Booking a throw away room to protect park tickets?

That's good to know. Did you purchase your tickets through Disney or from third party site? Or does it even matter?
I bought directly through Disney. I've never bought anything but an AP from a third party so I can't speak to the experience there.

If the concern is buying tickets and with a chance of not going, is there a reason other than a price increase to not just wait until you get closer to the trip?

This is available to US guests??
Yes. We called to confirm that it is not resident based like Florida resident tickets. It is not. It’s just like any other ticket you’d buy from a 3rd broker. No verification needed other than the ticket number to put in to MDE.

If the concern is buying tickets and with a chance of not going, is there a reason other than a price increase to not just wait until you get closer to the trip?
No concern. I just thought paying when I want (and using discounted disney gift cards) with the option for a full refund was a good idea.

Tickets can be reassigned in MDE if your guest decides to back out. If you manage the guest's profile you can do that yourself; if your guest has their own MDE they would need to be willing to transfer the ticket back to you. You then have the credit to use towards your next trip.

By my rough calculations, your math doesn't quite work out. You'd pay ~$115 extra to book a package that you won't use the accommodations for a "free" cancellation period, but the 5% cancellation fee charged by a 3rd party site would be less than that (~$80-$90 depending on dates). You are renting DVC which usually cannot be cancelled, so you have funds sunk into this trip regardless. I'd wait until closer to the date so there is less chance of needing to cancel, and watch for a good ticket offer from the 3rd party.

Tickets can be reassigned in MDE if your guest decides to back out. If you manage the guest's profile you can do that yourself; if your guest has their own MDE they would need to be willing to transfer the ticket back to you. You then have the credit to use towards your next trip.

By my rough calculations, your math doesn't quite work out. You'd pay ~$115 extra to book a package that you won't use the accommodations for a "free" cancellation period, but the 5% cancellation fee charged by a 3rd party site would be less than that (~$80-$90 depending on dates). You are renting DVC which usually cannot be cancelled, so you have funds sunk into this trip regardless. I'd wait until closer to the date so there is less chance of needing to cancel, and watch for a good ticket offer from the 3rd party.
Thank you. It was more to protect the person who is coming with me and like I said, I didn't know if you could reassign the tickets which obviously you can. It ended up working out anyway. I checked out the attraction tickets UK and was able to get the 14 day ticket for the price of 7 which included parkhopper, Memory Maker and water parks with a savings of close to $600.
Dvc Rental Store has a decent cancelation policy so it ended up working out great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter