Bounceback offers on the ship

foolish-mortal

Your ghost host
We're going on a cruise in October but also want to book another for next June. Is the bounceback offer always 10% off if we book while on the cruise? Is it for any cruise? We're looking at Easter Caribbean for next June. Thanks!

You can no longer book while on a cruise, but only buy a "placeholder discount" with a $250 deposit which gives you the 10% off a future cruise. You can assign the place hold to your TA if you use one or just book using it yourself.

You can purchase up to 2 “placeholder” while onboard; it’s essentially a future cruise certificate. Allows for 10% off, reduced deposit (on cruises of 5+ nights), and good for 1 cruise within 24 months of the date you purchase the placeholder. Fully refundable if not used, the $250 is applied to the deposit. If you buy 2 both must be used on the same future cruise.

You can purchase up to 2 “placeholder” while onboard; it’s essentially a future cruise certificate. Allows for 10% off, reduced deposit (on cruises of 5+ nights), and good for 1 cruise within 24 months of the date you purchase the placeholder. Fully refundable if not used, the $250 is applied to the deposit. If you buy 2 both must be used on the same future cruise.
I just want to add to this given the 2. We had never considered getting 2 staterooms (which is the option 1 or 2). I chose one and went to Guest Services and they added my second as we were considering joining rooms as my kid is getting older and outgrowing the Couch. What I found out, for those who do not know as I didn’t. Is that when you book a second room you are billed as though it’s double occupancy. Just an FYI. So it’s not like we’re paying for one person in the room. Sharing is getting 2 staterooms has never been a thought for us until now. So merely FYI.

Last edited:

Correct. On DCL single occupancy pays the full double occupancy fare, with single taxes and fees.
So to confirm, if you one were to even THINK there might be a possibility of a friend joining, it’s best to just advise party of 4 when booking and the 4th if not needed can be dropped later. Yes? Thinking aloud. So if we don’t know a friend to take at the time of booking, can the name be added later and not pay the higher booking/add fee for the 4th person? I’m uncertain if adding a person such as this would be higher at a later date or if it will be the rate we booked? Or if I give a name, can we make a change without fees increasing at time of change? Hmmm….

So to confirm, if you one were to even THINK there might be a possibility of a friend joining, it’s best to just advise party of 4 when booking and the 4th if not needed can be dropped later. Yes? Thinking aloud. So if we don’t know a friend to take at the time of booking, can the name be added later and not pay the higher booking/add fee for the 4th person? I’m uncertain if adding a person such as this would be higher at a later date or if it will be the rate we booked? Or if I give a name, can we make a change without fees increasing at time of change? Hmmm….
Yes, if there's a possibility of a 4th person, it's best to include them when making the original reservation.

Whether you can add a 4th at a later time depends on several things:
1) is there space in the room? (can't put 4 people in a 3 person room)
2) is there space in the lifeboat assigned to that room? (Since there are more beds than lifeboat seats onboard, it's possible that a room can have another - unfilled - bed, but the lifeboat is full)
3) is there space in the appropriate kid's club? (if applicable)

The cost for an additional guest is what the going rate is at the time you book them, not the cost for same guest had they been included in the original reservation.

It’s always best to include all possible guests when first booking to secure the lowest fare and ensure all can be booked. As PP mentions, adding a guest to an existing reservation gets into question of whether there is availability -- plus the additional guest will be charged the prevailing rate at the time they are added.

But just to be clear -- my post was about the "single supplement" of booking just 1 individual into a stateroom, not a 4th person. Each stateroom is it's own reservation, so I think you mean having 2 reservations of 2 guests in each room. Whether DCL will allow a "TBD Lastname" or require a real name/birthdate, I'm not sure. I think they require a name and birthdate. There may be a $50 fee to change a name.

Yes, if there's a possibility of a 4th person, it's best to include them when making the original reservation.

Whether you can add a 4th at a later time depends on several things:
1) is there space in the room? (can't put 4 people in a 3 person room)
2) is there space in the lifeboat assigned to that room? (Since there are more beds than lifeboat seats onboard, it's possible that a room can have another - unfilled - bed, but the lifeboat is full)
3) is there space in the appropriate kid's club? (if applicable)

The cost for an additional guest is what the going rate is at the time you book them, not the cost for same guest had they been included in the original reservation.
No, we would only have 4 total - 2 in each room

, so I think you mean having 2 reservations of 2 guests in each room. Whether DCL will allow a "TBD Lastname" or require a real name/birthdate, I'm not sure. I think they require a name and birthdate. There may be a $50 fee to change a name.
YES! Sorry, I failed at explaining this correctly. That’s what I was wondering. We likely do need to give the name vs a TBD Lastname. Yes, 2 in each room. Otherwise, we drop a room and the long legged teen is back on the couch. :-)

YES! Sorry, I failed at explaining this correctly. That’s what I was wondering. We likely do need to give the name vs a TBD Lastname. Yes, 2 in each room. Otherwise, we drop a room and the long legged teen is back on the couch. :-)
As a note since you mention a “teen” — unless 18 or 19, the teen will need to be booked in with an adult and split the adults across the 2 rooms. You can re-arrange sleeping accommodations onboard.

And if the friend may be <18 you’ll still need to split the adults even if your son is 18.

As a note since you mention a “teen” — unless 18 or 19, the teen will need to be booked in with an adult and split the adults across the 2 rooms. You can re-arrange sleeping accommodations onboard.

And if the friend may be <18 you’ll still need to split the adults even if your son is 18.
Understood. DCL knew that as we were open with our questions. They are actually who pointed out the second room would need an adult given age. They are the ones who helped us add the second stateroom placeholder. One in each adults name (we of course would have them adjoining). As stated, either a friend joins or he’s bunking as I”m not paying a 4th fare for him to have a bigger bed. Thanks all.

we of course would have them adjoining)
To clarify - "adjoining" means next door, or across the passageway from each other. You'd need to go out of one room to enter the other.

"connecting" means next door, with an interior connecting door.

To clarify - "adjoining" means next door, or across the passageway from each other. You'd need to go out of one room to enter the other.

"connecting" means next door, with an interior connecting door.
Okay, so pardon me. Thank you for clarifying. “CONNECTING”. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter