BRAND NEW CORONADO SPRINGS FAQ THREAD w/ PHOTOS (PART IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely think you are more than qualified to start a new thread - and I can't wait for September when I finally have something to contribute!

I do have a related question also - is a week too early to fax in room requests? I know most people suggest 3-5 days, but I only have access to a fax machine at work, and my last day at work is the the Wednesday before my wedding, and we aren't leaving for Disney until the following Tuesday.

There are fax machines available at any office supply store (like Staples, Office Depot/Max.) Would this be a viable option?

I'm not sure if a week is too far in advance, I've never done a room request before. But I thought I'd offer an alternative suggestion in the meantime.

There are fax machines available at any office supply store (like Staples, Office Depot/Max.) Would this be a viable option?

I'm not sure if a week is too far in advance, I've never done a room request before. But I thought I'd offer an alternative suggestion in the meantime.

It's an option, but my concern is that in the days I took off before the wedding, sending the fax might not take the top priority if there are other things to get done, you know?

When it comes down to it, my main thing I want is to be somewhere in Casita's 3-5 and a renovated room, so if I don't send it ahead of time, I could always ask when we arrive if they have anything like that available, and hope for the best.

I have a quick question...

Has (or will) EVERY room at CSR be renovated to look something like this? :

http://images.photos.walmart.com/232323232fp432<5>nu=3237>379>;;7>WSNRCG=3244584642327nu0mrj

or do some still (and are they going to remain) like this? :

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/Disney5Mom/disney05135.jpg

(found the pics in the room picture thread)

ALL of the rooms will look like the first picture you posted. The second picture is what the rooms looked like before the rehab; the rooms that are not completed yet (Casitas 1, 2 and 3's first three floors) still look like the second picture. ALL rooms will be completed by October 09.

Thanks for answering so quickly. :)

Wow! I'm glad to hear that. This definitely makes me want to choose CSR for my next trip.

Okay, guys, as you'll see when I post this, we are on Page 247 of this thread. This thread will close when it reachesh 250 pages. You'll see from another thread that I started, that I've been asked to start a new CSR FAQ Thread (I'm taking a poll to see if you guys want me to or if you think someone else is better equipped). But, in the meantime, if anyone reading this thread is coming back to write a review or post pictures, I'm asking you to open a new thread for the time being. If I decide to star the NEW FAQ thread (which I probably will from the voting so far), I am going to need a couple of days to get it put together. In the meantime, I don't want this thread to be closed before I can at least start the new one. Therefore, questions can be posted here (or started in a new thread as well), but I'd appreciate reviews/pictures be posted separately just for the time being.

Thanks all!

Thanks for taking the task on... I know you will do a great job! :lovestruc

Just wanted to say welcome!

Have seen pictures of the P&P from other resorts, standard and basic. DD was in a bed with a bedrail by the time we went to Disney. Not sure how worn they get...sure someone will know. But, welcome anyway!

Thanks for the welcome!

Not at CSR, but we stayed at POFQ Nov '08 and the PnP we got was in very good shape and very clean.

The best picture I have is DD trying to smother DS inside of it (it was a long 10 days :rotfl:).

QUOTE]

Thanks so much. It definitely gives me and idea of what to expect.

I don't have a photo, but I've used the PNPs at CSR twice and they were in perfect shape, no tears or stains or anything. They are supplied with one sheet (Disney, of course). When I have used them, I have taken my own bedding so that it would smell familiar to my child. IMO, the pads in the bottom of a PNP are pretty hard, so I took a couple of soft blankets to lay on top of the Disney-provided sheet. Then, I took a regular crib sheet and wrapped it around the whole thing, blankets and pad and all. That gave my child a soft bed that smelled like home.

Another hint re: the PNP is that at CSR they fit in the sink area under the closet bar, so you can close the privacy doors and put the baby/toddler in his/her own space. It was always hard to get my sons to fall asleep if they could see light, see my husband or me, or hear anything. Closing them up into their own little room made it easier for them to nap and allowed my husband and me to stay up a bit later and watch TV.

Hope this helps!

Awesome advice! Thanks so much!

Thanks to all for my welcome!

I just got in from my first stay at CSR. I was there for Jostens Adviser University July 11-14, and my family came along. I requested Cabanas 9B because of its proximity to both the dig site and El Centro. However, I hadn't really grasped the size of the resort when I made my request. As it turns out, it would have been better to request a building closer to El Centro, as my husband and kids only went over to the Dig Site for 2 brief times.

The grounds (what I got to see of them) were beautiful, and the staff was very friendly. The convention center staff was also very helpful and friendly. We had originally planned to stop on the road somewhere coming in, but my husband decided on the way down to drive straight through. I called to see if we could get a room at CSR on the way, and since it was after the group reservation line had closed for the night, we had to book it at the standard rate instead of the group rate that we had booked the rest of the trip. When I was checking in for my convention Saturday, I saw 2 gentleman that were convention center CM's. I asked them if there was any way to get an adjustment for the difference between the standard rate and the group rate for the one night. One of them took me down to the front desk and introduced me to a woman who was the manager on duty. He explained my situation and she said she would be glad to take care of it for me. Later in the day when I saw the same man in the halls, he remembered me and asked if I got it taken care of.

The only negatives I can think of (other than the vastness of the resort) was the experience my husband and kids had in the Pepper Market. They had a really long wait for chicken strips for my youngest son (about 20 minutes), and they said that the quality of their food just wasn't that good. I never ate there myself, but they decided one meal there was enough.

We had a nice stay, but we probably won't be repeat visitors just because it was a little big for our taste. We really like Wilderness Lodge, and part of why is because of the cozy feel it has. Thanks everybody for all the tips leading up to our trip!

Here are some of my pictures that I took on the grounds:

DSC_0211.jpg

DSC_0212.jpg

DSC_0213.jpg

DSC_0210.jpg

DSC_0214.jpg

DSC_0215.jpg

DSC_0217.jpg

DSC_0218.jpg

DSC_0219.jpg

DSC_0220.jpg

DSC_0221.jpg

DSC_0222.jpg

DSC_0223.jpg

DSC_0224.jpg

DSC_0225.jpg

DSC_0227.jpg

Let me get this straight, I have been reading alot of conflicting information about the Cabanas 9B. Is it true that only business concierge guests can request Cabanas 9b now, or can i as a regular resort guest still request this area (my trip is september 19 to 26)?

Thanks ms.yt for the pics! They're beautiful and make me miss that place even more! I stayed in Cabanas 9B too and loved it!

From what I hear, if a convention isn't booked, you can get 9B. i don't know though. I know there was a convention going on when we were there and we got 9B. My TA made the request so who knows?!

Kat, can't wait to see the new thread!

I just got in from my first stay at CSR. I was there for Jostens Adviser University July 11-14, and my family came along. I requested Cabanas 9B because of its proximity to both the dig site and El Centro. However, I hadn't really grasped the size of the resort when I made my request. As it turns out, it would have been better to request a building closer to El Centro, as my husband and kids only went over to the Dig Site for 2 brief times.

The grounds (what I got to see of them) were beautiful, and the staff was very friendly. The convention center staff was also very helpful and friendly. We had originally planned to stop on the road somewhere coming in, but my husband decided on the way down to drive straight through. I called to see if we could get a room at CSR on the way, and since it was after the group reservation line had closed for the night, we had to book it at the standard rate instead of the group rate that we had booked the rest of the trip. When I was checking in for my convention Saturday, I saw 2 gentleman that were convention center CM's. I asked them if there was any way to get an adjustment for the difference between the standard rate and the group rate for the one night. One of them took me down to the front desk and introduced me to a woman who was the manager on duty. He explained my situation and she said she would be glad to take care of it for me. Later in the day when I saw the same man in the halls, he remembered me and asked if I got it taken care of.

The only negatives I can think of (other than the vastness of the resort) was the experience my husband and kids had in the Pepper Market. They had a really long wait for chicken strips for my youngest son (about 20 minutes), and they said that the quality of their food just wasn't that good. I never ate there myself, but they decided one meal there was enough.

We had a nice stay, but we probably won't be repeat visitors just because it was a little big for our taste. We really like Wilderness Lodge, and part of why is because of the cozy feel it has. Thanks everybody for all the tips leading up to our trip!

Thanks for the review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at the CSR. We've always had great managers willing to help us out with a problem--glad you had that too! Glad you tried it and certainly understand that you prefer a smaller resort, but glad you enjoyed your stay anyway. Your pictures are lovely. Do you mind if I use some of them at some point for the new CSR thread?

Let me get this straight, I have been reading alot of conflicting information about the Cabanas 9B. Is it true that only business concierge guests can request Cabanas 9b now, or can i as a regular resort guest still request this area (my trip is september 19 to 26)?

You can request 9B. If a convention has not "paid" for those rooms, they will be available to regular resort guests.

Thanks ms.yt for the pics! They're beautiful and make me miss that place even more! I stayed in Cabanas 9B too and loved it!

From what I hear, if a convention isn't booked, you can get 9B. i don't know though. I know there was a convention going on when we were there and we got 9B. My TA made the request so who knows?!

Kat, can't wait to see the new thread!

momma2kiddos, you are right!

And the new thread will be up in a day or two. It's in the editing stage. :)

Thanks for the review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at the CSR. We've always had great managers willing to help us out with a problem--glad you had that too! Glad you tried it and certainly understand that you prefer a smaller resort, but glad you enjoyed your stay anyway. Your pictures are lovely. Do you mind if I use some of them at some point for the new CSR thread?

I would be happy for you to use my pictures in another thread. Thanks again for all the advice!

Ms.yt, I spend too much time looking at other people's vacation pics, I admit! But something about yours, the light in some of them, I could practically taste the Florida sunshine. Ahhhhh. Which is good, b/c I am not getting much sunshine at my house these days!! Thank you. :)

Ms.yt, I spend too much time looking at other people's vacation pics, I admit! But something about yours, the light in some of them, I could practically taste the Florida sunshine. Ahhhhh. Which is good, b/c I am not getting much sunshine at my house these days!! Thank you. :)
Thanks! I took these on the last day of a 4 day photography workshop, so I guess I was feeling inspired!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter