"Born again" newbie needs terminal arrival info

Cavepaint

Earning My Ears
Hi all. It's been 5 years since my last DCL cruise and a lot has changed since then especially at the terminal. My main concern is that we'll be traveling with my in-laws who have a 12:30 arrival time while ours is 11:00. If we drive separately and arrive at the terminal just before 11:00 will our travel companions be allowed in? If they have to wait where will they have to wait? I'd much prefer we all get in together and early as I'm trying to secure some Palo time for my wife's birthday.

Also, is it still the same general pattern at the terminal...
1. Drop off bags
2. Park the car (sounds like the old lot I used is now "priority" parking)
3. Go through security
4. Check-in
5. Wait to board

Is that still the the general dance?

Thanks in advance!

Chris
Wonder 2003
Magic 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
Fantasy 2012

Hi all. It's been 5 years since my last DCL cruise and a lot has changed since then especially at the terminal. My main concern is that we'll be traveling with my in-laws who have a 12:30 arrival time while ours is 11:00. If we drive separately and arrive at the terminal just before 11:00 will our travel companions be allowed in? If they have to wait where will they have to wait? I'd much prefer we all get in together and early as I'm trying to secure some Palo time for my wife's birthday.

Also, is it still the same general pattern at the terminal...
1. Drop off bags
2. Park the car (sounds like the old lot I used is now "priority" parking)
3. Go through security
4. Check-in
5. Wait to board

Is that still the the general dance?

Thanks in advance!

Chris
Wonder 2003
Magic 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
Fantasy 2012

DCL suggests that those parties that have more than one arrival time, arrive at the latest time.

The port doesn't open until 11:00 and boarding doesn't start until about 11:45. Those people who arrive prior to their selected arrival time may be asked to wait until either the terminal is less busy or their port arrival time.

I will point out that the port arrival time is tied to your actual boarding time. So, even if someone was allowed earlier entrance, they will be boarding at the same time as if they had arrived on time. They will see others who are arriving at their correct arrival time board before them.

:cutie:

As noted above, they could be asked to wait outside until their arrival time. This is tied to the occupancy allowances in the terminal and the fire code, so is enforced. Also, though now and then someone will say that a CM allowed someone to board with them witih an lower boarding number, do not depend on this as it is not the standard practice. If your priority is to get Palo reservations, perhaps you can board at your time and your DW can wait with your ILs in the terminal, or you and your wife can board, get Palo reservations, then get a table for the four of you for lunch and have your ILs meet you when they board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter