Booking Disney Area Hotels

MikeyCanuck

Earning My Ears
Greetings,

I'm looking to book a trip to Disneyland. We've decided to stay offsite at one of the nearby hotels as the in park hotels don't really fall within our budget (and we plan to spend as little time in our hotel as possible!).

I'm not looking specifically for a hotel recommendation as I've browsed the forums and all sorts of different hotels are recommended. What I am interested in is how people book their hotels. I'm always looking for a good deal so I'm wondering if people book with the hotels direct, use local brick and mortar travel agents, or book through an online travel agency of some sort.

If anyone has any advice as to how to book I would appreciate it. I'd also like to know how much I should expect to save off the Hotel's posted rates (if any). The trip is in the shoulder season - May 10 or 11 to May 15th.

Thanks,

Mike

When we stay off-site we usually book through a broker like get away today. They tend to have really good deals, especially in the off season. We like to stay at Embassy Suites or a similar set up with a separate bedroom/living room. It just makes it so much easier with kids.

Good luck in your planning!

I have always had good luck dealy directly with the hotel. Many hotels have great deals if you book on their websites. My last business trip I found a cheaper rate for the hotel I wanted on a broker website and called the hotel and asked if they would match it and they did. Have done that a few other times in the past and never had them refuse.

You should also check Mousesavers.com they give good ideas on how to book and she lists any good deals going on!

I searched for all the deals and rates then went direct to the hotel, who matched the best rate.

That way I got the best rate, but the security of booking direct with the hotel.

In my case the best rate was a mousesaver rate for HoJo.

I always call the hotel directly, and if they are a chain, don't use the toll free number. Do your research first, see what the going rates are, then see what the hotel will offer. If its higher than something you can book on your own, tell them so and they will either match or beat it. The best rates I've gotten have been with a AAA or Entertainment card.

I've used http://www.worldres.com/ to book at the Desert Inn and Suites. They were $10 less than any other rate I found, YMMV. Plus, when we added an extra night, the hotel said they were full when I called to see if they would match the rate, but I was still able to book online because worldres buys the rooms in advance, which is why their rates are lower. Keep in mind, though, that this means you won't be able to make changes after you pay in advance. However, unlike Priceline or Hotwire, you do no exactly what you are getting and paying before purchase.

Cheers.

Try side step or travel axe - they compare prices from several sources (hotel's own site, orbitz, hotels.com , other volume discounters...) , really easy to use and gives you an idea for price ranges out there.

http://www.travelaxe.com/NewSite/Information_Overview.asp

http://hotels.sidestep.com/hotel/

You can use side step without downloading the toolbar, travelaxe requires a downloaded file but it's worth the hassle! Travelaxe has more options to do a big search of hotels. Search by price, star ratings, location, certain chains, certain names of hotels. You could type in "Best Western park place inn" and it would search thru all the sites in their data base for prices for that particular hotel.

I always use www.bei-hotels.com to book either Park Inn or Tropicana Inn.
They are on Harbor less than 5 minutes to the DL or DCA gates. They list special web rates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter