BRAND NEW CORONADO SPRINGS FAQ THREAD w/ PHOTOS (PART IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Yzma and Kronk, thanks to everyone for all the info...

I was originally booked in the Poly (my dream resort for years and years) but due to my partner travelling with me being laid off recently, I decided to switch to a moderate for piece of mind. After seeing all the posts and pics of CSR on these boards, I have to say, I'm pretty excited about staying there! :)

My question about room selection would be: when I switched my resort over the phone from Poly to CSR, the CM told me that no king rooms were available, and that they would put in a note on my reservation that I was requesting one.

Now I notice that when I pull up my package reservation on wdw.com, it says, "limited view" next to room type, and a note: "guest requests Cabanas." Does "limited view" refer to parking lot view?

Also, I'm wondering why, if I can go on the wdw site today (and the day after I switched the reservation via phone) and pull up an available water or king room, the CM is telling me that none are available and that my reservation notes that I'm down for a limited view room?

Thanks again to everyone for all the CSR info in this thread!

"Limited view" is the category for everything other than "water view." You could be facing the parking lot or a courtyard. You can't specify both King and water-view -- the room rates are the same for both categories.

King-bed rooms are only a bookable category at the Moderate resorts. If you booked with a promotion (buy 4/get 3 or free dining or AAA discount, etc), then it's entirely possible that no other King rooms are allocated to that promotion for the time when you'll be there. You can certainly keep checking, as availability changes daily. My husband and I stayed at POFQ for our anniversary last year with the Florida resident rate and I wanted the King bed room. I initially booked CSR because it was the only one available with the King at the Florida resident rate, but kept checking online every day or two and eventually, one opened up at POFQ, and I switched. [Note: I only wanted POFQ for our anniversary trip because we hadn't been there with our children and I wanted to stay somewhere where I wouldn't be thinking about them while we were gone! :rotfl: We :love: CSR! ]

We stayed at CSR in 2008. We selected Ranchos (7b) because it was so far away from the Convention Centre and crowds (thank you to this thread on the boards!) We were on the 3rd floor over looking the quiet pool. It is the best Disney Resort we have ever stayed at! The Ranchos are near to the main pool (1 min walk ) and there is a beautiful, mostly empty, quiet pool. The walk to the main building is so enjoyable. The bus stop, #4, was directly behind our building. The setting was so unlike anything else at Disney. I enjoyed the Pepper Market very much, my sister enjoyed the Mayan Grill a little more.

See, this proves my point - several of you have said how much you like CSR better than CBR - so now I want to stay at CSR. Then I'll go and look at the CBR thread, and they'll change my mind. :lmao: Good job I've got a few months to decide !! What I like, so far, from what I have heard about CSR, is that it is more peaceful than CBR ? I think we'd like that - we're an "older" couple with a young son, so really want the best of both worlds. What is everyone's thoughts on the food at CSR ? I've heard the Pepper Market can be confusing ? We'd be on the QSDP, so price wouldn't be a problem, but how different is it from other places ? Thanks !

There are fans of each resort b/c they are BOTH great resorts!! Go w/ the theme you think you'll enjoy most! We've stayed at both & our next trip will be at CSR but CBR is fun too!

What I found as a CSR Plus:
Gorgeous rooms at a mod price
Superior pool complex

By staying in the Cabanas area you get the best of "beachy" theming too.

Either way, have a wonderful trip!

We've stayed at CBR 1 time and CSR 37 times so I'm sure you can guess which is our favorite resort! :) Anyway, we'll be back this weekend for a few days, I have a BOD meeting there.....is there anything I can get anyone???

:cloud9: Strawberry margarita please!! Frozen!! And an hour or two on MY hammock! :goodvibes

~ MY hammock ~

Photo009.jpg

Wait! Those people are getting too close to MY HAMMOCK!! Ack!!

Photo010.jpg

Guard duck, looking out over MY HAMMOCK

i have a major question we are going to Disney Aug 16-24 and I would like to know something my mom has been told she has a torn minsichis(hoped I spelled that right) and I would like to know if we could make a request and get it granted to be near the pepper market and el centro so she doesn't have to walk that far as she really doesn't want a ecv. Thanks alot

i have a major question we are going to Disney Aug 16-24 and I would like to know something my mom has been told she has a torn minsichis(hoped I spelled that right) and I would like to know if we could make a request and get it granted to be near the pepper market and el centro so she doesn't have to walk that far as she really doesn't want a ecv. Thanks alot

Minnie&Nana, one of the regular DIS posters, has a phone number for special services which you can call so you can explain that and they can help with getting a room near where you want to be. Unfortunately, Christine (Minnie&Nana) has been sick the last two days and has not been on. I'm going to try to find the phone number but, in the meantime, I am posting your question to her in a PM and hopefully she'll be back here by tomorrow (we miss her!).

I have Lupus which causes me a lot of foot and leg pain, so I was wondering the same thing. If you could pass that information along to me as well, I would REALLY appreciate it :)

I have Lupus which causes me a lot of foot and leg pain, so I was wondering the same thing. If you could pass that information along to me as well, I would REALLY appreciate it :)

Okay, I found the info. I know Christine (Minnie&Nana) will not mind that I copied it here while she is not around:

If your mom has any special need(s), please call Special Resort Needs asap (have your reservation number ready for them): 407-939-7807 # 1 .

These CM's will block a room to be sure any needs your mom may have will be met. They are wonderful and there to help!

Even if she does not require a handicap room, they can help - just explain her needs to them.

Please note this is not strictly for a "mom"...I just copied Christine's previous post answering another DISer.

Okay, guys, as you'll see when I post this, we are on Page 247 of this thread. This thread will close when it reachesh 250 pages. You'll see from another thread that I started, that I've been asked to start a new CSR FAQ Thread (I'm taking a poll to see if you guys want me to or if you think someone else is better equipped). But, in the meantime, if anyone reading this thread is coming back to write a review or post pictures, I'm asking you to open a new thread for the time being. If I decide to star the NEW FAQ thread (which I probably will from the voting so far), I am going to need a couple of days to get it put together. In the meantime, I don't want this thread to be closed before I can at least start the new one. Therefore, questions can be posted here (or started in a new thread as well), but I'd appreciate reviews/pictures be posted separately just for the time being.

Thanks all!

I definitely think you are more than qualified to start a new thread - and I can't wait for September when I finally have something to contribute!

I do have a related question also - is a week too early to fax in room requests? I know most people suggest 3-5 days, but I only have access to a fax machine at work, and my last day at work is the the Wednesday before my wedding, and we aren't leaving for Disney until the following Tuesday.

Kat go for it, just PLEASE put the vitals in the begining, maps, locations of bus stops, building placements and those WONDERFUL pics ect.....:thumbsup2

I guess it would really depend on how much time you spend in the room and how important decor is. I don't have kids, and I haven't stayed at the CBR, but I'll give you this 'visual'. We were on the ME and stopped at the CBR before the CSR. Over half of the bus got off at the CBR. When it stopped at the CSR it was us and another family. We overheard 1 family discussing the difference and they were all saying how much more they liked the CSR-they had a younger kid with them-10ish-who was talking about the pool. The pool was so neat there! I would totally go with the CSR, but that's ok :)

We had the same experience in March! Most of the bus got off at either Pop or CBR but it was only my little "party" (me, dd11 and ds 5 months) and another 3 person family that got off at CSR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter