Booking Adjacent Studios

My experience.
OKW we had 2 -2BR right next to each other, Poly was a few rooms down on the opposite side of the hall, SSR was down the Hall, BR was across the hall. AKL 3 rooms 2 down the same hall one in the next hall. AKL again 2 a 1 BR in between. All were studios. That is all I can think of right now there may have been more but never had rooms right next to other than OKW and never connecting but always close.
Thank you for all the data! Sounds like fairly close but even at PVB connecting isn't guaranteed. This will work well for us in a few years but not until our kids are slightly more independent.

Thank you for all the data! Sounds like fairly close but even at PVB connecting isn't guaranteed. This will work well for us in a few years but not until our kids are slightly more independent.
Yeah, my wife and I had just planned that if we needed connecting rooms and didn't get them, we'd each take a couple of kids and make the best of it.

Yeah, my wife and I had just planned that if we needed connecting rooms and didn't get them, we'd each take a couple of kids and make the best of it.
I wonder if you have a higher success rate because you had younger children in your party. 🤔 How did you handle the names on the rooms— one adult in each?

I wonder if you have a higher success rate because you had younger children in your party. 🤔 How did you handle the names on the rooms— one adult in each?
Yeah, we'd typically put me on one room and my wife on another. Not that it matters if the rooms are adjoining, but you need an adult on the booking, right?

Highest probability of getting connecting studios is Poly which, out of its 360 studios, has only two studios that do not connect to another studio. Just request connecting studios and state that you are traveling with those in the studios.

I've had great luck at PVB getting connecting studios when requested, and I recommend it if you really want connecting or adjoining studios.

I've tried to request adjoining studios at most other resorts, but have rarely had them with a few doors of each other, let alone next to each other. Half the time, they are far away, so if proximity matters, book at Poly.

Also, terminology matters in the hospitality world. You want to request ADJOINING staterooms if booking at a property that doesn't have connecting studios. Adjoining means they are touching. Adjacent, on the other hand, just means nearby, and the definition of adjacent can be a little loose -- like all the way down the hall in some instances.

SSR doesn’t have connecting studios like Poly and VFG (BPK) have. They have connecting rooms that are studio with 1BR. The studios are in between other sized rooms. I think the best odds are at least being in the same building (they are on the small side), maybe same floor, but there really aren’t any studios right next to each other.

SSR has the additional issue that if you don't get rooms close to each other, they can be REALLY FAR away from each other - one of the advantages of something in "a little smaller" in terms of resort size is that if the rooms aren't close, they at least won't be half a mile apart.

I think Poly is the best bet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter