on Flickr

This picture totally cracks me up…Look at Claire in the background!

ccday31 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We decided to head out early. The snorkeling isn’t great like I said and after looking at a few stingrays they all start to look the same. It would be different if there was an area with more, but there isn’t. We each received these pins when we were done.

ccday32 by Jenseib, on Flickr

A little bit of snorkeling video.

We then headed to the beach to fine Rob and the rest of the family. We stopped in one area first and then Rob found us and we headed off to where they all made camp.

ccday106 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday107 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday194 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I had brought along our own snorkeling equipment this trip…and realized I left it on the ship! Shoot! I don’t want to walk all the way back and get it. I had brought it mainly for Castaway Cay. Oh well. We never did use it the whole trip, so it was a wasted space in the suitcase. I will bring it again and I WILL use it!

ccday108 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday109 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Abby and Gail were making their way to where the rest of the family was camped out.

ccday48 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday110 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday49 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I went off to get a drink.

ccday111 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And look who was walking by!

ccday33 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday34 by Jenseib, on Flickr

They had a couple of cute cups and I am a sucker and had to get drinks in the ones that look like bamboo.

ccday35 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I know I took a picture of them…it must be later…..anyways I got Claire and I mango smoothies.

ccday112 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday113 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And back to the beach!

ccday114 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I am heading out of town for the weekend tomorrow afternoon and watching Gracie in the morning so it might not be till Monday before I can get another update up here.

I just found this TR. I have only read up to the first sea day.

CSR looks so nice. I wanted to stay there this May but no rooms for my dates, and I checked every possible combo of dates as I am doing a split stay anyway. It's undergoing room refurbs and I am not too keen on the new look so think I may never stay there. Looks like you had a good time at WDW even without the parks. And a very successful party night at MK!

It is so nice to be able to get the family together especially in a cruise. Fantasy is one of my favorite ships. And the only one I really know now as I have never been on Dream or the reimagined Magic or Wonder.

I understand Alexis being worn out the first day. I plan to sleep half the first day of my next vacation!!

Abby not remembering the first cruise is understandable. I hardly remember mine now. I have a second cousin who came to visit us when she was three. We had visited her several times and she said she sort of remembered but when we asked if she would remember her trip out to see us she said matter if factly "Probably not"

I hope to get more read soon and thanks for writing this.

We headed back out to snorkel for a bit in the stingray lagoon.

As much as I love snorkelling, doing so in a stingray lagoon is not near the top of things I would love to do.

They also told us if we wanted to pet a stingray to just get a CM’s attention and they would get one. Gail tried this for Abby and the CM’s either ignored or disappeared. Gail was a little mad about that.

What a pain. There seem to be a lot of cast members that need a serious dose of pixie dust.

I had brought along our own snorkeling equipment this trip…and realized I left it on the ship!

What a shame. I hope you get the chance to use this soon.

And look who was walking by!

How cute. Now I know where frozen things spend summer.

Corinna

I just found this TR. I have only read up to the first sea day.

Glad you found me!

CSR looks so nice. I wanted to stay there this May but no rooms for my dates, and I checked every possible combo of dates as I am doing a split stay anyway. It's undergoing room refurbs and I am not too keen on the new look so think I may never stay there. Looks like you had a good time at WDW even without the parks. And a very successful party night at MK!

There is hardly anything available this May. LOL. Really though, the options are slim to none and have been for a few months now.

It is so nice to be able to get the family together especially in a cruise. Fantasy is one of my favorite ships. And the only one I really know now as I have never been on Dream or the reimagined Magic or Wonder

I love the group cruises. I do like going with just us as well, but being able to hang out with others is really nice. You can spend some time with different people and do different things. I have another group one coming up...not family, but many feel like family.

I understand Alexis being worn out the first day. I plan to sleep half the first day of my next vacation!!

LOL. Once she got caught up with her sleep she was much more pleasant.

Abby not remembering the first cruise is understandable. I hardly remember mine now. I have a second cousin who came to visit us when she was three. We had visited her several times and she said she sort of remembered but when we asked if she would remember her trip out to see us she said matter if factly "Probably not"

I think she doesn't realize things that she does remember about that cruise as she does talk about some of them in the past.

I hope to get more read soon and thanks for writing this.

Thanks again for joining.

As much as I love snorkelling, doing so in a stingray lagoon is not near the top of things I would love to do.

yep...my thoughts too.

What a pain. There seem to be a lot of cast members that need a serious dose of pixie dust.

YES! Lately there is several who need new training or something.

What a shame. I hope you get the chance to use this soon.

Me too. I hope this summer I can.

How cute. Now I know where frozen things spend summer.

hahahahaha

Claire and I and Rob and Alexis had an excursion this afternoon yet too. We planned to do the jet skis! We did this last time and Claire has been begging to do them again since then.

We decided to get some lunch beforehand.

ccday115 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday116 by Jenseib, on Flickr

After we filled up we headed over to check in…and then I realized I left my tickets in the bag and had to go all the way back to get them. And then when I got back they told me I really didn’t need them. UGH! I guess I got some extra exercise in then.

ccday117 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday118 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We had to sign waivers and then were directed to the jet skis and soon were taking off.

ccday120 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday121 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Last time we did this we went around to the other side of the ship and made stops while the CM told us some info about the area, nearby islands etc. We went very very slow most of the time and were told to stay so far behind those in front of us and no wild play or anything. I used to ride jet skis a lot and it was too slow for my taste, but still nice.

ccday122 by Jenseib, on Flickr

This time we went fast….really really fast. The guy in front was even faster and pretty wild. Actually a couple of guys passed everyone up and were going full out. I was surprised this was allowed but actually the CM’s kind of seemed annoyed with the slower people. I was probably in the middle. Not slow for sure, but I was afraid if I went too fast I would lose Claire.

ccday123 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was pretty wavy and I was jumping a lot of waves and I had salt water in my eyes and I was really holding on tight to control the thing. It was much more vigorous of a ride this time.

ccday124 by Jenseib, on Flickr

This time we went all the way around to the other side of the island.

ccday41 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We only stopped a few times mainly to have others catch up. The CM's had the personality of a snail really and never really talked much at all. On the way back around there were guys doing tricks and the one CM stayed right alongside me which made me self-conscious. I felt like I was holding people up behind me or something, but really I wasn’t. I was spaced out a bit from the person in front of me, but mainly because his wake was so big that I didn’t want to jump wave after wave and lose Claire off the back….and her to take me with her. LOL.

We did stop once and they saw a shark in the water but I never saw it.

We then headed back and I was exhausted after that ride. My arms had been so tense holding on and they ached when I got off. This was a total opposite of the last time. Claire still had fun and I agree it was fun, but I don’t think we will be doing it again. It is a lot of money and this time was more stressful for me. And with it not being consistent each time, I can’t be sure what I will get next time.

We headed back and joined our group and I got a drink.

ccday195 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday196 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday197 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The kids just had a blast!

ccday125 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday126 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday127 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Claire and I then did some shopping and I think we bought some stuff, but I don’t remember what. I do remember not being thrilled with the selection again. Back in February the selection wasn’t all that great either.

And then we started making our way back to the ship. I think Geoff had been shopping too and he walked back with us.

ccday42 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday128 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday129 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday130 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday50 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday43 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday131 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday132 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday133 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday134 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday44 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Here is some really brown…aka dead plants.

ccday135 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday136 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday138 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday139 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday140 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Looks like some of the CM’s are ready to leave.

ccday141 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday142 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Almost back to the ship.

ccday143 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday144 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday145 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Claire is tired.

ccday45 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday146 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday147 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I guess some things had been canceled today.

ccday148 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday149 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday150 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday151 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday152 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday153 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday154 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday155 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We saw Mom way up there as we were walking back and waved to her.

ccday51 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday156 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday157 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We headed back to the room to get showers. I went out to our balcony as we waited to depart.

ccday158 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday159 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Goodbye Castaway Cay!

ccday160 by Jenseib, on Flickr

So depressing! These were left on our bed. Time to pack up.

ccday161 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I can’t remember if I went to the show or not. If I did, I don’t remember much about it. I am thinking Claire went with Amanda and I finished up the packing.

Some random pictures…so I must have went for a walk….probably after I finished packing? Or after the show if I went to that. LOL.

ccday162 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday163 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday164 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday165 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I must have been looking to get a drink.

ccday166 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday168 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday169 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday170 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday171 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The castaway cay day looks like you had so much fun! Interesting take on the jet ski's. We are trying to decide what we want to do on CC still. We have talked about snorkeling but you saying there isn't much to see is making me think twice. Didn't they used to have hidden mickey structures under water somewhere? Of course that was 17 years ago so I am sure stuff has changed.

I like how the whipped cream looks like a bow!:D

LOL!

The castaway cay day looks like you had so much fun! Interesting take on the jet ski's. We are trying to decide what we want to do on CC still. We have talked about snorkeling but you saying there isn't much to see is making me think twice. Didn't they used to have hidden mickey structures under water somewhere? Of course that was 17 years ago so I am sure stuff has changed.

Snorkeling in the stingray area is dull. They have a snorkeling path out in the water but I have yet to do it and check it out for myself. I believe they have a snorkeling excursion offered at times too and I haven't tried that one yet either to say if it is any good.

I was now in that mode where I better take a bunch of pictures because I probably forgot to earlier.

ccday172 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday173 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday174 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday175 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday198 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday176 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I better get some more of the pumpkin tree!

hallowtree by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday178 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I was going to meet Mom and Amanda at Ooh La La….remember I had on my bucket list to have a drink there….so it was now or never. I must have gone outside to get there that way…probably enjoying the last of the evening outside on deck 4 too.

ccday199 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday200 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday53 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday201 by Jenseib, on Flickr

oohlala1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Amanda went with the Moet Ice tonight because she had sipped mine the other night and liked it.

oohlala2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I tried one of the Tattinger’s….it was ok but I should have stuck with the Moet Ice.

oohlala3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday202 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday203 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We finished up our drinks and it was close to time for dinner. I ran back to the room…probably to meet Claire….but also I wanted to bring the bottle of sparkling wine to dinner so I could share it with the family.

ccday204 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I think we have a Rhino tonight.

ccday52 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And then off to dinner in Enchanted Garden. I realized I had never taken a picture of the fountain in there so I snapped one real quickly…and it’s horrible.

ccday179 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday180 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Rolls.

ccday181 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Kwam took my bottle and asked if I had it chilling and I said I had it in the mini fridge for part of the day but it wasn’t really cold. She said she would just replace it with a cold one. Perfect!

ccday182 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I told everyone to have some and people kept asking me if it was ok. Heck yeah! I am not going to drink but a glass out of this. LOL.

Claire’s last meal of 2 steaks and fries.

ccday183 by Jenseib, on Flickr

My appetizer.

ccday184 by Jenseib, on Flickr

A dinner table selfie.

ccday55 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I don’t remember what kind of soup this was.

ccday185 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday186 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I guess I got 2 entrée’s tonight.

ccday187 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Ferdi gave us a ticket to remind us about breakfast tomorrow. I think we were all skipping it. I prefer Cabana’s on the last morning…it’s just easier. Laura and Jan were getting off early and wanted to walk their bags off and Amanda was flying with them so she had to as well. Aunt Laura was worried about walking her bags off so Aunt Mary and Geoff offered to help them off and then sent their luggage through as they were flying Delta and they wouldn’t see their bags again till they landed.

Gail’s family was flying with them and sent their bags as well and planned to get off pretty early as well.

ccday188 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Dessert!

ccday189 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I am not sure if this was mine or Claire’s Mickey bar.

ccday190 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Claire needed to take another pill…and we sat at the table with everyone coaxing her on the best ways to swallow, chew, whatever to get it down. She popped it in her mouth about 50 times and it would sit in there forever and I can’t even see how she didn’t swallow it on accident. She was truly being a baby about it. I was starting to get really mad and annoyed but I tried to remain calm. Then she had it in her mouth and drank a bunch to try to get it down and then spit blasted it out with her drink flying on everyone around us. I was NOT happy with her and I apologized to the family and let her know she would be chewing that pill in our room or she would not be doing anything else for the rest of the short time we had left on this ship. She promised she would.

So before we left I asked Ferdi and Kwam for some pictures.

ccday56 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ccday57 by Jenseib, on Flickr

They were such an excellent team. I hope to have them again if/when I sail the Fantasy again.

It was time to head out now.

ccday191 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We changed our clothes and made sure we had all we needed for tomorrow and put our bags out.

Amanda and Alexis came to our room with us to help cheer on Claire to take this stupid pill. She finally chewed it up and them put on the drama of how horrible it tasted and gagged and chocked and then threw up in the sink.

I am pretty sure steam was flying out my ears and she knew it. She made herself throw up. It had nothing to do with sickness.

I told Claire she better leave before she got into any more trouble with me and I did not want to hear a word about her throat hurting or any type of ailment at all. If you want to feel better you take the pill…..if you don’t take it then you have to suffer without sympathy from others.

I took tissues and cleaned the sink out and rinsed it and did all I could so that our stateroom host would never have to worry about the mess. I was so mad and not a magical way to end the cruise.

I then went off and just sat out on the deck and cooled off and enjoyed the last night a bit. I did calm down, but at the time it was all happening I was not a happy mom at all. I don’t know how Claire will survive as an adult if she never learns how to swallow a pill. Even Abby can swallow pills!

I went back to the room to get ready for bed and Amanda brought Claire back…I guess to make sure all was good. LOL. And I was over it by then. I did give Claire a lecture about it and that it’s all in her head and these pills are smaller than the bites of steak she is swallowing.

Time for bed.

I was so sad this cruise was coming to end. It was just an absolute blast! Being with a big group on a cruise really is fun.

We planned to do the jet skis! We did this last time and Claire has been begging to do them again since then.

You guys are braver than I am. I tried this on one of our first cruises and landed in the water right by the Flying Dutchman.

This time we went fast….really really fast.

That sounds like my personal nightmare.

I was surprised this was allowed but actually the CM’s kind of seemed annoyed with the slower people.

You really had a bunch of less than magical cast members this time round.

The CM's had the personality of a snail really and never really talked much at all.

What a shame.

I was going to meet Mom and Amanda at Ooh La La….remember I had on my bucket list to have a drink there….so it was now or never.

I am glad that this worked out.

I prefer Cabana’s on the last morning…it’s just easier.

We have always done breakfast in the dining room the last morning, but on Royal Caribbean we do the buffet and that works great.

I don’t know how Claire will survive as an adult if she never learns how to swallow a pill.

There is ways around this. I know that only too well.

I did give Claire a lecture about it and that it’s all in her head and these pills are smaller than the bites of steak she is swallowing.

I know that rationally there is no reason for it and I keep telling myself that it should be easy to take a tablet, but I inevitably start choking if I try.

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter