Boulder Ridge or Copper Creek?

This won't really answer your question, but my husband only bought into DVC because of Boulder Ridge(the old Wilderness Lodge). We really love the atmosphere.

Either would be a fine choice, I'm sure.

CCVC: Newer rooms, in the main building so closer to restaurants, Mercantile, and boat dock. Rooms are smaller than their counterparts at the older VWL units (yeah, they call it BRV--I don't). The main pool is "better" in the sense that it has a water feature (slide) and a kids' splash area. Walk to bus stop is about the same for both CCVC and VWL since it sits between the two buildings. Neither the studio nor the 1BR in CCVC sleeps five.
VWL: Larger rooms, refurbished about three years ago, but still a bit more dated (though that doesn't bother us). Studios sleep 5; 1BRs only 4. Generally, a quieter location since you won't be right off the lobby. The pool with which VWL is now associated is quieter, as well, and has no water feature. It's a touch closer to Geyser Point than the main pool.

As for the common areas, the main Lodge's lobby serves as its only true place to find a chair and kick back (though there are a couple of small, isolated places around the Lodge). The VWL building has its own mini-lobby but they also have the Carrolwood Pacific room off that lobby where you can sit and rock, play checkers, stare at the fire, read a book--in essence, just relax in peace since it only infrequently has more than a handful of people. In fact, it's not unusual to find yourself alone.

Good luck with the decision!

I think the VWL lobby (yep, will always be this to me also) is wonderful. Like a lovely, calm, peaceful oasis. We refer to it as The Rotunda because DH and I would sit by the fireplace and wait for DD/DSIL to wave from a top floor that they were coming down to meet us.

I booked them there for September and she forgot BRV vs CCV was which building and all I had to say was "I booked you into the Rotunda building". I immediately heard a very loud "YES!!!".

Last edited:
I think the VWL lobby (yep, will always be this to me also) is wonderful. Like a lovely, calm, peaceful oasis. We refer to it as The Rotunda because DH and I would sit by the fireplace and wait for DD/DSIL to waive from a top floor that they were coming down to meet us.

I booked them there for September and she forgot BRV vs CCV was which building and all I had to say was "I booked you into the Rotunda building". I immediately heard a very loud "YES!!!".
I love this story! You know, it's the small memories like that make life so magical and memorable. Thanks for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter