Boulder Ridge Referb

I think the entire VWL resort is closed for 3 months. There is no availability whatsoever from March 12 to almost 3 months later.

It is not nice to the Boulder Ridge VWL owner... We have DVC points that are banked from COVID that need to be used up. Now, we cannot use them on one of the two major school breaks (Spring break and Christmas break)... and I cannot take advantage of the "home resort" priority at 11th month.

I have to hope somehow still find vacancy at 7th month to book other resorts. How about those banked points from COVID? This is bad timing for renovation in my opinion.
We’re in the same boat… no place to book at 11 months and nervous about finding something at 7 months, with points we’ll need to use or lose.

I am booked in a BR studio, April 2-8 2022. Frankly I am looking to move that reservation at 7 months, mostly because of this delayed refurb. I last stayed at BR a couple years ago, and it was in fairly rough shape THEN. ( I will book and keep BR in December though even if not refurbed). I love BR, we even sold our BCV points to buy back in at BR because of how much we love WL resort.

I have never seen a DVC refurb pushed back this much. I get that SS was delayed from Covid, which affected our timeline as next up. I would hope BR could go relatively fast, with it being so small and in one building. But that GF renovation project has me worried.

Question about refurbishments? We have 2 rooms booked for Easter/April vacation week at BRV. With so many rooms out of service, do they usually close other resort amenities, restaurants or cut down on hours during refurb.

I think my reservations may be smack dab in the middle of the refurbishment. Is it common to be asked to move to another resort?

I'm thinking of trying to switch at 7 months but its such a busy time.

Question about refurbishments? We have 2 rooms booked for Easter/April vacation week at BRV. With so many rooms out of service, do they usually close other resort amenities, restaurants or cut down on hours during refurb.

I think my reservations may be smack dab in the middle of the refurbishment. Is it common to be asked to move to another resort?

I'm thinking of trying to switch at 7 months but its such a busy time.
In the case of BRV, no (or not much). They share all amenities with Copper Creek and the Wilderness Lodge hotel side. There are no restaurants in the BRV building - the only thing they might do is remodel the health club (which is in the BRV building). The BRV pool was recently redone during the Copper Creek buildout so I don't even see them taking the pool out of service (and the Copper Creek pool would be still available to all guests anyway). If it's me, I wouldn't switch. I think the impact will be minimal.

I think the refurbishment is postponed? All of a sudden, the blocked availability in March to May became totally available every single day... That means they are allowing owners to book their stay at that time, so no more renovation for now?

OMG it better not be postponed. When I see the newly "soft goods" refurb photos at Poly and it makes me nuts. Those pull out sofa beds are gross, stained and so so uncomfortable. Not to mention that tile grout all over the place.

I think the refurbishment is postponed? All of a sudden, the blocked availability in March to May became totally available every single day... That means they are allowing owners to book their stay at that time, so no more renovation for now?
I'm glad you noticed that! I was able to make a reservation for dates previously unavailable. Thanks!

I just closed on my BRV purchase today and was disappointed I wouldn’t be able to make a reservation for next May after I looked on the DVC availability tool earlier. Thanks for posting about the sudden availability so hopefully I can make a reservation as soon as my points load!!

Over on the Wilderness Lodge\ BRV thread in the Resort forum someone posted a pic of the refurbed room. Did not show the whole room but it looks great!

Bump....how come no one is excited about this as much as me? I know it is a smaller resort so not as many owners, but those who know this understand how this refurb is desperately needed. I think after seeing the newer refurbished resorts and how they have became so sterile, this looks so much more authentic to its original version and that if....and a big if that this actually how it will look throughout all room types that this will be amazing. Again this could change since it is not official but woo hoo! we finally have hope that it will become as amazing as copper creek!

I can't make a mathematical argument for BR over CCV at all. Even if you plan to hold until 2042, I would still argue for CCV.

I guess the fifth sleeper is meaningful, but then the mathematical solution is to rent points.

There are times I think even the crazy expensive BC points make sense, but it would really have to be a special scenario for me to pitch the insanely overpriced BR.

Here's a photo I saw on a Disney Facebook Group that I also posted in the VWL post. Not my photo but I think the design looks nice from what we can see. I was worried they were going full on modern like SSR and the more modern look that CCV has but it seems to stay in line as being more rustic which I'm happy about. No idea if this room is completely done since the table looks plain but it is awesome they are putting in the Murphy pull down beds instead of the pull out sofa.

I can't make a mathematical argument for BR over CCV at all. Even if you plan to hold until 2042, I would still argue for CCV.

I guess the fifth sleeper is meaningful, but then the mathematical solution is to rent points.

There are times I think even the crazy expensive BC points make sense, but it would really have to be a special scenario for me to pitch the insanely overpriced BR.
For me it was too cheap to pass up last year at 92/pt resale. Concur CCV the better deal in the long run, but I wanted WL and it was an impulse buy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter