Books

disneychrista

DIS Veteran
Do you get books from the library, buy them, borrow them from friends? Do you like paper books or do you prefer e - readers?

I am a reader. I always have a book (or 3) to read. Lucky for me I work right by our local library. I order books online and pop in the pick them up after work. Thankfully our county library "shares" with two neighboring county library's, so I can usually find the book I want. If I know an author I read regularly has an upcoming release I try to get it on my list so I don't have to wait. Right now I am #301 for a book, so it will be awhile before I get that one. And yes it is paper books for me almost exclusively. I have downloaded books and read on my ipad mini and it's okay. But I like "real books" more.

I get them from the library and Amazon with my Kindle. I like the ability to bring several different types of books with me all in one device. I struggled reading on the Kindle at first but I now enjoy it a great deal.

I read almost exclusively on my iPad now; it's been a god-send for my weird vision issues. I borrow e-books from the library. I spent several hours once to set up a "wish-list" with about 100 titles on it and that saves a lot of time browsing. Unfortunately I don't read very quickly any more - just not enough time to devote to it. I read a few pages in bed each night and really, really enjoy vacations when there's extended periods of travel or down-time when I can mow through a compelling book.

Unfortunately I don't read very quickly any more - just not enough time to devote to it.
I have all the time in the world these days to read. :laughing:
I don't read fast by any means but I do spend a lot of time doing it. I spend most of my lunch breaks reading and most of my weekends are spent reading. I read about 1.5 - 2 books per week.

I have all the time in the world these days to read. :laughing:
I don't read fast by any means but I do spend a lot of time doing it. I spend most of my lunch breaks reading and most of my weekends are spent reading. I ready about 1.5 - 2 books per week.
I'd have to give up my DIS habit to make this happen. :scratchin Arguably not a bad idea, I guess.

I prefer my Kindle and the ability to carry a whole library around with me or buy a book on the fly. I also like that I can make the font just the right size and that it’s front lit so I can read in just about any circumstance. I tried buying a paperback a couple years ago and well, I couldn’t SEE. LOL

I worked in a bookstore for many years and had first crack at everything that came in. That spoiled me beyond belief so I buy my books.

My Library doesn't have a great selection, so I buy used books on Amazon. I need to hold a book in my hand. Right now, I'm reading Hawaii, By James Michener.

Mostly from the library both hard copies an e books. I also have a coworker that passes books to me when she is done.

I like to read on my Kindle, but for some reason Im just not reading now
What got me on a reading tear the last couple of months is making myself pick up books I started and then abandoned. Once I got through the first one (and enjoyed it) I found myself looking forward to reading again. I also got stuck in the same author loop so I tried a couple new ones on for size.

Most books I borrow online from my library for my e-reader. I usually try to wait till the library adds it to their catalogue unless it's a rare book or something not likely to be picked up by the library. If that happens and I know it's something that I wouldn't mind owning in my physical collection, then I'll buy it.

For me (personally) it seems like a waste of money to spend $20 on a book, when I know I am only going to read once. I get why people like to buy books & keep them.
Never pay that much. $14 tops for a pre order. I have been know to re read. I have a set of paperbacks my mom bought me when I was 14 that I’ve probably read a dozen times. I actually went and bought the digital version so I could have them on me.

For me (personally) it seems like a waste of money to spend $20 on a book, when I know I am only going to read once. I get why people like to buy books & keep them.
I buy mine used and sell them when I'm done unless the book is special to me. Right now, I have 20 books to bring to the used book store. Sometimes I sell them on Amazon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter